Constant buzzing sound in my head: Tinnitus – Symptoms and causes
Subjective tinnitus (typically a constant tone and sometimes accompanied by some degree of hearing loss)
History of occupational or recreational exposure to noise
Doctor’s examination alone‡
Progressive hearing loss, often with family history
Doctor’s examination alone‡
Barotrauma (ear damage due to sudden pressure change)
Clear history of ear damage
Doctor’s examination alone‡
Tinnitus and often hearing loss in only one ear
Sometimes other neurologic abnormalities
Drugs (particularly aspirin, aminoglycoside antibiotics, certain diuretics, and some chemotherapy drugs, including cisplatin)
Tinnitus beginning in both ears shortly after starting use of drug
Except with aspirin, hearing loss also possible
With aminoglycoside antibiotics, possible dizziness and problems with balance
Doctor’s examination alone‡
Eustachian tube dysfunction
Often a long history of decreased hearing and frequent colds, and problems clearing ears with air travel or other pressure change
May be in one or both ears (often one ear more of a problem than the other)
History of such infection
Sometimes doctor’s examination alone‡
Sometimes other tests (for example, a lumbar puncture if meningitis is suspected)
Repeated episodes of hearing loss, tinnitus, and/or fullness in one ear and severe vertigo
Gadolinium-enhanced MRI to rule out vestibular schwannoma
Visible abnormalities seen during ear examination, including discharge with external otitis
Doctor’s examination alone‡
Objective tinnitus (typically pulsatile or intermittent)
Artery and vein (arteriovenous) malformations of the dura
Constant, pulsatile tinnitus in only one ear
Usually no other symptoms
Possible humming or pulsing noise over the skull heard during examination
Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA), CT angiography CTA), or conventional angiography
Spasm of muscles of the palate or of the middle ear
Irregular clicking or mechanical-sounding noise
Possibly other neurologic symptoms (when the cause of the spasm is a neurologic disease such as multiple sclerosis)
Possible movement of the palate and/or eardrum when symptoms occur
Turbulent blood flow in carotid artery or jugular vein
Possible humming or pulsing noise heard over the neck during examination
The noise may stop when the doctor pushes on the jugular vein and/or has people turn their head to the side
Sometimes doctor’s examination alone
Sometimes CT venogram and CT angiography
Vascular middle ear tumors (such as glomus tumors)
Constant, pulsatile tinnitus in only one ear
Possible pulsing noise heard over the affected ear during examination
Sometimes doctors can see the tumor behind the eardrum when they look in the ear canal with a light
Angiography (usually done before surgery)
Why Does That Weird Ringing in My Head Get Worse at Night?
If you are one of the 25 million people in the U. S. with a medical condition called tinnitus, usually ringing in the ears, then you probably know that it tends to get worse when you are trying to fall asleep, but why? The ringing in one or both ears is not a real noise but a complication of a medical issue like hearing loss, either permanent or temporary. Of course, knowing what it is will not explain why you have this ringing, buzzing or swishing noise more often at night.
The truth is more common sense than you might think. To know why your tinnitus increases as you try to sleep, you need to understand the hows and whys of this very common medical problem.
What is Tinnitus?
To say tinnitus is not a real sound just adds to the confusion, but, for most people, that is true. It’s a noise no one else can hear and does not happen of a real sound close to your ear. The individual lying next to you in bed can’t hear it even if it sounds like a tornado to you.
Tinnitus alone is not a disease or condition, but a sign that something else is wrong. It is typically associated with significant hearing loss. For many, tinnitus is the first sign they get that their hearing is at risk. Hearing loss tends to be gradual, so they do not notice it until that ringing or buzzing starts. This phantom noise works like a flag to warn you of a change in how you hear.
What Causes Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is one of medical sciences biggest conundrums. Doctors do not have a clear understanding of why it happens, only what it usually means. It is a symptom of a number of medical problems including inner ear damage. The inner ear contains many tiny hair cells designed to move in response to sound waves. Tinnitus often means there is damage to those hair cells, enough to keep them from sending electrical messages to the brain. These electrical messages is how the brain translates sound into something you can clearly comprehend like a car horn or person talking.
The current theory about tinnitus has to do with the silence or a lack of sound. The brain works hard to interpret sound through these messages, but when they don’t come, it is confusing. To compensate, your brain fills that that lack of sound with the ringing or buzzing noise of tinnitus.
The need for feedback from the ears does explain a few things related to tinnitus. For one, it tells you why that sound is a symptom of such a variety of illnesses that affect hearing from a mild ear infection to age-related hearing loss. It also explains why the volume goes up at night for some people.
Why Does Tinnitus Get Worse at Night?
Unless you are profoundly deaf, your ear picks up certain sounds all day long even if you do not realize it. The ears hear faint noises like music playing or the TV humming even if there is no comprehension of the sound. At the very least, you hear your own voice, but at night, it all stops.
Suddenly, all the sound disappears and the level of confusion in the brain rises in response. It only knows one thing to do when faced with total silence – create noise even if it’s not real.
In other words, tinnitus gets worse at night because it’s too quiet. Creating sound is the solution for those who can’t sleep because their ears are ringing.
How to Create Noise at Night
If you accept that tinnitus increases at night because there is no distracting noise to keep the brain busy, the answer is clear – create some. For some people suffering from tinnitus, all they need is a fan running in the background. Just the noise of the motor is enough to quiet the ringing.
There is also a device made to help those with tinnitus get to sleep. White noise machines simulate environmental sounds like rain or ocean waves. The soft noise soothes the tinnitus but isn’t distracting enough to keep you awake like leaving the TV on might do.
Can Anything Else Increase Tinnitus?
It’s important to keep in mind that the lack of sound is only one thing that can cause an upsurge in your tinnitus. It tends to get worse when you are under stress and certain medical problems can lead to a flare-up, too, like high blood pressure. If introducing sound into your nighttime routine doesn’t help or you feel dizzy when the ringing is active, it’s time to see the doctor.
Whooshing Noises Inside Head Symptoms, Causes & Statistics
7 causes of whooshing noises inside head
This list does not constitute medical advice and may not accurately represent what you have.
Possible Meniere’s Disease
Meniere’s disease is a disorder of the inner ear. It can cause severe dizziness, a roaring sound in the ears called tinnitus, hearing loss that comes and goes and the feeling of ear pressure or pain. Meniere’s commonly develops between the ages of 20 and 60, and most often starts in only one ear.
Top Symptoms: nausea, episodic dizziness, ringing in the ears, vertigo (extreme dizziness), ear fullness/pressure
Urgency: Primary care doctor
Non-urgent Tinnitus Needing Hearing Tests
Tinnitus is the medical term for ringing in the ears. Tinnitus is always a symptom of another disorder and is not a disease in itself.
Tinnitus occurs when nerves within the ear are damaged by prolonged exposure to loud noise or to certain drugs. The disrupted activity in the nerves causes them to overreact and produce the sounds known as tinnitus. When nerves are damaged enough to cause tinnitus, there will also be some degree of hearing loss.
Symptoms of tinnitus include a ringing, buzzing, or high-pitched whining sound within the ears. The hearing loss may or may not be noticed by the patient.
Tinnitus is not serious in itself, but can interfere with quality of life. There are treatments that can help with the discomfort it causes.
Diagnosis is made through physical examination and hearing tests.
Treatment involves use of a hearing aid, which can better conduct normal sounds across the damaged nerves of the ear; and treating any underlying conditions, such as high blood pressure.
Top Symptoms: ringing in the ears, ear pain
Symptoms that always occur with non-urgent tinnitus needing hearing tests: ringing in the ears
Symptoms that never occur with non-urgent tinnitus needing hearing tests: heartbeat sound in the ear, ear discharge, vertigo (extreme dizziness), face weakness, ear pain
Urgency: Primary care doctor
Cerebral Venous Thrombosis
Cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT,) or cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) refers to a blood clot in certain veins of the brain.
There are two layers of material that form the lining between the skull and the brain. The occasional open spaces, or sinuses, between these two layers have veins running through them to drain blood and spinal fluid from the brain.
Cerebral venous thrombosis means that a blood clot (thrombosis) has formed somewhere within the veins of these sinuses.
This condition is caused by a congenital malformation in the brain; pregnancy; use of oral contraceptives; meningitis; use of steroids; and trauma to the head.
Symptoms include headache; nausea and vomiting; mental confusion; changes in vision; difficulty walking, moving or speaking; seizures; and coma. CVT is a life-threatening medical emergency. Take the patient to the emergency room or call 9-1-1.
Diagnosis is made through physical examination; CT scan or MRI; blood tests; and sometimes a lumbar puncture (spinal tap.)
Treatment includes anticoagulant medication to destroy the clot, followed by any rehabilitation that may be needed.
Rarity: Ultra rare
Top Symptoms: fatigue, headache, nausea or vomiting, loss of appetite, being severely ill
Symptoms that always occur with cerebral venous thrombosis: being severely ill
Urgency: Emergency medical service
An acoustic neuroma is a benign (non-cancerous) growth or tumor that develops on the nerve that carries information about hearing and balance from the ear to the brain. This tumor, although it is not cancerous, can create pressure on the nerve leading to symptoms such as hearing loss, ringing in the ear, and loss of balance.
Rarity: Ultra rare
Top Symptoms: hearing loss, vertigo (extreme dizziness), hearing loss in both ears, heartbeat sound in the ear
Urgency: Primary care doctor
Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) happens when a bump, blow, jolt, or other head injury causes damage to the brain.
Top Symptoms: new headache, irritability, clear runny nose, vision changes, general numbness
Symptoms that always occur with traumatic brain injury: head injury
Urgency: Emergency medical service
Pseudotumor cerebri occurs when the pressure of the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) inside of your skull increases with no apparent cause. This cerebrospinal fluid covers the brain and spinal cord, protecting and cushioning them from injury. It is important to understand that pseudotum..
Inner Ear Infection (labyrinthitis)
An inner ear infection, also called labyrinthitis, affects the delicate bony structures deep within the ear.
Labyrinthitis usually follows a viral infection such as the common cold, influenza, mumps, or the measles. In rare cases, usually in young children, it can be caused by bacteria.
Risk factors include a middle ear infection; meningitis; or any autoimmune disorder.
Symptoms include vertigo, where the person feels that the world is spinning around them; nausea and vomiting; some loss of hearing; ear pain, sometimes with drainage from the ear canal; and ringing in the ears (tinnitus.)
Viral symptoms may at least partially resolve on their own, but treatment can rule out a more serious condition as well as address the pain and discomfort. Bacterial labyrinthitis is often more serious and can cause permanent hearing loss.
Diagnosis is made through patient history, physical examination, and sometimes a hearing test.
Treatment for viral labyrinthitis includes rest, fluids, and over-the-counter pain relievers. Antibiotics will be prescribed for bacterial labyrinthitis.
Top Symptoms: nausea, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, fever
Symptoms that always occur with inner ear infection (labyrinthitis): vertigo or imbalance
Urgency: Primary care doctor
What Is Tinnitus? – Symptoms – Diagnosis & Tests
Treatment will depend on what is causing your tinnitus. If earwax is causing your tinnitus, your doctor will remove it. If a medicine you’re taking is causing the issue, your doctor may recommend you stop taking that medicine. But never stop taking a prescription medicine without talking to your doctor first.
If an underlying condition, such as high blood pressure, is causing your tinnitus, your doctor can create a treatment plan for you to follow. Usually, tinnitus goes away once the condition that is causing it is treated.
When no specific cause can be identified, your doctor will probably focus on making your tinnitus easier to tolerate. Some possible methods include:
- Hearing aids: For people who have tinnitus and hearing loss, using a hearing aid may be helpful. When you wear a hearing aid, things you need to hear will be louder than the ringing, buzzing, or clicking sound.
- Sound generators (maskers): Wearable sound generators can be placed behind your ear and create white noise (constant background noise) or other sounds. This “masks” the tinnitus and makes it less noticeable. Some people also use bedside sound generators to help them sleep.
- Counseling: Some people who have tinnitus become anxious or depressed. If you have tinnitus and are struggling, seek help through a counselor and/or a support group to help you cope. Counseling can also be used to help you take the focus off your tinnitus.
- Tinnitus retraining therapy: This method uses a mix of counseling with maskers or other approaches. The goal is to teach your brain to ignore the sounds you hear. This isn’t a quick fix, but many people find it useful with time and practice.
- Relaxing: Stress can make tinnitus worse. Your doctor can suggest relaxation techniques that might help you deal with your anxiety, have been shown to relieve tinnitus for some people. Talk to your doctor about whether medicine might relieve your symptoms.
Buzzing in Ears – Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
The ear canal is lined with tiny hairs that sense movement and vibration conveyed to the brain as sound. Tinnitus occurs when these cells in your ear that respond to sound waves malfunction and transmit electrical impulses that your brain misinterprets as sound.
Buzzing in the ears can be idiopathic, which means that it has no known cause. Alternatively, it may result from various causes, including underlying ear infections, medications, foreign objects in the ear, allergies, high blood pressure, anemia, or Meniere’s disease (swelling in part of the inner ear canal, causing dizziness and hearing loss).
Common causes of buzzing in ears
Buzzing in the ears may result from a number of causes including:
Acoustic neuroma (benign tumor of the vestibulocochlear nerve)
Blood vessel disorders
Ear wax buildup
Eustachian tube obstruction
Exposure to loud noises
Meniere’s disease (swelling in part of the inner ear canal, causing dizziness and hearing loss)
Otosclerosis (hardening of the bones in the ear)
Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain
Medications that can cause buzzing in ears
Certain drugs may lead to buzzing in the ears as a side effect including:
- Antimalaria drugs
- Aspirin (high doses)
- Cancer medications
Serious or life-threatening causes of buzzing in ears
In rare cases, buzzing in the ears may be caused by serious or potentially life-threatening conditions including:
Questions for diagnosing the cause of buzzing in the ears
To diagnose your condition, your doctor or licensed health care practitioner will ask you several questions related to the buzzing in your ears including:
When did the buzzing start? How long have you had it?
Do you hear the buzzing in one or both ears?
Have you recently flown in an airplane, gone scuba diving, or done anything else that exposed you to sudden pressure changes?
Have you been exposed to loud noises, such as music, fireworks, or construction work?
Do you have any other symptoms?
What medications are you taking?
What are the potential complications of buzzing in ears?
Left untreated, buzzing in the ears can interfere with and potentially diminish your quality of life. The buzzing noise can disrupt sleep and work and cause you undue stress, anxiety and depression. In addition, buzzing in the ears may be a symptom of a serious condition, such as a head injury or a brain tumor, which may lead to serious, even life-threatening complications. Once the underlying cause of the buzzing is diagnosed, it is important to follow the treatment plan that you and your health care provider design specifically for you. Complications of untreated buzzing in the ears or its underlying causes, such as head trauma or blood vessel diseases, include:
- Brain damage
- Difficulty performing daily tasks
- Difficulty sleeping
- Mood changes, such as anxiety, depression and stress
- Spread of cancer
Spread of infection
Treating Tinnitus: Getting Rid of the Buzzing Sound
Characterized as a persistent buzzing, humming, or ringing in the ears, tinnitus is a problem that many people suffer from. Contrary to popular belief, tinnitus is usually a symptom of a deeper problem. While many forms of tinnitus cannot be cured, almost all of them can be alleviated. If you find yourself suffering from a lack of concentration, insomnia, and persistent noise in the ears, you might benefit from getting your tinnitus diagnosed and treated.
Why Are My Ears Ringing?
This is a loaded question, and it varies from person to person. However, the overarching answer is simple: tinnitus. Tinnitus is an umbrella term used to cover any and all noise in the ears. They might change in pitch, volume, and quality, but tinnitus includes all persistent sounds, including:
How you experience tinnitus might differ from someone else. You might hear a loud, high-pitched ringing, while someone else might hear a dull roar. While some find it easy to ignore, others struggle to hear past it. Your tinnitus might raise in volume, come and go, or change in pitch over time.
Regardless of how your tinnitus manifests, it can have a serious impact on your daily life.
Symptoms and Side Effects of Tinnitus
- Lack of focus. With the persistent ringing in your ears, you might find it difficult to settle down and focus on tasks, including work or school.
- Insomnia. Many of us need quiet while sleeping, and tinnitus can get in the way of that.
- Irritability. Lack of sleep and focus can lead to irritability, which might put strain on your conversations or relationships.
- Difficulty hearing. If the sound in your ears is particularly loud, you might have trouble hearing people through the noise.
- Memory problems. Tinnitus has been shown to affect memory, since the brain has to allocate resources to stay aware and make out sounds — leaving little room for remembering details.
- Social isolation. Conversations might become difficult if you have moderate to severe tinnitus. Instead of asking people to speak louder or repeat themselves, you might avoid social situations entirely.
- Losing enjoyment in music/sound. Music and television may be less enjoyable with the constant background noise in your ears.
- Anxiety and stress. When tinnitus begins to affect your life, it might lead to stress about work, relationships, and even general anxiety.
- Mental fatigue. When your brain has to strain to make out sound through noise, it leads to mental fatigue. Even if you aren’t actively trying to hear through the noise, you might feel excessively tired at the end of the day.
- Depression. Social isolation, anxiety, and other side effects of tinnitus can easily compound the issue and lead to depression. When it gets this far, it’s vital that you get your tinnitus treated.
What Causes Ringing in the Ears?
The causes of tinnitus are the real conditions, not tinnitus itself. In most cases, tinnitus manifests as a symptom of a deeper issue. This issue might involve general hearing loss, injuries, or even blockages in the ear canal.
Regardless of what’s causing your tinnitus, it’s important that you go in for a hearing test and checkup. This gives your doctor a chance to determine what type of tinnitus you are experiencing. There are two types:
- Objective Tinnitus: a very rare form of tinnitus. It’s characterized by a sound that your doctor can hear. When they examine your ear, they might find a blood vessel or muscle causing the noise in your ear.
- Subjective Tinnitus: this type of tinnitus is more common. When your doctor does an examination, they won’t be able to hear anything on their end. That’s because the sound is only audible to you. This type of tinnitus can be caused by many things, but most cases involve some kind of hearing damage.
As for what causes tinnitus, there are a number of possibilities. While some are more likely than others, tinnitus is a symptom of many conditions, including:
- Abnormal bone growth. If the small bones in the middle ear begin to grow abnormally, this can cause tinnitus and conductive hearing loss.
- Circulatory issues. As mentioned above, a damaged vein in the ear can cause a persistent ringing or humming.
- Medications. Certain medications have been known to cause tinnitus. In these cases, stopping or switching medications is recommended.
- Head injuries. Some people report tinnitus after car accidents or head injuries. While it may disappear over time, some people end up with tinnitus forever. Many of these cases only occur on one side of the head.
- TMJ. TMJ disorder, an issue with the temporomandibular joint, can lead to tinnitus in some people. If your tinnitus is caused by this, you might be referred to a specialist.
- Blockages. Blockages in the ear canal, usually caused by earwax, can be the root of tinnitus and conductive hearing loss. Once the blockage is removed, the problem goes away.
How to Stop Ringing in Ears
Depending on the cause of your tinnitus, the treatment may vary. However, before you seek treatment for anything, it’s important that you visit your doctor and receive a full aural checkup. This will include a physical examination and a hearing test, both of which will help your doctor narrow down the source of your tinnitus. If your tinnitus is objective, you might have a muscle or blood vessel that needs treatment. If it’s objective, you’ll need a hearing test to determine whether it’s caused by hearing loss.
Tinnitus caused by blockages, tumors, circulatory issues, muscle spasms, and medications can be solved using the obvious methods. Removing the blockages, treating circulatory and muscle issues, and switching medications. However, tinnitus caused by hearing-and-hearing-loss requires other solutions. Which one you choose is entirely up to you. Your experience with hearing loss is completely unique, and how you choose to approach it is your decision.
Your doctor or hearing care provider might give you suggestions on how to handle the issue. If your tinnitus is mild, it might only affect you during quiet moments. White noise makers can be bought online, and they provide background noise while you sleep, study, or relax. If you need a more constant coverage, tinnitus maskers can provide the dampening sound you need. If your tinnitus is drowned out by the sound of a running faucet, you’ll likely benefit from a white noise maker or noise in ear masker.
However, those with more severe cases of tinnitus might need other solutions. Tinnitus therapies exist to “retrain” your brain to ignore the hum of tinnitus, and some hearing aids come equipped with these programs. If your tinnitus is caused by hearing loss, hearing aids might solve more than one problem.
How Hearing Aids Help with Tinnitus
When dealing with sensorineural hearing loss and tinnitus, it’s important to remember that tinnitus is a symptom, not a condition in itself. While tinnitus might be the thing you notice, it’s just a part of the bigger problem. Wearing a masker or using a white noise maker will not make the root issue — hearing loss — go away.
While you might not notice hearing loss, it can affect your life more than you’re led to believe. Once that hearing loss is treated, you’ll be able to hear better, and your tinnitus will be alleviated. New natural sounds, like voices and music and birdsong, will replace the humming that you heard before. As mentioned above, many hearing aids also come equipped with tinnitus retraining programs, which give you the opportunity to target your tinnitus directly. Even if tinnitus is the core issue you want to solve, treating your hearing loss can kill two birds with one stone.
If you’re interested in learning more about tinnitus, hearing loss, and aural health, Signia provides in-depth articles on all of these topics and more, including hearing aids. The newsletter will keep you in the loop, and there’s a backlog of content already available. The more we learn about our ears, the better we can confront issues like tinnitus when they arise.
Tinnitus | Causes, Symptoms (Buzzing in Ears) and Treatment
What is tinnitus?
When you can hear sounds inside your head that are created by your hearing system, not your environment, the condition is known as tinnitus. It could be ringing, humming, pulsing or hissing. It is more prominent in quiet areas or at night. It usually has no particular cause but can be treated.
You can’t turn it off or move away from it, so it can be spectacularly annoying.
How bothersome tinnitus is varies vastly between different people or in the same person over time. It may be there a lot of the time, happen occasionally, or fluctuate between the two. It can involve one ear or both.
Tinnitus is a symptom rather than a disease.
Why do I have it?
There are a number of reasons for tinnitus. The most common situation is that it often comes as an unwanted ‘added extra’ when you develop age-related hearing loss. It may also occur as a consequence of exposure to loud noise, or from working in a noisy place for a long time. Sometimes it is a symptom of other medical conditions, such as Ménière’s disease, ear infections or inner ear conditions. Occasionally it’s caused by a build-up of wax in the ear (although usually this affects your hearing or you are aware of a blocked feeling in your ear rather than tinnitus). Sometimes there is no obvious reason.
Tinnitus is an abnormal noise (or noises) that you can hear. However, the noise does not come from outside your ear. The sorts of noises that people hear include:
- Machine-type noises.
- A pulse or beat which is at the same rate as your pulse.
Tinnitus can be either constant or come and go. It can vary in loudness and character from time to time. You can hear the noise or noises in one ear, or in both ears, or it may be difficult to pinpoint where the noise seems to come from.
The noise is often more prominent when you are in a quiet place. For example, when you are in bed and trying to get to sleep. It may also be more noticeable when you’re tired.
Some people with tinnitus are also more sensitive to normal everyday sounds. For example, some people with tinnitus find that a radio or TV is painfully loud when it is at a normal volume for most people.
For most people with tinnitus, nobody else can hear the noise. In one very uncommon type of tinnitus (objective tinnitus), the noise can be heard by another person listening very carefully. This is not the usual type of tinnitus and it is rare. It is usually due to a problem with blood or blood vessels, making them pulsate differently to usual.
If you have this condition, the tinnitus sounds like a pulse. It is usually due to a problem with the blood circulation (such as carotid stenosis, a narrowing of the carotid artery as it passes through the neck). This type of tinnitus can sometimes be heard by other people (that is, objective tinnitus). It beats in time with the pulse (synchronous). Sometimes you can develop a pulsatile tinnitus which is not in time with the pulse (non-synchronous). An example is palatal myoclonus, a condition in which the muscles of the palate go into spasm.
How common is tinnitus?
Tinnitus is common and can occur at any age. Most people have an occasional episode of tinnitus after going to a loud concert or disco. For most people, this is temporary and soon goes. As many as 1 in 10 people have persistent tinnitus that is mild and not very troublesome. However, about 1 in 100 people have tinnitus which persists most of the time, and severely affects their quality of life.
In many people with tinnitus, the cause is not known. Tinnitus often develops at the same time as the hearing loss of older age.
Tinnitus can be caused by age-related hearing loss, or by being exposed to a noise – like working in a loud factory or being in the armed forces. Often no particular cause is found. Very rarely it can be caused by anaemia, a thyroid problem, medications like aspirin, or a problem in your brain.
In many cases
What seems to happen is that signals are sent from the ear down the ear nerve to the hearing part of the brain. The brain interprets these signals as noise. It is not clear why these signals are sent from the ear. The noise may also originate somewhere else in the hearing nerve pathways in the brain.
In some cases
Sometimes the tinnitus is caused by another condition. For example:
- Tinnitus often develops at the same time as the hearing loss of older age.
- Ménière’s disease. In this condition you develop attacks of dizziness (vertigo), hearing loss and tinnitus. It is due to a problem of the cochlea – a snail-shaped chamber filled with fluid, in the inner ear.
- Exposure to very loud noise. Some people develop persistent tinnitus after being subjected to loud noise for a long time. For example, after years of working in a loud factory. Sometimes permanent tinnitus persists after a one-off loud noise experience. For example, following a rock concert.
- As an uncommon side-effect of some medicines. For example, aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and quinine.
- Following an ear or head injury.
- Wax blocking the ear.
- Some other ear disorders such as otosclerosis.
- Some uncommon diseases of blood vessels, brain or nerves can cause tinnitus. In these situations you are likely to have other symptoms or signs such as nerve weakness, etc. However, rarely, tinnitus may be the first symptom to develop.
- Tinnitus can sometimes be a feature of a lack of iron in the body (anaemia), thyroid disease or diabetes.
- An ear infection. The tinnitus tends to clear when the infection clears.
- Psychological factors may have a role to play. For example, mild tinnitus that is not bothersome may become more bothersome if you become depressed, anxious or stressed.
Tinnitus in one ear
A tumour called an acoustic neuroma occasionally causes tinnitus; this is usually persistent and in one ear only. If you get the noise only in one ear, it is particularly important that you consult a doctor, so this can be ruled out.
How is tinnitus diagnosed?
- There is no definitive test for tinnitus: the diagnosis is based on what you experience.
- Your doctor may organise a hearing test.
- Occasionally a specialist ear doctor may do a brain scan.
When you go to see the doctor, first they will have some questions to help them understand your tinnitus better, and to help them find the cause of it, if there is one. The doctor will usually examine your ears and the nerves around your face and ears.
A hearing test is usually done. In the common type of hearing test, sounds of varying frequency are played to you through headphones. You press a button when you hear a sound. This results in a graph being produced which shows if you have any hearing loss and, if so, which type of hearing loss. Along with the hearing test, you will often have tympanometry, which is a test of the eardrum and the bones of the middle of your ear. A probe is placed in your ear (which feels much like when the doctor looks inside your ear), a tone is produced and the pressures changed in your ear. The response is then measured.
An underlying ear problem can usually be ruled out by this examination and hearing test.
Further tests such as a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan of the inside of your ear, and sometimes your head and neck, are done in a few cases, although this is not necessary for most people with tinnitus. In some cases, a blood test may be done. This might be to test to check that you don’t have a problem with your thyroid gland, anaemia or diabetes if any of these are suspected.
In most cases there is no easy cure. Some people are helped by understanding the problem and knowing that they do not have a serious underlying condition. You may be offered a session with a healthcare professional where your condition is discussed (tinnitus support).
There are no good medications for tinnitus but many things can help (see below).
Is there a tinnitus cure?
In a small number of cases there is an underlying cause which may be corrected. For example, if a side-effect of a medicine that you are taking is causing tinnitus then a change of medication may cure the problem. If earwax or an ear infection is the cause then again, once this is cleared, the tinnitus settles.
Antidepressant medicines called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) have helped people in whom the tinnitus causes anxiety and/or depression. SSRIs have been tried for tinnitus in people without anxiety and depression but studies suggest they are not effective.
In most cases there is no easy cure. Some people are helped by understanding the problem and knowing that they do not have a serious underlying condition. With time, the tinnitus may become less of a problem as you adjust to it. In addition, the following often help.
If possible, avoid being in quiet or silent rooms. You are more likely to focus on the tinnitus and be distressed by it if there is nothing else to listen to. Other more pleasant sounds can be distracting and help to make the tinnitus less noticeable. This is sometimes called sound therapy. For example, listen to the radio, TV, or stereo. Perhaps leave a window open so outside sounds are more evident. Some people wear a sound generator, although research studies suggest they are not very helpful. It looks similar to a hearing aid but makes a pleasant sound which helps to mask the unpleasant tinnitus noise. Some people use CD or MP3 players to listen to pleasant sounds.
Tinnitus is often most noticeable when you are quiet and trying to get off to sleep. If you play a radio or stereo it can help to mask the tinnitus noise until you drop off to sleep. (One with a timer is best so it switches itself off when you are asleep.) Some people connect a radio or stereo to special pillow speakers which go under the pillow. This enables them to listen to the music or radio without anyone else being disturbed. Some specially designed pillows have speakers actually inside the pillow itself which you connect to your radio or stereo.
If you find getting off to sleep a problem, see the separate leaflet called Insomnia (Poor Sleep) for more details.
If you have any deafness, even just a slight hearing loss, a hearing aid may help. The aid boosts normal sounds which you may not otherwise hear. These may override the tinnitus noise.
Stress anxiety and depression
Some people become anxious or stressed by tinnitus. This can make things worse. You may benefit from learning ways to relax and to combat stress. There are other leaflets in this series which offer advice on easing stress and anxiety. If you become particularly anxious or become depressed it is best to see a doctor for advice on treatment.
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a brain-training psychological therapy which may also help you deal with the effect tinnitus has on you.
Are there specialist tinnitus clinics?
Some ear departments have specialist tinnitus clinics. These offer such things as counselling, advice on sound therapy, relaxation techniques and other advice on ways to cope with living with tinnitus.
Tinnitus retraining therapy (TRT) has been used in the past, but recent research suggests it is not very helpful. It has largely been replaced by CBT.
What is the outlook?
Many people with tinnitus improve, with or without any treatment. Between 2 and 5 out of every 10 people with tinnitus improve within five years. Even if it does not go completely, it can become less severe or less frequent. How troublesome tinnitus is tends to go up and down.
For some people, tinnitus is just a little annoying. On the other end of the scale, for others it can really reduce their enjoyment of life. It may:
90,000 Noise in the head of the elderly, causes, treatment
Noise in the head of an elderly person is not only a consequence of age-related changes, but also a sign of a disease that can be dangerous to the patient’s life. The presence of hissing sounds in the ears is very uncomfortable, causing headaches and impairing general well-being.
To eliminate the unpleasant symptom, it is necessary to establish the cause of the buzzing in the head. Only a qualified doctor can differentiate the disease by conducting a complete examination of the patient.The importance of correct therapeutic actions is beyond doubt, the noise hum will become stronger, accompanying symptoms will begin to appear brighter, and the disease will pass into a severe stage.
Why makes noise in the head of older people
Noise can appear as a result of professional activity or due to acquired pathologies. The intensity depends on the duration of the disease and the severity. Noise in the head of older people is more likely to join for several reasons, which over the years are superimposed one on one.
Causes of noise with age:
- Employees of organizations whose activities involve being in rooms with constant loud noises can get an occupational ailment called hearing loss. Changes in the structure of the ear are irreversible and cannot be treated; only support with a hearing aid is possible.
- Sulfur plug can cause hissing sounds.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system:
- High blood pressure is accompanied by noise phenomena that warn of an impending hypertensive crisis;
- The emergence of atherosclerosis in violation of lipid and protein metabolism changes the structure of the walls of blood vessels, which provokes the appearance of a hum;
- Hypoxia of the cerebral vessels, a pre-stroke condition, causes a disturbance of cerebral circulation, leading to the appearance of a buzzing;
- Destructive changes in the spinal column in the cervical spine compresses the artery.
- Neurological problems:
- A mental illness called senile dementia with vascular changes;
- Tumor growth in the ear cavity.
- Inflammatory processes in the middle ear, covering the eardrum or Eustachian tube with impaired free flow of fluid and bony growths that close the ear canal.
- Cochleitis is a serious illness that causes a lot of trouble for a sick person, including the appearance of this symptom.
- Otosclerosis – when the growth of bone tissue, which interferes with the outflow of fluid in the middle ear.
- Older people take a large number of pharmaceuticals that can cause side effects.
- Endocrine pathologies have a history of extraneous sounds: diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism.
- Neoplasms in the brain have a crushing effect on important centers in the brain.
- Injuries to the skull of a traumatic nature.
What is the noise in the head
A specific symptom is felt by one in five people over fifty-five years old. In medical terminology, noise in the head is referred to as tinnitus. The causes of noise in the head of older people affect the degree and nature of the noise. Tinnitus can be different: hissing, ringing, gurgling, whistling.
The noise can last for different times:
- If the duration of the noise sensation does not exceed three months, it is called acute;
- Hissing sounds that do not last more than 90 days, but less than one year – mild tinnitus;
- Chronic course accompanies the patient for more than one year.
Sounds in the head can be heard at different loudness levels:
- At the first degree, an elderly person feels an extraneous hiss, but not much, there is addiction and special discomfort is not felt;
- The second degree is characterized by pronounced sounding, insomnia appears due to the nocturnal manifestation of the symptom;
- The buzzing is regular, the sound in the head is loud and annoying;
- The fourth degree is the most severe, a person experiences severe suffering, the phase of sleep and wakefulness is disturbed, the general state is suppressed.
The sensation of constant noise in the head can lead to the development of a mental state that negatively affects the quality of life. A compensated state is observed with mild manifestations, when a person is able to independently adapt to this symptom.
Severe degrees of development deplorably affect the patient’s condition: chronic fatigue, headache, sleep disturbance. Often there are mental disorders with tearfulness and irritability.Only a doctor can help such patients.
Treatment of noise in the head is complex, including the use of pharmaceuticals and traditional medicine recipes. The choice of the drug, dosage and treatment regimen should be dealt with by the attending physician.
Medical treatment consists in eliminating not only the symptom, but also the pathology itself. After an accurate diagnosis is made, it will be clear how to treat the disease.One of the most popular remedies: Vinpocetine, which helps to strengthen the structure of the blood vessels in the brain and normalize blood circulation.
Vitamins of group B will help to provide optimal nutrition of brain tissues. Nootropil and Rumalon will have a calming and analgesic effect. Taking drugs with Omega-3 has a beneficial effect on blood vessels and normalizes blood pressure.
Treatment of each specific disease is carried out with appropriate drugs, since the rumble in the ears will not disappear without eliminating the pathology.
Additional ways to get rid of pathology give a positive effect:
- Exposure to ultrasound;
- Heating by means of infrared rays;
- Ultraviolet irradiation;
- Thermal exposure to a mercury-quartz lamp;
- Treatment with electric current of high frequency (diametry).
All procedures are carried out under the supervision of a doctor, strictly following the instructions and recommendations.
- Orthopedic products, which improve the blood supply of the brain with oxygen and nutrients, help in getting rid of a negative symptom. Such devices include:
- Orthopedic pillows and mattresses to promote correct body position for optimal rest at night;
- The Shants collar provides unloading of the cervical vertebrae during work.
- The use of medicinal leeches helps to normalize blood pressure and reduce vascular wall tension.
- Acupuncture and acupuncture massage, which can be done at home, will relieve:
- Press the nasolabial fold with the second finger for ten seconds;
- Apply pressure to the point between the eyebrows for five seconds, bring to seven repetitions with short breaks;
- Massage the outer edge of the auricle.
The hum in the head will decrease or disappear altogether only with complex treatment.It is important to remember that no matter what method of treatment is chosen by a person, each action must be coordinated with the doctor who is seeing the patient.
Walls that scream: why sounds in an apartment can harm us
Walls that scream: why sounds in an apartment can harm us
Walls who scream: why sounds in an apartment can harm us
Swearing from neighbors behind the wall, the roar of cars outside the window, the ticking of a clock on a curbstone are traditional sound stimuli in city apartments. However, some noises … Real Estate RIA Novosti, 04/26/2019
practical advice – ria real estate
/ html / head / meta [@ name = ‘og: title’] / @ content
/ html / head / meta [@ name = ‘og: description’] / @ content
Swearing from neighbors behind the wall, the roar of car engines outside the window, the ticking of a clock on a pedestal are traditional sound stimuli in city apartments. However, some noises go beyond our perception and at the same time have a much more destructive effect on our health. The site “RIA Real Estate” turned to experts for help to find out what sounds we really need to be afraid of and why we need to strive for absolute silence. Invisible Enemy City residents live all day in noise: cars and the subway, loud equipment, rearranging furniture at neighbors and repairing the road under the window. Even a slight noise with regular exposure will negatively affect the psyche, hearing, and the nervous system. And if the sounds are loud, even the cardiovascular or hormonal systems may suffer, says Sergey Sysoev, head of the department of independent environmental expertise of EcoStandard group. Singer and voice coach Nina Vedenina-Meerson agrees with the expert, adding that to the sounds that endanger health of our body and nervous system, include the hum of an elevator, construction noises, the sounds of cars, the noise of household appliances (such as a refrigerator or washing machine), “ticking” of bulbs, dripping water, whistling / howling of wind through the cracks.However, the interlocutor of the agency draws attention to the fact that if the same water just flows, it will have a wonderful effect on us. “Natural sounds are good for us soothing. Our psyche responds to them with peace of mind. But if only they are not prohibitively loud,” – she explains. In turn, Sysoev, among the harmful and even dangerous noises, distinguishes infrasound and night noise. “Infrasound is low frequencies up to 16 Hz, indistinguishable to human hearing, but negatively affecting health. Infrasound can be felt as vibration in the air, similar to a hum, but excess can only be detected using special equipment,” the expert explains.Infrasound comes from engineering equipment, power lines and even from busy highways, but it can also occur in natural environments, for example, during wind erosion of rocks and stones. According to the agency’s interlocutor, exceeding the permissible level of infrasound can cause a person to feel nausea, dizziness, headache. and a growing sense of fear that escalates into panic. Regular exposure to infrasound can lead to changes in blood pressure and heart rate, disruption of the vestibular functions of the brain, and even disruption of the gastrointestinal tract.People over 50 are especially susceptible to the effects of infrasound. The first effects of exposure to nighttime noise are sleep disturbance and irritability. Noise at night can also lead to high blood pressure, even if the person does not wake up, he notes. Secret knowledge about noise Irritants and harmonious sounds are universal for everyone, when it comes to people with a healthy psyche, draws attention to Nina Vedenina-Meerson. So, the murmur of water, the light chirping of birds (just light!), The noise of foliage, rain, various music, calm speech, the purr of a cat has a beneficial effect on humans.Whereas aggressive screams and growling music from behind the wall will be annoying. However, there is an important caveat. “If the psyche is shattered, anything annoys. If everything is in order, we can pass almost any sound deaf. And here is a dangerous thing: with our ears (brain) we pass sound, but the body feels negative vibrations that harm us. However,” , we can hide from external stimuli, but there is one from which we cannot escape, and it has the most direct influence on us – this is our voice, “explains the voice trainer.In this case, the voice coach recommends monitoring your sound and trying to keep your voice even, not spasmodic, but not monotonous and boring. He should be soft, at the same time confident and short. Speech should not be fast and with soft drawn-out endings, intoning up, not down – then it will be benevolent and not destructive. Not everything is so simple and with harsh, aggressive sounds. For example, in the form of noise, that is, random sound vibrations, like a neighbor’s swearing behind a wall, they cause discomfort.But in the form of music, even the most “harsh”, they can be liked. “Shut up” the source To the question “Is it necessary, in principle, to strive for maximum silence in the apartment?” experts answer unequivocally “yes”. However, you can deal with noise in different ways. If the source of the noise is quite specific and understandable, then you should try to eliminate it. It is important to remember here that technogenic and social sources of noise are standardized in different ways, referring to different sections of the legislation, Sysoev notes. “Man-made noise from equipment, vehicles or construction sites is regulated by sanitary and hygienic standards. Loud behavior of neighbors, singing, crying children, barking dogs, music and other similar sounds, in turn, are regulated by administrative rules. In practice, this means that in the first case, it is necessary to call environmental specialists to conduct an acoustic examination, and in the second case, law enforcement agencies. Dealing with loud neighbors and drunken screams under the window is the duty of the district police officer, not environmentalists, “the agency’s interlocutor argues. The easiest way is to deal with the sources of unpleasant sound inside the apartment, which are often household appliances and lamps.They can either be replaced, or adjusted, or completely abandoned if possible. Shield and barrier If the source of external noise cannot be eliminated or corrected, then you need to protect yourself as much as possible from sound waves, reducing their penetration into the apartment to a minimum. So, when considering windows as a way to protect against street noise, the expert advises to pay attention to several important parameters. First, the correct double-glazed window must include soundproofed triplex glass. It consists of two layers of glass and a PVB film (polyvinyl butyral film) between them.Triplex glass can more than double the level of noise penetration, Zayonchkovsky notes. Secondly, the thickness of the glasses in the profile should be different. The fact is that glasses of different thickness resonate at different frequencies, so that when sound waves pass through them, there is no summation of resonances and doubling of resonance noise, whereas in the case of two or three glasses of the same thickness, resonances add up and the “noise” of the window is significant increases. Thirdly, it is better to choose glass of increased thickness (optimally 5-6 mm), since the thicker the glass, the more rigid the acoustic membrane it is and the more difficult it is for the sound wave to drive it into resonance.As for the material of the profile itself, the Ekookon expert notes its advantages both for PVC profiles and for wooden profile systems. However, at the same time, he clarifies that in reality the degree of noise protection is much more than the material of the profile (PVC or wood), influenced by the quality and quantity of sealing contours, which prevent the direct passage of the sound wave. “Let us recall the old Soviet wooden frames, where the seals and the tightness of the sash porch were not a class, and along with them there was no decent sound insulation,” says Zayonchkovsky.Voluntary “deafness” The noise in the apartment itself can be divided into at least two types – airborne, propagating through the air, and structural, propagating through the structure of the house, notes Nikolai Efimenko, commercial director of the EchoKor project. Protecting yourself from noise in urban housing is not easy and definitely not cheap. Real soundproofing solutions include building additional partitions decoupled from walls, ceilings and floors. That is, this is the construction of an isolated room in an existing room.Other solutions that do not cover the entire perimeter of the room are ineffective, emphasizes the agency’s interlocutor, while he draws attention to the fact that both sound insulation and sound absorption are needed for an apartment. “First, we need to resolve the issue of sound insulation, even at the stage of construction and repair, and then think about sound absorption, that is, about acoustic comfort,” explains Efimenko. But often apartment owners realize the need for soundproofing at the stage when the renovation is done. Then architectural acoustics comes to the rescue, namely, special sound-absorbing decorative panels, from which the sound will not repel, as from hard surfaces.For example, whole panels or design compositions can be assembled from the EchoKor panels, Efimenko points out. Sound-absorbing panels, according to the expert, can reduce the background noise level, promote speech intelligibility and at the same time decorate the apartment, which, of course, in the complex will have a positive effect on the condition To summarize, experts emphasize that it is impossible to make an apartment as quiet as in a submarine just by installing glass or installing sound-absorbing panels.”The complete (or almost complete) insulation of an apartment from external noise depends on a combination of a number of factors. In addition to the design of the windows, the material of the walls of the building also plays an important role,” says an expert at Ekookon. He explains that the transmission of sound depends on the ability of sound waves to “rock” the obstacle. Hence, the conclusion is obvious that it is more difficult to swing a heavier and more rigid material: a brick wall will better protect against sound than the walls of a frame house. This is on the one hand. On the other hand, having penetrated into the material, the sound wave behaves differently.Dense, homogeneous materials conduct sound much better than porous or fibrous structures. In addition, the degree of sound insulation is highly dependent on the frequency of the sound, and different materials behave differently. In other words, some are better at withstanding high-frequency noise, others with low-frequency noise, explains Zayonchkovsky. So here we need a comprehensive expert assessment of each specific building and the situation in a separate apartment. In particular, the quality of sound insulation is checked: when new buildings are put into operation, when noise insulation is violated during renovation work, as well as when residents are suspected of non-compliance with sound insulation standards from neighbors from above, Sysoev from EcoStandard group points out.In this case, in order to conduct acoustic studies, the neighbor from above should not be against checking and agree to let metering specialists into his apartment. Of course, he has every right not to do this, but this does not prevent the neighbor from below from applying for an examination only on the basis of his suspicions.
Real estate RIA Novosti
internet-group @ rian.ru
7 495 645-6601
FSUE MIA “Russia Today”
Real estate RIA Novosti
internet-group @ rian. ru
7 495 645-6601
FSUE MIA “Russia Today”
https: // realty. ria.ru/docs/about/copyright.html
https: // xn – c1acbl2abdlkab1og.xn – p1ai /
Real estate RIA Novosti
7 495 645-6601
FSUE MIA “Russia Today”
https: //xn--c1acbl2abdlkab1og.xn--p1ai/ awards /
Real estate RIA Novosti
internet20002 Real estate RIA Novosti
FSUE MIA “Russia Today”
https: // xn – c1acbl2abdlkab1og.xn – p1ai / awards /
Real estate RIA Novosti
7 495 645-6601
FSUE MIA “Russia Today”
https: //xn--c1acbl2abdlkab1og.xn-- p1ai / awards /
advice, apartment, housing, useful, practical advice – Ria real estate
Swearing neighbors behind the wall, the roar of cars outside the window, the ticking of a clock on a curbstone are traditional sound stimuli in city apartments. However, some noises go beyond our perception and at the same time have a much more destructive effect on our health.The site “RIA Real Estate” turned to experts for help to find out what sounds we really need to be afraid of and why we need to strive for absolute silence.
Residents of the city live all day in noise: cars and the subway, loud equipment, rearranging furniture at neighbors and repairing the road under the window. Even a slight noise with regular exposure will negatively affect the psyche, hearing, and the nervous system. And if the sounds are loud, then even the cardiovascular or hormonal systems may suffer, says Sergey Sysoev, head of the department of independent environmental expertise of EcoStandard group.
Singer and voice coach Nina Vedenina-Meerson agrees with the expert, adding that the sounds that endanger the health of our body and the nervous system include the hum of an elevator, construction noises, the sounds of cars, the noise of household appliances (like a refrigerator or washing machine ), “ticking” of bulbs, dripping water, whistling / howling of wind through the cracks. However, the interlocutor of the agency draws attention to the fact that if the same water just flows, it will have a wonderful effect on us.”Natural sounds are good for us soothing. Our psyche responds to them with peace of mind. But if only they are not prohibitively loud,” – she explains.
October 1, 2018, 12:07
Don’t stomp like elephants! How to protect your apartment from unnecessary noise Neighbors stomp, drop things on the floor and listen to loud music, and their children scream and run loudly right overhead. All these problems are well known to almost any resident of an apartment building. The site “RIA Real Estate” decided to talk about how you can solve the issue of soundproofing in an apartment.
In turn, Sysoev, among the harmful and even dangerous noises, distinguishes infrasound and night noise.
“Infrasound is low frequencies up to 16 Hz, indistinguishable to human hearing, but negatively affecting health. Infrasound can be felt as vibration in the air, similar to a hum, but excess can only be detected using special equipment,” the expert explains. Infrasound comes from engineering equipment, power lines and even from busy highways, but it can also occur in natural environments, for example, during wind erosion of rocks and stones.
According to the interlocutor of the agency, exceeding the permissible level of infrasound can cause a person to feel nausea, dizziness, headache and a growing feeling of fear, which turns into panic. Regular exposure to infrasound can lead to changes in blood pressure and heart rate, disruption of the vestibular functions of the brain, and even disruption of the gastrointestinal tract. People over 50 are especially susceptible to the effects of infrasound.
“As for the noises at night, their harm is caused by the natural property of a person to react more strongly to sounds at night.Allowed noise levels for day and night differ for a reason – at night and with closed eyes, hearing is sharpened in comparison with wakefulness. That is why at night we are more likely to wake up sharply from a sound that would seem less loud to us during the day, “Sysoev says.
Head of the Department of Independent Environmental Expertise EcoStandard group
The first consequences of exposure to night noise are sleep disturbance and irritability. noise can also lead to high blood pressure, even if the person does not wake up, he notes.
Secret knowledge about noise
Irritants and harmonious sounds are universal for everyone, when it comes to people with a healthy psyche, draws attention to Nina Vedenina-Meerson.
So, the murmur of water, the light chirping of birds (just light!), The noise of foliage, rain, various music, calm speech, the purr of a cat has a beneficial effect on humans. Whereas aggressive screams and growling music from behind the wall will be annoying.
However, there is an important nuance.”If the psyche is shattered, anything annoys. If everything is in order, we can pass almost any sound deaf. And here is a dangerous thing: with our ears (brain) we pass sound, but the body feels negative vibrations that harm us. However,” , we can hide from external stimuli, but there is one from which we cannot escape, and it has the most direct influence on us – this is our voice, “explains the voice trainer.
“How does the voice affect us? Being in the same living / working space with a person who does not correctly command his voice is detrimental to our psyche and health.After all, these are the same vibrations. For example, in female voices, squeak, squeak, squeal, choking, aggressive rudeness often prevail. With such a voice, they usually press, scold, whine, swear, in general, push them away, “Vedenina-Meerson says.
Singer, voice coach
so that the voice is even, not spasmodic, but not monotonous and boring. It should be soft, at the same time confident and low.Speech should not be fast and with soft drawling endings, intoning upwards, not downwards – then it will be benevolent and not destructive.
Not everything is so simple and with harsh, aggressive sounds. For example, in the form of noise, that is, random sound vibrations, like a neighbor’s swearing behind a wall, they cause discomfort. But in the form of music, even the most “harsh”, they can be liked.
“The fact is that the neighbors are screaming with natural aggression, and we listen, no matter how someone kills whom.Music, however, is, first of all, the arrangement with musical instruments. We understand that this is an artificially created aggression, that is, in this case, it is such an art – to aggro. Therefore, if the decibels are within the normal range, and we will be comfortable, “explains Vedenina-Meerson.
Singer, voice coach silence in the apartment? “The experts unequivocally answer” yes “.However, you can deal with noise in different ways.
If the source of the noise is quite specific and understandable, then you need to try to eliminate it. It is important to remember here that technogenic and social sources of noise are standardized in different ways, referring to different sections of the legislation, Sysoev notes.
“Technogenic noise from equipment, vehicles or construction sites is regulated by sanitary and hygienic standards. Loud behavior of neighbors, singing, crying children, barking dogs, music and other similar sounds, in turn, are regulated by administrative regulations.In practice, this means that in the first case, it is necessary to call environmental specialists to conduct an acoustic examination, and in the second case, law enforcement agencies. Dealing with loud neighbors and drunken screams under the window is the duty of the district police officer, not environmentalists, “the agency’s interlocutor argues.
The easiest way to deal with the sources of unpleasant sound inside the apartment, which are often household appliances and lamps. They can either be replaced or adjusted , or completely abandon them if possible.
Shield and barrier
If the source of external noise cannot be eliminated or corrected, then you need to protect yourself as much as possible from sound waves, reducing their penetration into the apartment to a minimum.
It is important to note here that noise protection consists of two different physical concepts: “sound insulation” and “sound absorption”. “Sound insulation is a decrease in the level of sound pressure when a sound wave passes through a material. Sound absorption is a decrease in the energy of a reflected sound wave when it interacts with an obstacle.Both parameters are very important for the final overall feeling of noise protection, “explains Ilya Zayonchkovsky, a technical specialist of the Ecookna group of companies. pay attention to several important parameters: First, the correct insulating glass unit must include soundproof triplex glass, which consists of two layers of glass and a PVB film (polyvinyl butyral film) between them.Triplex glass can more than double the level of noise penetration, Zayonchkovsky notes.
Secondly, the thickness of the glass in the profile must be different. The fact is that glasses of different thickness resonate at different frequencies, so that when sound waves pass through them, there is no summation of resonances and doubling of resonance noise, whereas in the case of two or three glasses of the same thickness, resonances add up and the “noise” of the window is significant increases.
Thirdly, it is better to choose glass of increased thickness (optimally 5-6 mm), since the thicker the glass, the more rigid the acoustic membrane it is and the more difficult it is for the sound wave to drive it into resonance.
November 10, 2017, 13:53
Window on the road: how to live comfortably in an apartment with windows on the highway Noise, dust, annoying light – all this will be provided to the owners of apartments with windows overlooking the highway. However, this does not mean at all that life in such premises will be uncomfortable. The experts told the readers of the RIA Real Estate website about the technologies that come to the rescue in this case.
As for the material of the profile itself, the Ekookon expert notes its advantages in both PVC profiles and wooden profile systems.However, at the same time, he clarifies that in reality the degree of noise protection is much more than the material of the profile (PVC or wood), influenced by the quality and quantity of sealing contours, which prevent the direct passage of the sound wave. “Let us recall the old Soviet wooden frames, where the seals and the tightness of the sash porch were not a class, and along with them there was no decent sound insulation,” says Zayonchkovsky.
Noise in the apartment itself can be divided into at least two types – airborne, propagating through the air, and structural, propagating through the structure of the house, says Nikolay Efimenko, commercial director of the EchoKor project.
Protecting yourself from noise in urban housing is not easy and definitely not cheap. Real soundproofing solutions include building additional partitions decoupled from walls, ceilings and floors. That is, this is the construction of an isolated room in an existing room. Other solutions that do not cover the entire perimeter of the premises are ineffective, the agency’s interlocutor emphasizes.
At the same time, he draws attention to the fact that both sound insulation and sound absorption are needed for an apartment. “First, we need to resolve the issue of sound insulation, even at the stage of construction and repair, and then think about sound absorption, that is, about acoustic comfort,” explains Efimenko.
But often apartment owners realize the need for sound insulation at the stage when the renovation is done. Then architectural acoustics comes to the rescue, namely, special sound-absorbing decorative panels, from which the sound will not repel, as from hard surfaces. For example, whole panels or design compositions can be assembled from the EchoKor panels, Efimenko points out.
Sound-absorbing panels, according to the expert, can reduce the level of background noise, promote speech intelligibility and at the same time decorate the apartment, which, of course, in the complex will have a positive effect on the state of the nervous system of the household.
Of course, it is extremely difficult to independently choose the optimal sound insulation or sound absorption system for a particular apartment. In this matter, it is better to contact specialists. For these purposes, you can visit specialized exhibitions. So, from 15 to 19 May in Moscow in the Central Exhibition Hall “Manezh” (Manezhnaya Square, 1) will be held an international exhibition of architecture and design “ARCH Moscow”, where you can talk with architects, designers and engineers.
Silence is a thin thing
Summing up, experts emphasize that it will not be possible to make an apartment as quiet as in a submarine just by installing glass or installing sound-absorbing panels.
“Complete (or almost complete) insulation of an apartment from external noise depends on a combination of a number of factors. In addition to the design of the windows, the material of the walls of the building also plays an important role,” says the Ekookon expert.
He explains that the transmission of sound depends on the ability of the sound wave to “rock” the obstacle. Hence, the conclusion is obvious that it is more difficult to swing a heavier and more rigid material: a brick wall will better protect against sound than the walls of a frame house. This is on the one hand.On the other hand, having penetrated into the material, the sound wave behaves differently. Dense, homogeneous materials conduct sound much better than porous or fibrous structures. In addition, the degree of sound insulation is highly dependent on the frequency of the sound, and different materials behave differently. In other words, some are better at withstanding high-frequency noise, others with low-frequency noise, explains Zayonchkovsky.
So here we need a comprehensive expert assessment of each specific building and the situation in an individual apartment.In particular, the quality of sound insulation is checked: when new buildings are put into operation, when noise insulation is violated during renovation work, as well as when residents are suspected of non-compliance with sound insulation standards from neighbors from above, Sysoev from EcoStandard group points out.
“Sometimes during repairs, residents decide to add heights to the ceilings in an apartment due to what they think are” extra “layers of the floor – with sand or sawdust. Indeed, removing them, you can win 10-20 cm, but in this case, the floor covering is laid directly on concrete, without any sound-absorbing layers.Each step on such a floor will be clearly and loudly heard by the neighbors below, “Sysoev gives an example.
Head of the Department of Independent Environmental Expertise EcoStandard group
Of course, he has every right not to do this, but this does not prevent the neighbor from below from applying for an examination only on the basis of his suspicions.
Noise in the head causes and treatment in Omsk
Whatever the reasons for the noise in the head, this condition causes a lot of anxiety in a person, worsening the quality of life and depriving a person of good rest and working capacity.
Noise in the head, each person faced with this state, feels and characterizes it differently, describing it as a ringing or a dull noise that bothers a person constantly, periodically, or very rarely, without causing much concern.
Causes of noise in the head
The causes of noise in the head can be very different:
- Severe fatigue.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Disorders of the functioning of the vestibular apparatus.
- Cerebral circulation disorders.
- Age-related changes in the state of the hearing organs.
- Long-term use of certain medications.
In addition, diseases such as osteochondrosis, hypotension, vegetative-vascular dystonia, stroke, meningitis, benign brain tumor, disorders in the cervical spine, as well as many other diseases, such as head injuries, can be the reasons.
Treatment of noise in the head
Treatment of this pathological condition directly depends on the results of diagnosis. At the appearance of the slightest deterioration in the condition, as well as various noises in the head, an appeal to a doctor should be immediate.
Treatment is selected only when the diagnosis is accurately made, since noise in the head is a symptom, and not an independent disease. Depending on what kind of disease leads to the development of this state of concern to the patient, a treatment tactic is selected, which may consist of taking medications, massages, lifestyle changes, diet, as well as other methods of therapeutic influence, the combination of which will give the desired effect.
For a number of reasons, an appeal to a neurologist is required, following whose prescriptions will also speed up the process of getting rid of the noise in the head, and, as a rule, will accelerate the cure or a noticeable decrease in the manifestations of the underlying disease that causes this pathological condition.
It is always easier to prevent any health problem than to try to get rid of it when it has already appeared. Prevention of the appearance of noise in the head – a sensitive attitude to one’s health and timely seeking medical help.
90,000 conspiracy theories and possible explanations / Audiomania’s blog / Habr
Imagine that you begin to notice a barely audible rumble. It’s just annoying at first, but very quickly it makes you feel like your brain is being squeezed in a vise. The neighbors around the house do not hear anything suspicious and are sleeping peacefully, but you understand that in the morning you are already going to go to the doctors, doubting either your own health or your own sanity.
On the way to the hospital, the hum disappears. The ENT says that your hearing is fine and there is no reason to worry. You go to an appointment with a psychiatrist, he also does not find something suspicious.
However, when you return home, you realize that the strange rumble has not disappeared.
Photo @chairulfajar_ / Unsplash
The hum is driving you crazy again, preventing you from sleeping, living, working normally. And this is not a retelling of one of the episodes of the “Twilight Zone”, but a reality for many inhabitants of the planet.The phenomenon was named “The Hum” (literally – Hum), and was observed in many parts of the world for completely different reasons not fully understood by science. In this article, we will tell you about its history, the most absurd conspiracy theories associated with it, and the likely scientific explanations.
From Bristol to Windsor
The first cases of the appearance of noises of undetermined origin were recorded as early as the 19th century. But the modern history of this phenomenon began in the 1970s, when some of the inhabitants of the British city of Bristol began to notice a low-frequency rumble.Over time, the number of “witnesses to the hum” increased, and the situation attracted the attention of journalists.
After the Sunday Mirror published an article on the phenomenon, they received over 700 letters confirming the phenomenon. They all described a diesel-like sound that is heard mostly at home. For many of them, this sound was a hindrance to their normal life. In 1977, scientists came to the conclusion that this sound is quite real and not a product of the imagination.But even created in 1980 by the state. the commission was unable to identify its source. The noise comes and goes – and the people of Bristol still complain.
Photo Leo Fosdal / Unsplash
In the years that followed, there were many other incidents of undefined hum. One of them – in the city of Kokomo, Indiana – also attracted widespread public attention. As in Bristol, the state was formed. Commission to determine the causes of the sound.But the measures that were taken to muffle the alleged sources of noise did not work. A year later, most of the respondents continued to complain about the noise.
The recent situation in Windsor, which lies on the border between Canada and the United States, is also curious and unresolved. Residents of the city first noticed the “hum” in 2011. Some time later, a group of researchers determined the frequency of the sound – 35 Hz – and the place where it most likely originates from. Attempts to resolve the situation have reached a dead end.
The point is that the alleged source of the sound is located on an island on the other side of the border. Once upon a time there was an Indian cemetery on this island, and now there is a U.S. plant. Steel. Since there are no international agreements on noise pollution, it is not possible to get to the territory of the plant with any checks.
Due to the fact that there are many questions and few answers, “hum victims” resort to conspiracy theories to somehow explain the phenomenon.
Half of the conspiracy theories blame the secret services, and the buzz is no exception. Many people believe that it comes from radio equipment. In the 70s, it was the LORAN radio navigation system, the predecessor to GPS. And now we are talking about the HAARP system for studying the ionosphere, which is one of the main figures in a large number of other conspiracy theories.
Photo Miriam Espacio / Unsplash
There are also people who believe that “hum” is a side effect of experiments to control the US population.According to them, the CIA uses low frequency emitters to “reprogram human behavior.” Not without the theories in which aliens appear. Famed conspiracy theorist Chuck Zuowski says that the “buzz” that has been observed since the 90s in Taos, New Mexico is the result of work to build a secret underground base that Earthlings are building together with aliens.
In reality, of course, everything is both more complicated and simpler.The difficulty lies in the fact that there is no single international “buzz”, and each situation must be considered separately. Moreover, some sources of this noise cannot be eliminated in principle. On the other hand, it is known that “hum” is a fairly commonplace phenomenon, and most likely are not part of a large-scale plan to destroy humanity.
Most of these phenomena are of technogenic origin. Many of the cities mentioned above are the industrial centers of their regions.Therefore, it should come as no surprise that these locations have problems with sound pollution. In some other places – for example, the state of Connecticut – the appearance of the “rumble” was completely connected with the construction of a gas pipeline.
Some people see here the so-called Frey Effect. Under certain conditions, microwave radiation can be perceived as sound – even by deaf people. This theory is supported by the fact that in many places where the “hum” appeared, anomalies in the behavior of animals reacting to changes in the electromagnetic field of the earth were recorded.Finally, some scientists believe that the “hum” can be explained by microseismic activity caused by waves in the ocean.
Photo by Jon Tyson / Unsplash
The biggest obstacle to getting rid of hum is that only two percent of the population can hear it. Those who cannot hear it themselves often simply do not take people’s statements seriously. Also, due to the technogenic nature of this noise, it can be almost impossible to force the culprits to make the necessary adjustments to their production, as in the above case with the U.S. Steel. It remains to be hoped that over time we will begin to pay more attention to noise pollution – and bear in mind that it can exist outside the audible range of the conventional man in the street.
What else can you read in our “Hi-Fi World”:
A noise isolation method has been developed that dampens up to 94% of noise
Sleep better and work better – how music conquers noise
There is a lot of noise, there will be little noise: sound hygiene in cities
90,000 causes and remedies of the symptom
What if there is a ringing or noise in my ear?
The appearance of noise or ringing in the ears is called tinnitus in medicine.Typically, noise is a high pitched sound that resembles the ringing of a bell. This problem is very common. It occurs not only in the elderly.
According to statistics, 5-8% of the inhabitants of the entire planet are faced with tinnitus. Often, noise occurs in a quiet place rather than in a noisy environment. If you are overtaken by a similar problem, immediately seek help from a doctor.
Ringing or noise in the ear – causes and possible diseases
Ringing in the ear is an alarming symptom that may indicate a dangerous illness
Tinnitus is not considered an independent disease.It is a symptom that can be caused by all kinds of dangerous pathologies. Failure to take measures to eliminate noise in time can cause hearing impairment or loss. For this reason, do not postpone a visit to the doctor, especially if you have:
- Noise repeats for several days
- Dizziness appeared
- Pain in the heart
- Balance disorders, gait
- Hearing loss
Possible causes of ringing and tinnitus:
- The most common cause is high blood pressure, which should be measured when the murmur appears and when the murmur disappears.In case of a big difference, the help of a therapist is needed. He will prescribe treatment for the cardiovascular system. If, along with tinnitus, you feel a headache, pain in the heart, flashing flies – urgently call an ambulance. This may indicate a hypertensive crisis.
- Atherosclerosis, in which plaques of cholesterol form in the blood vessels of the brain, can also cause ringing in the ears. The arteries of the brain, losing elasticity, are not able to produce pulsation in rhythm with the movement of blood.This contributes to the formation of tinnitus. Muscles attached to the ossicles can also cause tinnitus if they are involuntarily strained, that is, spasm.
- Ringing can also occur in connection with migraine due to severe headaches that are pulsating in nature.
- Vascular heartbeat associated with the middle inner ear can cause ringing in the ears. As a rule, this happens in connection with an increase in temperature, with excessive physical exertion, or with an inflammatory process in the inner ear.
- Another source of noise is a chronic disease – otosclerosis. In this case, bone tissue grows between the middle ear and the inner ear. Often, the pathology starts in one ear and then spreads to the other. In most cases, women suffer from otosclerosis. This pathology requires immediate treatment, since it can lead to a loss of the ability to perceive sounds.
- Otitis media is an inflammatory problem. Causes redness of the ear canal, pain when pressing on the organ of hearing, as well as itching and buzzing.The cause of this inflammation can be the penetration of water into the ear, injury during ear cleansing, as well as aggravation of various infections.
- Signs such as dizziness, impaired coordination in space, involuntary urination may indicate a dangerous disease of the nervous system – multiple sclerosis. It is necessary to immediately call an ambulance, because illness can make a person disabled.
- Schwannoma is a tumor that forms in the auditory nerve. Before the tumor reaches a certain size, the disease may be asymptomatic.Such a tumor is treated only by surgery, otherwise deafness may occur.
- Use of certain medicinal products: aspirin, gentamicin, caffeine, furosemide.
- Seizure of the auditory organ can occur with changes in atmospheric pressure.
- Increased body tension.
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Presence in loud and hectic places such as clubs or concerts. Loud and shrill sounds can damage the cells in the inner ear.
What should I do if I hear a ringing or noise in my ear?
Examination by an ENT doctor
If you experience ringing or noise in your ears, you should make an appointment with an otolaryngologist. He will help you find out the cause of the ringing. If an infection is present, the doctor will prescribe appropriate treatment.
There are some methods for self-attenuation of noise:
- Stop taking medications.
- Limit alcohol and coffee consumption.
- To relieve swelling of the organ of hearing, minimize the use of table salt.
- Beware of excessive sounds. Use headphones in noisy environments.
- Systematically clean your ears to remove wax accumulations.
- Damping of noises is possible with the sound of pouring liquid.
- Special noise masking products are available on the market.
- You can resort to techniques that are focused on calming the facial muscles.
- The use of sedatives is possible only after consultation with a specialist.
Do not drip anything into the organ of hearing without a doctor’s prescription, and do not use sharp long devices for cleaning. The surest solution for ear problems is to seek qualified help. After all, any independent measure can aggravate the condition, leading to hearing loss for life.
Treatment of tinnitus with traditional methods
It is important to remember that any treatment depends on the diagnosis!
Traditional medicine suggests eliminating symptoms and is used as a distraction.Basically, the following folk remedies are used:
- Application of yarrow juice as drops. To do this, the plant is crushed into gruel, squeezed out the juice, dripped into the ear, 3 drops per day.
- Boiled dry dill has a lot of useful and healing properties to the human body. A few teaspoons of dry dill are poured with boiling water (500 ml) in a thermos to obtain infusion. Insist for about two hours, after which they consume 100 ml before eating.
- Freshly squeezed beetroot and cranberry juices are great helpers in getting rid of tinnitus.To do this, mix an equal amount of beetroot and cranberry juice. The daily intake is 3 times.
- Propolis has proven itself in the fight against ear noise. Propolis tincture is sold at any pharmacy. The tincture is mixed with vegetable oil in a 1/4 ratio. After thorough mixing, a cotton swab is dipped into the mixture. It must be inserted at night. This course of treatment consists of 12 procedures.
- An effective remedy is raw potatoes, which are crushed and a little honey is added.The whole healing mixture is wrapped in cheesecloth. It is used both as a compress (applied to the ear) and in a moistened cotton swab, which is inserted into the ear canal.
- Common onions can eliminate excruciating ringing in the ears. To do this, bake the onion and squeeze warm juice, which is extremely useful for the therapy of ringing in the hearing organs. 3 drops of healing liquid are dripped into each ear. The minimum number of times a day is 3 times. As soon as the condition improves, the number of times can be reduced.However, onion treatment is not recommended to be stopped even if tinnitus is completely eliminated. The treatment continues for a couple of days.
- Effective remedies in the fight against ear pathologies – honey in the aggregate of lemon balm herb. However, such a folk method is contraindicated in patients with low blood pressure, since lemon balm tends to lower it.
Tinnitus drug treatment
The method of treatment is determined by the doctor depending on the cause of the development of tinnitus
For the treatment to be successful, an accurate diagnosis of pathology is required.Both the outer ear and the eardrum are examined. Only on the basis of analyzes of the sources of the disease, therapy for noise in the ear is performed.
Drug therapy is subdivided into the treatment of chronic and acute murmur. With a sudden appearance of ringing in the ear, immediate hospitalization of the person is required. Timely treatment will help the patient to fully recover.
Chronic murmur is treated based on the source of its development:
- If the noise is caused by atherosclerosis, drugs are used that are aimed at improving blood circulation throughout the body and blood flow in the auricle.It is necessary to take drugs to improve tissue metabolism.
- If a patient is diagnosed with a migraine, as well as a disease of the autonomic nervous system, prescribe drugs for the general strengthening effect and adherence to the regimen. Since cephalalgia is one of the causes of ringing in the ears, treatment with drugs that improve the movement of blood through the vessels of the brain and spinal cord, and with the help of B vitamins is indicated.
- In case of an inflammatory process in the auditory tube, antibiotic therapy is prescribed, during which drugs are used to help remove excess fluid.
- With high blood pressure, a complex treatment is prescribed, which includes drugs aimed at simultaneously blocking two types of adrenergic receptors.
- Narrowing of blood vessels in the neck causing murmurs suggests complex therapy.
- People with tinnitus associated with anxiety disorders are expected to take psychotropic drugs. Their effectiveness is noted in reducing the degree of ringing and its intolerance.
Useful video – Why does it ring (noise) in the ears:
http: // tvojlor.com / lor / ear / chto-delat-esli-zvenit-v-uhe.html
Why ringing in the ears: 5 most common reasons
Where does this unpleasant tinnitus come from? When can you ignore him, and in what cases is it better to urgently consult a doctor?
Where does this unpleasant sound in your ears come from? When can you ignore him, and in what cases is it better to urgently consult a doctor?
Healthy people sometimes hear tinnitus. This is possible, for example, due to overwork, lack of sleep, after strong physical and emotional, as well as noise loads – after going to a concert, when a person was close to the speakers for a long time.
If ringing in the ears has already become a frequent companion, and there are no obvious reasons for this, there may be serious health problems. Here are the main ones.
Why it rings. There is a spasm of the cerebral vessels, the posterior ear artery is spasmodic. The arteries become narrowed, so the flow of oxygenated blood to the brain is reduced.
How it rings. Begins to ring from one or both sides at once, the pressure rises, which causes a pulsating noise in the ears (in time with the heartbeat).
What to do. If the problem has become regular, you need to visit a physician, and then a cardiologist. Tinnitus disappears when drugs are prescribed to lower the pressure.
2. Atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels, carotid or vertebral arteries
Why ringing in the ears. Cholesterol “plaques” in the arteries of the brain prevent the blood from moving normally – turbulence is formed that create this noise.
How it rings. This may be a persistent or intermittent noise in the head or ears.Dizziness is often present in this case.
What to do. I need a consultation with a therapist and a neurologist. Atherosclerosis is diagnosed using triplex scanning of the neck vessels, brain MRI and angiography. Treatment is selected depending on the degree of vascular lesions and the nature of the “plaque”. Drugs may be prescribed to lower cholesterol levels, vascular drugs, and in some cases, surgery is required.
Why ringing in the ears. Osteochondrosis and other changes in the cervical spine, congenital hypoplasia (narrowness) of one or both vertebral arteries can cause tinnitus.
How it rings. Blurred noise, metallic ringing.
What to do. A thorough diagnosis is needed: scanning of the vessels of the neck with turns of the neck to the sides, X-ray of the cervical spine with functional tests, MRI of the cervical spine.
4. Traumatic brain injury
Why ringing in the ears. Swelling of the brain can cause tinnitus and ringing. Additional symptoms: nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, impaired coordination of movements, vision problems, etc.
How it rings. In traumatic brain injuries, tinnitus is felt as a whistle and squeak.
What to do. It is necessary to conduct a hearing test – tone threshold audiometry in an extended frequency range. The main goal of treatment is to relieve cerebral edema and improve the functioning of cells.Doctors recommend keeping a sleep schedule, listening to calm music, the sounds of rain, forests …
Treatment will be aimed at relieving cerebral edema, restoring the normal functioning of cells and the connections between them. It is also recommended to establish a sleep and rest mode, listen to pleasant music, for example, the sounds of rain, forest.
5. Brain tumor, acoustic neuroma
Why ringing in the ears. The tumor compresses the cochlear portion of the auditory nerve or even the brain stem.If the tumor is large, a person can lose hearing, vision, often – this is a threat to his life, since the respiratory and vasomotor centers are located there.
This is due to the compression of the cochlear part of the auditory nerve by the tumor. The tumor can also compress the brain stem. With the development of a large tumor, this can lead to loss of hearing, vision, and also threaten the patient’s life, since the respiratory and vasomotor centers are located in this area of the brain.
How it rings. It all starts with noise in one ear (in the form of ringing, squeak, noise like sea waves), hearing loss progresses, dizziness begins.
What to do. An MRI or CT scan is done to diagnose a tumor.
Also, tinnitus occurs with otitis media, Minier’s disease (disease of the inner ear), in the presence of sulfur plug and other ENT problems; with anemia, endocrine problems, physical or emotional overload, taking certain medications. And this is not the whole list of reasons! Therefore, if ringing in the ears began to bother you regularly, consult your doctor.
Tinnitus causes and treatments
Tinnitus is a pathological process that should not be present in any healthy person. In the medical community, this symptom is called tinnitus. It can develop both simply from overwork, and even from the oncological process. The cause of ringing in the ears can only be determined by a specialized doctor. Self-treatment can lead to very serious consequences and even hearing loss . In certain cases, a person may even become disabled. Therefore, it is very important to know all the causes and treatment of this disease.
Causes of the disease
Mainly a cause of ringing in the ears and head, is an indicator of a person’s gradual hearing loss. Sometimes tinnitus can indicate damage to the nerve endings in the auricle. In addition, the symptoms of tinnitus can occur with various injuries, as well as some diseases affecting various organs of the body.This symptom can be caused by:
- Middle ear infections
- Certain disorders in the functioning of the human brain
- Otitis media of various currents
- Decrease or increase in blood pressure
- Neurinoma originating in the auditory nerve
- Meniere’s Syndrome
- Osteochondrosis localized in the cervical spine
Tinnitus can also occur during the process of wear of the vertebrae in the upper spine.This leads to narrowing of the blood vessels and problems with the blood supply to the head. Poor blood flow clogs the ears, and also exhibits a ringing whistle.
Stress of a neuropsychiatric nature also affects the appearance of this symptom. In some rare cases, this is the cause of schizophrenia.
Stimulants and exposure to harsh noisy conditions can cause tinnitus, but of a short duration. Constant changes in blood pressure also provoke the appearance of such a symptom, mainly affecting both ears.
Depending on the cause of the tinnitus, a person may simultaneously experience other manifestations associated with the initial disease. Experts identify the following list of possible symptoms:
- Hypertension or hypotension
- Soreness in the ears
- Feeling of liquid inside the auricle
- Pulsating noise
- Pain in different parts of the head
- Loss of balance due to dizziness
- stuffy nose
The nature of the tinnitus is also an indicator of what caused it.Monotonous sound indicates problems with pressure or inflammation, pulsating – about problems with blood vessels. In addition, the localization of the symptom can be one-sided, arising in one ear.
Damage to the auditory nerve is characterized not only by constant noise, but also by loss of balance and dizziness. At the same time, the head hurts. Otitis media of various etiologies cause painful sensations in the auricle, fever and tinnitus.
Over time, without therapy, ringing in the ears can become chronic, which can subsequently lead to insomnia, irritability, and psychological problems.Ringing in the left ear, just like ringing in the right ear, occurs for similar reasons.
Diagnostics and medical treatment
First of all, in order to determine the cause, what has laid the ear, the otolaryngologist examines the outer ear, and also assesses the condition of the eardrum. Hearing acuity is tested using a special test called audiometry.
Treatment for tinnitus is performed depending on the cause of the symptom:
- VSD is the cause of ringing in the ears and head, which are eliminated by means of improving blood circulation, such as Piracetam, Cinaresin, as well as B vitamins
- The process of inflammation localized in the Eustachian tube is treated with antibacterial agents: Amoxiclav, Flemoxin
- Fluid in the ear is eliminated with antihistamines (Atarax, Diprazin, Pipolfen)
- If stress or nervous disorders occur, doctors recommend Amitriptyline or Nortriptyline, which have some side effects
- Sleep problems require sleeping pills
- Otitis media are eliminated using special antibiotics in the form of drops: Levomycetin or Ceftriaxone
- Colds affecting the onset of tinnitus require therapy with Albucin, Otixon or Otipax
- In some cases, physiotherapy is used in the form of acupuncture, therapeutic massage, reflexology, etc. to remove ringing
The main thing for ringing in the ears is to treat in full, since an incompletely cured disease can eventually manifest itself again in a more severe form .If it rings in the left ear as well as rings in the right ear, therapy should often be performed in both of them.
Treatment with folk remedies
Non-traditional methods of treatment include the use of some folk remedies. It is based on a long tradition of treatment and in some cases can really help if it rings in the ear.
You can use a decoction of dill, yarrow juice, propolis tincture, drops of thyme seeds, viburnum berries, onion juice, and potatoes with honey as a therapy. It is best to talk to your doctor before removing any unpleasant noise.
It is important to note that all folk methods eliminate the consequences, and not the very cause of the disease, therefore, their use is justified only in cases of complex therapy. The answer to the question of why the ears are ringing should be sought not in traditional healers, but in otolaryngologists who know how to treat the disease.
Effects of antibiotics
Since some drugs can affect the appearance or worsening of tinnitus, you need to be very careful when taking them.First of all, this concerns antibiotics that have an ototoxic effect. The manifestation of an adverse effect can occur both after the first dose and after some time . How to cure the consequences is difficult to determine, and sometimes impossible.
Aminoglycoside antibiotics are a big problem, which only after a few affect the appearance of tinnitus. These drugs include Gentamicin, Neomycin, Streptomycin, Amikacin, and Kanamycin. Adults may not notice changes in hearing acuity, while young people who took this medicine before the age of 18 may feel the effects in old age.
In certain cases, ear problems may occur due to the intake of macrolides. These include Sumamed, Erythromycins, Clarithromycins and Azithromycins of different generations.
That is why any antibiotic therapy should be carried out under the supervision of a qualified physician who can correct the treatment in the event of side effects . How to get rid of ringing in the ears in this case should be decided by doctors.
Possible complications and methods of prevention
If treatment is delayed or not started at all, there is a huge risk of severe consequences of tinnitus.First of all, this may concern a decrease in hearing acuity, ending even with a complete loss of this feeling.
Constant ringing in the ears makes a person more irritable and restless. Over time, this can lead to a depressed mood, stress, memory impairment, constant fatigue.
Because of the chronic course of tinnitus, a person loses normal sleep, as well as various disorders that have a psychological origin.This can significantly complicate life and require additional long-term treatment. A person’s ability to work is gradually decreasing, to the point that he may become disabled. And the head starts to hurt all the time.
There are only a few things you need to do to minimize tinnitus:
- Stay away from extremely strong noise sources
- Use headphones only within the acceptable audio volume range
- Put on earplugs if necessary
- Avoid stressful situations and be able to cope with their consequences
- Practicing yoga and meditation exercises
- Limit the intake of drugs that have a negative effect on hearing
In the case of preventing the causes of the development of the disease, you can avoid not only additional material expenditures for the treatment of ringing in the ears, but also the deterioration of your own health.
Regardless of the cause of the disease, as well as the degree of its manifestation, it is always necessary to determine the factor of its development, and also to begin the appropriate therapy. This is important for the occurrence of adverse consequences, which in the future will be quite difficult to eliminate. It is important to remember that ringing in the ear in the initial stages is easy to cure, forgetting about it forever, while when the process is running, it becomes more difficult to get rid of it.
The site contains exclusively original and author’s articles.
When copying, place a link to the source – article page or home page.
Ringing in the ears and head: pathological and natural causes, diagnosis and treatment
Tinnitus or tinnitus is a symptom of neurological deficit, insufficient cerebral circulation or other pathologies of a dystrophic and other plan, in which the patient experiences painful subjective sensations of noise.
Unlike hallucinations such as psychosis, schizophrenia, ringing in the ears is quite real. This is not a product of a diseased brain, consciousness. Although this often happens, but in an isolated form.
Often, this is how the movement of blood through nearby vessels is felt. The worse the flow, the more intense the sound experience.
Do I need treatment – the question remains open. If the cause is pathogenic and this is proven – of course, therapy is required.
In some situations, we are talking about a variant of the physiological norm or natural culprit factors.We will talk about this further.
In the meantime, it is worth keeping in mind: if a symptom develops, it is necessary to see a doctor. At least, to the otolaryngologist. Further – to be examined and act according to the situation.
The essence of sensation
Patients describe pathological experiences differently. Most often, the manifestation is characterized as:
- Call It’s like a big bell is ringing in my head, and the sound doesn’t stop even for a minute. It can be partially smoothed, but not completely.
- Whistle, squeak. As if the TV is on on the channel where the prevention is being carried out.
- Buzz. As if a swarm of bees or a high-voltage line is located in my head.
- Noise. Other sensations: rustle, creak.
The nature of the experience is purely subjective. It all depends on the individual characteristics of the organism of a particular patient. Sometimes there are several noises at the same time. This is the so-called multicomponent experience.
One thing can be said with certainty: often, this is not a hallucination, but a completely existing noise.It’s just so quiet that only the observer himself can hear it. Since this is how the blood flow through the internal arteries manifests itself.
You also need to keep in mind that tinnitus does not always accompany pathological processes. Sometimes the problem is far-fetched; nothing needs to be done to solve it.
Let’s give an example. An exact and figurative expression is known – ringing silence. Why do they say that? Just because in the absence of external stimuli, the body switches to internal ones.The sound of blood flowing becomes audible. That is why the question must be carefully examined.
There are other classifications of the symptom. Sometimes the sound doesn’t really exist. Mental disorders can produce realistic hallucinations that are difficult to distinguish from other forms of tinnitus.
Typically, a violation does not occur in isolation. Other psychopathological phenomena are also present. This greatly facilitates diagnosis for doctors.
Now let’s turn directly to the factors of the development of the disorder.The provocateurs are counted in dozens, if not hundreds. Here are the most common factors in the development of the disorder.
Inflammatory processes in the ear
The general name for all such disorders is otitis media. It can strike both external structures and deep-seated tissues. The further along the length of the pathological process, the higher the likelihood of dangerous complications for the patient.
Almost always, otitis media is accompanied by characteristic symptoms:
- Pressing and shooting pains in the affected ear.
- Increased body temperature.
- Disorders of orientation in space. Such a manifestation is especially typical for damage to the inner ear.
- Heaviness in the head.
- Hearing problems.
One way or another, the manifestations will be approximately the same, with some reservations and additions. The clinic is typical enough to make a diagnosis.
As a rule, the disease is of infectious origin in 95-99% of cases. More precisely, bacterial.In order to avoid complications, treatment must be carried out. It is dealt with by an otolaryngologist or an ENT doctor.
The task is to eliminate the inflammatory process, septic disorder. Return the patient’s condition to normal. Antibiotics are prescribed.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and other means for relief. Then physiotherapy is shown to eliminate residual effects.
The causes of tinnitus in otitis media are edema of the eardrum and ear canal, which gives rise to false, harsh sensations caused by a non-existent stimulus.
Essentially, this is a complex illusion. When sensory structures deceive themselves. Once the treatment reaches the target, everything will return to normal.
Degenerative-dystrophic damage to the structures of the spine. In this case, at the level of the cervical spine. There is a gradual destruction of soft tissues: disc, articular structures, as well as nerve endings.
The result is a weakened nutrition of the brain. Local arteries are stenotic, compressed by the affected bone tissues of the spine.This becomes the cause of the dystrophic process in the nerve cells.
The next step is a malnutrition of the temporal lobes (they are precisely responsible for the normal perception of sound), and the result is periodic hallucinatory experiences, buzzing ringing in the ears and dizziness, which are limited to one analyzer.
Be that as it may, the longer the pathological condition lasts, the worse the matter with sound sensations. We need treatment under the supervision of a neurologist, a vertebrologist.Also, the participation of an orthopedist or traumatologist will not hurt.
The task is to restore cerebral blood flow. Cerebrovascular drugs, nootropics (Glycine and similar) are prescribed.
In rare cases, surgical treatment is necessary. For example, if osteochondrosis is complicated by hernias and compression of the spinal cord. The question is not the easiest one.
The duration of therapy can be up to several months. You need to be patient and follow all the instructions of the doctors.
Occurs with prolonged current otitis media, as a complication.Somewhat less often it is an isolated disease.
The bottom line is the same. With a pathological process, there is an overgrowth of bone structures inside the ear. This leads to inadequate stress on the auditory analyzer.
When a sound wave passes, new formations begin to vibrate as well. Hence the unbearable, sonorous noise, as after intense exposure to a stimulus.
Fighting the state is possible, but not so easy. This is the task of the otolaryngologist, ENT doctor.Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed. If there is evidence, an operative correction is performed.
More often, therapy is limited to symptomatic measures.
Contamination of the ear canal
The so-called sulfur plugs are formations that are formed from layers of a specific secret.
There is a similar pathological condition in three cases:
- Poor hygiene. You need to proceed from the characteristics of your body.For some, one cleaning a week is enough. Others produce so much sulfur that they have to treat their ears twice a day.
- Abundant secretion. In this case, even regular hygiene is not always enough. Excesses are possible.
- Injuries to the ear canal. After recovery, the organs try to protect the tissues from damage. This is why the body produces more sulfur.
Be that as it may, it is necessary to restore the normal state under the supervision of an ENT doctor.The ears are rinsed with solutions under high pressure.
This is the standard mechanical cleaning method. It does not present any particular difficulties or problems for the patient. There is no discomfort.
The cause of the ringing in the ears lies in the incorrect distribution of the auditory load: the sulfur plug interferes with the passage of the sound signal.
After the elimination of the pathological stratification, everything is restored by itself. No other help is required.
As a rule, a congenital pathological process.Loud ringing in the ears and head appears due to an increase in the concentration of endolymph in the inner ear.
This is a special liquid that acts as a “pillow” damping excessive sound signals. It also helps to navigate in space.
With an increase in volume, the lymph presses more heavily on the auditory structures. This leads to a false sensation of hum, strange sounds.
The symptoms of Meniere’s syndrome are more extensive than just ringing. In addition, present:
- Pain in the ear structures of unknown origin.
- Disorders of normal coordination of movements.
- Short-term disorders of orientation in space.
- Subject to falls.
The disease is non-septic in nature. This is not an infectious process.
The treatment is carried out by specialists in otolaryngology.
The task is to eliminate the disorder, it is solved medically. Prescribed diuretic agents, drugs to restore normal cerebral blood flow.But this is not enough either. If necessary, use analogs of histamine, corticosteroids.
If the pathological condition is not corrected in time, there is a risk of hearing loss. Hearing loss on one side.
Stable increase in blood pressure. Classical pathology of the cardiovascular series. It is accompanied by jumps in blood pressure and several subjective symptoms:
- Headaches. Vessels spasm, narrow.
- Weakness, drowsiness.From insufficient nutrition of nerve tissues.
- Nausea, vomiting. In some cases, at the peak of an attack, a surge in blood pressure.
- Neurological signs: disorders of coordination, hearing, vision and other similar symptoms.
Permanent ringing in the ears with hypertension is caused by insufficient nutrition of the temporal lobes of the brain, dysfunction of neurological structures and the development of false, hallucinatory images.
As soon as the blood pressure returns to normal, the noise disappears by itself.
Cardiologists are engaged in the treatment of patients with hypertension. Prescribed ACE inhibitors (Perindopril), beta-blockers (Anaprilin, Metoprolol, others), calcium antagonists (Verapamil, Diltiazem), centrally acting agents (Moxonidin, Captopril) and others. Including diuretics.
It is very difficult to radically cope with the disease. We have to keep the systems in an acceptable state with the constant use of drugs.
Classics of the genre.The disease causes a metallic ringing in the head, as the internal arteries, blood vessels are covered with cholesterol deposits, which inhibit blood flow.
This means that it is more difficult for liquid connective tissue to pass through such structures, the local pressure increases, the sound becomes louder than usual, therefore it is perceived by the observer, the patient, as very intense.
The worse the condition, the stronger the symptom. Among the clinical signs of a pathological process, it can be additionally noted:
- Increased blood pressure. As a rule, it does not go down by itself.
- Disorders of higher nervous activity.
And other signs. Atherosclerosis is treated by a cardiologist or endocrinologist. Prescribed drugs of the statin group (Atoris, Atorvastatin). They thin plaques and remove lipids from the body.
If ineffective, means of the fibrate group, nicotinic acid, are indicated. There are several options.
Strong ringing in the ear can be a hallucinatory way that does not exist in reality, for example, in psychosis. Often, such manifestations are found in patients with drug addiction.
Schizophrenic disorders also show similar symptoms. But, as a rule, they are not isolated.
Almost always psychosis is accompanied by sharp and gross disturbances in perception:
- Hallucinations when a person is confident in the objectivity of experiences.As if they were heard and seen by everyone around.
- Pseudohallucinations. In this case, the patient perceives the stimulus subjectively (voice in the head, the image in front of the inner gaze).
- Delirium. Violations of logic, incorrect settings.
- Conduct disorders.
- Negative symptoms. Will is lost, activity falls. The phenomena of autism and isolation from the whole world are growing.
Treatment depends on the disease. Most often, drugs of three groups are prescribed:
- Antipsychotics.Atypical series, in order to reduce the intensity of experiences and not provoke side effects.
- Tranquilizers. As sedatives and behavior correctors.
- Antidepressants. For the same purpose.
The therapy is carried out under the supervision of a psychiatrist.
Use of certain drugs
Certain medications can cause tinnitus and head noises. Basically, we are talking about items from the following groups:
- Anti-inflammatory steroid type.That is, Prednisolone, a similar and more potent variation. Glucocorticoids, to summarize.
- Antibiotics of the tetracycline series. They not only provoke noises, but also lead to dystrophic changes in the auditory analyzer. At an early age, this can lead to irreparable and irreversible hearing impairment.
- Loop-type diuretics. For example, Furosemide. As a side answer.
- Cardiac glycosides. Especially with long-term use. Over a month or two.
- Psychotropics. Typical antipsychotics and some tranquilizers.
- Narcotic drugs. Strictly speaking, you cannot call them drugs – marijuana, hashish.
It can ring in the ears because drugs artificially irritate the temporal lobes of the brain, provoke blood flow disturbances.
The only way out of the situation is to refuse medication. But this can be done only with the approval of the attending physician. Unauthorized cancellation will affect health.
It is possible to study whether a specific drug has a similar side effect after analyzing the annotation, instructions. Usually, the manufacturer reflects such moments in “special instructions”.
Tinnitus is not always a pathological problem. There are also random moments. For example, among these you can name:
- Excessive physical activity. In this case, the blood begins to circulate more actively. Including in the structures of the brain.If you overdo it, most of the liquid tissue will go to the limbs, the heart, to nourish the cells, to respond to the excessive load. The symptom will subside or disappear completely.
- Prolonged stay in the upside down position. For example, when the pillow is uncomfortable. The result is intense sound.
- Pregnancy. Increased blood flow throughout the body affects. The heart works doubly actively to ensure the vital activity of the fetus itself.
- Disorders of hormonal levels due to natural causes.Ovulatory cycle, puberty (puberty) and other similar moments.
To get rid of tinnitus for natural reasons, the primary factor is eliminated, if support is needed, drugs of the nootropic group (Glycine, Phenibut) are prescribed. Further, they act according to the situation.
The list of reasons is not complete. This can also include tumors of the brain, auditory structures (so-called neurinomas), liver disorders (encephalopathy against the background of dysfunction), poisoning, acute intoxication and much more.
But the named factors are especially common.
What examinations are required
To establish a diagnosis, a thorough diagnosis is required. Among the events:
- Patient interview. It is necessary to identify all symptoms other than tinnitus and complete the clinical picture.
- Collecting anamnesis. Study of the possible origin of the pathological process.
- Encephalography. Aimed at assessing the functional activity of the brain.
- ECG, ECHO-KG. Methods for studying the state of the heart.
- Measurement of blood pressure. Including routine and daily monitoring according to Holter.
- General blood test, biochemical, for thyroid, pituitary, adrenal hormones.
- MRI on demand. Survey or with contrast enhancement with gadolinium preparations.
The complex, like the entire strategy, is determined by the doctor.
Ringing in the ears and head is a symptom of neurological and circulatory diseases.You need to understand the origin of the problem and start treatment.
Tinnitus. How to get rid of ringing in the ears
Tinnitus can rightfully be called a social disease. Although it is actually a symptom (such as a fever or pain) and not a disease in the true sense of the word, tinnitus can develop into a disease in its own right under certain circumstances. In complex decompensated tinnitus, tinnitus is accompanied by other symptoms, such as depressed mood, sleep disturbances, lack of concentration, anxiety symptoms and various somatic complaints.
Signs of tinnitus and causes of the disease
The question about the causes of tinnitus is asked very often, but it is not so easy to answer it. It is impossible to say specifically how you can protect yourself from acute hearing loss and / or tinnitus. Except perhaps the noise, which is one of the main reasons. A healthy lifestyle can also help keep us from getting tinnitus.
Often, tinnitus occurs temporarily after intense stress, including noise.If this stress stops and the person has the opportunity to rest in silence, then the tinnitus disappears. But if these situations occur frequently, they can lead to persistent tinnitus. Occasional tinnitus can also be caused by treatment with certain medications.
Unfortunately, tinnitus is an accompanying symptom of many other diseases that have nothing to do with the ear, such as multiple sclerosis, metabolic disorders, heart rhythm disorders, thyroid diseases, allergies, dental and jaw problems, spinal injuries, etc.e. This list can be continued for a long time. All kinds of combinations of different diseases should be added to it.
An important aspect that I would like to emphasize is progressive hearing loss, which most people simply do not notice. For them, the foreground is tinnitus, which they want to get rid of without fail. Therefore, patients often refuse various measures, such as hearing aids and other therapies that require their active participation.All they want is a tinnitus pill.
The exact cause of tinnitus cannot be determined in many cases. Except when it is a consequence of acute sensorineural hearing loss or other ear diseases (otosclerosis, otitis media, hereditary diseases leading to hearing loss up to complete deafness, swelling, etc.). Noise is one of the main causes of hearing damage and tinnitus today. More than 50% of young people from time to time feel “ringing” after listening to music that is too loud.
Acute and chronic tinnitus
First, you need to establish the difference between acute and chronic tinnitus, and in the case of acute tinnitus, between objective tinnitus, which can be heard by others, and subjective tinnitus, which we mainly discuss. Objective tinnitus can in most cases be corrected with surgical and other medical procedures. In the acute stage of subjective tinnitus, i.e. immediately after its first manifestation and within the first three months, it makes sense to conduct an accurate diagnosis and therapy.In this case, it is necessary to diagnose not only the hearing organs, but also other important functional areas of the body. Based on the results of the examination, the doctor will prescribe treatment. In doing so, otolaryngologists rely on the “Guidelines for Acute Sensorineural Hearing Loss and Tinnitus” developed by the Society of Otolaryngology.
Age structure with tinnitus
The age structure can be described from the results of our epidemiological study. Of course, with age, the likelihood of developing any kind of health problem, which includes tinnitus, increases.But there are also young people who suffer from tinnitus, which especially bothers them and limits them at the very beginning of their professional life. All patients experience the same basic fear: “What is behind tinnitus, what a serious disease?” Therefore, the first step is to conduct a conversation with patients, free them from fear and explain the mechanism of tinnitus, regardless of the reason for its occurrence. After all, it is in stressful situations, with stress and physical exertion, that tinnitus is further enhanced.
Young people express the following concerns: “What happens if I start talking about tinnitus at work? What will become of my career? ” Unfortunately, many of these fears are justified.
Recently, transient tinnitus has been increasingly diagnosed in children. But in many cases, parents who have tinnitus themselves are to blame for their child’s focus on tinnitus. For example, after a middle ear infection or after a rock concert, short-term tinnitus may occur, which usually disappears.Other reasons include poor posture and school stress, as well as acoustic classroom conditions, social relationships, and parental pressure to achieve a successful maturity certificate from a child. In conversation with parents, it is often found that tinnitus is more intimidating to adults than to the child.
Evolution of tinnitus therapy
There is still no cure for tinnitus. But there are effective therapeutic methods such as retraining therapy, distraction therapy, etc.e. The range of methods requiring the active participation of the patient is quite wide. It includes the use of masking noise, prosthetics with hearing aids, awareness training with yoga, etc., and even psychotherapy. Experience shows that cognitive behavioral therapy is most successful.
There are many studies currently underway that study the effects of drugs, music therapy, sound therapy, magnetic field therapy, direct magnetic stimulation, antiphase noise, etc.But when conducting any research, it is imperative to take into account what the patient is like, what could have caused him tinnitus, how long he suffers from it, what is the state of his hearing, what other diseases can play a role in this process, etc.
Only when all these aspects are taken into account can targeted treatment begin. Because: “You should always treat the person, not tinnitus.” In our experience, the main therapeutic problem is that doctors indiscriminately apply different methods of treatment, like “shooting with a shot”, regardless of the patient’s state of health or his personality.They do not sufficiently distinguish which therapeutic method is appropriate for each patient. But numerous studies suggest that new treatments should emerge in the coming years.
Noise and ringing in the ears can be very annoying and unpleasant symptoms. Noise is caused by infection, traumatic injury, and accumulation of earwax. Signs of tinnitus (ringing in the ears) can be alleviated with 90,712 natural healing products.
A faint sound may occur in one or both ears.The malaise is often accompanied by headache, decreased concentration and hearing loss. Symptoms can be short-term or long-term.
In most cases, ringing in the ears does not cause serious problems. The danger is infection and hearing trauma. There are natural remedies that prevent complications and ease symptoms.
Back to contents ↑
How to get rid of ringing in the ears.
Tips and Tricks
- Try to avoid stress as much as possible.Stress causes physical changes that can worsen.
- Try to get enough rest and not get too tired.
- Avoid irritants to the nervous system (caffeine, nicotine, etc.)
- Accept that tinnitus is annoying and try to ignore it as much as possible.
- During sleep, the head should be raised on the pillows. This will help reduce congestion in the head and reduce noise levels.
- Use sounds in your room, such as the radio or TV, which, thanks to the timer, will turn off when you fall asleep.The sounds will drown out the tinnitus and make it easier to tolerate. This helps those who notice tinnitus getting louder in quiet environments.
- There are special “white noise machines” that create a pleasant, quiet background noise in the bedroom, while at the same time providing an atmosphere of peace and quiet (the sound of rain or surf). There are devices that mask noise (they are worn in the ear like a hearing aid). The hearing aid also partially masks tinnitus.
- Talk to your doctor about using sedatives.These remedies are not suitable for long-term use, but may provide relief for a while.
- Behavioral and cognitive therapy is used, a type of therapy that focuses on problem solving.
- Antidepressants are used if persistent tinnitus makes a person depressed.
- Habituation training is practiced in which patients learn how to cope with tinnitus.
Therapy and prevention
Hydrogen peroxide has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties.The product relieves tinnitus caused by infection. It stimulates blood circulation, relieves irritation and speeds up the elimination of waste products from the ear.
Four drops are placed in the ear with a pipette. The product is kept for five minutes and drained by tilting the head. The remaining peroxide can be gently blotted with a cotton ball.
The procedure is carried out as needed, but not more often than after six hours.
What foods can help fight tinnitus
olive oil contains fatty acids and antioxidants.The product strengthens the immune system, relieves irritation of the mucous membranes, reduces inflammation and relieves tinnitus.
Three drops of warm oil are placed in the ear and last for three minutes. The product is removed with a cotton ball.
Sesame oil has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and soothing properties. The product unblocks the ear canals, promotes the removal of wax, strengthens the immune system and reduces oxidative stress.
Five drops of warmed oil are placed in the ear and kept for three minutes.It is better to tilt your head so that the product enters the inner ear.
Oil and wax residues are removed with a clean cloth.
Consumption of pineapple can prevent ear infections. It stimulates blood circulation and reduces tinnitus. Bromelain, which is part of the product, has antiviral, sedative, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
It is recommended to consume three pineapple wedges a day.
Apple cider vinegar
Organic apple cider vinegar has antiseptic and antioxidant properties.The product fights against pathogenic microorganisms, relieves irritation and reduces tissue inflammation. Vinegar counteracts bacterial and viral infections, restores blood flow and softens wax plugs.
A healthy drink is prepared from a spoonful of apple cider vinegar and a glass of water.
A mixture of apple cider vinegar and water can be used for ear instillation. Four drops of the product are placed in the affected ear and dried. Excess moisture is removed with a soft cloth.
Coconut oil is used in the medical and cosmetic industry.The product has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. The oil relieves tinnitus, fights infection and reduces tissue inflammation.
The agent prevents viral infection and inhibits the development of the fungus.
Five drops of warm oil are placed in the ear canal. The composition lasts for three minutes and is removed with a damp cloth.
All citrus fruits are loaded with antioxidants and active phytochemicals. Grapefruit is low in calories and has medicinal properties.The natural product stimulates blood circulation, strengthens the immune system, improves blood circulation and fights infection.
Grapefruit juice relieves inflammation and reduces ringing in the ears.
90,000 Disco Elysium is an instant classic. Review / Games
|Publisher||ZA / UM|
|Developer||ZA / UM|
|Minimum requirements 90,713||Windows 7 or higher, Intel Core i3-2115C 2.0 GHz or AMD Phenom 8550 Triple-Core 2.2 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 or AMD Radeon HD 7450 graphics card with 512 MB VRAM, 22 GB on hard disk|
|Recommended requirements||Windows 10, Intel Core i5-650 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon X4 740 3.2 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 940 or AMD Radeon HD 6850 with 1 GB VRAM|
|Release date||October 15, 2019|
Consciousness slowly returned to me, but why? Through the hum of emptiness, I hear some voices – are they here, next to them? Maybe behind the wall? Or maybe in my head? The limbic system seems to be talking to me – her words are bitter and full of despair.But not only the body hurts, but also the soul. Only I have no way of realizing why. The severity of the past fell somewhere along with the memory, and I only vaguely feel some kind of irreparable loss and unfinished business. The corpse swaying in the tree outside the window reminds me of them. It seems that you still need to get up and turn your face towards time, sadness, the cruelty of your existence and impending death. And also towards the ringing disco. Mnemosyne has taken my trail.
Bonfires of ambition
At some point, a murder investigation (to be precise, chatter with everyone you meet and curiosity) will lead you to a half-abandoned office building, which has been touched by a curse that destroys any business within its walls.Spoiler alert: Capitalism is the curse. But we will learn about this later, but for now it remains to wander among the remains of someone’s ideas. And among the ice cream companies or the creators of special skis, there will also be a room with tangled corners, in which everything indicates that someone overly ambitious tried to create a grand role-playing game, but suffered a deafening failure. Studio Fortress Accident went bankrupt and abandoned empty attempts out of the blue to make a masterpiece. This could and should have been a reflection of reality.No wonder – where there is a small studio, when even Bioware fails one after another. The age of epic RPGs is long gone, and whoever would dare to dare to dare to mix Planescape: Torment and Kentucky Route Zero. This is too much – such a game would never have come out anyway. And even if it did, it’s scary to imagine how much the picky fans of deep story RPGs would be disappointed, who received something that did not correspond to the ideals. However, if you like, try it, you have two dice and one roll.(From dice knock on the table. ) TWO SIXES.
Don’t leave the room, don’t make a mistake
Since the announcement at the beginning of 2016, not only the game, which was called No Truce With The Furies at the start, but also the Estonian studio itself, which bore the name Fortress Occident (bingo!), Managed to change its name – and, it seemed, its debut creation that has grown from tabletop sessions to a modified Dungeons & Dragons just has no chance of coming out. The swing was too great, and there were too many cases when overestimated ambitions led to the deepest failure.But the game came out, and not too much delay – and surpassed any expectations.
Disco Elysium was originally created as a board game – and traces of that approach are everywhere. The role-playing system is very simple, but at the same time elegant: 24 parameters are divided into 4 groups-abilities, which you define at the very beginning, creating a character, then they do not change; the points you get for the experience you gain directly into the parameters, which can also be influenced by all sorts of objects, events and thoughts. In addition to the cabinet of parameters, you have a cabinet of thoughts – ideas that appear in your head or are brought by someone from the outside can be interiorized (pondered) or forgotten; points can be spent on purchasing new slots or just to throw unnecessary ideas out of your head. Reflection is free. The thought-forms themselves give you some bonuses, but they can also take something away – nothing is known in advance, you will have to choose them with your heart.
Weirdest & adorable skill grid I’ve ever seen
In the dialogues that make up the entire Disco Elysium – yes, there is no combat system at all, you also have to wave and shoot in the dialogue window, throwing dice – every now and then all sorts of skill checks are carried out and, depending on the result, they open or new branches and directions of conversation are skipped.From time to time, especially important checks appear – and here everything is already determined by the roll of the die, added to the required parameter, of course. It sounds a little boring, like almost any description of the role-playing system, but it removes all the boredom as if by hand, you just have to look at the list of skills itself and break into absolutely any dialogue in which you, your interlocutor, perhaps your investigation partner, Kim Kitsuragi, will take part. , different parts of your consciousness (oh yes, here is a very developed internal dialogue), as well as sometimes your chic tie with a complex color and no less complex nature.
Abilities are simple, one might say classic: strength, agility, intelligence and sensitivity (emotional intelligence). The bet on strength and coordination cuts off many paths in dialogues, and the palaces of reason are rapidly emptying, but a strong cop can break in – and this is not at all an extra opportunity for a law enforcement officer. Disco Elysium allows you to play in this style too – and it’s a lot of fun to do it.
The ability to collect eggs into a fist is an indispensable skill for any cop
The hero’s memory is almost completely lost (no, we are not reborn in the morgue every time after death) – you are, in fact, a beginner in this world and you can complain about dissociative amnesia to a doctor.He – another spoiler – won’t help. But you are also a cop who arrived at the scene of the crime and instead of investigating, went into a binge. For this, obviously, there were reasons – for alcoholism they will always be found, but the murder will not reveal itself. This will have to be done together with a temporary partner who has arrived from another site, while digging up much more important things at the same time – how this world works, how to survive in it, and is it worth trying to do it at all.
Full length man
Disco Elysium is a police drama.Noir detective. A detailed political commentary, applied albeit to a fictional, but for some reason so familiar world. Thinking about the lonely voice of a man in the raging chaos of the universe … Uh-uh, no, this has already carried me away. But the game actually exists outside of genres, it floats freely between them, swinging between sometimes polar emotions. From funny to dreary, from vomiting in a ditch to existential thinking, this is one step. In a dizzying shift in tone, Disco Elysium rivals the best in the movie world like Memories of a Murder.
It’s a fiasco bro
And all this, I repeat, is served primarily through the text. There would be akimbo, cough and start shouting out in syllables: Gra! Fo! Ma! No …
Not at all. If, when creating your creation, you place such a powerful emphasis on one of its properties and completely focus the public’s attention on it, then it must be performed at a transcendental level. And yes, it is. Disco Elysium is written in a grandiose way – and all this endless array: from continuously branching and spreading dialogues to laconic but accurate descriptions of the environment and truly charming texts, even behind the character parameters and those very ideas in the “Cabinet of Thoughts”.
The flow of topics that can be discussed in Disco Elysium continues unabated: jokes about the masculine community at the police station, graters about the role of psychoactive substances in the formation (well, rather, destruction) of the personality, high-brow discourses about the essence of art, a very deep immersion into the most various political issues. At some point, I caught myself thinking that for half an hour I had been conducting an extremely interesting dialogue about liberalism. With a computer character. Using pre-prepared replica options.And this is extremely interesting. Creation ZA / UM does not focus on one thing, banging on this door until it turns blue, but somehow manages not to lose focus and remain very solid; tonality and themes change, but style and direction are kept flawlessly.
Disco Elysium takes place in the fictional city-state of Revashol, living under external control after the suppressed communist revolution – there are no direct analogues for this place, this is a collective image of our world.But with due certainty we can say about the time – this is the 70s of the twentieth century, the sunset of the disco era. But at the same time, the flowering of freedom of speech and thought – in the process you can listen and express absolutely any views: preach socialism, find common ground with a fascist, become a loyal adherent of racial theory, strictly follow a moralistic doctrine … The game will not condemn and dictate the “right line” , your path is open – someone will call it unprincipled in our politically correct age, but such an overwhelming freedom to go along the very crooked path and not get horns and a pitchfork at its end is amazing.
Nobody will deny me style. At least he won’t be able to do it while blood gushes from his eyes
I remember how incredible it seemed to play Planescape: Torment with a dynamically changing character “character” in terms of “evil”, “law-abiding”, “kind”. Disco Elysium does not have this wavering arrow, but there are points that you earn in your political and “human” piggy bank – and you will not be billed at the end. You yourself decide what you are worth, you will have to play this role in full force.
Disco Elysium, with all the vastness of the themes and the power of the literary basis, is a rather chamber game in the elementary spatial sense of the term. During the first two days of the game (a very real clock is ticking here), we generally do not get out of the block, consisting of a dozen houses. This is the one and only investigation. The case of the gallows in the port area of Martinez, from which we never leave until the end of the game. But this “tempest in a teapot” also has a downside – every new basement that you managed to climb into, every fresh corner awakens such a furious spirit of travel that you feel like Percy Fossett, who finally made it to the Lost City.The tightness here does not look artificial, as it was in the reincarnated Deus Ex, for example, where myriads of various organizations crowded on the patch. Here it naturally grows out of the storyline – although, of course, the real reason for such concentration was the studio’s financial constraints.
Modesty is a haven for losers
These limitations, of course, influenced both the graphic style (classic isometry, the watercolor of which disguises the lack of detail), and the fact that the characters have only the starting lines (I wonder who could have voiced the text by more than a million words?), And for a rather modest timing of the soundtrack.But at the same time, all this is full of charm: painful, as in the case of in-game drawings, on which the artel of Lucian Freud, Francis Bacon and Zdzislaw Beksiński seemed to be working, or noble-stylish, like music written for the game by a wonderful Brit-pop group British Sea Power.
On your journey, the main route of which will run through the inner empire, you will not only meet many interesting interlocutors, but you will certainly crystallize your archetype.More precisely, a copotype – you will become either an art policeman who appreciates a drawing left by blood on the floor, or a policeman-with-guilt-feelings, constantly apologizing for his past. Or maybe you will become a hobokop – rejecting the material world and sleeping on a cozy bench in the park. For those who rejected it for natural reasons, of course, it is quite difficult to get the means to live here. If you do not take bribes, of course.
To be honest, you can talk about Disco Elysium endlessly – so I’ll just stop.I will exhale. I’ll take off a knitted hat with a couple of holes. And I saluted unfamiliar friends from Estonia with a plastic bag to collect bottles. You’ve made one of the best games I’ve played in my entire life.
- incredible level of text;
- carefully and tastefully written world;
- interesting plot;
- freedom of choice and role-playing;
- high requirements for the knowledge of the English language by the player – and localization is not expected in the near future;
- It is physically painful to read dialogues in other games after.
Of course, even the old-fashioned gamers who abandoned your virtual entertainment as soon as Black Isle collapsed will not be called technological Disco Elysium, but this dirty world, painted with blurred watercolors, is very addictive. The style is impeccable.
Each character is at least a little, but voiced, which adds a couple of necessary colors.The music by British Sea Power is good. And here you can also take a radio tape recorder on your shoulder and announce the surroundings with a blunt dugout. I have only one complaint – the disco itself is still not enough here.
A literary-centric story full of unexpected references and non-standard accents. Investigation of a murder, which turns out to be just a pretext for a detailed reflection on humanity as a whole and the path of a particular person in it: bitter, funny, ridiculous, tragic, stupid, noble.
Overall impression 90,713
Disco Elysium came here from some special world full of idealists who think it’s okay to release a game in 2019 that is almost entirely composed of rather complex and fanciful text. From a world where deep storyline isometric RPGs are at the height of fashion. From a world where strict adherence to your idea helps to move mountains.Where is this world? What wormhole can you get into it?
More about the
If you notice an error, select it with the mouse and press CTRL + ENTER.
How to get rid of tinnitus?
Tinnitus is not a disease, but it can ruin life. PHOTO: labakasdzirdes.lv
Why does tinnitus occur? What specialists should I contact? Can the noise be removed permanently? The head physician of the Center for Good Hearing, otorhinolaryngologist-audiologist of the first category, Irina Zasenko, answered these and other questions on a direct line in Komsomolskaya Pravda.
Chief Physician of the Center for Good Hearing, otorhinolaryngologist-audiologist of the first category Irina Zasenko.
Photo: Pavel MARTINCHIK
– In 2005 I was diagnosed with right-sided neuritis of the auditory nerve. And a bunch of diagnoses, including hearing loss. And recently, the noise in the right ear has increased. What to do?
– Did you go to the doctor when the noise appeared?
– I would advise you to undergo an examination by an ENT and a neurologist.You can also contact an audiologist to clarify the degree of hearing loss, undergo audiometry. Such a disease requires constant monitoring, and you have not been examined since 2005.
NOISE IN THE EAR IS NOT A DISEASE
– I have a lot of noise in my ears. Will hearing aids help me?
– I understand that your hearing is also impaired?
– In this case, the device will help you. It will restore the ability to hear ambient sounds and drown out the noise that bothers you so.The activity of your brain, which seems to be listening to the noise, will decrease. It will be easier for you to live.
– The noise increases in the evening.
– This is completely natural. You strain very hard to hear, and by the evening you get tired. The central nervous system becomes agitated and the noise from the tension increases. In addition, when we come home from work, we try to stay in silence, and the noise, which was drowned out by the surrounding sounds during the day, draws your attention. And it becomes unbearable for you to hear it.
– I have noise in my left ear and have hardly heard it for several years. Is there anything you can do?
– Have you been examined?
– What a survey! I have a circulatory disorder, so no one can help me. The head hurts all the time.
– Now there are new methods of noise treatment, there is no need to despair. Science has stepped forward … In some cases it is impossible to completely get rid of noise, but learning to live with it is a doable task.
– A year and a half ago, noise appeared in the left ear.I went to a consultation with an otolaryngologist. He said there were no problems, they checked the hearing – everything is also in order. But the noise continues.
– The fact is that the noise in the ear itself is not a disease. It can be a symptom of various diseases, therefore, it is necessary to examine not only hearing, but also the vessels of the brain, the patency of the vertebral arteries, and the blood sugar level. Also, sometimes you need to change your lifestyle.
– Passed a medical examination for work, found hearing loss and some sounds appear in one ear.
– What do you work for?
– At a construction site.
– At the height?
– It happens, and at a height.
– You need to be further examined. Because the noise itself is not a disease, but only a symptom. One symptom and a thousand diseases. And it is necessary to be examined not only by a surdologist, but also by a cardiologist, a neurologist.
NOISE CAN BE DISCOVERED
– I’m 60, already retired. She underwent tests for dizziness and tinnitus. Diagnosed with mild hearing loss.
– Prescribed treatment?
– Yes, I drank medicine, took vitamins. At the initial stage, they removed unpleasant symptoms, and now the noise in the ear is very tormenting. I did an MRI, examined the vessels of the brain. Found nothing. And the noise remains.
– New methods of noise treatment are now available, including noise maskers.
– I have had mild hearing loss for eight years. My daughter is 15 years old, in June, after she had been ill with tubotitis, she had a noise in her ear.We turned to Laura, she was given a referral to the hospital, where she underwent an examination, which showed that everything was in order with her ear. The neurologist prescribed sedative drops. And recently she got to a concert, and the noise increased for a while. Now her noise is not very strong and does not bother her daughter. But this worries me, because I know from myself that the condition can worsen. But my noise appeared after 30 years, and hers at 15. I am very worried.
– Didn’t they tell you that you may have otosclerosis? The predisposition to this disease is transmitted through the female line.You and your daughter need to be examined for this disease. From additional examinations, I would recommend to undergo an ultrasound of the vessels of the brain, because the cause of the noise can also be a vascular disorder.
– Only the pressure chamber helps me, for three months it becomes easier for me. I also heard about tinitus maskers. I’m not complaining about hearing, can I use them?
– There is a new method of treatment called noise therapy. When a patient is presented with white noise for several hours during the day, which is most similar to the noise of falling water.A person begins to listen to this noise and is distracted from his own noise. Thus, the paradoxical circle is reduced, which causes increased excitation of the centers of the brain and increased noise. When you are worried about the noise in your head, it gets even bigger. But if you know that the noise is generated by a device that you wear for 2 – 3 hours a day, depending on the intensity of the noise, the tension in the central nervous system fades away. The essence of this treatment can be compared to a candle in a dark room.When we look at its light in the dark, it seems very bright to us. But if you turn on the light, the candle becomes less bright. So the noise remains, but its intensity, brightness, your worries about the noise are reduced.
– So this device can only be worn for a few hours?
– Yes, if the noise is not very intense, you can muffle for the time prescribed by the doctor and be monitored by an audiologist to see how the symptoms decrease. It is impossible to say that the noise will pass completely.Noise is the work of your nerve cells, your blood vessels, you just react that way. The body does not work silently: the heart beats, there is a noise from breathing – but we do not pay attention to it. But something happened and the noise began to bother you. Maskers are designed to make your attitude towards noise more neutral. This is a global practice, all leading laboratories dealing with noise, talk about such masking therapy as one of the methods of treating ear noise.
– But the noise can be reduced?
– Decrease – yes, but not disappear.We cannot promise that the noise will disappear completely. After all, it can be a product of your brain. And you won’t be able to turn it off with some kind of toggle switch. But your attitude towards noise can be smoothed out.
NOISE CAN ARISE FOR A THOUSAND REASONS
– I didn’t really pay attention to the noise in my left ear. It doesn’t seem to interfere, doesn’t hurt. And recently a friend complained to me about tinnitus and said that he was prescribed nose drops.
– It is not possible to make a diagnosis over the phone. But sometimes nose drops help with tinnitus – in the case of tubotitis, for example.Nasal congestion, curvature of the nasal septum, circulatory disorders of the inner ear, and even sulfur plug – there can be many reasons for its occurrence. Therefore, you should start with at least an examination by a therapist. And analyze your work schedule, whether you have stressful situations, sleep disturbances or high blood pressure. All this will be important for the doctor. It is also worth contacting a doctor who deals with hearing problems – an audiologist.
– I’m 62 years old. Several years ago my blood pressure rose so much that I had to call an ambulance, which took me to the hospital.Since then, there have been no sounds in my ears – bells were ringing, cicadas were cracking … I was prescribed injections, pills. Very strong noises passed, but a constant noise similar to a hum remained.