3 day cleanse fruit and vegetables: The 3-Day Fruit Diet For Weight Loss: Pros, Cons, And What To Expect
The Fruit Flush Diet
The Fruit Flush diet is a three-day detox diet designed by nutritionist Jay Robb to cleanse your system and help you lose weight. This detox diet plan claims to help you lose up to nine pounds in just three days, conquer food addiction, and jump-start your diet and exercise program.
The Fruit Flush Diet: Basics
The Fruit Flush diet is a severe three-day detox session during which you will:
- Drink at least 12 glasses of bottled or filtered water each day
- Avoid non-water beverages, including coffee and tea
- Eat any type of fresh fruits (no frozen, dried, or canned fruits), preferably organic
- Have salad in the evening — all non-starchy, preferably organic, vegetables
- Avoid exercising
- Consume supplemental protein drinks
The Fruit Flush Diet: Pros
The main strength of the Fruit Flush diet is that it encourages you to eat fresh fruits and vegetables, which are an essential part of a healthful diet.
“Fruit is one of the healthiest foods in the world,” says dietitian Katherine Tallmadge, RD, national spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association and author of Diet Simple: 192 Mental Tricks, Substitutions, Habits and Inspirations. “The more fruits and vegetables people eat, the healthier they are, and usually the thinner they are,” she says.
The Fruit Flush Diet: Cons
Tallmadge adds, however, that there is no science to back up doing a detox diet like the Fruit Flush diet and that, rather than doing a one-time detox diet, people should permanently increase the amount of fiber in their diets.
“Having a diet that is high in fiber-rich foods keeps you regular to eliminate potential toxins more quickly and regularly,” Tallmadge says, adding that if you eat a healthful diet rich in fiber, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, “you will be able to detoxify your system 100 percent of the time.”
“Your liver and your body naturally [detoxify you], and there is no evidence that shows that ‘detoxing’ detoxifies you,” agrees fellow dietitian Elisa Zied, MS, RD, CDN, a spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association and author of Nutrition at Your Fingertips.
Other pitfalls of the Fruit Flush diet include:
- Nutrient deficiencies. Zied does like the fact that the Fruit Flush diet incorporates some protein, which many detox diets fail to do, but she says that the restrictions make it difficult for you to get all of the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients you body needs. “This whole plan is not about what you can eat and what you should eat, but what you can’t,” Zied says. “Where is the calcium? Where is the vitamin D? Where are the omega-3 fats? Where are the B vitamins?”
- Too few calories. According to Zied, you can count on feeling zapped of energy while you are on the diet. “If you don’t eat well, you’re not going to feel well,” Zied says.
- Temporary weight loss. Zied says that most of the weight you lose while doing the Fruit Flush diet is water weight, along with some lean muscle tissue and some body fat. “[The Fruit Flush diet] is a temporary solution. You can’t really eat and live this way,” Zied says, adding that you should always be wary of a diet plan that promises such a steep weight loss in just three days.
If you are considering doing the Fruit Flush, keep in mind that it is nothing more than a quick fix, and you will probably regain any weight you lose as soon as you go back to your regular pattern of eating.
The Best and Worst Foods for a Hangover
Drank too much alcohol? Here are some foods that can help cure a hangover (and a few that will likely make your hangover symptoms worse).
By Jill Waldbieser
Knife Skills 101: How to Cut Complicated Fruit and Veggies
Ever wonder how to properly cut avocado, sweet potato, pomegranate, and other tricky produce? We’ve got you covered. These knife skills tips from a chef…
By Elizabeth Millard
20 Popular Food and Nutrition Myths You Shouldn’t Believe
Are carbs the enemy? How about gluten? Is it necessary to eat breakfast? And if so, are eggs going to raise your cholesterol? We debunk some common myths. ..
By Jessica Migala
12 Healthier Ice Cream Brands, According to Registered Dietitians
Ice cream is a favorite dessert, and these 12 brands make varieties that taste indulgent but contain protein, probiotics, and even fiber in some cases…
By Jill Waldbieser
Eating More of These 6 Natural Foods Could Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease and Death
Heart-healthy diets often focus on fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and fish. But a new global study suggests full-fat dairy could also offer benefits…
By Becky Upham
The 10 Top Hydrating Fruits
Fill up your grocery cart with these hydrating fruits that are all packed with water and nutrition. Fresh picks like citrus, berries, and melon are some…
By Leslie Barrie
All About Cherries: Nutrition, Benefits, Types, Side Effects, and More
Whether you prefer them tart or sweet, cherries are packed with nutritional benefits. Find out about calories in cherries, benefits of cherries, and everything…
By Jessica Migala
8 Potential Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Tomatoes and tomato products have a number of known health benefits. A top source of the antioxidant lycopene, tomatoes have anticancer properties and…
By Kayla Blanton
11 Myths and Facts Everyone Should Know About Drinking Water
Proper hydration is key to good health, but there are plenty of myths about how much water to drink, what kind if best, and how to know if you’re dehydrated…
By Sarah Garone
The 7 Biggest Myths About Calories
Calorie counting for weight loss does work, but not all calories are created equal. Check out seven of the most persistent calorie counting myths — plus…
By Joy Manning
The 3-Day Fruit Diet For Weight Loss: Pros, Cons, And What To Expect
A diet that requires you to eat a lot of fruit sounds like the ultimate weight loss solution. It has to be! Fruits are some of the healthiest foods on the planet. But will it really make you lose weight? The answer to this question is yes and no.
The 3-day fruit diet for weight loss is popular among many, but it does have its benefits and limitations. This article will explore how this diet works, its potential pros, cons, and what to expect.
What Is The 3-Day Fruit Diet?
The 3-day fruit diet is a trendy weight loss regimen that’s been gaining popularity in recent years. It has many variations, but the gist of it is this: for three days, you eat only fruit with no added sugar or sweetener. The goal is to detox your body from all the sweets you’ve been indulging in over the holidays, while also getting some nutrients into your system. And because fruits are high in water content, they help keep you hydrated and satiated during those three days.
The rules of the diet are as follows:
- Each day, drink at least 12 glasses of filtered or bottled water.
- Non-water beverages, such as coffee and tea, should be avoided.
- Fresh fruits, in any form, are encouraged (no frozen, dried, or canned fruits), especially if organic (or washed well).
- Have a vegetable salad for supper — non-starchy, ideally organic, vegetables are best.
- Avoid exercising.
- Protein drinks should be used in addition to fruits.
Many people who try this diet report feeling surprisingly energized after just one day on it, sometimes even more so than if they had tried to go about their normal eating habits.
Now, let’s take a look at what you can expect when trying this diet out for yourself.
Read More: Fruit To Eat During Pregnancy: 15 Best Sources Of Nutrients For You And Your Baby
Pros Of Following The 3-Day Fruit Diet For Weight Loss
Looking for quick weight loss results? The 3-day fruit diet is one of the quickest and easiest ways to lose weight that you’ll probably be able to see results after three days (4).
Water weight is one of the first things to go when you’re dieting and eating far fewer calories than usual, so there’s some weight loss attributed to this diet. It just might not be sustainable fat loss.
One of the most common things people report about this diet is that they feel more energetic than usual during those three days. They report feeling like their normal diets leave them tired and sluggish, but after following this 3-day fruit diet they feel more awake and capable of taking on the day.
Get your personal plan according to your age and BMI
Select your gender
Nutrient And Antioxidant Boost
The fruits you’ll be eating on this diet are also packed with high levels of vitamins and antioxidants that will help keep your body healthy, balanced, and functioning at its best (4).
Fruits are also great sources of fiber which helps to maintain good digestion, control blood sugar levels, and keeps you feeling full for longer (4).
No Calorie Counting Necessary
This diet is all about eating whatever type of fruit your heart desires with no restrictions or limits. This can be a great way to ease yourself into a healthier diet if you’re not used to counting calories.
BetterMe app will kick you out of the mental funk, shake off your extra weight, rid you off your energy-zapping habits, and help you sculpt the body of your dreams. Intrigued? Hurry up and change your life for the better!
Cons Of Following The 3-Day Fruit Diet For Weight Loss
The biggest con of this diet is that it isn’t something you can stick to long-term. We all know how it goes, there’s no way someone can live off of fruit for the rest of their life. Some experts suggest that certain fruits should be avoided on this diet because they have a high fructose content, which could actually do more harm than good, while juice diets are often shunned due to the high sugar content.
Proteins are important for a healthy diet, and they will also help keep you fuller, longer (9). And while fruits do have some protein in them, it’s not enough to sustain your body throughout the day. This may cause you to crash later on and feel even more tired than usual. Plus if you don’t get enough protein in your diet, you may lose muscle mass.
Unpleasant Side Effects
Some unpleasant side effects come with a diet like this. Fruits, even the ones you’re allowed to eat on this specific diet, could cause some stomach problems and bloating for some people if eaten in excess.
While fruits are good for you, too much of anything can be bad for you. Eating mostly fruit and not a balance of food groups can cause some problems like an inadequacy of certain vitamins and minerals that your body needs (10).
Lack Of Variety
Another drawback to this diet is that it doesn’t give you very many options if you want to mix things up. Sure, fruits are pretty versatile, but there are only so many fruits you can eat before you get sick of them.
As mentioned before, the main problem with this diet is that it isn’t something you can stick to long-term, and most people who try it will (and should) abandon it after three days. While quick weight loss is often touted as a benefit by those trying out this diet, in reality, it is a negative thing because once you go back to your normal eating habits, the weight will come right back.
Read More: Fruits To Eat Everyday: 7 Nature’s Desserts That Are Super Nutritious
Health Benefits Of Eating Fruits
As part of a balanced diet, fruits offer the following health benefits:
Maintain Blood Pressure
Fruits like apples and grapes contain quercetin, a type of flavonoid that may reduce the risk of stroke and coronary heart disease (CHD). Fruits also increase your body’s production of nitric oxide, a compound that relaxes the walls of arteries, which increases blood flow. These actions help keep your blood pressure in check (4).
Aid In Weight Loss
In addition to being low in calories, fruits are high in fiber and water, which add bulk without adding calories. This helps fill you up, so you eat less at subsequent meals. Apples, pears, peaches, and plums contain lots of soluble fiber in their skin along with vitamins A and C to promote good health when eaten frequently (5).
Prevent Age-Related Macular Degeneration
The antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin have been shown to reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration. This is an irreversible eye disorder that affects sharp, central vision in the elderly (7).
Foods rich in these two carotenoids include yellow corn, green leafy vegetables, and oranges. A study found that people who eat five or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day have a lower risk for this condition than those who don’t eat enough produce (3).
Regulate Bowel Movements
Certain fruits contain a soluble fiber called pectin, a water-soluble plant carbohydrate found naturally in apples, citrus fruit, and other plants, have been shown to aid in regulating bowel movements. Pectin also helps lower blood cholesterol levels (1).
Help Prevent Cancer
Fruits and vegetables contain a wide array of antioxidants that protect your cells from damage by free radicals. These are unstable molecules that can cause cell mutations and could eventually lead to cancer and other diseases. Studies show that people who eat a lot of fruits and vegetables have a reduced risk of many cancers, including lung, colon, and oral cancers (5).
In particular, oranges are rich in the antioxidant beta-cryptoxanthin, which protects against lung cancer. And pomegranates contain ellagic acid, an antioxidant compound associated with reduced risk for ovarian cancer (5).
Prevent Kidney Stones
Citrus fruits like lemons and grapefruit contain citrate, and have been shown to prevent kidney stones by blocking stone formation (8).
Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
One study reported that people who ate diets rich in fruit and vegetables had a reduced risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. Blueberries are especially high in antioxidants called anthocyanins, which have been linked to improved memory (6).
Fruits contain other beneficial compounds known as polyphenols — potent antioxidants that protect your skin from sun damage and may reduce your risk for skin cancer. These substances can be absorbed into your body if you eat fruits like apples, strawberries, grapefruit, and citrus (5).
Lean and toned up body isn’t just a far-fetched fantasy. Check out the BetterMe app and watch it propel your weight loss journey into high gear!
Get Your Recommended Daily Allowance Of Fruits
Women should eat 1 ½ to 2 cups of fruit a day, while men require about 2 cups, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Dietary Guidelines for Americans (2). However, just because you’re not eating the suggested daily servings doesn’t mean you can’t reap any benefits from fruit. It’s not easy for everyone to eat enough produce every day to meet their nutrient needs, so even if you have one or two pieces a day, that’s better than nothing!
It may seem difficult to fit in the recommended servings during hectic days when time is at a premium. However, by cutting up fruits and eating them with other foods, you can boost their nutrient value and make them easier to digest. In addition, by boosting the fruit content of your breakfast cereal with sliced bananas or berries or adding a few pieces to your green salads, you’ll open up a whole new world of flavors and benefits.
The Bottom Line
The 3-day fruit diet is restrictive and offers temporary results. That said, there’s a reason doctors and nutritionists recommend that we eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. These foods are an important source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and cancer-fighting substances. By including more fresh produce in your healthy balanced diet, you can help maintain optimum health, as well as lose weight.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!
- [Health-promoting properties of pectin] (2014, nih.gov)
- Americans Still Can Meet Fruit and Vegetable Dietary Guidelines for $2.10-$2.60 per Day (2019, usda.gov)
- Fruit May Help Prevent Macular Degeneration (2004, webmd.com)
- Health benefit of vegetable/fruit juice-based diet: Role of microbiome (2017, nih.gov)
- Health Benefits of Fruits and Vegetables (2012, nih.gov)
- Increased Consumption of Fruit and Vegetables Is Related to a Reduced Risk of Cognitive Impairment and Dementia: Meta-Analysis (2017, nih.gov)
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin Status and Risk of Age-Related Macular Degeneration (2003, arvojournals.org)
- Medical and Dietary Therapy for Kidney Stone Prevention (2014, nih. gov)
- Protein, weight management, and satiety (2008, oup.com)
- The Fruitarian Diet: Is It Good or Bad For You? (2021, clevelandclinic.org)
Detox for 3 days – menu, recommendations for cleansing the body
Detox for three days is considered the most optimal program for those who first get acquainted with this possibility of cleansing the body in a natural way.
This type of diet can be used both for the complex removal of toxins, and to maintain the functioning of individual organs and systems. This is not a hard fast, but the principle of choosing foods with certain qualities and compiling a diet for several days according to certain rules, which allows you to speed up the removal of toxins and toxins without discomfort and harm to health.
- When is it necessary to cleanse the body?
- Benefits of a detox diet
- Three Day Detox Basic Rules
- Detox menu for 3 days
- First day
- Second day
- Third day
- Why is it better to detoxify in a sanatorium?
When is body cleansing required?
Accumulation of toxins is inevitable. Unfortunately, the natural reserves of the body are not enough for their complete elimination. They come from several directions at once, and the total amount quickly crosses the boundaries of the critical norm. Causes:
- general air pollution, where a huge amount of chemicals are in suspension, and when living near industrial enterprises, the situation is aggravated by regular emissions;
- dust containing no less toxins and deposited on the skin;
- water in which reagents with disinfecting properties are dissolved, but even spring moisture is not always useful if it is not taken from an environmentally friendly source.
The greatest amount of toxins enters the body with food. It also causes the accumulation of slag masses. This is due to the fact that people prefer fast food, snacks, convenience foods. They contain a large amount of salt, which inhibits the processes of natural circulation of fluids. All kinds of dyes, preservatives, envelop the inside of the intestine with a film that interferes with the normal absorption of nutrients, provokes an increase in appetite and an increase in body weight. At the same time, it is extremely difficult to get rid of the gained kilograms until the correct functioning of the intestines and excretory systems is restored. Slag masses form deposits, which eventually begin to decompose, leading to the development of internal intoxication.
You can understand that the amount of harmful substances in the body has exceeded a critical level by the following signs:
- weakness and lack of internal energy;
- frequent colds;
- headaches without apparent cause;
- joint problems;
- muscle cramps;
- shortness of breath;
- sudden change of mood;
- lack of resistance to stress;
- deterioration of the skin;
- brittle hair and nails;
- flatulence, heartburn;
- violations in the work of the gastrointestinal tract;
- chronic fatigue syndrome;
- lack of desires and aspirations;
- signs of depression.
Many people run to see the doctors, history is swollen with tests and diagnoses, while most of them are in doubt, because it is not possible to determine the exact cause of the ailment. This is due to the fact that there is a struggle with the consequences, and the root cause, internal poisoning with waste products, is not affected. To see this for yourself, it is enough to make a detox menu for 3 days and impartially assess your well-being after this cleansing program. If you notice lightness, improved mood and the disappearance of problems with the intestines, then you should take note of this method, as it is quite effective and safe.
Benefits of a detox diet
For sustainable improvement of well-being and prevention of various diseases, a balanced diet should be a life goal, and not limited to 1, 3 or 7 days. Naturally, it is difficult to immediately adjust to such a rhythm, so you should start with a short period of healthy eating.
The main difference from strict or one-component diets is milder conditions, following the needs of the body, no loss of nutrients. This is more of a style of eating than a list of hard limits. A day is allowed on kefir, juices, detox soups to eliminate a specific problem or general unloading after long protracted holidays. The rest of the time, the diet should be balanced, nutritious and tasty. These are quite achievable goals if you follow the basic rules of organizing a healthy diet.
- accelerates the natural cleansing process;
- increases the reserve of internal energy;
- speeds up metabolism;
- relieves emotional stress;
- improves immunity;
- enhances the excretory system;
- helps to lose weight and keep it within the specified limits.
It should be taken into account that nutritional correction often eliminates most of the allergic reactions, since the cause of their occurrence is mainly intestinal dysfunction and slagging.
The basic rules of a three-day detox
To get the maximum effect, it is advisable to slightly reduce the intensity of cardio and strength training, replace long runs with leisurely walks and swimming. But you don’t have to give up physical activity completely. They activate intestinal peristalsis, stimulate the excretory system, accelerate metabolism and the process of removing slag masses.
Comprehensive detox diet is carried out twice a year. This is enough to normalize the functioning of the internal organs and get rid of the ballast that has accumulated over time, provided that the further diet will also comply with the norms of a healthy lifestyle. Fasting days can be spent weekly.
Entering and exiting a slimming detox should be smooth. You can not immediately abandon the usual amount of food, the body will perceive this as stress. Chronic diseases may worsen and instead of recovery, an unscheduled trip to the doctor will turn out. A few days before the planned body cleansing program, it is recommended to gradually replace animal fats with vegetable fats, increase the proportion of greens, vegetables and fresh fruits, and stabilize fluid intake rates.
It is very important to observe the drinking regimen. At the same time, coffee, alcohol, sweet and carbonated drinks are completely excluded. It is advisable to drink not only water, but also rosehip decoctions, herbal preparations, decoctions of dried fruits or fresh fruits. You can sweeten them with a spoonful of honey.
The psychological component should not be overlooked either. A positive attitude is needed, because if you think in advance that it will be hungry and uncomfortable, then these emotions will become predominant, nullifying all the efforts made. It is much more effective to think about the benefits, the expected ease and improvement in well-being.
Detox menu for 3 days
When planning a comprehensive cleansing, there are two main goals – to saturate the body with high-quality nutrients and keep the mind calm and focused. When compiling a diet, it is necessary:
- exclude fatty foods, salt, semi-finished products, sausages, fast food;
- drink freshly squeezed juices, purchased ones will not work, they contain a very small amount of vitamins, which cannot satisfy all the body’s needs for useful elements;
- for snacks, use predominantly nuts and seeds soaked overnight to get a dose of magnesium;
- monitor the variety of flavors and aesthetic appeal of cooked food;
- do not neglect spices such as turmeric, ginger, nutmeg;
- increase your fiber intake by choosing the right foods and including wheat germ.
To find peace of mind, you need to put aside everyday worries, dedicating these days only to yourself. Take time to practice relaxation, meditation, master breathing techniques and choose exercises for stretching and relaxing muscles in advance.
Personal preferences must be taken into account when compiling the menu, since food should be enjoyable.
Breakfast consists of smoothies, preferably green. The composition can include: cucumber, leafy greens, apples, pineapple slice, spirulina, lemon juice. The daily dose of selenium will give 2 Brazil nuts. As the basis of the drink, 150 ml is most often taken. almond or buckwheat milk. It is important to remember that the drink has the maximum benefit immediately after preparation, therefore it is not advisable to prepare it for several servings if it is not designed for a company of like-minded people.
Lunch consists of detox salad. At the heart of it is avocado, as the most satisfying ingredient. Cucumber, broccoli, red and leafy cabbage in equal proportions, a bunch of greens, half a glass of brown rice and peeled nuts are added to it. Dressing will be a mixture of olive oil, grated ginger, black pepper and freshly squeezed juice of a quarter of a lemon.
Snack is a small handful of seeds and nuts. It is recommended to pre-soak them for better digestibility.
Dinner should preferably be planned 3 hours before bedtime, it is best to cleanse the liver at this time by preparing a detox soup. Minced garlic, carrots, parsnips, 2 cups of celery and broccoli are lightly sautéed in coconut oil. Then 2 cups of vegetable broth is poured into the pan. All ingredients are laid at the same time and aged on low heat for 5 minutes, until soft. The mass is whipped in a blender to a puree consistency with the addition of chia seeds, fresh herbs and lemon juice.
Breakfast consists of a glass of freshly squeezed juice. You can replace it with a fruit mix, but without adding sugar. Apples, bananas, berries, citrus fruits are suitable as ingredients.
Lunch includes vegetable soup with seafood or assorted finely chopped zucchini, tomatoes, celery, carrots and cabbage.
Snack should include fresh fruit slices or a glass of yogurt.
Dinner consists of rice with sea kale or asparagus salad with spinach if you are feeling hungry. When the program is easily tolerated, there is no need to overload the body, vegetable stew or fruit salad is enough.
For breakfast you can eat fruit puree or a handful of brown rice. But if you do not change traditions, then it is better to make smoothies from vegetables with herbs.
Lunch consists of Chinese cabbage salad, avocado and fresh cucumber or light soup without potatoes.
At afternoon snack – cleansing cocktail. Half a glass of water is mixed with the juice of 1 lemon, 1 orange and 1 carrot.
For dinner , you can plan a smoothie or vegetable salad seasoned with lemon juice.
Detox menu recipes are very diverse, you can alternate them or choose a single principle for yourself, taking the menu of the first day as a basis, it all depends on personal preferences.
Why is it better to detoxify in a sanatorium?
Comfortable conditions and a positive emotional attitude are equally important for the successful elimination of toxins and slags. This house is difficult to reach, constantly distracted by everyday affairs.
Diet for cleansing the body – types, basic rules
- Useful articles
The state of a person’s health largely depends on what and in what quantities he eats and drinks. Due to irregular and improper nutrition, poor ecology and other factors, harmful substances can accumulate inside the intestines. They cause a range of unpleasant symptoms, ranging from mild to severe and permanently uncomfortable. A detox diet for cleansing the body and losing weight helps to quickly remove them and improve well-being.
To achieve tangible results, you need to read the rules of the cleansing diet and follow them. Such a diet is not suitable for everyday life: together with toxins, vitamins and trace elements can leave the body. But over a period of 1 day to a week, harmful substances will go away, and well-being will improve thanks to the beneficial ones found in foods from the diet menu. In this case, the body will not be damaged, because the supply of nutrients is easy to replenish by switching to a balanced healthy diet after a cleansing diet.
- Cleansing diet – what is it?
- Detox diet to cleanse the body
- Body preparation
- Eating pattern
- Drinking mode
- Benefits of diet
- Basic diet rules
- Preparatory period
- Leaving the diet
- Common diets for cleansing the body
- Diet for 10 days
- Diet for 1 day
- Diet for week
- Why is it better to cleanse the body in a sanatorium?
Cleansing diet – what is it?
Intestine is an organ, on the state of which a person’s well-being largely depends. Weakness, sleep problems, discomfort, headaches, diarrhea and other problems with the gastrointestinal tract are sure signs that toxins and toxins have accumulated inside. Their presence is also evidenced by increased fatigue, especially if it is accompanied by weight gain.
Usually the body copes with cleansing, but sometimes it needs help. To speed up the removal of toxins and toxins, you need to reduce their intake and add organic products to the diet that contribute to deep cleansing and healing of the intestines. This is natural plant food.
The cleansing diet implies a temporary rejection of unhealthy food, and not only in the traditional sense. The usual diet of a losing weight person does not include sweets, fast food, alcohol and fatty, fried, spicy or smoked foods. During a detox diet, it is worth giving up any baked goods, salt, sugar, meat and fat-rich foods, even if they are considered healthy. For example, you should not even eat whole grain bread and avocados, although these foods do not harm the intestines. But they can slow down the cleaning process, so it’s better to temporarily abandon them.
Detox diet for detoxification
There are many different menus for detox diets, but they are based on general principles. There are three important aspects that cannot be ignored. Otherwise, the transition to a new diet will not bring the desired result or harm your health.
Preparing the body
Do not abruptly give up foods that used to be an important part of the diet. It is better to gradually reduce the amount of sweet, fatty, simple carbohydrates and other types of food that you will have to give up until the end of the diet. This can take from 2 to 7 days, but sometimes it is better to take your time and prepare the body more thoroughly. Then the diet will not become stressful for him, and it will be much easier to withstand it without disruption. Cravings for sweets or fatty foods will gradually subside and feel better before detox begins.
There are two most important things: eating on time and maintaining the right ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Food should be taken 5-6 times a day, in small portions. The less hard foods that are difficult to digest enter the body, the easier it will be to cleanse the intestines in a natural way. To simplify the calculation of certain trace elements in a serving, you can start keeping an electronic food diary. Most of these applications allow you to calculate their amount and stick to the following ratio: 25-35% proteins, 10-20% fats and 40-50% carbohydrates. With the help of a calorie calculator, you can also calculate the energy value of each serving, although this is not so important during a diet whose goal is to cleanse the body.
If the body does not get enough ordinary drinking water without impurities, the metabolism will slow down and the electrolyte balance will be disturbed. During the diet, the feeling of thirst becomes less pronounced over time, so you need to carefully monitor the water balance in the body. During the detox period, a healthy adult should drink 2-3 liters of non-carbonated water, depending on their body weight. This will speed up the cleansing process.
Benefits of diet
Detox diet is as effective as hardware bowel cleansing. At the same time, its action is more gentle. This way of dealing with toxins has several advantages:
- Availability. Products allowed during the diet are available in every supermarket, they can be grown in the country or purchased on the market during the season.
- Convenience. Most of the dishes for the detox menu do not need to be cooked for a long time, because the diet is based on fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Complex effect on the body. With the help of a detox diet, you can improve complexion, gastrointestinal tract, get rid of extra pounds and normalize sleep.
- Efficiency. Due to the peculiarities of the diet, harmful substances quickly leave the body.
- Fast action. You can achieve a tangible result even in 1 day.
- Security. If you follow the rules of the diet and exclude all contraindications before it starts, it is harmless to the body.
All of these benefits make colon cleansing diets popular. However, it is worth remembering that their effectiveness can only be guaranteed if the rules are strictly followed.
Basic rules of the diet
As part of a diet that promises the gradual elimination of toxins and toxins from the body, it is not necessary to adhere to a specific menu. You can include your favorite foods in the diet, if they do not belong to the list of prohibited foods. But there are a few general rules.
- All products must be fresh. If there is an opportunity to purchase farm or seasonal fruits and vegetables, you should take it.
- Predominate in the detox diet should be plant foods, it is allowed to eat berries and nuts. It is especially good if the products have not been subjected to heat treatment.
- Salt, sugar and spices should be temporarily excluded from the menu.
- If you need to cleanse the intestines, freshly squeezed juices, decoctions of fresh and dried herbs, mineral water and herbal or green tea are suitable.
- Eat regularly and in small portions. It is advisable to make a meal schedule in advance and stick to it.
- It is necessary to minimize the consumption of coffee and black tea, give up sugary soda, alcohol and tobacco.
- The success of a diet depends on more than just following the diet. It is important to exclude any stress during the detox period, add moderate physical activity and walks in the fresh air to the schedule.
There are also all-encompassing rules regarding the stages of detoxification. They need to be followed shortly before the start of the diet, during and in the process of exiting it.
Before starting a diet, it is advisable to spend the day eating strictly by the clock certain foods, most of which are drinks. The fasting day menu looks like this:
- 08:00. 250 ml. unsweetened green tea and sour apple.
- 09:00. 200 gr. a mixture of grape juice and bread tea in a ratio of 1: 1.
- 10:00 am. 500 ml. green tea without added sugar.
- 11:00 am. 200 gr. a mixture of ripe carrot juice and bread tea in a ratio of 1: 1 and 100 gr. grapes of white varieties.
- 12:00. 200 ml. grape juice and 100 gr. grapes.
- 15:00. 500 ml. unsweetened green tea.
- 4:00 pm. 200 gr. a mixture of carrot juice and bread tea in a ratio of 1: 1.
- 17:00. 200 ml. pure non-carbonated water, you can mineral.
- 18:00. 3 red or yellow bell peppers
- 19:00. 200 gr. mixtures of apple or pear juice and bread tea in a 1: 1 ratio.
- Drink 250 ml at night. green tea without added sugar.
This sequence of meals must be strictly observed, so it is worth setting aside a day when nothing will distract from the diet, and spend it at home.
The menu should consist of products of plant origin and contain a minimum amount of protein. It is desirable to reduce the consumption of fats to a minimum during the cleansing of the body. Vegetables, fruits and berries in the diet should be raw, heat treatment is allowed when preparing tea and decoctions. The menu can be varied by adding nuts and seeds to it as a source of vegetable protein, but it should not be too much. It is better to focus on freshly squeezed juices, smoothies, fruit and vegetable purees without sugar, salt and spices. They contain much more nutrients and help the intestines to cleanse.
Exit from the diet
You need to leave the cleansing diet gradually so that the stress on the body is minimal. Do not abruptly add fats and proteins, spicy, salty and sweet foods to the diet. During the first 4 days, you need to consume a minimum amount of foods such as meat, pastries, fried vegetables.
Common diets for cleansing the body
There are a huge number of different menus for the cleansing diet. But among them there are the most popular, time-tested. Not only ordinary people who have already tried and are convinced of their effectiveness tell about their effectiveness. The benefits of such diets are confirmed by doctors. These are mono-diets based on certain types of foods.
Buckwheat is a fairly satisfying and high-calorie product, but good for the intestines and rich in vitamins and microelements. On a diet consisting mainly of it, you can gradually lose weight without an acute feeling of hunger. To remove toxins from the body, you need to eat buckwheat porridge for at least 2 weeks. This diet is one of the most sparing for the body, but it does not guarantee a quick result.
Buckwheat should be cooked sparingly: steam overnight in boiling water in a proportion of 100 ml. cereals per 100 ml. water to retain more nutrients. In addition to steamed buckwheat, you can eat vegetables and dairy products, but porridge should remain the basis of the diet. One of the important rules of the diet, in addition to the cleansing diets common to all, is no meals after 18:00.
Rice diet is not much different from buckwheat diet. The calorie content of white rice is much lower than that of buckwheat, so its duration should not exceed a week. The rules are the same: no sauces, sugar, salt, alcohol, or starchy vegetables like potatoes. Only fruits, vegetables and seafood are allowed, and for dressing a little soy sauce or good olive oil.
Rice contains a lot of essential amino acids for the body, so a diet based on it will help to improve health. Various dried fruits can be added to porridge, due to which it will become a full-fledged dessert.
Oatmeal contains a lot of vitamins that need to be replenished during detox. That is why hercules is great as a diet food. It is important that the porridge be without flavorings: salt, sugar, flavorings and other substances that are contraindicated during bowel cleansing. For a week of an oatmeal diet, you can get rid of 3-5 kilograms of excess weight, as well as remove toxins and toxins.
In between meals, you can have a snack not only with porridge, but also with fruits and fresh or boiled vegetables. To prepare the perfect dietary oatmeal, just pour boiling water over it overnight. During such a diet, it is important to pay attention to the drinking regime: a glass of mineral water without gas can be drunk only an hour and a half after eating.
This diet involves a gradual transition to raw and boiled vegetables and the rejection of other foods. Its advantage is that this type of product is truly diverse, as is the list of dishes that can be prepared from them. Of course, during the detox period, you should not treat yourself to stew with potatoes in sunflower oil. But you can cook vegetables on the grill, stew them or boil them, make smoothies with a blender.
It is much easier to endure body cleansing on vegetables, many people note a surge of strength and good mood throughout the week. You need to eat up to 1.5 kilograms of vegetables per day, 40% of which have been processed and 60% raw. This is the main rule of the diet, and sticking to it is fundamentally important. Bread and dairy products are not banned, but it is better to reduce their consumption to a minimum.
This diet can be considered an analogue of the vegetable diet, although it has its own characteristics. Instead of fresh and thermally processed vegetables, you need to eat fruits and berries. Fruit diets are divided into 2 types:
- Mono. You can eat one fruit or one type of fruit (only watermelons and melons or only peaches, apricots and plums).
- Mixed. Any fruits and berries are allowed in reasonable quantities, excluding especially high-calorie ones.
The fruit diet can last from 3 to 12 days. Depending on the initial weight, you can lose 3-7 kilograms on it. One of the indisputable advantages of such a diet is that there are no time limits. If you want to eat an apple or an orange at night, this will not be considered a violation of the rules. Another plus is the ease of preparation. Most fruits should be eaten raw and should be peeled or chopped.
Diet for 10 days
The ten-day cleansing diet is one of the most popular. It is quite difficult to endure, but the result is worth the temporary abandonment of your favorite products. One of the important rules of such a diet is to drink a glass of warm boiled water with a couple of drops of lemon juice every morning. It will help the intestines to work more actively and be cleansed. On the menu:
- Sour apple slices and green tea. It is not forbidden to add a spoonful of honey to it for sweetness.
- Same as the first day.
- Oatmeal boiled without seasonings in water for breakfast. 200 gr. lean beef and a ripe tomato for lunch. For dinner 200 gr. brown rice with soy sauce or delicious olive oil. Before going to bed, you can drink a mug of warm tea with a slice of lemon.
- You can add 1 cup of natural black coffee without sugar to the traditional morning oatmeal. Lunch – 2 apples and a glass of detox water. For dinner, an orange and an apple.
- It is recommended to have breakfast with fat-free cottage cheese (no more than 150 gr), it can also be replaced with unflavoured yoghurt. Breakfast also includes a salad of grated carrots on a medium grater, sprinkled with lime or lemon juice. Lunch is more dense: vegetable salad and a baked potato with two eggs. Dinner on the third day.
- Only a cup of coffee is allowed for breakfast. Lunch consists of vegetable soup, 150 gr. cottage cheese and apple. For dinner, you can drink 250 ml. 1% kefir.
- As a morning and afternoon meal, oatmeal. For breakfast, you can add a cup of black coffee to the porridge. For dinner 200 gr. rice with dressing.
- Hercules on the water on the breakfast menu. Together with him it is allowed to sit an apple and an orange. For lunch, you can drink kefir with low fat content. In the evening it is allowed to eat boiled fish and two ripe oranges for dessert. Before going to bed, you can drink a cup of tea.
- In the morning you can drink a glass of 1% kefir. In the afternoon – eat boiled fish and drink a cup of tea without sugar. As a dinner, you can cook 200 gr. steamed lean beef and a little rice as a side dish. For dessert, 3 small apples will remain.
- The last day of the diet should start with a glass of kefir. For lunch, only tea sweetened with a little honey. Steamed brown rice for dinner. Dessert is a ripe orange and a cup of hot tea.
This diet helps not only cleanse the body, but also lose weight. But due to the low calorie content of the diet, experts do not recommend combining it with physical activity. A multivitamin complex will help restore lost vitamins and minerals, and you need to gradually leave the detox diet for 10 days. It is recommended to add a little more food rich in protein and fat every day and increase its calorie content.
Diet for 1 day
If such a short period is allotted for cleansing the body, you need to prepare for it carefully. As a menu, you can use the diet of the preparatory detox day, consisting of fruit juices and bread tea. This drink is easy to make at home. It is necessary to cut into cubes 200 gr. black bread, pour into a jar and pour 1 liter. boiling water. Tea should be infused for 12 hours, so it is best to prepare it in the evening before the detox day. In the morning, the drink should be filtered and drunk in a glass. Such a detox day helps to cleanse the body and normalizes bowel function.
Diet for a week
Universal cleansing and healing diet for 7 days. It does not promise fast weight loss, so the portion size is not limited. Allowed foods can be eaten in any quantity. It is only important not to overeat, and it is better to divide large portions into several small ones. The menu for 7 days can be made to your taste, guided by the rules:
- Carbohydrates (porridge, bread) are best eaten for breakfast.
- For lunch, it is good to eat fresh raw vegetables and fruits, light vegetarian soups and sour-milk products.
- In the evening you can have a second course with a side dish.
The list of allowed foods is as follows:
- Fruits: green apples, all citrus fruits, including tangerines, peaches, pears, apricots.
- Vegetables: boiled beets and carrots, various types of cabbage, potatoes, sweet peppers, eggplants, cucumbers and pumpkins.
- Berries: plums, black and red currants, strawberries, cranberries, cloudberries, lingonberries, cherries, blueberries and gooseberries.
- Cereals: oatmeal, pearl barley, rice and buckwheat.
- Drinks: teas and decoctions without sugar, compotes, mineral water without gas, unsweetened kvass.
- Dairy products (minimal and fat-free).
- Lean white fish, chicken (breast) and eggs (sources of protein, also in minimal amounts).
If you have decided by all the rules to cleanse the body on a diet for a week, you can not eat fatty, fried, sweet, spicy and salty, drink coffee and soda. You should also give up smoking and alcohol.
The Colon Cleansing Health Diet is not just a dietary adjustment. If its duration exceeds 3 days, it is stress for the body. Therefore, before starting a detox, you should consult with your doctor. The specialist will prescribe an examination, the results of which will make it clear whether there are contraindications. The cleansing diet is contraindicated in:
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Diseases of the large and small intestines, such as colitis, dysbacteriosis and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- High blood pressure.
- Severe mental illness.
- Oncological diseases.
If a person is stressed, has a cold, or is taking a course of pills, it is best to refrain from a detox diet to cleanse the intestines. This also applies to women during menopause and critical days, since their body is most sensitive to a change in diet.