Oil moisturizer for skin: HOW TO USE NATURAL OILS TO MOISTURIZE FACE & BODY.
HOW TO USE NATURAL OILS TO MOISTURIZE FACE & BODY.
Jump to Recipe
August 9, 2018
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
I grew up surrounded by oils. Beakers of sweet almond and safflower, gallons of olive, and tubs of coconut. Pint bottles of lavender essential oil and cups full of sandalwood. Moisture and scent was everywhere. This was my life as the daughter of an aromatherapist. My mother spoke plant as fluently as she spoke English, and she shared with me that same sense of connection to the world of flora. By the time I was a teenager working in my parents’ body care and spa product factory, I had learned how to deliver deep, lasting moisture to my skin. And it wasn’t through the latest fad in lotion or body butter.
Let’s be real: You spend hundreds or thousands of dollars a year on skincare products that only kinda sorta do the job. What’s more, in order to stay shelf stable, those products are loaded with chemicals, preservatives, alcohols, and petroleum products that you’d never put on your skin, if given the choice. What goes onto your skin is readily absorbed into your bloodstream, so it’s time you paid heed to what you’re slathering on your face and body.
The good news: You can ditch pretty much every store-bought, pre-made, artificial (or just overly complicated) ingredient-loaded moisturizer in your cabinet and focus on the good stuff—pure, single-ingredient oils.
Here’s a breakdown of the oils I use, when, and why. As with any change in your health or skincare regimen, please consult a qualified medical practitioner to assess your skin’s specific needs and challenges.
Oil Moisturizing 101: The Team
Oil moisturizing may be counterintuitive for some, particularly if you have skin that produces an excess amount of oil, or sebum. But here’s where things get life-changing: Your skin is only oily because it’s not getting all the moisture it needs, and is over-producing oil to compensate.
The solution? Give your skin the oil it needs, and it will naturally return to a state of balance.
Nota bene: I don’t use all the oils below, just one or two at a time. These are the oils that are in regular rotation in my skincare regimen.
Sweet Almond Oil (body & face).
Great for face and body, in scrubs and moisturizers.
Raw Coconut Oil (body only).
Makes your skin feel like velvet. Also great for your lady parts. Use on the body, not on the face. A standard in Ayurvedic practice. Use what you’ve got in your kitchen.
Apricot Kernel Oil (body & face).
Similar to sweet almond oil but slightly lighter weight, I like to use apricot kernel oil when my facial skin needs a little extra moisturizing, or is feeling a bit sensitive.
Rosehip Seed Oil (body, face & hair).
Lightweight oil that’s high in beta carotene and rich in omega fatty acids. Some anecdotal evidence suggests rosehip seed oil may minimize the appearance of scars and soften scar tissue. Use on face and body, and to de-frizz hair.
Raw Sesame Oil (body & face).
Great for drenching dry or sensitive skin, particularly in colder months. A standard in Ayurvedic practice. Use on body and face.
Jojoba Oil (body & face).
A lightweight oil good for body and face, which is widely accessible in most stores. Also good for makeup removal.
Olive Oil (body & face).
Excellent for drenching dry skin in a pinch. It’s heavy weight, so should be used when deep hydration is needed. Use what you’ve got in your kitchen.
- On clean skin that’s damp or dry, I apply a generous amount of oil. Massage oil into the skin.
- Massage time. As you apply your body oil, give yourself a massage. Always move your strokes inward toward the heart.
- If you intend to apply sunscreen, leave oil off these parts of the body.
- If I’m feeling fancy, I mix my own body oils. All you need is a base or carrier oil (like any of the oils above), and one or a few essential oils. There are several body oil recipes in Kale & Caramel: Recipes for Body, Heart, and Table. You only need a few drops of essential oils per 4-8 ounces of carrier oils.
- jasmine and juniper
- rose and sandalwood
- I remove all makeup with oil applied to a cotton pad. You can use the same exact oil you use to moisturize your face. If your mascara is stubborn, try loosening it up with some warm water first.
- I wash my face with raw, unfiltered honey. That link will teach you the how and why.
- Optional: I use a floral spritz. Like rosewater or orange blossom water. Just because it feels good and smells even better.
- I moisturize with a dime-size amount of sweet almond, raw sesame, apricot kernel, or rosehip seed oil. I mix it up according to how my skin is feeling.
- Massage time. As you apply your facial oil, give the delicate skin of your face a light massage, always using strokes that move up and out.
- If I’m feeling fancy, I mix my own facial oils. All you need is a base or carrier oil (like any of the oils above), and one or a few essential oils. There are several facial oil recipes in Kale & Caramel: Recipes for Body, Heart, and Table. You only need a few drops of essential oils per 4-8 ounces of carrier oils.
For dryer skin: I like some combination of jasmine, rose, rose geranium, and lavender essential oils in a base or carrier oil.
For oilier skin: I like a blend of jasmine and sandalwood in a base or carrier oil.
Let your skin breathe: Stop wearing so much makeup.
I hear so many people who use makeup regularly complain about their skin. Stop. Stop complaining and stop using all that makeup. Your skin needs to breathe. Always remove makeup before bed. My go-to: Bare Minerals loose powder.
Don’t use overly complex products.
Unless you have severe skin problems (in which case you should be seeing a dermatologist), you’re just irritating your skin.
Active breakouts and pimples?
I keep pure tea tree essential oil on hand to apply directly to active breakouts and pimples. Just a few drops usually sucks the life out of them.
Where do I get essential oils?
My favorite essential oils are made by Floracopeia, but you can get essential oils at any health food store, and online. There is a guide to sourcing and using aromatics in Kale & Caramel: Recipes for Body, Heart, and Table.
Do Oils Hydrate or Moisturize
This is Beauty Basics, a column dedicated to ending pervasive beauty myths once and for all. We last shut down the myth that pores can open and close, and this time we’re tackling the confusion around face oils: do they really moisturize your skin?
Most of us have been moisturizing our faces for a few decades, but that doesn’t mean we actually know what’s happening when we slap a product across our face. If we did, there wouldn’t be so much confusion around one particular category of moisture-boosting skincare: face oils. Face oils have been around but exploded in popularity recently as the clean beauty movement swept through our collective consciousness. One question that always comes up is whether or not face oils actually moisturize. And if they do, are they just for dry skin?
The short answer is yes, oils are part of the moisturizing process. But the long answer is a little more complicated. First, one must understand the difference between an occlusive and a humectant, the two main types of skin moisturizers. An occlusive is a heavy cream or oil that seals moisture just like plastic wrap but for your skin. Because what good is moisture if it evaporates right off your face? A humectant is an ingredient that draws in water from the environment or the lotion itself, like glycerin or hyaluronic acid.
“In order to be a really effective moisturizer, you need to have both the occlusive to lock in the moisture and the humectant to draw in that water. That’s what really makes a proper moisturizer,” says says Dr. Melissa Kanchanapoomi Levin, dermatologist and founder of Entière Dermatology in NYC. So while oils can condition the skin, they only retain water content not add it, which means they are moisturizing but not hydrating.
Oils We Love
Active Botanical Serum
Virgin Marula Antioxidant Face Oil
Omega Hydrating Oil with Ferment Complex
So occlusives and humectants are a dynamic duo, and one without the other isn’t going to deliver the kind of glowy results you want. Which is why most moisturizer formulas are made with a combination of both. “A cream has a lot more oil content, and a lotion has less oil content and more water,” notes Dr. Mona Gohara, an associate clinical professor of dermatology at Yale School of Medicine. But there are many people who like to replace their serum and moisturizer with just one bottle of face oil.
“I do find that a lot of people who only use oils are actually really dehydrated or their skin barrier is compromised underneath all that application of oils,” adds Levin. “I’m not saying oils are bad, but it can’t be the only component when you’re talking about moisturizing or restoring the skin barrier.” So in short, it’s also a myth that oils are only for dry skin, since alone they can actually contribute to dehydration. We all all need to find that perfect balance between occlusives and humectants. If you like to pat an oil on your skin, do so after a lightweight lotion. If you apply a humectant-heavy serum or lotion on top of an oil or oil-reach cream, all you’ll accomplish is wasting product.
If you’re on the hunt for an oil to add into your routine, Levin recommends squalene, marula, or jojoba oil, since they can help with redness and won’t clog pores, given the molecule size. These natural oils will not only condition skin, but they’re also packed with essential vitamins. Gohara mentions mineral oil-based products like Vaseline are also a great choice for most skin types. Oils to avoid in skincare are argan and coconut oil, since the molecule size is larger and therefore may contribute to acne (but feel free to keep slathering them on your hair).
Jenna Rosenstein is the Beauty Director at BAZAAR.com.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
Body Oil vs. Lotion vs. Butter: Which Works Better?
Before we dive into the lotion versus oil debate, I feel compelled to preface my findings with a disclaimer: For the past several years, I have been staunchly Team Oil. As a longtime sufferer of keratosis pilaris—also delicately referred to as “chicken bump skin”—I have personally found that body oil (and in some cases, hair oil) has faded the redness and unsightly texture of this condition far more than any lotion I’ve tried. I slather myself immediately after stepping out of the shower, et voilà—I’m (relatively) bump-free.
But I’m not the only one who has a strong opinion in this arena: A quick polling of my Byrdie teammates proved that they’re very passionate about their oils, whereas my friends prefer the creamy texture of lotion. So, I had to put the call out to the experts to settle this once and for all: In the case of body oil vs. lotion, what’s the verdict for soft, healthy, supple skin?
Meet the Expert
- Gloria Noto is a makeup artist and the founder of natural skincare brand Noto Botanics.
- Rachel Nazarian is a New York City-based board-certified dermatologist.
Read on to learn more about the difference between body oil and body lotion and determine which one’s right for you.
Body Oil vs. Lotion: What’s the Difference?
Both body oil and lotion are meant to moisturize the skin, so how exactly do they differ? Oils help re-introduce lost moisture in the skin (think: post-cleansing or exfoliating). “Oils sink right into the skin,” says Noto. “It’s like food for your body.” Lotions, on the other hand, are part water-based and come in various forms to treat different skincare concerns—for example, those who are eczema-prone would turn to an itch relief lotion while someone with textured skin might reach for a smoothing lotion that targets bumps.
The Benefits of Body Oil
- Oils regulate sebum production: Oils are touted for their absorbent properties because many vegetable-based oils—avocado, jojoba, and almond, for example—mimic the natural lipids found in our skin, which is ideal for a couple reasons. For one, the similarities in structure can help repair and re-regulate your skin’s moisture barrier, which is responsible for oil production.
If you have acne-driven or oily skin, try out a face oil. No matter how counterintuitive it seems, most dermatologists say the oil helps dial down your skin’s natural sebum production since it no longer has to overcompensate for the lack of oil.
- Oils improve skin barrier function: Research shows that when these oils are absorbed by the skin, the top layers of our skin treat them as their own—resulting in a reparative, moisturized effect.
- Oils tend to be cleaner: Most oils on the market also tend to contain less questionable ingredients and additives than lotions, though label-reading never hurts. “Make sure it is as pure as possible with clean ingredients,” says Noto. “Toxic ingredients are of the past.”
The Benefits of Lotion
- Lotions moisturize dry skin: Nazarian opines that lotion has the edge over oil if we’re talking about moisturizing abilities. “Lotions are a mix of oil and water and typically work better for dry skin,” she says. “Because they’re partly water-based, they’re often better at penetrating the skin, and can deliver ingredients that improve the ability of skin to maintain moisture.”
- Lotions often contain ingredients with long-term benefits: “Look for lotions containing hyaluronic acid and ceramides—both enhance skin’s water-retaining abilities over time,” says Nazarian.
- Lotions prolong the life of your self tan: Self tanning devotees know that hydrated skin means your tan will have a longer lifespan. Just make sure you don’t lather on the lotion until you’ve let the tan develop (aka, after you shower off the tan).
You’ll need to be extra wary of phantom ingredients—or worse, ingredients that will dry your skin out more—when shopping for lotion. “Avoid gel-based products or those containing alcohol, as these products tend to dry skin more than ointments, lotions, or creams,” warns Nazarian.
How to Apply Body Oil
If you’re wondering how to use body oil, it’s actually all about timing. Because of their occlusive nature, oils will work better when your skin is wet (since it helps lock in that water) so that might be your best option directly after showering. “Immediately upon exiting the shower, gently pat skin dry with a towel, and then apply your moisturizer, mixing with droplets of water still left on skin,” advises Nazarian. “This will help lock in the maximum amount of hydration possible.” she says. If you’re looking for an extra dose of hydration for parched skin, you can layer a body oil underneath your lotion.
How to Apply Lotion
Lucas Ottone / Stocksy
So, how does lotion work best? Like body oil, lotions should be applied onto damp skin right after showering. This is especially helpful if you’re the shower-in-piping-hot-water-type, as this can tend to dry out your skin even more. You can also choose to apply body lotion over top an oil if your skin skews dry, and you can use it post-shaving to prevent the freshly exposed skin from getting dry as well as to calm any razor bumps or irritation.
Benefits of Body Butter
- Body butters hydrate parched skin: If you’re of the dry skin camp (or the cold winter air is wrecking havoc on your skin), body butters may be more your speed. While body lotions are typically a mix of water and oils, body butters are a mix of butter and oils to hydrate parched skin and promote a smooth surface (think: shea butter combined with coconut or jojoba oil).
- Body butters offer long-lasting hydration: Because of their key components of butter and oil, body butters are heavier and thicker in consistency when compared to oils and lotions, and keep your skin hydrated long after you apply. They also tend to have more of an oily finish, so if your skin is chapped or cracked, body butters are better equipped to repair it.
The Final Takeaway
It really comes down to personal preference—and timing. And for that reason, it doesn’t hurt to have both on hand. But because lotion already contains water, it can function as your “whenever” moisturizer. No matter which one you prefer, keep in mind that certain ingredients can give your formula of choice an additional boost. For example, according to Noto, if an oil is packed with other herbs and extra oils, these ingredients will do different things to repair and nourish based on the ingredient’s special components.
The 15 Best Face Oils of 2021
Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our
review process here.
We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
Once upon a time, not so long ago, “oil” was a dirty word in the skincare world, something meant to be removed, not added to your complexion. But that was before we understood just how beneficial the right facial oil can be and the important role one can play in pretty much anyone’s skincare routine. The secret to success? Ensuring you choose the right oil for your particular skin type and goals since, breaking news, not all oils are created equal. Lightweight oils, for instance, are almost traceless once blended in and feature anti-inflammatory properties—making them an excellent choice for pimple-prone and oily skin.
There’s a veritable cornucopia of options out there that can do everything from seal in moisture to balance out excess oil production and ward off breakouts (it’s true). Some single-ingredient oils are perfect for mixing into your moisturizer or applying under your makeup for a dewy glow (great for dry skin). Other bottles feature a blend of cold-pressed oils to create a luxe, almost spa-like experience that—guess what?—won’t break the bank yet can leave you with a “yes, I just got a facial” glow.
Here we’ve rounded up some of the most primo picks available in our ultimate guide to the best face oils for every skin type.
Simply put, the Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil is an absolute must for all skin types, oily included. A Byrdie-editor favorite, the formula contains nothing but virgin marula oil—no additives or fragrance—which lends a potent antioxidant boost and healthy glow, sans greasy residue. Speaking of pure oils, The Ordinary’s 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil is another top choice for its high levels of vitamin A that provide plenty of youth-boosting benefits. Plus, it’s extremely affordable. And finally, the Ghost Democracy Softglow Facial Oil is a great choice for anyone seeking radiant glow. (Who isn’t?) It’s formulated with a trio of antioxidant-rich oils that ward off spots, discoloration, and dullness.
What to Look For in a Face Oil
Targets Your Skin Concern(s)
First and foremost, board-certified dermatologist Dr. Marisa Garshick recommends shopping for a face oil based on what will target your specific skin concerns. “For example, certain oils may be better for anti-aging, such as argan oil or rosehip oil, while other oils may be best for dry skin such as maracuja, olive oil, and coconut oil,” she says. First decide on which concern(s) you’d like to address, then search for formulas accordingly—many oils on the market are blends, and may be able to target multiple of your concerns at once.
When it comes to oily or acne-prone skin types, Dr. Garshick stresses the importance of looking for formulas that are non-comedogenic. “It’s best to avoid oils that will clog the pores and potentially lead to more breakouts,” she says.
Fragrance-Free When Possible
Dr. Garshick also recommends shopping for face oils that are fragrance-free whenever possible, avoiding both added synthetic fragrance and natural fragrances such as essential oils if your skin is especially sensitive. “Many oils contain natural fragrance and extracts, and it’s important for those with sensitive skin to remember that some of these fragrances may be irritating on the skin.”
Can you use face oil on oily skin?
Believe it or not, but you can use face oils on oily skin, it just depends on the type of oil. “It’s important to select an oil that won’t clog the pores or worsen breakouts,” says Dr. Garshick. “Oils with a larger molecule size can be considered comedogenic, but those with a smaller molecule size, such as squalene and argan oil, penetrate the skin a bit better.”
Do face oils cause acne?
According to Dr. Garshick, face oils don’t necessarily cause acne. “A concern around facial oils has been that, as the name states, they contain oil which traditionally is thought to clog pores and lead to breakouts—however, not all oils are created equal,” she says. “There are oils that won’t clog the pores and as such, won’t cause acne. Additionally, oils such as tea tree oil, may even have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits and may be helpful for those with acne.”
How do you apply face oil?
When it comes to applying face oil, Dr. Garshick says that less is more. “Only a few drops are needed, and then it can be patted into the skin,” she says. “Because the oils are very concentrated, a little goes a long way. For those that prefer to rub or massage it in, it’s best to do so in an upward and outward motion.”
When should you apply face oil?
Dr. Garshick says it’s best to apply face oil after a moisturizer—and more importantly, to not necessarily treat it as a replacement for your traditional cream and lotion moisturizers. “It’s important to note that face oil does not necessarily replace a moisturizer, especially for those with dry skin,” she says. “Moisturizers may help to draw moisture in, while the oil helps to create a barrier for the skin to trap moisture in, creating a seal. Although oils may be a thinner consistency than a moisturizing cream or lotion, it’s generally best to apply them after moisturizer as they’ll help seal in moisture. If oils are applied too early in a routine, they may even prevent subsequent products from getting absorbed. It’s also best to apply them at nighttime to help repair the skin while you’re sleeping.”
14 Best Face Oils 2021
If you’re doing everything you can to combat dry skin, consider adding a facial oil to your routine. “Facial oils are a good way to complement everyday skincare products (like your daily moisturizer or night cream) for an extra moisturization boost, especially during dry winter months,” says Danusia Wnek, a chemist in the Good Housekeeping Institute Beauty Lab. “The benefits include leaving skin feeling soft, smoothing texture, and improving radiance.”
Face oils “should be applied on clean skin by gently pressing onto the face and the décolleté rather than rubbing it in,” Wnek says. “Try it when your face is damp, as applying it on wet skin will lock in moisture.” Use a small amount to start (think a drop or two) and build up if you need more. You can even add a drop to your moisturizer, and then apply it to your skin.
How we test face oils
In the GH Beauty Lab’s largest category test ever, 56 face oils across price points were label-masked, then tested by 1,112 volunteers of various skin types to narrow the field to the top 16. Our testers used the products at home in their regular routines, evaluating them for effects on skin including hydration, softening, radiance-boosting, firming, wrinkle reduction, texture smoothing, irritation, and breakouts, and attributes such as scent, dispensing, texture, and absorption.
In the Lab, scientists used the Corneometer device to measure the moisturization effects of each formula over six hours after application. In total, consumer testers answered 18,904 survey questions and 1,800 Corneometer measurements were tallied to find the winners.
So, what are the best oils for your face? Here, the best face oils you can buy for all skin types according to GH Beauty Lab testing and experts, including natural formulas for anti-aging, extremely dry skin, oily and acne-prone skin, including hydrating drugstore picks for the glowiest skin ever:
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
Best Overall Face Oil
Infusion de Rose Nourishing Oil
A combination of 10 natural oils, including sunflower and rose, increased skin’s hydration 12% over six hours in the GH Beauty Lab’s test, earning this Laura Mercier facial oil high marks. “It gave me back that dewy look I haven’t seen in so long,” one tester said. “My face has a healthy glow and looks younger, with fewer wrinkles,” another said.
- Hydrates skin over time
- Enhances skin’s glow
- Anti-aging effects
Best Value Face Oil
Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil
A winner of the GH Beauty Lab’s face oil test, this bargain-priced drugstore buy rivals high-priced standouts. The formula boasts exotic oils like argan, camelina and coconut, which led it to rate highest among testers for immediately moisturizing skin so it looked “plumper and smoother.”
- High-quality ingredients
- Instantly hydrates skin
Best Natural Face Oil
Purely Age-Defying Firming Face Oil
Jurlique’s botanically-based face oil was a high performer in the GH Beauty Lab’s test for not irritating, thanks to gentle extracts of safflower, macadamia and avocado oils. It also raised skin’s moisture levels by 9%. Testers said the plant oil blend “diminished red, splotchy areas” and made skin “balanced, even and clear.”
- Made of natural ingredients
- Calming; great for sensitive skin
Best Anti-Aging Face Oil
Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Dry Oil
This high-end La Prairie face oil is a splurge, but one that works, especially for aging skin. The “very luxurious,” “not greasy,” “easily absorbed” formula got a top score for diminishing fine lines (including crow’s feet) and improving texture. It also boosted skin’s moisture by 12%. One tester pled to know: “What is it?! I need it in my life.”
- Minimizes lines and wrinkles
- Luxurious formula moisturizes skin
Best Moisturizing Face Oil
Arctic Face Oil
Made of 99% camelina oil, plus sunflower oil and vitamin E, GH Beauty Lab testers thought this Skyn Iceland oil moisturized well and made their skin softer. “It moisturized my skin so much better than my regular moisturizer,” said one tester. But go easy with this one — a little goes a long way.
- Skin softening and hydrating
- Rich formula
Best Face Oil for Acne-Prone Skin
Retinol Clearing Oil
Yes, face oil can actually be good for acne-prone skin. Case in point: This Dermalogica formula, infused with breakout-fighting active ingredients like salicylic acid and retinol. “My skin feels so smooth after using it and I really feel like it’s helped clear my skin and given me a brighter look,” a Dermstore reviewer said.
- Contains breakout-reducing ingredients
- Scent can be polarizing
Best Face Oil for Oily Skin
VineActiv Organic Overnight Detox Oil
Oily skin can benefit from a face oil, too, like this overnight formula from Caudalie, made with balancing essential oils.”I have occasional stress-related and hormonal breakouts,” an Amazon reviewer reported. “I’ve noticed my skin is smoother with less breakouts, and has a healthy sheen without looking greasy.”
- Balances combination or oily skin
Best Face Oil for Glowing Skin
Gold Camellia Beauty Oil
For boosting skin’s radiance and glow, Tatcha’s camellia oil was top-rated among GH Beauty Lab testers. “The oil was light and my skin absorbed right away,” one shared. The floral scent was also a hit, people pointed out that it was “very light” and a “clean, natural fragrance.”
- Enhances radiance
- Lightweight formula
- Great scent
Best Face Oil for Fighting Wrinkles
Jasmine Aromatic Care
Soften the look of fine lines with Darphin’s luxurious face oil formula, based on floral essential oils like jasmine, rose, and evening primrose. “This oil soaks into crepey skin and makes it feel plump and look dewy,” GH’s beauty director says. “And the scent is gorgeous, like walking in a field of flowers in the French countryside.”
- Made with high-end essential oils; great scent
- Plumps fine lines
- Gives skin a glow
Best Face Oil for Extremely Dry Skin
Restoring Facial Oil
This infusion of plant oils (argan, carrot, jasmine, pomegranate) from Chelsey Wang is like a coddling blanket for the driest skin. “My dehydrated, eczema-prone skin drank up this thick, rich oil, and the beautiful jasmine scent doubles as aromatherapy,” GH’s beauty director says. “I have access to endless amounts of face oils, and this is one I used to the very last drop.”
- Extra nourishing rich formula
- Great scent
- May be too rich for oily or acne-prone skin
Best Face Oil for Brightening Skin
C.E.O. Glow Vitamin C + Turmeric Face Oil
Give your complexion vibrancy with this Sunday Riley face oil, a GH beauty editor go-to. “It’s perfect to layer over moisturizer at night for super bright skin in the morning,” says GH beauty assistant Katie Berohn. “The oil is not heavy at all and sinks into skin easily.” The formula also works with makeup: “Sometimes I mix a few drops with my makeup in the morning if I want to look super dewy,” she adds.
- Brightens skin with vitamin C
- Works with makeup
Best Multi-Use Face Oil
Nectar Vital Rose Drops
This concentrated rose-scented face oil from Osmia can be dropped into other skincare products as a nourishing booster or used alone. “The decadent blend of oils like argan, pumpkin, rosehip, and sandalwood are perfect for sealing moisture in and reviving tired skin,” GH’s beauty director says.
- Double-duty formula
- Nourishes and revitalizes skin
- Made with organic ingredients
Best Pure Face Oil
Virgin Marula Antioxidant Face Oil
For the ingredient minimalist, this Drunk Elephant face oil contains just one: Marula oil. “I like that this oil has no added ingredients,” Berohn notes. “It absorbs really well and is so hydrating, perfect for days when skin is extra dry.”
- No extra ingredients
- Less likely to irritate skin
- Deeply nourishing
Best Antioxidant Face Oil
Rosehip Triple C+E Firming Oil
Eminence Organic Skin Care
Eminence’s cocktail of organic oils is also laced with antioxidants for extra skincare benefits. “This sinks so well into skin and has vitamins C and E, so you also get the benefits of a serum,” Berohn says. “It’s one of the few products that I’ve actually used to the last drop.”
- Contains bonus treatment ingredients
- Made with organic extracts and oils
Danusia Wnek, Good Housekeeping Institute
Chemist, Health, Beauty & Environmental Sciences Lab
Danusia Wnek is a chemist in the Health, Beauty & Environmental Sciences Lab at the Good Housekeeping Institute, where she evaluates haircare, skincare, cosmetics and beauty and health tools.
April Franzino is the Beauty Director at Good Housekeeping, part of the Hearst Women’s Lifestyle Beauty Group.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below
7 Natural Oils for Dry Skin
Facial oils can help strike a perfect moisture balance for a parched complexion. Whereas creams often include waxes to form a layer on the skin that holds in beneficial ingredients, oils help build a resilient skin layer known as the lipid barrier as they penetrate and protect. The quick absorption of vitamins and hydrating acids in facial oils can be a saving grace when stressors like a harsh winter or travel exacerbate dryness. The right oils don’t leave your skin oily but make it smoother, moisturized and more radiant.
Loaded with linoleic acid and vitamin C, maracuja oil delivers powerful hydration to skin. This lightweight treatment derived from passion fruit absorbs well and reduces inflammation and itching—a proper choice if cold or dry weather makes your skin parched and reddened.
Derived from Morocco’s argan tree, this oil is now considered a skin care staple for its proven moisturizing abilities. Rich in anti-inflammatory linoleic acid and soothing vitamin E, studies have shown its ability to significantly increase elasticity in the skin, including a 2015 study in Clinical Interventions in Aging. It’s also a good choice for those who fear that a dry-skin oil might lead to breakouts, as the oleic acid within can also help calm sebum overproduction. It heals as it hydrates, helping minimize the appearance of scars and fine lines.
Grapeseed oil packs a strong moisturizing punch in a lightweight formulation with vitamin C, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. It can be used on all skin types, thus is excellent for skin that is uniformly dry or a combination complexion with dry areas. You also get anti-aging benefits with the extra hydration: Grapeseed oil has a stellar reputation for diminishing lines in areas of thinner, vulnerable skin on the neck and around the eyes.
Olive oil has long been hailed as a pantry cure-all for dry skin woes, thanks to its intense moisturizing ability. This non-fragrant Mediterranean food staple is chock-full of fatty acids that dry skin craves, including palmitic, linoleic and oleic acids. Olive oil is also a staple in most oil cleansers for its hydrating properties and antioxidant benefits. See your doctor if your dry skin is accompanied by red areas of dermatitis, because you may need a treatment beyond soothing moisture.
Sunflower seed oil’s healing properties stand testament to how well it can remedy your dry skin. The linoleic acid in sunflower seed oil protects and moisturizes skin, improving hydration with essential fatty acids while improving the skin barrier. Its anti-inflammatory properties are renowned for helping soothe dermatitis, and the oil can also protect sensitive skin from irritation when blended into cleansers.
The oil of the jojoba shrub, a desert plant, has been a treasured skin care ingredient for hundreds of years thanks to how it absorbs into the skin and heals dryness. Rich in skin-nourishing fatty acids, jojoba creates a protective layer on the surface of the skin that helps keep moisture in. Because of its moisturizing ability and similarity to the natural oils on your face, it can trick the skin into producing less sebum, which helps keep dry skin from becoming excessively oily during treatment.
Coconut oil is a favorite in the natural beauty world for its ability to intensely moisturize the skin and retain that moisture. It’s best for naturally dry skin and can heal extra-dry skin as it hydrates. In addition to boosting moisture levels, coconut oil also soothes skin that has felt dryness take a toll with its anti-inflammatory properties. No matter what oil you choose, always be sure to test any new product on a patch of skin, since even natural ingredients can result in an allergic reaction.
This article has been reviewed by board-certified dermatologist Dr. Matheson Harris.
DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer – Don’t Mess with Mama
A homemade skin-nourishing moisturizer with just 3 ingredients… argan oil and essential oils. This DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer is lightweight and non-greasy, yet it moisturizes deeply for glowing and clear skin.
For most of my life I’ve been using the wrong skin care. I stripped my skin with harsh cleaners to deal with problem spots and oil-free moisturizers – thinking oils were bad for my skin.
As I did more research, I found that oil is NOT the bad guy. In fact, our skin needs oil and absorbs it better and faster than a cream or lotion. So after much inner turmoil (20+ years of being brainwashed into thinking oil is bad for my skin will do that), I tried to use oil as my moisturizer.
And you know what? It’s AH-MAZING! I can’t believe I didn’t use oil on my face sooner. My skin now feels smooth, nourished and balanced and my cheeks are no longer bone dry. My nose and forehead are no longer oil slicks.
So what’s the secret? Finding the right carrier oil that works for you. A carrier oil is like a base oil. You can add essential oils according to your skin type with a carrier oil for a customized blend. Carrier oils are made from vegetables, nuts and even flowers – such as sweet almond, avocado, macadamia nut, apricot kernel, jojoba, sesame, hemp seed and rose hip. Each carrier oil has its own health benefits.
Why Use Facial Oil?
The skin needs oil to maintain a healthy balance, otherwise, it gets too dry which can cause breakouts, fine lines, and wrinkles. Using a facial oil helps keep moisture in the skin while protecting it from the environmental damage.
About the Ingredients
- Argan oil is a rare hand-pressed oil from the fruit kernels of the Moroccan Argan tree. Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, carotenes and fatty acids. It absorbs quickly without an oily feel – yet it’s very hydrating and helps to balance skin. Argan oil is great for ALL skin types and the carrier oil in this recipe.
- Frankincense essential oil has used for thousands of years and excellent for healthy-looking skin.
- Lavender essential oil is also great for the skin, particularly if you spend time out in the sun.
How to Make This DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer – Step by Step
It’s pretty easy to make this DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer. Get the full recipe and printable directions at the end of this post.
1. Add essential oils to glass dropper bottle.
2. Fill glass dropper bottle with argan oil.
3. Screw dropper top on. Shake well. Store in a cool, dry spot.
Can You Use Other Carrier Oils?
I get this question a lot and the answer is YES! In place of the argan oil (which is the carrier oil in this recipe), you can use rosehip seed oil, almond oil, avocado oil, apricot seed oil, or jojoba oil.
I’ve even used a combination of these depending on my skin and the season – for instance, when it’s summer I like to mix jojoba and argan or almond oil together. Jojoba is very good for oily or combination skin.
You can also use other essential oils. Lavender and Frankincense are the two best for all skin types. But you can add other essential oils including, Tea Tree (clarifying), Helichrysum (nourishing), or Carrot Seed (sun protection). Just be sure the total you add to the 2 oz bottle is no more than 25-30 drops of essential oil total.
How to Use this DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer
Use this facial oil moisturizer morning and night after you cleanse the skin. I use this DIY Face Wash, followed by this DIY Facial Toner, and then this DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer. Use 4-6 drops for each use, or more as needed.
Just one 2 oz bottle should last about 2-3 months, perhaps even longer depending on how much you use.
Top Tips for This DIY Facial Oil
- You can use other oils, depending on your skin and even the season. For instance, when it’s summer I like to mix jojoba and argan or almond oil together and Jojoba is very good for oily or combination skin.
- Store the facial oil in a glass container, either brown or blue work best.
- Shake well before using.
- It’s always best to avoid rubbing the oil onto your face, as it pulls the skin and can prevent the product from sinking in and being fully absorbed. Warming oil between your hands before gently pressing it onto your face is optimal absorption.
- Depending on your skin type, you can use anywhere between three and six drops of oil, once or twice per day. Naturally, the drier your skin is, the more oil you can use and the more frequently you can use it.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
More DIY Recipes You Might Like
Did you try this? Don’t forget to rate it and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Want More DIY Recipes?
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
DIY Facial Oil Moisurizier
Make your own skin-nourishing moisturizer with just 3 ingredients: argan oil and essential oils. This DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer is lightweight and non-greasy, yet it moisturizes deeply for glowing and clear skin.
Prep Time1 min
Total Time1 min
Keyword: beauty, diy skincare, facial oil moisturizer, skincare
Servings: 3 month supply
Author: Don’t Mess With Mama
Add essential oils to glass dropper bottle.
Fill glass dropper bottle with argan oil.
Screw dropper top on. Shake well. Store in a cool, dry spot.
Use morning and night after each facial wash, or as needed. I find about 4-6 drops is enough to moisturize my skin.
I find that 2 oz of this DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer lasts me about 2-3 months with daily use, twice a day (morning and night). I use about 4-6 drops for each use.
Homemade Carpet Freshener
100+ DIY Beauty + Skin Care Recipes
90,000 Oil revolution – facial oils on Elena Krygina’s blog
Facial oils are taking root more and more confidently on our dressing tables, and we no longer pass them by in stores.
We have prepared this article especially for those who have not yet decided to approach (or do not know from which side it is better to do it) to all kinds of Face Oil. We tell you what, where, why and how, and also test a huge number of face oils from different companies!
Let’s make a reservation in advance that we will talk not only about oils, but also about aromatic concentrates, which in common people are usually equated with oils.
Facial oils effectively moisturize and soften the skin, due to the fact that they penetrate much deeper than a regular cream. They make it smooth and enhance the effectiveness of the moisturizer you apply before or after the oil.
Oil is a treasure trove of nutrients, fatty acids and antioxidants that protect cells. And oils marked “anti-age” also intensely smooth the skin.
For dry, flaky and dehydrated skin, this is an absolute must-have.For normal, combined and oily – it is also very useful. But picking up “your own” will be harder, look carefully on the packaging for the inscription “non-comedogenic”.
When is it better to apply oil?
Let us remind you again the order of leaving:
- 1. Makeup remover (make-up remover, eg milk)
- 2. Cleansing (gel, foam)
- 3. Toning (lotions and tonics)
- 4.Deep cleansing or nutrition (not every day: peels, scrubs, masks)
- 5. Serum
- 6. Oil
- 7. Face Cream
- 8. Cream for the area around the eyes
There are both morning and evening oils. The first ones give the skin a charge of vivacity and intense hydration, the second ones – soothe and stimulate metabolic processes. Therefore, carefully study the instructions: AM are applied in the morning, PM – in the evening.
This concludes our educational program.Let’s start testing!
GUERLAIN Abeille Royale
It is a concentrated elixir made from several types of honey that is suitable for both morning and evening care. Heavy glass vial with large pipette. The oil has a very (very, very!) Pleasant floral honey aroma. The consistency is liquid, so the product is quickly absorbed. Ideal for makeup, does not add excessive shine to the face.
Economical consumption, three drops are enough for the face, neck and décolleté.After two months of use, the skin is smoother and fine wrinkles are less noticeable.
PLANETA ORGANICA Organic Passion Fruit Oil and Argan Oil
100% organic passionfruit oil has virtually no aroma. We do not recommend taking a bottle made of dark glass with a pipette in your purse: the rather fragile design of the lid can fail at the most inopportune moment. Suitable for any type of skin and falls into the category of “vitamins” for the face due to the large amount of minerals in the composition.The consistency is liquid, 3-5 drops are needed for three zones, since the pipette is small. We recommend using it as an evening remedy, because make-up can “roll off”.
Based on the results of testing on dry skin, two months later, the absence of any peeling and a healthy complexion in the morning was noticed. Class!
Much has been said about argan oil for face. This anti-age product promises to smooth out first wrinkles, increase skin elasticity and tighten pores.Testing!
We have already said everything about the bottle above, they are identical. The consistency is also liquid, so the consumption is small. It is better to use it as an evening remedy, for some BB creams the skin after it seems “too moisturized”, and during the day an oily sheen appears, even if it has never been there before.
According to the test results, the skin is more hydrated and elastic, but the wrinkles are in place. Therefore, it is better to use it as a preliminary measure.
CLARINS Huile Lotus and Orchidee Bleue
Our entire team has loved Clarins oils for a long time, and these are no exception.
Lotus oil is suitable for oily to combination skin, has a delicious herbal scent and is great for tightening pores. Contains rosemary, geranium, lotus and sage oils. Separately, I would like to note the bottle: it fits perfectly in the hand, closes tightly and has a pipette with a fine dispenser, so you can easily adjust the amount of oil you need. Economical consumption: the bottle lasts for 3-4 months with daily use. Light makeup will last great all day long.According to the test results, the skin is more hydrated, the pores are narrowed, and there is no excessive shine.
“And how did I live without him before !?” Exclaims our accountant who tested Orchidee Bleue face oil. The oil is instantly absorbed into the skin and perfectly moisturizes. The feeling that the moisturizer is working 200% better than before. The bottle is similar to the previous product, we will not repeat our praise.
A sweet scent that our team believes will instantly cheer you up in the morning.It is especially pleasant to catch its notes during the day. The oil intensively tones the skin and has a beneficial effect on the complexion: it becomes fresher and more radiant. Ideal for those with normal to dry skin.
KIEHL’S Midnight Recovery Concentrate
We have not met a single person for whom this concentrate would not fit. It is a nighttime treatment that intensely moisturizes, strengthens the moisture-retaining barrier and helps to restore the appearance of the skin in the morning: the skin becomes visibly firmer, smoother and softer.Suitable for all skin types. Dark blue glass bottle, large pipette, slightly thick consistency and very economical consumption. It is quickly absorbed and has a light lavender scent. In tandem with the morning concentrate (which you can read more about here), it will make the skin noticeably more hydrated and smoother after 2 weeks!
Smoothing aromatic essence with a pleasant tangerine scent. This is an anti-age product, 30+.Intensively nourishes the skin and slows down the aging process. Miniature frosted glass bottle, no pipette. Quite convenient to use with minimal consumption. Medium consistency. Does not affect makeup, therefore it can be used at any time of the day. Definitely one of our favorites.
ORGANIC SHOP Grape
It is 100% natural grape seed oil that can be used alone or mixed with creams or masks.It is suitable for all skin types, has a light grape aroma, nourishing and moisturizing properties. The bottle reminded us of the familiar Planeta Organica, so the caveats are similar.
According to the results of testing, the skin became softer and more hydrated. “Friends” not with all foundation, so we advise you to leave it for evening care.
PAYOT Nutricia Huile Satinee (Available from the Beauty Store!)
A beautiful transparent bottle with a dispenser, not a pipette.For all three zones, just two clicks are enough. The face oil has a very light sweetish aroma that disappears instantly. Provides additional hydration and nutrition to the skin, enhances the effect of the cream. It is instantly absorbed, so it goes well with makeup. Ideal oil for dry skin. After testing, the tightness disappeared, the skin is more hydrated.
DARPHIN Niaouli Aromatic Care
A miniature frosted glass bottle with a large white cap fits very comfortably in your hand.There is no pipette, but even without it, the oil is very conveniently dispensed. The product has a slightly bitter aroma, but it quickly disappears and does not cause discomfort. The consistency is liquid, so the consumption is quite small. Evening oil, works while you sleep, in combination with a night cream. According to the test results, a solid five! Facial oil moisturizes and nourishes. After 2 months of use, the skin looks much better in the morning. Very comfortable, absorbs quickly.
So, to sum up: face oils are needed by everyone.They additionally nourish the skin before makeup, take care of it at night, and enhance the effect of your face cream. But it is extremely important to choose the right oil based on the preferences of your particular skin.
And what are Lena’s favorites? We found out everything for you!
“Facial oil can help prepare the skin for tone application. But be careful with it: the oil must be very good, expensive. Look for almond, jojoba oil: in composition, they are close to the fat that the skin secretes, so they penetrate well.How to check the quality of the oil? Only the good is absorbed without a trace. If the oil remains a greasy film, it has not penetrated the skin, the tone will slip off it, and you will shine. High-quality oil is suitable for both oily and problem skin (choose rosemary, tangerine, orange): it will soothe and reduce the secretion of sebum. I vouch for Darphin oils – one drop can do wonders.
The skin should be hydrated and the radiance natural. This is why the market is flooded with facial oils.My favorite is from Estee Lauder , followed by Smashbox Primer Oil .
Oils can be applied to tone as a moisturizing product, then the foundation will blend more easily, and can even be applied over the foundation. They create radiance in the skin naturally, and you don’t need to resort to highlighters. If you are afraid of a greasy shine, fill a little oil only on the cheekbones.
The Aveda has a very low consumption, and the skin shines from it.Thanks to the oil, the foundation does not dry out during the day. As a safety factor, you can apply it before bed, and your skin will regenerate all night long. Large volume, but short shelf life, so it should be used with enviable regularity. It is very convenient to apply with massage movements, with a soft brush that comes with the kit (if you don’t have one, don’t worry, you can buy it separately). This brush allows you to apply oil in a very thin layer, gently exfoliates and polishes the particles, so the skin does not dry out throughout the day.
Decleor Aromessence Rise D’Orient is used a little at a time. It is equated in its action with serum, as it is a kind of cocktail of essential oils that is responsible for skin regeneration, and the scent of mandarin is an excellent aromatherapy. The face oil itself is unique in that it penetrates deep into the skin.
Skyn Iceland Arctic Face Oil is 99% camelina oil. It is a natural antioxidant and contains a lot of fatty acids that are beneficial for the skin.The oil restores the lipid balance and elasticity of the skin cover. With daily use, the result can be seen very soon! The oil has a very low consumption: only two drops are enough for the whole face. It is absorbed very quickly ”, – Lena.
We hope that with the help of our article you can easily find the “right” oil or concentrate!
P.S. We tested a few more oils here 🙂
So read on, tell your friends and share your impressions with us in the comments!
Light moisturizing face cream
This master class discusses the recipe and method for making a gentle moisturizer that is suitable for all skin types and all ages.Its composition is very laconic, it is not overloaded with a large number of assets and components, it contains only everything that is necessary and effective to saturate the skin with moisture, give it freshness and elasticity. Such a product is very versatile, due to the absence of fragrances and the use of a natural preservative, it acts very gently and is suitable even for very sensitive skin. An excellent option for day care, without creating a “presence effect”, it is easily absorbed without leaving a sticky and greasy feeling.And the method of its manufacture is suitable even for novice cremovars, everything is so simple that it is almost impossible to make a mistake.
We prepare all the necessary components:
According to the classic rule for making creams, all components are divided into water and fat phases. In this recipe, the fatty phase includes: the emulsifier itself Olivem and Olive oil.They must be accurately measured in one heat-resistant container.
Next, we measure in another heat-resistant container of a larger volume all the components of the aqueous phase: in this case, we take distilled water. Then we put the oil and water phase to heat in a microwave oven or in a water bath.
When heated, the main task is to dissolve Olivem and obtain a homogeneous liquid for the oil phase, and heat the water to approximately the same temperature (usually about 70 degrees).The advantage of Olivem’s emulsifier is that there is no need to accurately measure the temperatures of both phases, even if there are inaccuracies, the emulsion will still mix without stratification. In order to combine the two phases and obtain an emulsion, in this case it will be necessary to slowly pour in the oil phase to the water phase, stirring with a switched off mixer. As soon as all the contents of both containers are connected, turn on the mixer and mix for 1-2 minutes, until a homogeneous white milk is formed.
During mixing of the phases, the mixture is quite hot and looks very liquid.Before adding the assets, the emulsion must be judged to room temperature, which will preserve all their beneficial properties, as well as give the cream a thick consistency. After that. as the cream has cooled and thickened, we introduce the assets: Aquashatl and Sepitonic, they will saturate the skin with moisture, penetrating into its deepest layers, enhancing metabolism in cells, contributing to a long-lasting effect of toning and moisturizing.
After the assets are introduced, it remains only to add a natural preservative – Silver Citrate to extend the shelf life of the finished product and mix the finished cream thoroughly to evenly distribute all components.
We put the cream in jars and it is immediately ready to use!
1) In the manufacture of any cosmetics, including creams, it is important to maintain cleanliness in the room, be sure to wash your hands and tools, if possible, disinfect all containers and bottles used, which will significantly extend the shelf life of the finished product.
2) When using silver citrate, be sure to use an opaque or darkened container for storing the product.
All information presented on the site is for reference only, it is recommended to test for an individual reaction before use.
Korean face cream, how to choose
The Korean beauty industry is always trying to create the most useful care formula and take care of skin health as much as possible in the modern world.Koreans pay special attention to the condition of the face. They think carefully about the care routine and create products that can meet the needs of completely different skin types. Korean face cream is designed not only to moisturize and perform minimal functions, but also to solve many dermatological problems. Products are divided into separate types, each type is aimed at solving a specific problem. Let’s take a look at the main advantages and disadvantages of Korean face cream.
Advantages of Korean cream
- Originality and thoughtfulness of the composition.Koreans are developing a gentle and gentle formula that could satisfy the needs of all skin types. Plant extracts and extracts are often found in the formulations, which are very specific in nature and are distributed mainly in Asia. Often, such components cannot be found in the usual pharmacy or mass-market care, and luxury brands can hardly keep up with their Korean colleagues in this matter.
- High level of efficiency. Most of the products are aimed at creating an instant effect that is visible after the first use.Korean women very carefully and carefully think over their daily procedures, turning them into a ritual. Particular attention is paid to cleansing and nutrition, so each remedy should bring its own visible result. When developing the composition of a face cream, Koreans first of all direct their efforts to ensure that it is as effective as possible.
- Wide range. As in European countries, Asian products are subdivided into specific segments: mass market, luxury and premium. Consequently, they make creams completely different, and each girl will be able to choose the option that suits the budget.
- Extremely user-friendly. Cosmetics are designed with safety and ease of use in mind. Almost all products are equipped with convenient dispensers or special spatulas – this allows you to protect against the ingress of various kinds of microorganisms into the jar.
- Product miniatures. Many manufacturers release kits in mini-format, which allows you to first test each product, and then decide how useful and necessary it is for you. It is very convenient and eliminates unnecessary, ill-considered purchases.
- Bright design. Asian cosmetics bring unprecedented brightness, variety and nonchalance to beauty store shelves. She perfectly dilutes the atmosphere with unusual animalistic images, bizarre shapes and rich colors. Therefore, choosing a Korean face cream, you bring much more brightness and mood to your usual routine. These cute jars, tubes and boxes are a cozy addition to home shelves.
Disadvantages of Korean cream
We managed to find only one like this – it is difficult to read the composition.
On some products, the composition is indicated only in the manufacturer’s language. Now such creams are becoming less and less, since most of the labels have been translated into Russian.
Basic types of Korean creams
- Korean moisturizer. This is a basic product that is necessary for the owner of any skin type. Moisturizing is the key to a fresh look, firmness, tone and an even complexion. Koreans pay special attention to this stage of care, which, of course, is not without reason, because moisture is the main key to healthy and elastic skin.In order for the product to really be effective and to give the dermis only a positive result, it is necessary to take into account all the features of your skin type.
- For dry skin. Since the owners of this type of dermis do not suffer from greasy shine, they do not need a matting agent. But it should be remembered that this type needs hydration much more than all others. Overdrying, especially in winter, can lead to severe flaking, therefore, it is necessary to choose a cream with a high moisture content.Do not assume that the fatter the better. A heavy texture won’t do anyone good. The line of Korean moisturizers contains very light, airy emulsions that contain a lot of vitamins and oils that nourish the deeper layers of the skin with moisture and beneficial substances. Particular attention should be paid to products with hyaluronic acid, which traps moisture in the cells, thus saving the dermis from dryness. Women over thirty are better off staying on products that include vitamins A and C.These ingredients maintain water balance, helping to prolong youthfulness. More mature owners of a dry type are offered creams with an enhanced moisturizing effect. This is due to the fact that it is after forty years that the risk of an extreme moisture deficit increases, and, as you know, the lack of moisture leads to the wilting of the dermis. Therefore, you should pay attention to products that contain components such as collagen, elastin, natural oils and extracts from the placenta.
- For oily skin.Owners of a fatty type need to choose a cream that will help get rid of excess fat. Such a dermis is prone to all sorts of inflammation, irritation and acne, so care should be taken to include active ingredients that fight these deficiencies. There is often a false opinion that if the skin is oily, then it does not need moisturizing. In fact, this type needs moisture no less than others. Oils in the composition should be avoided, as they form a film on the face and can provoke inflammation due to the increased growth of bacteria in a greasy environment.It is better to opt for oil-free products that are rich in vitamin E, which prevent inflammation and reduce the risk of acne, as well as improve the complexion, giving it a radiant appearance.
- For combination skin. This type of skin is most often found. Its main feature is that the sebaceous glands work with different intensities in different parts of the face. Of course, you can use a cream designed for oily dermis, but the Korean industry has a better option – a product designed with combination skin in mind that will deal with both flaking and shine.
- Normal skin. This type, on the contrary, is the most rare. But the absence of visible flaws does not mean that the dermis does not require care. As you know, after thirty years, without the necessary care for the condition of the dermis, one type can be replaced by another. Fatty creams with an excess of oils, as well as gels that do not provide the necessary nutrition, are completely unacceptable for normal skin. Basically, Koreans create special semi-fat products with mild action for this type.
Rating of moisturizing creams
- Elizavecca Aqua Hyaluronic Acid Water Drop Cream – intense hydration is created due to a rich composition, including hyaluronic acid.This is a powerful ingredient that not only protects the epidermis from dryness and tightness, but also actively saturates cells with moisture. The herbal complex includes extracts of beans, almonds, aloe, lemon, camellia and other plants. These components work to restore skin health by fighting inflammation and irritation, as well as normalizing metabolic processes. The composition also contains red ginseng root, which has anti-aging properties and helps to improve skin elasticity by stimulating collagen synthesis.Milk proteins brighten, exfoliate the stratum corneum and activate metabolism. This option is suitable for owners of any skin type, as the composition is rich and harmoniously balanced.
- Mizon Water Volume Aqua Gel Cream is a cream-gel that is specially designed to bring back dry and tired dermis to life. This product is indispensable in hot summer weather, as well as in the heating season, when there is insufficient moisture in the premises. The tool not only saturates the cells with moisture, but also locks it for a long time.It contains glacier and sea water that moisturizes and nourishes facial tissues at a deeper level. Plant extracts enrich the dermis with vitamins and protect against negative environmental factors. Birch sap not only has a mild brightening effect, but also improves the complexion, evening it out and eliminating excessive pigmentation. Hyaluronic acid slows down the aging process by increasing collagen and elastin synthesis and accelerating regenerative processes. Thus, small wrinkles and scars are smoothed out, and the face acquires a rich color and a healthy and well-groomed appearance.Olive oil perfectly nourishes and enhances the moisturizing effect of the gel. This product will be a real salvation for those with a dry type of dermis.
- Premium Deoproce Green Tea Total Solution Eye Cream is a moisturizing eye cream with green tea extract that has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. This component is also a powerful biostimulant that activates metabolism, microcirculation and the immune system. Allontoin is a powerful antioxidant that not only regulates acid processes in cells, but also perfectly exfoliates the stratum corneum of the epidermis.Vitamin E rejuvenates, improves blood circulation, smoothes wrinkles, accelerates cell regeneration, and makes the skin more elastic and firm. The product provides gentle care for the area around the eyes and saturates it with the necessary amount of moisture.
- Mizon Hyaluronic Ultra Suboon Cream – a cream with 30% hyaluronic acid, which is responsible for thoroughly moisturizing the skin. The ingredient is a natural material for cells, and also forms an invisible film that prevents moisture evaporation and enhances the resistance of skin tissues to negative external attacks.Birch and bamboo sap contains a sufficient amount of beneficial trace elements that intensively nourish the skin. They have an anti-inflammatory effect and actively promote tissue renewal. Sunflower and olive oils not only soften and moisturize the skin, but also fill in uneven areas, smoothing the facial texture. Extracts of wormwood, gentian, arnica yellow, arnica bitter, yarrow and other medicinal plants normalize biochemical processes and saturate the dermis with vitamins and vitality.
- Elizavecca 24K Gold Waterdrop 2HSAM Cream Mask is a moisturizing face cream mask based on colloidal gold that stimulates metabolism and accelerates tissue regeneration. The component also actively removes toxins and toxins, improves blood circulation and promotes the rapid and thorough penetration of nutrients into tissue cells. Niacinamide lightens pigmentation, acne marks, freckles, etc. It improves complexion, tightens pores, regulates the production of subcutaneous fat and eliminates disease-causing manifestations.Red Ginseng Root Extract protects against free radicals and fights wilting and premature aging. The cream mask contains extracts of honeysuckle, purslane, plantain, sage, cornus, apricot kernels and other plants, which perfectly nourish, exfoliate dead cells, even out tone and narrow enlarged pores.
Korean Anti-Aging Cream
This is one of the most sought-after products in both the Asian and European markets. It helps to reduce the depth of age wrinkles, eliminate age spots, nourish and tone the skin.Korean anti-aging care is primarily aimed at smoothing wrinkles and lightening pigmentation. In the composition, snail mucus, collagen, peptides and even snake venom are most often found. The main advantage is that the visible effect is visible after the first use. The epidermis is smoothed out, the relief becomes smoother and tighter.
Rating anti-aging creams
- Mizon Peptide Ampoule Cream is a highly concentrated cream with a pronounced anti-aging effect.It intensively nourishes and saturates the skin with moisture, restoring it and improving its elasticity. The composition includes copper-1 tripeptide – a unique protein that can enhance the regenerative processes of cells. Thus, the epidermis has the ability to constantly renew itself. The ingredient restores the vital activity of stem cells, smoothing out wrinkles and all sorts of skin defects. Adenosine is a DNA component that promotes wound healing by stimulating collagen production and is responsible for the firmness and elasticity of the dermis.The skin is refreshed better, it becomes smoother, more even and takes on a fresh and rested look. Beta-glucan enhances immunity, and also helps to activate the process of collagen and elastin production. Thoroughly moisturizes and smoothes the relief of the epidermis, and also regulates inflammation. The composition includes many plant components: extract of raspberry, cocoa, iris, almond, lavender, etc. They perfectly nourish the dermis, saturating it with vitamins, toning and softening.
- Mizon Placenta Ampoule Cream is a multifunctional product with a highly concentrated placental extract in the base (content 45%).The combination of amino acids, enzymes, trace elements and vitamins gives deep hydration, softening, has a noticeable lifting effect, starts regeneration processes in cells and evens out the texture of the epidermis. Lavender oil has a rejuvenating effect, relieving all sorts of irritation and inflammation, as well as soothing. Allantoin prevents clogging of pores and protects against aggressive environmental factors. Hyaluronic acid is a powerful natural moisturizer that saturates the epithelium with moisture, enhances the synthesis of collagen and elastin and evens out the relief.Beta-glucan stimulates the immune system and cleanses thoroughly, relieving acne.
- 3W Clinic Premium Placenta Intensive Cream is an anti-aging product based on placental protein. This component is rich in nucleic acids, proteins and hormones that slow down the aging and aging process, restoring tone and youth to the skin. It also helps speed up healing, prevent inflammation and irritation, and activate metabolic processes. Jojoba oil nourishes the dermis with fatty acids, eliminating dryness and laxity.Thus, the appearance of wrinkles is reduced, and the epidermis becomes smoother and more elastic. The composition is saturated with plant extracts of camellia, pine bark, rice bran and plum water. These healing natural ingredients supply the skin tissues with vitamins, exfoliate the dead layer, activate metabolic processes and stimulate microcirculation. Beeswax provides intense softening and deeply nourishing. It also gives the skin a matte finish and an even rich color and has an anti-aging effect.
- Mizon Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream – contains 42% marine collagen, which thoroughly smoothes wrinkles and reduces swelling. With constant use, the process of self-production of collagen is triggered, as a result of which the aging process slows down. This product has been proven to be anti-aging by the Korea Food and Drug Administration. This cream is versatile as it can be used to treat problem areas of the skin to reduce deep wrinkles on the neck and forehead, as well as tighten the nasolabial folds.The product perfectly removes traces of fatigue and stress, smoothes crow’s feet and evens out the tone. Suitable for all skin types. Age marking 25.
- Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Cream – the product is designed to make the dermis soft and elastic. The cream has a high collagen content (75%), which makes it incredibly effective in eliminating age-related problems. The product thoroughly nourishes the skin, making it more well-groomed and rested. With regular use, wrinkles become less noticeable, the complexion is evened out, and the condition of the dermis is significantly improved.The healing effect will be most noticeable on thin, sensitive or dehydrated skin. In general, the cream is suitable for the owner of any type, as it has a very mild composition.
Revitalizing Face Cream
This product is essential when your skin needs an ambulance. The fact is that the composition of such creams is maximally aimed at restoring deeper tissues. Most often, this product is used if the dermis is dehydrated, overdried, looks tired and dull, suffers from dermatological problems, or has been deprived of any care for a long time.As a rule, such creams normalize the hydrobalance, improve color, regenerate damaged areas of the face, strengthen the immune system and heal the dermis.
Rating of repairing creams
- Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream – the product contains 92 percent of snail secretion filtrate. The concentration is so high that the agent acts in different directions and solves a whole range of problems. It acts as a powerful protection against negative environmental influences, improves skin elasticity and firmness and removes fine wrinkles.It is a versatile product that is ideal for both age-related care and as a revitalizing agent. The cream intensively nourishes the deeper layers, normalizes the hydrobalance and improves tissue regeneration. Regular use makes the skin softer, healthier, more radiant and more vitalized.
- Mizon Snail Repair Perfect Cream is an ideal restorative product designed to increase the firmness, elasticity and rejuvenation of the epidermis. The concentration of snail mucus extract here reaches 60%, which provides deep hydration and nutrition at the cellular level.The cream has a rich composition, including extracts of Scutellaria Baikal and Japanese yam, which are responsible for its sebum-regulating and antiseptic properties, as well as medicinal purslane and extracts of soybeans, cypress and oregano. These ingredients have an additional moisturizing and softening effect. The cream is suitable for all skin types and is a powerful aid in restoring a fresh and healthy look. The composition does not contain harmful substances, including artificial colors, parabens, talc, benzophene and fragrances.It is a hypoallergenic and environmentally friendly product.
- Secret Key Snail Repairing Cream is a product based on snail mucus extract. The component restores the dermis at the cellular level, removing free radicals from it. The cream is able to tighten the structure of the epidermis, giving it smoothness and elasticity. It significantly reduces the number and depth of wrinkles, and also perfectly restores the dermis, revitalizing and improving its overall appearance.
- Mizon Vita Lemon Calming Cream – a fortified cream with the addition of lemon extract, which promotes deep hydration of the epithelium, and also has a tonic effect.It regenerates, soothes and tightens the dermis, tightening enlarged pores and giving the face a fresh look and natural glow. Firmness and elasticity return. The cream is suitable for combination, problem, normal and sensitive skin. This product is especially recommended for tired and dull dermis.
- Secret Key MAYU Healing Facial Cream is ideal for rough, thin and dry skin prone to flaking, irritation and dullness. It penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin, nourishing and enriching with vitamins.The epidermis becomes denser, smoother and more elastic. The tone and complexion of the complexion improves, and the dermis becomes less capricious. The product is especially relevant in the autumn-winter period, when the skin needs careful nourishment and active protection.
Day and night Korean creams
These are products that are part of the daily routine and should provide the dermis with maximum nutrition. The main difference between the night cream is that it is more saturated with nutritional properties and the ability to restore.The fact is that at night the dermis needs more nutrition, and during the day it needs moisture and protection from environmental factors. Therefore, as a rule, the consistency of the night product is denser, but even when choosing a care product that you will apply before bedtime, you should pay attention to the lightest of the proposed textures.
Rating of day creams
- May Coop Raw Concentra for Day is a day cream based on maple sap. The product intensively nourishes the dermis with moisture, enriches it with useful microelements, protects against premature wilting and negative external factors.Maple sap molecules penetrate into the deep layers of the skin and thoroughly moisturize the dermis at the cellular level. It helps to balance water and fat balances, slow down age-related changes and eliminate inflammation. The composition includes a rich herbal complex: extracts of rice, wheat, corn, olive, cranberry, black currant, grapes, etc. They actively nourish, soften, tone up and strengthen the immune system.
- Mizon All Day Shield Fit White Tone Up Cream is a day cream with a brightening effect that perfectly moisturizes, softens, relieves fatigue, saturates cells with vitamins and vitality.It contains EPF – an active polysaccharide that creates powerful protection against UV rays, free radicals, pollution and other negative environmental factors. Tea tree oil softens, nourishes and smoothes the texture. The herbal complex, consisting of extracts of ivy, asiatic centella, lavender, lemon balm, hauttuynia cordata and other plants, saturates the dermis with vitamins, actively heals and stimulates microcirculation.
- Dr. Sea Anti-Wrinkle Facial Cream is another daytime option with UV protection.The cream is recommended for use by women over 30 years old. The composition contains minerals from the Dead Sea and dunaliella-seaweed extract, which activate the ability to increase the production of its own collagen and elastin in skin cells, which makes the relief smoother and more elastic. In addition, the product is aimed at actively fighting free radicals and deeply moisturizes.
Night Cream Rating
- May Coop Raw Concentra for Night is a maple tree sap night cream that is also enriched with an extensive herbal complex.This product not only provides gentle, softening care, but also slows down the aging process by activating the independent production of collagen. The composition contains extracts of roots of ginseng, sage, sophora, codonopsis and other plants, which have a powerful anti-aging effect, making the skin soft, firm and elastic. This is an ideal nighttime option that will help the dermis to heal while sleeping, carefully nourishing the deeper layers of the skin.
- Dr. Sea Firming Nousrishing Night Cream is a nourishing night cream suitable for all skin types.The product effectively eliminates the feeling of tightness, dryness, and also triggers the renewal process at the cellular level. The composition contains valuable minerals of the Dead Sea and vitamins of the A, C and E complex, which supply the dermis with useful trace elements and vital energy, as well as tone and soften. The skin becomes velvety and radiant, and wrinkles are less visible.
- Sea & Energy Facial Night Cream – Ginger & Rough Lemon is a light night remedy with ginger and wild lemon extracts. Penetrates deep into the dermis, nourishing and enriching with vitamins, and also initiates regenerative processes at the cellular level.Ginger stimulates the regeneration of damaged areas, helps to protect against bacteria and microbes, and also saturates with vitality. Wild lemon extract tones, brightens, intensively cleanses and evens out the tone. It perfectly exfoliates dead skin cells, renewing the upper layer of the epidermis, and eliminates excess sebum.
Korean care creams are gaining popularity in the domestic market. While developing the next jar or tube, Koreans are trying to make the product the most effective, saturating it with many natural ingredients that help keep the dermis in a well-groomed and healthy form.To find the perfect option, you should pay attention to what exactly your skin lacks the most. Try to build on your personal feelings and needs. Also carefully study the composition of the skin.
Moisturizing oil face elixir with saltwort extract MASDAR, Zeitun
Zeitun Moisturizing Oil Elixir MASDAR
Zeitun Premium MASDAR Moisturizing Oil Elixir is a real gem of your daily care, created to restore dry and dehydrated skin, eliminate visible imperfections and the effects of dehydration of any nature.
A balanced complex of 8 vegetable oils in combination with a unique extract of desert saltwort provides a complete restoration of the hydrolipid balance, increases the skin’s resistance to dryness and actively replenishes the moisture deficit in cells.
A rich oil elixir – the foundation for the proper functioning of cells, the main nourishment and basic hydration stage, especially necessary for dry and highly dehydrated skin. Its components are designed for systematic and deep penetration into the epidermis, which makes the elixir ideal for regular night care of all skin types, but can also act as a lifesaver for extremely dry skin at any time of the day.
Natural oil essence is instantly absorbed, leaving after application a feeling of 100% comfort. With regular use, “watered” skin gains radiance and softness, easily tolerates dry, hot and windy climates, heating seasons, and retains blooming youth for a long time. Does not contain silicones, mineral oils and synthetic preservatives, non-comedogenic.
Salicornia extract stimulates the synthesis of the protein aquaporin AQP3 – a biological “pump” that ensures the receipt, conduction and retention of moisture by skin cells.Soleros is one of the few plants on the planet that has adapted to survive in salt-marsh deserts in extreme drought conditions: just as a plant obtains moisture for its existence, it provides moisture to your skin under any external conditions.
Cucumber Seed Oil is one of the lightest refreshing oils, ideal for all skin types, including oily, combination and problem skin. Rich in phytosterols, it has the unique ability to stimulate the natural synthesis of hyaluronic acid in skin cells.
Grape seed oil is rich in antioxidants, effectively restores the epidermal barrier and hydrolipid mantle, enhances the skin’s natural ability to retain moisture, saturates cells with essential vitamins and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Sesame oil is one of the most effective natural moisturizers. It also contains the natural antioxidant sesamol, which additionally acts as a natural UV filter.
Application : Heat a few drops of oil in the palms of your hands or between your fingers and apply to a slightly damp, cleansed face with a patting motion.Apply daily at night or throughout the day if your skin needs extreme hydration.
Suitable for all skin types, especially dry and dehydrated skin.
Ingredients : Dicaprylyl Ether, Persea Gratissima Oil (avocado oil), Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil (grape seed oil), Cucumus Sativus Seed Oil (cucumber seed oil), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (aloe vera extract), Prunus Amycd Oil (Sweet Almond Oil), Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor Oil), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame Oil), Salicornia Deserticola Extract (Salicornia Extract), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive Oil), Jasminum Officinale Oil (jasmine essential oil), Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil (hemp oil), Citrus Amara Flower Oil (neroli essential oil), Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Tocoferol.
No. 17 PROBIOTIC MOISTURIZING GEL FOR FACE AND EYE SKIN ProBioFace Moisturizing Balance Light
Skin type: all
Applications: face, eye area
Recommended age: all
Composition and description
Universal cream-gel for the face and around the eyes from the ProBioDerm series has a unique composition developed on the basis of numerous modern discoveries in the field of cosmetology and microbiology.It contains enzymatic lysates of lactobacilli, due to which it has probiotic properties.
Bacterial lysates obtained by enzymatic hydrolysis of lactobacilli are fragments of the cell wall and their intracellular contents, including free amino acids, various peptides, peptidoglycans, disaccharides, polysaccharides, cytoplasmic fractions, vitamins gr. B and other metabolic products of bacteria. Lysates of lactobacilli in the universal face cream have the following properties:
1.They create an optimal environment for the reproduction of normal microflora on the skin surface.
2. They have a stimulating effect on local immunity and activate the resources of the epidermis, contributing to the acceleration of the growth of epidermal skin cells.
3. Normalize the biosynthetic and proliferative activity of fibroblasts, which form the basis of skin tissues
4. Stimulates regenerative processes, increasing the ability of cells to repair and regenerate.
5. Stimulates phagocytosis and production of anti-inflammatory cytokines.
6. Normalize sebum secretion.
7. They restore their own natural moisturizing factor.
8. Protect against aggressive environmental factors.
9. Activate microcirculation in the epidermis and promote collagen synthesis.
10. Possess a pronounced rejuvenating, lifting and therapeutic and prophylactic effect.
Vacuum dispensers, which are used as packaging for probiotic cosmetics, protect the contents from the ingress of bacteria, fungi and maximally limit the ingress of air inside, which allows you to preserve the structure, organoleptic characteristics, as well as the quality, effectiveness and safety of the cosmetic throughout the shelf life.
Natural ingredients, oils and plant extracts in the moisturizing cream-gel give it nourishing, regenerating, decongestant, toning, antioxidant and whitening properties, make the skin smooth and elastic, preserving its youth and beauty:
– fragrant rue oil extract has an anti-inflammatory and anti-edema effect, strengthens the capillaries of blood vessels, tones and soothes the skin;
– calendula oil extract nourishes, softens and tones, restores the natural properties of the skin, smoothes wrinkles, improves texture.Has an antiseptic effect, relieves irritation, soothes;
– provitamin B5 provides quick and deep hydration, improves keratinization of cells, retains moisture well in the layers of the skin, accelerates the regeneration of the dermis, normalizes the metabolism of skin cells, accelerates the production of collagen in the skin, smoothes wrinkles and heals microcracks;
– green tea extract has a detoxifying effect, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, enhances skin microcirculation, supplies it with oxygen, strengthens the protective barrier, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, removes excess fluid, reduces puffiness, tones and makes the skin elastic;
– sage extract moisturizes, nourishes and tones, normalizes the sebaceous glands, relieves inflammation.It soothes itching, stimulates skin regeneration, smoothes expression lines and fights the first signs of aging. Disinfects the skin and fights acne, protects against the negative effects of the environment;
– parsley extract whitens the skin and discolors age spots, smoothes wrinkles, improves complexion, moisturizes, stimulates collagen production, has a mild decongestant effect on the eyelids and reduces dark circles under the eyes;
– Butcher’s broom extract has a vasoconstrictor and anti-inflammatory effect, improves microcirculation, relieves redness;
– horsetail extract has a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect, slows down the aging process, has antimicrobial and antifungal effects;
– lactic acid moisturizes, helps to smooth the surface of the skin and smooth out fine expression lines.It has a rejuvenating and lifting effect, stimulates the formation of new skin cells and fibroblasts, which are responsible for the production of collagen and elastin, improves skin elasticity and firmness.
– cornflower hydrolat reduces puffiness and swelling, eliminates the symptoms of fatigue, makes the skin more elastic, whitens;
– cucumber hydrolat has cleansing, nourishing, refreshing and whitening properties. Effectively moisturizes and maintains the balance of moisture in the epidermis, eliminates wrinkles, increases skin turgor, and stimulates microcirculation in tissues.
Ingredients: distilled water, cornflower hydrolat, cucumber hydrolat, aromatic rue oil extract, calendula oil extract, vegetable glycerin, lactobacillus lysate Lactolysis, provitamin B5, green tea extract, sage extract, parsley extract, butcher’s extract, horsetail allan , grindox (food antioxidant based on rapeseed oil), neutralized sodium polyacrylate thickener (Austria), Sensicare M3300 preservative (COSMOS / Ecocert for “green” cosmetics), perfume composition (organic), lactic acid.
The share of natural ingredients in the composition is not less than 98%.
Method of application: apply the cream-gel to the previously cleansed skin of the face and the area around the eyes no later than an hour before bedtime and / or going outside.
Apply twice a day, morning and evening.
Contraindications: Individual intolerance to the components of the product.
Shelf life and storage conditions: store for 9 months in the original manufacturer’s packaging at a temperature of 8 to 25 C.
Volume: 50 ml.
How to use facial oils correctly in skin care
It would seem, well, what can be difficult in using oils for face : dripped on the handles, rubbed in the palms and applied to the skin. Yes? No – not everything is as simple as at first glance. Improper use of oils can clog pores and lead to irritation and acne. If you want to get the most out of your funds, take advantage of our tips.
Apply oil to damp skin
In one of her numerous interviews, Kourtney Kardashian said that her beautician Christy Kidd recommended that she use oils and oil serums on wet skin immediately after cleansing, and then “cover” them with moisturizing cream. And it changed her skin – more than no dryness , peeling and irritation. And this approach makes sense: oils do not penetrate deep into the skin, but they allow you to “seal” the moisture inside.When you apply moisturizer over oils, they act as a conduit for all the nutrients in the cream. As a result, the skin becomes denser, more hydrated and more elastic. And yes, the cream removes the greasy film that could remain from the oil.
The application of the oil to clean and clean skin is especially important when it comes to products with active ingredients such as retinol . These oils need easier, easier access to your skin and should not be stacked on top of other products.As for other oils, you can mix them with a moisturizer, but this will make your face a little greasy. Although, if you have very dry skin, then this method will work 100% – the substances will be absorbed into the skin, like water into dry earth.
Massage, no patting
If you are not using a super-active oil that contains retinol, you need to massage it into the skin with gentle movements. A face massage with oil will allow the product to be absorbed into the skin faster, and will also help to relax the facial muscles and improve blood circulation.Actually, this way the product will be more useful. After massage , you can spread the remaining oil with stroking or patting movements. If you overdo it a little, take a dry towel or napkin, apply it to your face so that they absorb the excess.
Oils with active ingredients are best applied to hands, rubbed, and then just gently apply palms to your face. As a rule, such oils are “dry” and do not leave greasy marks on the skin.
Use it as a moisturizer
A little lesson in basic chemistry: lotions or moisturizers is a combination of natural oils, essential oils or their synthetic substitutes and water.This means you can make your own moisturizer. Use your skin as a preparation bowl. Apply the oil to your skin while it is still wet to emulsify the oil with water. And it’s all! Easy and perfect! If you haven’t found a very light texture moisturizer that’s perfect for your skin, you know what to do.
Do not use oil every day
You don’t need to use the oil on a daily basis, especially if it contains a lot of antioxidants or retinol.The skin responds better if you follow the right regimen. Use peels or scrubs , serums , modern skin care systems in combination with oils, but avoid using lipids every day because they can disrupt the ph balance of the skin. Apply oils 1-2 times a week, 3 if the skin is very dry. And it is better to use oil products at night.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and don’t miss the most useful videos from Beauty HUB !
90,000 7 great moisturizers for every budget
This page may contain affiliate links.Bunddler Inc. is a professional fashion review website that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review and advertise. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.
Moisturizer is the most important product in any skin care routine. Think of the product as a protective film – it seals all the nutrients found in other stages, from toners and essences to serums and emulsions.The cream will consolidate the result and leave the skin firm, hydrated, an ideal base for applying makeup.
But not all creams are created equal. Too “heavy” and saturated weighs down the skin, and too light – tightens. The good news is that no matter what skin type or problem – dry and flaky, oily and acne-prone, sensitive and red, bumpy and patchy – there is a moisturizer for you! The hard part is finding your remedy.
To keep things simple, we’ve rounded up the best moisturizers on iHerb.There are always interesting and, most importantly, natural care products on the site. So why not try a few?
Aloe Vera Cream Gel
Although this product is not really a “cream”, use it mixed with face oil. What’s more, it has many other uses: moisturizing lips, being used as a hair serum or soothing after-shave gel, and more! With such an abundance of benefits, it’s no surprise that the product is popular with natural beauty lovers.
Nature Republic, Aloe Vera Softening & Moisturizing Gel, $ 6.48
Snail Mucin Repair Cream
Cream contains 92% snail mucin (which is known to provide intense hydration). This product from the K-beauty section is a universal option, safe for all skin types, but it works best for oily and problem skin. Apply day and night unless you have a special night product.
Mizon Snail Cream, $ 16.18
New to iHerb? Then read our
detailed INSTRUCTIONS, and for all other questions we are happy to
we will answer in the Telegram chat.
Cream for dry and sensitive skin
This Cetaphil Moisturizer has a gentle, non-comedogenic formula that helps prevent acne and other skin conditions. The cream is designed for normal to dry skin, so you can forget about the feeling of tightness for a long time.Can be used on the entire body.
CeraVe, Moisturizer, Normal to Dry Skin, $ 4.29
Gel-cream for very dry skin
Oily skin “wants” the last thing a heavy oil-based moisturizer. Instead, try this ultra-light water-gel formulation with hyaluronic acid to quench your thirst for a healthy glow.
Try the entire series at once!
Neutrogena, Hydrobust Gel Cream For Very Dry Skin, Fragrance Free, $ 18.58
Retinol Day Moisturizer
This two-in-one formula acts as a day cream and retinol treatment. It simultaneously moisturizes the skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
When applying the new formula, don’t expect instant results. Give the cream at least a week to show its full properties.
90 180 RoC, Retinol Correxion Max, Day Moisturizer, $ 24.62
Revitalizing Cream Gel
Another product from a Korean company. If you are looking for a moisturizer that will perfectly match your primer or even replace it before makeup, Mizon Mucin Repair Gel Cream is the right choice! What most buyers love about this product is the lightweight, fragrance-free formula. The cream leaves the skin soft and hydrated after the first application.
Mizon, Snail Secretion Revitalizing Cream-Gel, $ 9.35
Day cream for sensitive skin
Vegan and 99% natural, this gentle yet luxurious moisturizer contains special ingredients. Alpine rose stem cells soothe and moisturize sensitive skin, pomegranate brightens the complexion, and hyaluronic acid and aloe vera protect against moisture loss. It smells slightly of roses but is not irritating. Apply it daily after toner application and your face will remain very smooth and hydrated throughout the day.
Make-up easily adheres to the skin without applying a special base.
Andalou Naturals, Day Cream, Sensitive Skin, 1000 Roses, $ 19.96