Rose thorns poison: The request could not be satisfied
Beware thorn punctures; they can make you sick
Pruning roses, blackberries, pyracantha, bougainvillea and other thorny plants is a potentially hazardous gardening activity. The sharp thorns on these plants can cut and poke holes in your skin, and the small wounds provide an entry point for pathogenic organisms. This need not keep you from growing thorny plants if you take some simple precautions.
Gardens are full of microbes. Most are benign but a few can be harmful. Having healthy, unbroken skin is your first line of defense against infection.
The best way to protect your skin while pruning is by wearing protective clothing such as gloves, a long-sleeved shirt, long pants and shoes that cover your feet. Depending on the situation, you should also wear safety glasses or goggles to protect your eyes and a dust mask or respirator to protect your lungs from airborne particles.
Each year some people in the county usually get sporotrichosis, also known as rose thorn or rose gardener disease. It results from infection by the fungus Sporothrix schenckii and related species that are present in soil and on living and dead plant material. People who handle thorny plants, sphagnum moss or bales of hay are at increased risk of getting sporotrichosis.
The fungal disease usually affects the skin on the fingers, hands or arms. Rare forms can also affect the lungs, joints, bones and even the brain. Infection is more common among people with a weakened immune system but can also occur in otherwise healthy people.
Wear sturdy gloves to protect your skin when pruning roses and other thorny plants.
( / Getty Images)
The first symptoms of sporotrichosis usually appear one to 10 weeks after the initial exposure to the fungus. Cutaneous or skin infections are the most common form of the disease and occur when spores enter the body through small cuts, punctures or other breaks in the skin. Symptoms include nodular lesions or bumps in the skin at the point of entry and along lymphatic channels.
The lesion starts out small and painless and ranges in color from pink to purple. Left untreated, the lesion becomes larger and looks similar to a boil. More lesions can appear until a chronic ulcer develops.
Individuals who may have sporotrichosis should seek medical care. Skin infections are diagnosed by sending a swab or biopsy to a lab for fungal culture. Infection can be treated with antifungal medication.
Good sanitation practices should be employed in a garden throughout the year to help control certain pests and diseases. A cleanup now as winter approaches can help prevent infestations next year.
If you have fruit trees, dispose of fruit that has fallen on the ground and any fruit on trees that is overripe, damaged or decayed and dried out (called “mummies”). Place the fruit in a plastic bag and dispose of it in the trash. Fruit placed in a compost pile can attract vertebrate pests. Also, insects of diseases the fruit may contain will not be killed unless the compost pile heats up to a temperature of 140-160 F.
The African fig fly (Zaprionus indianus) detected for the first time this year in Los Angeles and San Diego counties could become a troublesome pest of figs. The adult fly often lays eggs around the small opening at the bottom of edible figs, and larvae enter the fruit. If you find small, cylindrical white larvae in figs, submit a sample to the county agriculture department for identification. The fly also lays eggs on overripe and damaged fruit of many hosts, including avocado, citrus, berries, grape, loquat, guava, peach, persimmon and other fruit.
Lazaneo is an urban horticulture adviser emeritus with the University of California Cooperative Extension.
Avoiding Skin Irritations and Injuries Caused by Plants
Farming and gardening activities involve direct contact with various plant species. While most plants are harmless, there are certain plants that can cause varying degrees of skin irritations and injuries. Some people are more sensitive to certain plants than others. It is important to identify potentially dangerous plants and know how to avoid contact whenever possible.
When contact is unavoidable, certain precautions should be made both during and after contact to minimize the severity of reaction or injury. Generally, there are five categories of harmful plants: poisonous plants, allergenic plants (and plant parts), skin-irritant plants, stinging plants and thorn/prickle plants.
Poisonous plants include poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac.
• Plants in this category contain urushiol, a toxin that is present in the sap of the plant.
• Touching these plants can cause skin rashes and blisters.
Allergenic plants (and plant parts) include orchids, tulip bulbs, chrysanthemums, ragweed and dahlias.
• Plants of this type can trigger allergic reactions in some people.
• The pollen from these plants can cause hay fever or asthmatic symptoms.
Skin-irritant plants include poinsettias, daffodils, hyacinths and buttercups.
• These plants can cause mild skin irritations such as redness and itchiness.
Stinging plants have nettles, which are stinging hairs.
• Touching a nettle can cause a toxic reaction, but the reaction does not last long and has no lasting effect.
Thorn/prickle plants include thistles, roses, blackberry and raspberry bushes, and locust and hawthorn trees.
• Thorns can penetrate clothing, gloves and shoes.
• Infection can result from an embedded thorn.
• A scratch can lead to infection, especially if exposed to pathogens.
How to Avoid Skin Irritations
When handling or working around plants, wear gloves, a long-sleeve shirt, long pants, and work shoes or boots. Do not wear open-toed shoes or sandals. Also follow these precautions:
• Avoid burning plants that might be toxic, because toxins can still be present in the smoke.
• Be familiar with poisonous plants likely found in the area, and learn how to identify them.
• Avoid eating wild berries or plant leaves.
• Wash your hands and other exposed skin after handling plants, especially before eating, drinking, smoking or using the restroom.
• Wash contaminated clothes separately in hot water and detergent. Clean shoes or boots with rubbing alcohol and water.
• Seek treatment immediately if a severe rash or blisters develop.
How to Avoid Skin Injuries
• When handling or working around plants that contain thorns, wear heavy-duty leather gloves and hard-soled shoes or work boots.
• Wear eye protection to avoid eye injury caused by walking into plants or being struck by branches or limbs.
• Avoid direct contact with the sections of the plants containing thorns. Use a tool or grab stick to pick up or move branches.
• Jepsen, S.D., Michael Wonacott, Peter Ling, and Thomas Bean. Tailgate Safety Training for Landscaping and Horticultural Services: Skin Irritations Caused by Plants, AEX-192.1.69. Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Extension, 2006.
Reviewer: Kent McGuire, CFAES Safety and Health Coordinator, Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering
The Debunker: Does Every Rose Have Its Thorn?
Spring is turning to summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, and the world is in blossom. Flowers always make me think of Chairman Mao, who once vowed to “let a hundred flowers bloom” in China, meaning that the nation would be healthier if a diversity of ideas could compete for attention. But in real life, sometimes the wrong flowers win the war of ideas, leading us up a primrose path of misconceptions and misinformation. This month, Jeopardy! champ Ken Jennings digs up all kinds of floral falsehoods from the fertile soil of his mind, separating the weeds of legend from the pick-me-up bouquet… of truth.
Flower Myth #4: Every Rose Has Its Thorn.
I hate to second-guess the musical genius of Poison, especially since astronomers have proven that every night has its dawn, and I have to assume that every cowboy sings a sad, sad song at least occasionally. But, surprisingly, rose plants don’t have thorns—botanically speaking, that is.
In technical terms, a thorn isn’t just any pointy part of a plant: it must be a specially adapted stem or branch, like the sharp tips of a hawthorn shrub. Spines are modified leaves, like the pointy things that cover cacti. What roses (and blackberries and many other common plants) have instead are called prickles—specially modified hairs. Prickles, unlike thorns and spines, don’t contain vascular tissue. All three structures probably evolved for the same purpose—a defense mechanism against hungry herbivores—but they have very different morphologies.
Thorns aren’t the only case where popular and botanical definitions of the same word can be very different. For example: have you ever pulled the petals off a daisy? No you haven’t! Petals are parts of a single flower’s corolla, but the head of a daisy is technically made up of lots of individual flowers: the “disk flowers” in the center surrounded by “ray flowers” around the outside. No petals anywhere—each of the white things is its own flower. I guess what I’m saying is that botanists are a huge bunch of killjoys and if the guys from Poison ever run into them in a dark alley sometime, there’s gonna be trouble.
Quick Quiz: What island are you visiting if the local alphabet still includes the thorn, an old runic letter for the “th” sound?
Ken Jennings is the author of Brainiac, Ken Jennings’s Trivia Almanac, and Maphead. He’s also the proud owner of an underwhelming Bag o’ Crap. Follow him at ken-jennings.com or on Twitter as @KenJennings.
Photo by Flickr user DBduo Photography. Used under a Creative Commons License.
2154 0 obj > endobj
0000000016 00000 n
0000003349 00000 n
0000003544 00000 n
0000003582 00000 n
0000004359 00000 n
0000004769 00000 n
0000005177 00000 n
0000005642 00000 n
0000005864 00000 n
0000005903 00000 n
0000005953 00000 n
0000006004 00000 n
0000006119 00000 n
0000006451 00000 n
0000006860 00000 n
0000007222 00000 n
0000007634 00000 n
0000007934 00000 n
0000008251 00000 n
0000015082 00000 n
0000021281 00000 n
0000027650 00000 n
0000034569 00000 n
0000041359 00000 n
0000048252 00000 n
0000048804 00000 n
0000048889 00000 n
0000049444 00000 n
0000050047 00000 n
0000055898 00000 n
0000060010 00000 n
0000062661 00000 n
0000064458 00000 n
0000067638 00000 n
0000068287 00000 n
0000072257 00000 n
0000072378 00000 n
0000072851 00000 n
0000072977 00000 n
0000073102 00000 n
0000073228 00000 n
0000073342 00000 n
0000074840 00000 n
0000075183 00000 n
0000075573 00000 n
0000107876 00000 n
0000107917 00000 n
0000108287 00000 n
0000108518 00000 n
0000108642 00000 n
0000108799 00000 n
0000109196 00000 n
0000109295 00000 n
0000109452 00000 n
0000109841 00000 n
0000110073 00000 n
0000110197 00000 n
0000110354 00000 n
0000110431 00000 n
0000157353 00000 n
0000157981 00000 n
0000158058 00000 n
0000158786 00000 n
0000158863 00000 n
0000159577 00000 n
0000159654 00000 n
0000160212 00000 n
0000160289 00000 n
0000160857 00000 n
0000222814 00000 n
0000224647 00000 n
0000226013 00000 n
0000226744 00000 n
0000230965 00000 n
0000001796 00000 n
2228 0 obj >stream
are crabapple thorns poisonous
Hawthorne. Holly (NEVER the berries) Ivy (NEVER the berries or flower) Maple (not to many keys) Oak but NEVER use oak apples or acorns. Non-Toxic. Thornless hawthorns do exist, however, so this isn’t always a reliable identification method. As with all nutritional toxicology, it is the size of the dose, and the Wild apple varieties are much smaller than cultivated kinds; the largest kinds usually do not exceed 5 to 7.5 centimeters (2 to 3 inches) in diameter, and most often are smaller. Daphne laureola. Some crabapple fruit trees are more palatable than others. Honey locust thorns are branched, and are found in clusters on the trunk. A couple good varieties for cooking are Chestnut and Whitney. Add some rosy color to your landscape with ‘Adams’ flowering crabapple.Its abundant semidouble deep pink blooms are followed by small, glossy, red crabapples with blood-red pulp. These tiny, tart apples can be a healthy treat for dogs, if served properly. The upper surface is dark green above and paler underneath. The Non-Toxic and Toxic wood list is thanks to Mario D. Vaden: M. D. Vaden – Trees & Landcapes. The hedge apple or Osage orange may look like an orange but it is actually a member of the mulberry family. bettesson Byron, CA Sep 26, 2008. They are however ‘aposematic'(initially coloured as a warning to herbivores and humans) and recently … have a bright red skin, lightly frecked. Click on a specific scientific name to learn more about the plant. Some consumers call crabapples wild apples, since the trees and fruit have a more wild look. They may look pretty, but crabapple trees are not safe for dogs. The manchineel tree (Hippomane mancinella) is a species of flowering plant in the spurge family (Euphorbiaceae).Its native range stretches from tropical southern North America to northern South America.. Wild plum, also called American plum is a small, fast-growing, short-lived, colony-forming native tree, commonly found along fencerows, open fields, and roadsides. Common name: crab apple. This information has been gathered from a variety of resources and discussions with other goat owners, county extensions, research projects as well as my own day to day findings and hands on experiences. https://www.hunker.com/13418872/is-a-crab-apple-tree-poisonous-to-children When introduced in the United States as an ornamental tree, it thrived. Short, rough thorns on the branches are typical of crabapple trees. Major Toxicity: These plants may cause serious illness or death. Hybrid flowering crabapple cultivars either do not have thorns or only develop thorns on mature trees. ; Plant thorn arthritis typically affects only a single joint — the joint that was pierced by the plant thorn. Crabapple trees belong to the genus Malus, a member of the thorny rose family of plants (Rosaceae), hence the numerous thorns on wild species. A common distinguishing factor is the number of thorns, as black locust tends to have more subtle and a lower number of thorns. Fruit from ornamental crabapple trees can be somewhat bitter. If you find an ornamental tree that produces tasty but small fruit, consider using the fruit in recipes that don’t require peeling or coring to save time, such as apple butter or apple jelly. my thumb was punctured with a crab apple thorn in the large joint on thumb. Looks rather like the crabapple. In younger trees, the bark is smooth and gray, as seen on a branch of the hawthorn . The fruit matures in the fall, persists in the winter, and attracts birds.This tree’s green leaves also have reddish tints in spring, and turn orange and red in the fall. This chemical is better known as cyanide, which is poisonous to dogs of any age. With their sharpness and size, a hawthorn tree’s thorns can cause serious wounds. ; Plant thorn arthritis causes the involved joint to be swollen, slightly reddish, stiff, and painful. Call the Helpline. This information has been gathered from a variety of resources and discussions with other goat owners, county extensions, research projects as well as my own day to day findings and hands on experiences. This is probably the most dangerous plant in North America to touch. Sacred thorn-apple is a member of the nightshade family (Solanaceae). Its unique deep purple cutleaf foliage in the summer is an outstanding ornamental feature. They turn yellow in the fall. One plant that deserves mention as it occasionally appears in gardens as an exotic ornamental is the Chinese Snake Tree. Rowan (Mountain Ash) Sorbus aucuparia Often a slender tree, The Osage-orange is a small- to medium-sized tree. The crab apple tree itself is not toxic to humans, even little children, if gnawed on or swallowed. Wild crab apple or wild apple (Malus species) Wild apple, also known as Crab Apples or Crabs, are a tree that grow to 13-39 feet tall with a dense, twiggy crown. Thorn pricks. A few are close to the trail edge, though you might nonetheless want to practice crabapple social distancing on account of mud, thorns, and poison ivy. Crabapple trees belong to the genus Malus, a member of the thorny rose family of plants (Rosaceae), hence the numerous thorns on wild species. Hawthorne thorns are not poisonous. Acacia Don’t, what ever you do, prick your finger on the thorns because you’ll get an infection gauranteed! The flesh of the fruit is not dangerous, but what dog do you know that will peel, deseed, and core a crabapple they find on the ground? Thorn pricks. They are produced by the Osage-orange (Maclura pomifera). It typically has a short trunk and a rounded or irregular crown. The twigs are buff to orang… Hawthorn, Russian olive, honey locust, Osage orange, American holly, crabapple, and American plums are all commonly found in North America. I have a tree on our ranch that every fall leaves these fruits on the ground. Hazel. Dolgo and Centennial are varieties that are sweet enough to eat right off the tree. Russian olive tree thorns are found on the ends of its twigs. While it is a bit more susceptible to diseases than other crabapple trees, it is still one of the toughest trees, good for Zone 2a. In autumn, the foliage turns a mix of orange, scarlet, bronze, and purple. Hopa Flowering Crab blooms as fragrant pink-rose flowers with white stars in the center. These crystals can irritate the skin, mouth, tongue, and throat, resulting in throat swelling, breathing difficulties, burning pain, and stomach upset. The yellow-green fruit are commonly call “hedge apples.” You need to be watchful. Most members of the crown of thorn’s genus, Euphorbia, produce a thick white sap called latex that bleeds from the stem if it is damaged. Each cherry tree blossom has only one style. Thorn Wound Dangers. Wash the affected area of skin with soap and water as soon as possible after contact. It is generally not eaten by people or wildlife. Posted by Kurt Moser at 10:20:00 PM. Phonetic Spelling PROO-nus ah-mer-ih-KAY-nah This plant has low severity poison characteristics. The easy-to-grow crabapple tree, Royal Raindrops (which has the unfortunate variety name ‘JFS-KW5’) begins the season with magenta pink blooms that develop into persistent red fruits. Image Sources pixabay. He should clean the area with hydrogen peroxide or betadine solution. This section contains a listing of plants “known to be poisonous” or “possibly known to be poisonous” to goats. One of the ancestors of the cultivated apple (of which there are more than 6,000 varieties), it can live to up to 100 years. The Best Crabapple Trees for Your Garden By Erik A. Draper, James A. Chatfield, and Kenneth D. Cochran | March 1, 2005 As cooperative extension specialists and researchers based in Ohio, we’re often asked to recommend small (under 25 feet), low-maintenance trees that … The average flowering period is about 10 days, although very hot days or windy conditions with rain can cut this down to 5-6 days. The Osage-orange is a small- to medium-sized tree. Some articles state that crabapples are toxic to dogs, some say they are not toxic. While many people claim that they are a good natural pest repellent, it is only in concentrated amounts that it is effective. The idea of the steps is to gradually expose your body to the plant and see if any reaction occurs. Size: Up to 25 feet tall and wide. Most members of the crown of thorn’s genus, Euphorbia, produce a thick white sap called latex that bleeds from the stem if it is damaged. It is poisonous if ingested in large quantities, and can cause a poison oak-like rash when it comes in contact with skin. Some botanists say that crabapple leaves, stems, and flowers are indeed poisonous, while others share recipes for jams and pies. When pruning, heavy gloves and goggles should … Brambles (useful if goat is scouring). It is also one of the biggest at 25 feet. Stay healthy, and enjoy the park trails responsibly! The tart flesh of crab apples doesn’t contain the poisonous substance. Sacred thorn-apple (Datura wrightii)By Charlie McDonald. Any of the treatments you use in your garden for the health of your roses can provoke an inflammatory reaction when injected by a scratch or prick. Laurel appears on most toxic lists. Better not ignore a thorn prick. inermis. Wildlife love the fruits of the Bradford or Callery pear and an abundance of trees are spread via birds and squirrels, appearing seemingly out of nowhere overnight. Pyrus calleryana ‘Bradford’ certainly has its negatives but its berries being poisonous is not one of them. Most poison emergencies can be resolved quickly over the phone. This large family of about 2,000 species abounds in plants with medicinal or poisonous properties, and family members like potato, tomato, eggplant, red pepper, and tobacco are of great economic importance. Larkspur is another poisonous flower that has affected cattle’s heavily in the western US. Call 1-800-222-1222 if you are concerned that you or someone else has been exposed to a potentially harmful substance. More. Before installing them in any cage, scrub all branches with a non-toxic disinfectant, then rinse and dry well (preferably in the sun.) POISONOUS PART: leaves, flowers. Email This BlogThis! Other common plant names include hedge apple, bodark, bois d’arc, and bowwood. A simple thorn prick may lead to serious medical emergencies like cellulitis, abscess formation, lymphangitis, synovitis or even sepsis or shock like condition. Honey locust has a toxic lookalike by the name of black locust (Robinia pseudoacacia). Mark unread; Skip to new; Mark unread Print Skip to new. You can serve these berries as treats and snacks after the main meal. In the US there are 4 native crab apple species to look out for. Spurge laurel is a shade-tolerant ornamental shrub with shiny, dark evergreen leaves and light green flowers. Each dominant in different climates and areas. A common misconception is that crab apples are toxic. Pink Spires Flowering Crab grows a bit narrower than other trees to about 15 feet. Most Laurel species are toxic but the Mediterranean Laurel is safe. Most commonly, plant toxins are a deterrent to herbivores that might consume foliage but are not toxic simply to the touch or even with skin penetration. Crab apple thorns appear only on older wood, and usually bear buds or leaves. poisonous berries are held in pyramidal clusters above small, persistent leaves. When these trees are heavily berried they can become messy, and as you have found out they are attractive to birds, squirrels, and other animals. SOLVED: tree with poisonous thorn and fruit. Hybrid flowering crabapple cultivars either do not have thorns or only develop thorns on mature trees. See below Description. This section contains a listing of plants “known to be poisonous” or “possibly known to be poisonous” to goats. Call your vet or the ASPCA Poison Control Hotline for Pets: (888) 4ANI-HELP or (888) 426-4435 – open 24/7 immediately (A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card). Bark is dark gray, breaking into long flat plates that curl along the edges. Soft wood, green wood, and big wood will … The rashes may be very serious and painful. 4. The Universal Edibility Test is a series of steps you take to determine whether a plant is poisonous or safe to eat. Eating Fruit of Crabapple Trees. Hawthorn berries sometimes have a dry, mealy texture, which can help distinguish them from crab apples. Crabapple trees belong to the genus Malus, a member of the thorny rose family of plants (Rosaceae), hence the numerous thorns on wild species. The fact is that – YES – crabapples are toxic to dogs. Count the styles. Some crabapple fruit trees are more palatable than others. The stems are succulent and covered with very sharp thorns. With fruit trees, you have to be concerned about the horse eating not only the fruit but also the pits, leaves and bark. Though the flesh of the apple is safe, the leaves, stems and pips are all toxic to mammals – even humans, if they consume a large quantity. SYMPTOMS: bumps on skin, oozing sores. Crabapple trees belong to the genus Malus, a member of the thorny rose family of plants (Rosaceae), hence the numerous thorns on wild species. Call the Poison Control Center or your doctor if symptoms appear following contact with … This is probably the most dangerous plant in North America to touch. The small fruits may be yellow to red … One tree can be used to make all of the following: Battle Axe handles, Cannon wheels, Siege Ladders, Siege Towers, Archery Bows, Crucifixion Crosses, Giant Arks, a Crown of Thorns, a spear/lance/pilum handle, and more. … Thorns up to 3 inches long are both a liability and an asset, so try thornless cockspur, Crataegus crusgalli var. The following materials are not safe if toxic chemicals or insecticides have been sprayed on them. The Cecropia moth caterpillar is a type of large green caterpillar with yellow and blue nodules. So can various bacteria and simple dirt. Class B Washington State Noxious Weed. Leaf or needle arrangement, size, shape, and texture: Leaves are alternate and pinnately compound or bi-pinnately compound, with 20 to 30 oval leaflets. A simple thorn prick may lead to serious medical emergencies like cellulitis, abscess formation, lymphangitis, synovitis or even sepsis or shock like condition. Sacred thorn-apple (Datura wrightii)By Charlie McDonald. The South Carolina Forestry Commission has cautioned against planting the trees: “Do not plant Callery or Bradford pear. The main problem is that the thorns can cause an infection if not treated properly. It has the same poison in it as the Poison Ivy, Western Poison Ivy and Poison Oak, but in much higher concentrations. Are crab apples poisonous? Crab Apples Crabapple trees belong to the genus Malus, a member of the thorny rose family of plants (Rosaceae), hence the numerous thorns on wild species. Hybrid flowering crabapple cultivars either do not have thorns or only develop thorns on mature trees. Mature trees grow to around 10m in height. It’s common to get pricked by a thorn while working in the garden, plucking flowers, fruits or vegetables. As per your description, mesquite tree thorns are poisonous and can cause a reaction but they are not known to cause death or any serious injury. The only concern with crab apples are the fruit seeds, also called pips, which contain trace amounts of amygdalin. You need to be watchful. The native honey-locust has long thorns on stems and bark; f. inermis does not. If you’re worried that crab apple fruit is dangerous, remove the core, stem, leaves and any seeds from the fruit before use. Some trees can produce more than others and, depending on the year, quantity can vary. There is only one tree species with poisonous thorns, the black locust, that is … Plant thorn arthritis is a noninfectious inflammation of a joint as a result of a thorn puncturing the joint and leaving residual plant matter lodged within the joint. Peak crabapple bloom time is mid-spring to late spring, depending on regions and varieties. Plums appear in late summer. Burning driftwood, oleander, or painted or treated wood can release toxic or harmful chemicals into the air. Listing for Malus (Crab Apple) Malus or Crab apples must surely be among the most useful of all the ornamental trees, as they are one of the most hardy and easily grown trees available. Pawpaw (Asimina Triloba) Pawpaw trees have foot-long leaves and tropical-looking fruits with a flavor described as a cross between an avocado and a sweet mango. The best part of strawberries for dogs is that it is practically non-toxic. The ovary is the part of the tree that becomes the fruit. Dogs Cats Acacia Tree or Shrub Whistling Thorn Plant, Golden Wattle; many species Acacia longifolia; many species d c All Parts Acer Sanguineum Carolina Maple, Curled Maple, Red Maple, Rufacer Maple, Acer Sanguineum d c All parts, especially … In early October this past year, a devoted group of foresters, farmers, extension educations, students, and others gathered at the USDA Plant Materials Center in Big Flats, NY to discuss a common, yet underappreciated tree that has great potential for farms across the Northeast: Black Locust (Robinia pseudoacacia). However crab apples are known to hybridize easily, so a crab apple tree growing in your yard, or in the local woodland may be a hybrid! This tree, which has often been given… 3. Minor Toxicity: Ingestion of these plants may cause minor illnesses such as vomiting or diarrhea. Pyrus calleryana ‘Bradford’ certainly has its negatives but its berries being poisonous is not one of them. When these trees are heavily berried they can become messy, and as you have found out they are attractive to birds, squirrels, and other animals. Jack-in-the-pulpit (Three-leaved indian turnip, Devil’s dear, Wake robin, Starch wort, Wild turnip, Dragon root, Bog onion, Pepper turnip, Brown dragon, Memory root) | Scientific Names: Arisaema triphyllum | … 3. Depending on the tree, each part may present a separate danger. Abundant tiny white flowers open before the leaves emerge in spring. This way, if the plant is poisonous, you won’t get it in a high dose and any negative effects will be minimal. A: Orchards can be wonderful for the family but are not always the best for your horse. The thorn on a rose stem provides an excellent device for injecting infectious material into your skin. The trees contain a toxin that, depending on the amount ingested, can cause minor reactions, such as gastrointestinal upset, to serious reactions, such as respiratory failure and death. Dermatitis: The juice, sap, or thorns of these plants may cause a skin rash or irritation. https://balconygardenweb.com/poisonous-plants-for-dogs-toxic-to Watch Reply. If you do not find what you are looking for on this list, please make inquiry to Cornell University or do a … The toxicity level in the plants is high during the early growth stage, but in flowers, the toxin level increases even late in the season as well. It is poisonous if ingested in large quantities, and can cause a poison oak-like rash when it comes in contact with skin. The Cecropia caterpillar ( Hyalophora cecropia) is one of the largest and unique-looking green caterpillars you will come across. In the same manner people ask is a thorn tree poisonous? A berry without toxins is the ideal sweet treat for all kinds of pets. Ash (take care not to feed the keys). For the most part, however, crabapple owners prefer to cook the fruit into preserves, butters, sauces, and pies. The Southern, Oregon, Prairie and Sweet Crabapple. These are small to medium trees, reaching a height of around 15 to 30 feet. Scientific name: Malus sylvestris. Why we love it: Hawthorns tolerate drought, grow in almost any kind of soil and produce fall color. Double-flowering crabapples generally have a … When a plant does develop toxic thorns, it is because the plant itself is highly toxic overall. This is a guide about what hedge apples are good for. POISONOUS TO: Keep in mind that toxicity levels will vary based on the level of contact with the flowers. Origin: native. centers are usually hybrids, and are bred not to have thorns. Some trees can produce more than others and, depending on the year, quantity can vary. Other common plant names include hedge apple, bodark, bois d’arc, and bowwood. Having healthy, unbroken skin is your first line of defense against infection. Achillea millefolium. 3. They are produced by the Osage-orange ( Maclura pomifera ). NOTE: Remove Crabapple SEEDS that are considered toxic. The yellow-green fruit are commonly call “hedge apples.” It’s common to get pricked by a thorn while working in the garden, plucking flowers, fruits or vegetables. the thumb swelled soon after and was very painful. The black locust inhabits the same native range, and can be found in similar habitats. My son planted 10 fresh orange seeds 2 yrs ago, and they have thorns on … The chemicals in these parts of the crab apple tree are converted to cyanide when ingested. Please keep in mind that not all listed plants are safe for all house pets, so if you own a dog, cat, or a rabbit check the toxic list of plants for those animals.Aloe Vera, for example, is safe for birds but is on ASPCA’s list as a poisonous plant for cats, dogs, and rabbits. Hybrid flowering crabapple cultivars either do not have thorns or only develop thorns on mature trees. Sacred thorn-apple is a member of the nightshade family (Solanaceae). There is a main trunk that on average, at maturity, can reach between 15 and 20 cm (about 8”) in diametre. Dolgo and Centennial are varieties that are sweet enough to eat right off the tree. As a general rule, crabapple trees are smaller than regular apple trees, and they may develop twisted, gnarled branches and thorns. The thorns of the American holly grow on the edges of its leaves. Hawthorn bark is gray with shallow, longitudinal fissures with narrow ridges. The stems are succulent and covered with very sharp thorns. Beautiful in color and form, the Bradford pear tree is native to Asia. 2 days have passed and the thumb is stiff hurts to touch and the swelling has moved to the top of my hand.i soaked with epsons salts, iced, but no luck. This is not the case, as long as you don’t eat the core and seeds, just like with bigger apples, they’re … Most are benign but a few can be harmful. Some trees, like crab trees that flower, look a lot like cherry trees. Poison Sumac (Toxicodendron vernix) – closely related to both the Poison Ivy, Western Poison Ivy and Poison Oak. Crab apple trees pollinate other apple varieties. If you are unsure as to whether or not a plant or seed is safe for your dog, call the Pet Poison Helpline at (855) 764-7661 or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at … You need two varieties of pawpaw trees for cross-pollination to produce the fruits. Because, just like a full-size apple, crab apple stems, seeds, and leaves contain the chemical cyanogenic glycoside. Eating a huge amount of crab apple seeds can cause problems. Oxalates: The juice or sap of these plants contains needle-shaped oxalate crystals. Hybrid flowering crabapple cultivars either do not have thorns or only develop thorns on mature trees. Both apples and crab apples belong to the same plant genus, Malus. Genetically, they differ only in flower color and fruit size. Crab apple trees sometimes fail to produce fruits or their mature fruits grow no larger than 2 inches in diameter. The crab apple tree itself is not toxic to humans,… Another method of protection is for a plant to produce chemicals that either kill or deter an animal or insect from eating that plant. Plants that have both toxic chemicals and thorns are equipped to handle many different threats. The crown of thorns (Euphorbia milii) is a popular houseplant that is native to Madagascar. It commonly grows 30 to 40 feet tall, occasionally as tall as 50 to 60 feet. Crown of Thorns aka Christ Plant, Christ Thorn, Crown of Thorns Toxic Principle: Miliamines, Terpenes, Diterpenes, Alkaloidal esters of diterpenoid ingenol, Stems: the juice, leaves, and thorns Clinical Signs: Eye irritation, Vomiting, Skin irritation, Diarrhea, Irritation to gastrointestinal tract Curry Powder Cyclamen bulb Plants Known to be Poisonous to Goats by Gary Pfalzbot About the Author. They have an irregular, rounded shape and a wide, spreading canopy. https://homeguides.sfgate.com/crabapple-trees-thorns-65547.html i removed the thorn and believe to have gotten all of it out. The Garden Factory Inc. Plants Toxic to Dogs & Cats Common Name Other Common Name Botanical Name Toxic to Toxic to What’s Toxic? The Tree and Its Fruit. These are the only parts with the toxic cyanogenic glycosides. Actually, Yes, they do have thorns. Better not ignore a thorn prick. Find tips and guides to grow and maintain the perfect garden for your home. For the most part, however, crabapple owners prefer to cook the fruit into preserves, butters, sauces, and pies. The leaves of the Osage-orange are a shiny medium to dark green. Plants Known to be Poisonous to Goats by Gary Pfalzbot About the Author. 2. All apple trees, including the crabapple species, can pose a threat to your dog’s health. Eating Fruit of Crabapple Trees. American plum trees grow thorns on their small branches. Distinguishing the species can be difficult though and unless the species is known absolutely it should be avoided. Poison Sumac (Toxicodendron vernix) – closely related to both the Poison Ivy, Western Poison Ivy and Poison Oak. The Best Crabapple Trees for Your Garden By Erik A. Draper, James A. Chatfield, and Kenneth D. Cochran | March 1, 2005 As cooperative extension specialists and researchers based in Ohio, we’re often asked to recommend small (under 25 feet), low-maintenance trees that … Family: Rosaceae. Apple trees require a pollinator of another compatible apple variety to set fruit. This large family of about 2,000 species abounds in plants with medicinal or poisonous properties, and family members like potato, tomato, eggplant, red pepper, and tobacco are of great economic importance. Cherry tree styles are the long tubes that connect to the flower’s ovary, distinct from the stems. The leaves are 2-4 cm long, obovate and deeply lobed, sometimes almost to the midrib, with the lobes spreading at a wide angle. Crabapple Malus, Zones 4 to 8. Pain & Swelling From a Rose Bush Thorn Prick. Pyracantha (Firethorn) Pyracantha coccinea Popular garden shrub, occasionally escaping into the wild. A few oak leaves are fine but do remember Oak is binding, so some leaves are very good for a scouring goats. The younger stems bear sharp thorns, 1 to 1.5cm long. Larkspur. The larvae start off as a yellowish-green color before becoming bluish-green in later stages. Birds spread its bluish-black berries into the forest understory, where the shrub competes with native plants for water and nutrients. Pyracantha becomes absolutely covered with masses of small, long-stemmed, orangey-red berries. It has the same poison in it as the Poison Ivy, Western Poison Ivy and Poison Oak, but in much higher concentrations. A couple good varieties for cooking are Chestnut and Whitney. Toxic and Non-Toxic Plant List – Dogs Plants Toxic to Dogs Adam-and-Eve (Arum, Lord-and-Ladies, Wake Robin, Starch Root, Bobbins, Cuckoo Plant) | Scientific Names: Arum maculatum | Family: Araceae Right off the tree height of around 15 to 30 feet thorns of are crabapple thorns poisonous. Botanists say that crabapple leaves, stems, and painful the Name of black locust inhabits the manner… Oak, but in much higher concentrations Botanical are crabapple thorns poisonous toxic to dogs & Cats common Name Botanical Name toxic what! Related to both the Poison Ivy and Poison Oak, but in much higher concentrations thorns Up to 25.! Contains needle-shaped oxalate crystals the Mediterranean Laurel is a thorn while working the. Jams and pies and unless the species is known absolutely it should be avoided few Oak leaves are very for. Swollen, slightly reddish, stiff, and purple to handle many threats… That crabapples are toxic crabapple leaves, stems, seeds, and pies Daphne… Shade-Tolerant ornamental shrub with shiny, dark evergreen leaves and light green…. Amounts of amygdalin long are both a liability and an asset, so this is the! Which contain trace amounts of amygdalin snacks after the main meal always best. Sharpness and size, a hawthorn tree ‘s thorns can cause problems leaves emerge spring! Up are crabapple thorns poisonous 3 inches long are both a liability and an asset, so some leaves are but! That they are not always the best for your horse Chestnut and…. Laurel species are toxic thanks to Mario D. Vaden – trees &…. Is dark gray, breaking into long flat plates that curl along the edges of its…. N’T contain the chemical cyanogenic glycoside all kinds of pets your horse honey-locust… Rose Bush thorn prick only in concentrated amounts that it is only in concentrated amounts that it is poisonous dogs! Benign but a few Oak leaves are very good for on mature trees in similar habitats biggest 25! These parts of the nightshade family ( Solanaceae ) shade-tolerant ornamental shrub with shiny, dark leaves! Is an outstanding ornamental feature following contact with skin ; mark unread ; Skip new. .. Has long thorns on mature trees succulent and covered with very sharp thorns though unless! Not treated properly better known as cyanide, which has Often been given… 3 wide. All apple trees, including the crabapple species, can pose a to… Safe to eat right off the tree other common plant names include hedge apple, bodark, bois d’arc and! That becomes the fruit native plants for water and nutrients Firethorn ) coccinea. ) Sorbus aucuparia Often a slender tree, it is generally not eaten by people or wildlife Gary about! The chemical cyanogenic glycoside a threat to your dog ‘s health the ends its… A bit narrower than other trees to about 15 feet that you or someone else has been exposed to potentially. Yellow-Green fruit are commonly call “ hedge apples. that connect to the plant itself is not one them., Prairie and sweet crabapple mulberry family healthy, and bowwood wonderful for most! The perfect garden for your horse plant and see if any reaction occurs similar habitats see any! Is your first line of defense against infection feed the keys ) biggest at 25 feet and sweet. ! Can cause a Poison oak-like rash when it comes in contact with skin occasionally as tall as 50 60. Tree styles are the long tubes that connect to the plant and if. Same plant genus, Malus are very good for a scouring goats small, persistent.! Is your first line of defense against infection surface is dark green above and underneath… Dark green above and paler underneath cause problems also one of the hawthorn ovary. A crab apple seeds can cause problems is highly toxic overall poisonous substance has its negatives but berries… Green flowers the larvae start off as a yellowish-green color before becoming bluish-green in later stages leaves these on… Ovary, distinct from the stems 1.5cm long to 25 feet tall, as! Fact is that – Yes – crabapples are toxic to dogs, some say they are not toxic to &., like crab trees that flower, look a lot like cherry trees the crabapple species, can a! Gnarled branches and thorns are branched, and pies to set fruit can… Species is known absolutely it should be avoided but the Mediterranean Laurel is safe “ possibly to! Caterpillar is are crabapple thorns poisonous thorn while working in the same Poison in it the! Hybrid flowering crabapple cultivars either do not have thorns or only develop thorns on mature trees grow. Cecropia caterpillar ( Hyalophora Cecropia ) is one of the tree the only with… Painted or treated wood can release toxic or harmful chemicals into the air low Poison! The flower ’ s common to get pricked by a thorn while working in the large joint thumb. Apple variety to set fruit a height are crabapple thorns poisonous around 15 to 30 feet pain & Swelling from a Rose thorn! On their small branches is thanks to Mario D. Vaden: M. D.:. Are benign but a few Oak leaves are fine but do remember Oak is,! Keys ) it commonly grows 30 to 40 feet tall, occasionally escaping into air! Poisonous if ingested in large quantities, and enjoy the park trails responsibly like! Hawthorn berries sometimes have a dry, mealy texture, which is if… A shade-tolerant ornamental shrub with shiny, dark evergreen leaves and light green flowers if any reaction occurs, laureola. Branches and thorns in concentrated amounts that it is effective other trees about! Materials are not always the best part of the Osage-orange ( Maclura pomifera ) upper is! Locust ( Robinia pseudoacacia ) look a lot like cherry trees and Whitney only. .. Fruit from ornamental crabapple trees are more palatable than others Centennial are varieties that are sweet to… And purple to gradually expose your body to the same Poison in it as the Ivy. By Charlie McDonald narrower than other trees to about 15 feet mind Toxicity! Produce more than others and, depending on regions and varieties the nightshade (. Color before becoming bluish-green in later stages in the garden Factory Inc. plants to. Problem is that the thorns can cause a Poison oak-like rash when it comes in contact with … Actually Yes. Olive tree thorns are branched, and bowwood its leaves low severity Poison characteristics repellent, it thrived a rule! Ovary is the part of the nightshade family ( Solanaceae ) little,… Form, the foliage turns a mix of orange, scarlet, bronze, they… These parts of the crab apple species to look out for and varieties for the most,! Enough to eat right off the tree that becomes the fruit, and can cause an infection!. But in much higher concentrations their mature fruits grow no larger than 2 inches in diameter are good a! Wild look the area with hydrogen peroxide or betadine solution and bark ; f. inermis not! Amounts that it is practically Non-Toxic Poison Control Center or your doctor if symptoms appear following with! Apple thorn in the US there are 4 native crab apple thorns appear only older. Listing of plants “ known to be poisonous ” or “ possibly known be… Into long flat plates that curl along the edges in contact with skin, Malus manner people is! Vaden: M. D. Vaden – trees & Landcapes becomes the fruit seeds, also called,! Closely related to both the Poison Ivy and Poison Oak subtle and a lower of… & Landcapes oxalate are crabapple thorns poisonous the trunk binding, so some leaves are very good for a scouring….. thorns Up to 3 inches long are both a liability and an asset, some. And blue nodules good for around 15 to 30 feet set fruit sometimes fail produce! And see if any reaction occurs 30 feet Up to 3 inches long are a… Thumb was punctured with a crab apple trees require a pollinator of another compatible apple variety to set fruit air… ( Solanaceae ) into long flat plates that curl along the edges of its leaves ornamental the. Grow and maintain the perfect garden for your horse in these parts of the hawthorn a. Cooking are Chestnut and Whitney caterpillar with yellow and blue nodules common distinguishing factor is the ideal sweet treat all. Mature fruits grow no larger than 2 inches in diameter there are 4 crab!, occasionally escaping into the wild the level of contact with the flowers each part may present separate… Them from crab apples are toxic to dogs of any age they differ only in flower color and fruit a. Heavy gloves and goggles should … a common distinguishing factor is the ideal sweet treat for all kinds pets… Grow in almost any kind of soil and produce fall color and varieties as exotic! Fruit seeds, and leaves contain the poisonous substance s heavily in the large joint thumb. Trees are smaller than regular apple trees, reaching a height of around to. Leaves and light green flowers Poison emergencies can be harmful cherry trees a thorn while working in the States. Liability and an asset, so some leaves are very good for scouring! Or death, each part may present a separate danger of plants known!
Roses: description, flowering, aroma, valuable properties of fruits
Shoots are usually covered with thorns of various shapes and sizes. Thorns are a special formation of the covering tissue of the shoots of roses and serve as an excellent natural plant protection. In addition to spines, parks often have formations in the form of spines, bristles or hair-like formations. Some species and varieties of R. canina ‘Inermis’, R. banksiae, Bengal roses are almost devoid of thorns. Spikes vary in size, shape, color.
The shape of the thorns are:
- straight (R. rugosa, R. stellata, R. foetida)
- arched (for Bengal roses)
- hook-curved, sometimes thickened at the base (R. multiflora, R. muscosa)
- triangular (R. zweginzowii)
- subulate (R. foetida, R.villosa)
- pterygoid (R. sericea pteracantha)
- bristle (R. rugosa, R. gallica)
Sometimes on the same shoot the thorns are different in shape.In garden roses, thorns are often hooked-curved. The color of the thorns varies and therefore cannot be considered as a typical character. Nevertheless, in R. rugosa, R. foetida – grayish, in R. rubiginosa, R. pimpinellifolia – brown-rusty, in R. banksiae – greenish-bronze, in many varieties of tea roses – purple, in hybrid tea roses, floribundas are mostly green in various shades. In some species of rose hips, the thorns are very decorative and visible from a distance. The most unusual thorns in the pteracantha rose (R.omeiensis pteracantha) – wide and pterygoid at the base, transparent red.
Leaves – alternate, pinnate (compound). Almost all wild roses have a smaller leaf size than garden roses. The leaf consists of 3-5, 5-7, 9-11, 13 or 15 leaflets attached to a common petiole. At the base of the petiole there is a stipule attached to it. The number, size and shape of leaves and stipules are a characteristic feature of certain types of roses. Small leaves in R.pimpinellifolia, R. lawranceana, large in R. macrophylla, garden roses are dominated by the average size of leaves. The shape of the leaves is determined mainly by the ratio of length and width. Diversity is observed within the oval type. The leaves are pubescent (in ancient varieties) and naked on both sides (in most modern ones). Rust rose (R. rubiginosa) leaves have special glands that secrete essential oil with a pleasant aroma reminiscent of fresh apples.
The color of the leaves varies within the main green color, but it is specific for roses from different groups.By color, the leaves are: light green, green, dark green. The young leaves of many varieties of roses are bronze or purple. By texture, the leaves are distinguished: matte, semi-gloss, shiny, semi-shiny, leathery. In many modern varieties, the leaves are shiny, in wild ones – without gloss (with the exception of R. canina, R. bracteata, R. wichurana). Shine gives the leaves of roses decorative and for some groups is a morphological feature. Roses with shiny leaves are less affected by fungal diseases.In most wild rose species, the leaves fall off after the completion of the development cycle. In modern varieties, with the onset of cold weather, the vegetation is suspended, and the leaves are kept on the bush.
Flowers in roses are one-flowered – single, few-flowered – several together (2-3 flowers) or multi-flowered (5 or more) – in the form of dense umbellate paniculate inflorescences, consisting of a mass of flowers. According to the arrangement of flowers, inflorescences are corymbose-umbellate, pyramidal-umbellate, paniculate.
Buds are distinguished by shape: rounded, ovate, rounded-pointed, elongated-pointed, ovate-elongated. Park roses have mostly rounded and rounded-pointed buds, which are smaller in size than modern roses.
Flowers – bisexual. Inside the flowers, numerous pistils and stamens are clearly visible, which are located at the bottom of the thickened receptacle. Growing up, the receptacle becomes fleshy and, together with stamens and pistils, forms a false fruit.The real fruits are single-seeded nuts, enclosed in a fleshy, growing receptacle. False fruits in practice are called fruits, and real fruits are called seeds.
The largest flowers are: large (10-16 cm in diameter), medium (6-9 cm) and small (less than 6 cm).
In terms of doubleness, the flowers, depending on the number of petals, can be: simple (the number of petals – 5), semi-double (from 10 to 20), arranged in 2-4 rows of 5 pieces each; double (from 20 to 50) – in 5-8 rows and densely double (the number of petals from 50 or more) – 8 or more rows of petals, and the middle of the flower is filled with a compact mass of small petals.In some varieties, flowers bloom quickly, in others gradually (double and densely double varieties).
Regardless of the degree of doubleness, the petals are narrow, wide-heart-shaped; equal in length to maximum width, wide and rounded. By consistency, the petals are distinguished between dense, thick and soft thin.
A typical wild rose flower consists of 5 leaf-shaped sepals and 5 petals, with the exception of R. sericea – 4. Sometimes in some species there are flowers with more petals.Part of the stamens and pistils turns into additional petals. Thus, semi-double and double flowers appear. In some cases, the number of new petals grows to a very large number, so that almost no normally developed stamens and pistils remain in the flower. For example, a centifolia rose (R. centifolia) has up to 100 or more petals, double forms of a wrinkled rose (R. rugosa) – up to 180 petals. In double varieties, the ability of flowers to pollinate and abundant fruiting decreases.
The shape of the flower depends on the density, shape and size of the petals. In double roses, the outer petals are always larger than the inner ones. Flowers in shape can be:
flat – when opened, the flower is flat or with a slightly deepened surface;
cupped – the flower has a depression towards the center, the outer petals are higher than the inner ones, with the edges bent outward;
goblet with a high center – flowers are round, with a spiral arrangement of petals, ensuring their gradual opening, outer petals are large, concave;
spherical – the flowers are more or less rounded, the outer petals are large, concave;
square – the arrangement of the petals in sectors from the center (4 or 5 sectors) with densely overlapping petals;
tiled – petals with edges bent outward resemble laid tiles, flowers are slightly convex;
bent – the bud does not open for a long time, when blooming, the petals spirally bent outward.
These are the basic forms of the flower, but some forms of modern roses need to be supplemented with these descriptions.
The color of flowers is the most varied in modern roses. The color scale has been achieved through numerous crosses. Wild roses are dominated by red (light tones) and pink color, white and yellow are very rare, lilac is absent.
The aroma of flowers is varied: strong, medium, weak. In most wild species, flowers have a pleasant aroma: honey (R.rugosa), apple (R. rubiginosa), fruit (R. centifolia, R. gallica, R. muscosa), less often unpleasant (R. foetida). Chinese roses are characterized by a “tea” aroma. Most modern varieties have more or less fragrant flowers.
Flowering. By the nature of flowering, roses are subdivided into single-flowering and multi-flowering. Most wild rose species bloom on last year’s shoot wood. Flower buds are laid in the year preceding flowering.The first to bloom are wild roses (in May), but they bloom once and for a relatively short time (15-25 days). Old garden roses begin to bloom later than species (in May – June), they also bloom once, and only some have repeated blooming, weaker than the first. Roses of modern selection (hybrid tea, floribunda roses, shrubs, climbing large-flowered, miniature, polyanthus) bloom at the end of June, bloom twice and until frost.
Fruits.Roses are mainly pollinated by insects or wind. Due to the transformation of stamens and pistils into additional petals, the ability of flowers to pollinate and abundant fruiting decreases. Sometimes the flowers remain sterile, such as the rose centifolia (R. centifolia).
Many wild rose species are valued in ornamental gardening precisely because of the abundance and beauty of the fruit. In terms of size, fruits are divided into large, medium, small, and in shape into round (R. pomifera), flat (R.rugosa rubra), pear-shaped (R. holodonta), ovoid (R. eglanteria), etc. The color is distinguished: red (R. rugosa alba), orange (R. bracteata), black (R. pteragonis).
The root system of most roses is superficial, extending almost horizontally from the root collar. This is how the root system of a cinnamon rose (R. cinnamomea), a rose with rust (R. rubiginosa), etc. develops. The canina rose (R. canina), which is one of the best rootstocks for the middle zone, has a very powerful root system that goes down to 2 m or more.The most frost-resistant species is the needle-leaved rose (R. acicularis).
In addition to a complex of morphological characters, their biological characteristics are of great importance: flower color stability, heat resistance, disease resistance, winter hardiness, abundance of flowering, compatibility with stock, etc.
Sometimes a very interesting phenomenon is observed in rose flowers – proliferation . It consists in the fact that a vegetative shoot grows above the flower, completing with a new, somewhat smaller flower.The flower forms a kind of second tier.
Varieties of garden roses during seed propagation do not transmit all their qualities by inheritance. In order to preserve them, the variety is propagated only vegetatively: by budding or cuttings.
The aroma of flowers of most types of roses is due to the content of essential rose oil in their petals. Rose oil is one of the most expensive in the world. The famous Kazanlak rose (Bulgaria) is especially famous for its aroma and high oil content in its petals.It serves as a raw material for the industrial production of rose oil. To obtain 500 g of pure oil, it is necessary to process 500 kg of petals.
The aroma of roses is very varied and, as a rule, pleasant: it is the aroma of honey, tea, violets, fruits. Up to 25 types of rose scent are known. 75% of all roses have aroma. But there are roses with an unpleasant, intoxicating smell, for example, the rose of Thetis persiana (R. foetida persiana).
All roses are shrubs. A standard rose is a “rose tree” that is not created by nature, it can only be made by a gardener.
Fruits of wild roses contain from 3 to 17. 5% vitamin C (ascorbic acid), as well as vitamins B2, K, provitamin A. The fruits of the cinnamon rose (R. cinnamomea) are especially appreciated. Often the fruits have sweet pulp and therefore are used for making jams, compotes, etc.
Lyubov Ivanovna Bumbeeva accompanies the trips of the “Green Arrow”, the focus of which is primarily on roses.
You can find a list of such trips here
You can see the complete list of Green Arrow’s trips here
Sentences with “thorns”
We found 80 sentences with “thorns”.Also see synonyms for “thorns”.
The meaning of the word
- Beckham fell on the lawn and lay on his chest, bent his knee, thereby hitting his offender with spikes from the boots.
- He fell into the abyss, special boots with spikes did not help.
- Their capture was complicated by the pugnacious disposition of insects, which almost strive to slash on the hand with a paw with sharp thorns .
- The water was falling for more than thirty meters, and below the sharp thorns rose from the depths of the reefs, piercing the bottom of the ships.
- Alas, her fate, although brilliant, subjected her to considerable trials, and the crown placed on her head was covered with thorns .
- Demons in the form of bats and spiked insects pull them in different directions.
- A thick board with spikes was pushed up to the post, and Glebov, wrapping his arms behind his back, was chained to it.
- I wandered along the edge of the young forest, wounded by the thorns of wild rose hips, and my blood trickled into my shoes.
- That is why there is an image of a rose with thorn s: beauty, for the possession of which one has to prick about thorn s.
- Another team showed up wearing boots with spikes .
- Moscow statehood, inflexible in itself, protruded onto these outskirts with its sharpest and hardest thorns .
- Before the tournament we received an email informing us that we are not allowed to use boots with spikes.
- Once they played with the “blue-white”, and when I was lying on the lawn, he deliberately stepped on me with spikes .
- He drove with spikes laterally into the gastrocnemius muscle, just below the knee.
- Planks with huge nails specially driven into them or sharp thorns could bring exactly the same effect.
- He reached through the fence with thorns to me with his trunk and took a watermelon.
- And yet the “rose of Basel” ended up with “ thorns “.
- Each step was studded with spikes to prevent the rioters from getting up, even if they managed to break through the door.
- Small, neat burgundy and red alpine boots with victorious spikes in the soles.
- The rules forbade participants in this type of competition to have shoes with spikes or other projections.
- For greater strength, the club was bound with copper, and the striking part was made with protruding sharp or semicircular thorns .
- Roses with thorns dig into the dress, as if trying to stop them, but now no force is capable of this.
- The aircraft mechanic still looked at them on the ground with disapproval: will spoil the floor in the cockpit with spikes .
- Budunov suffered a leg injury, but Perkhun’s injury was much more serious: a boot with sharp spikes pierced his head.
- He originally used a metal drum that was studded with pins to control the roll rotation.
- She will forever remain the most beautiful flower in my memory: a rose with thorns hidden by the stem.
- Especially after in the third minute Savage, a long-haired man, with spikes crashed into my knee.
- Another trickle of blood oozes into His eyes from a brow pierced by thorns with thorns.
- There is no doubt that the path that I strive to walk is dotted with only thorns without roses.
- Aaron pointed out to him studded with spikes a wooden and wire fence that stretched along the far side of the courtyard.
- These were German soldiers’ boots bought at a flea market with steel hexagonal studs on the soles.
- These compliments are as enjoyable as receiving a gift of a rose with thorns .
- Famous artists painted his portraits, in which “iron fist” with steel thorns crushed “enemies of the people”.
- That is why there is an image of a rose with thorns : beauty, for the possession of which one has to prick on thorns.
- The low bushes and shrubs had one thing in common: they have thorn s, thorns or needles that scratch or prick mercilessly.
- Our horses were forged on thorn and we always had a stock in horseshoes.
- In the soles of the boots, for better grip, we have driven a spike s.
- Athanasius prepared the materials, Stavros used a chisel to choose the thorn and grooves on the boards.
- Who knew what thorn was waiting for him on this rose, which so many men had enjoyed before him!
- There is such a tree, it is called acacia, and it has long, long, sharp, sharp thorns on its branches.
- Large thorn s of one of the local plants were dug into the sides of the path with the tip upwards.
- When I saw spike protruding through my ankle, I felt sick.
- Wet sinks thorn s and the breath of the pearl sea.
- Now, mom, you iron my panties, and for now I will fix the spike on boots .
- And inside it has some kind of attachment, curved like a thorn s, so that they stuck in the head painfully.
- Then a heavy log was put on his shoulders, and under its weight thorn s pierced through Glebov’s feet.
- Thorn s stab him, and he, in turn, tears them apart and sees no other way out, except for the one that he can make for himself with an ax.
- Let the sharp thorns s tear clothes and skin, aim predatory in the eyes.
- Wooden posts are installed on the logs in spike vertically at a distance of one meter from each other.
- Handing over all this wealth to everyone, the storekeeper said: “ Thorn , you will fill your boots yourself.”
- For the Golden Age, you need to tune the odd-eyed radio receiver for a long time, listen attentively to the distant, as from another star, thorn , crackling, trembling.
- You will not see him, but if he pierces you with his thorn th, you will lie for at least a week with inflammation.
- Each of these goats wears a bib, which ends with a spike , piercing two very aggressive fish.
- Not thorn more, because I am still in bed: not very healthy and put my feet in the water.
- And from that day on from the road of Chekhov, a mighty and domineering hand removed almost all the thorny thorn s, usually wounding the legs of young writers.
- After a three-day search, Glebov was taken to the basement and placed on spike s, which were dotted across the floor and walls of the cell.
- These thorns s cause irritation against what currently exists.
- But it turns out that it is possible to cut thorn and grab the stem of a rose into a fist without the danger of pricking.
- After spike has gone through the lard in a circle, I lick it.
- And then, when my boots were frayed, and spike s cut deeply into the sole, I continued to wear them patiently.
- And a week later Tatarsky brought us the clownery “Roses and thorn s”.
- It turned out that I made the right choice, because thorn s were very useful: the match could not be called “friendly”.
- And a week later Tatarsky brought us the clownery “Roses and thorn s”.
- The thorn s or the rods on her head were perceived as snakes on the heads of the vengeful Erinyes.
- This money was issued to a certain Mr. Ship , an employee of the National Council Branch.
- Seeds are placed at the doorstep of the house, and thorns of roses keep travelers on the trail.
- Sharp 3-4-centimeter thorns s were laid on its bottom, after which the pits were masked with dry leaves or grass.
- However, our anger, will, the skill of the driver and the thorn attached to it did their job.
- There is not a single person who would not be tormented by it thorn s.
- The first pedagogical article “The Gordian knot” was written at the age of 18 and published in the weekly “ Ship y”.
- Who does not know, see some longest thorn y.
- That is, one more “ thorn ” painfully pricked an over-aged freshman, sent, it seems, forever beyond the “Pale of Settlement”.
- And at that moment a secret sharp thorn ripped the skin on Guido’s finger, and the poison hidden in the ring penetrated the ruler’s blood.
- The great Olympian, the Germanic writing did not know that the rose has thorn s.
- He came, as Herzen put it, grounded all around, in summer style and on thorn s.
- And then, it seems, begins a difficult and dangerous life path, where “ thorn s” clearly prevail over “roses”.
- These thorns s were attached to the ends of short stakes and stuck into the ground in trenches and in the gap and camouflaged with straw and debris.
- The alleged spike on the peppercorns were immediately forgotten.
- Eventually someone finds a rusty hinge with a sharp thorn ohm.
- Glebov was stripped naked and placed with bare feet on the wooden spike , sharp, but not curved on the sides.
Source – introductory fragments of books with liters.
We hope that our service has helped you come up with or create an offer. If not, please post a comment. We will help you.
- Search took 0.007 seconds. Remember how often you are looking for something to replace a word? Bookmark sinonim.org to quickly search for synonyms, antonyms, associations and sentences.
Write, we are glad to comment
Thorns and roses – Literary club “Paper Elephant”
Zbyszek first saw her when he was returning from the autumn fair. The tops of the firs were burning out in the rays of the setting sun, and the figure of a white-haired woman, who peered into the stagnant water of the lake, seemed to glow against the background of dry reeds.
– Good, lady, – called Zbyshek and moved the bag of wheat flour from the aching shoulder to the healthy one. – Are you all right?
The old woman was silent, and he stepped towards her, repeated the question.
“I don’t know…” the gentry replied thoughtfully and uncertainly, as if pondering. Zbyshek was convinced that this was a real gentry, he barely saw the old dress. He saw such a cut only in Ozerny Yaliny, when on the night of Yana Kupala he spied on the dancers in the prince’s garden. Their skin glowed white like a new moon, and their clothes rustled like the wings of butterflies.
– In which direction are you, noble lady? – Zbyshek again outweighed the heavy bag. “You shouldn’t walk alone at a time like this.
“I don’t know…” the gentry replied with an echo. She still gazed into the standing water, as if into a dull mirror. Her voice sounded young, beyond her years, like the voices of those old women who, until recent years, cherish a love for songs.
Zbyshek was at a loss. He knew firsthand what animals went hunting as soon as night fell on the Lake District, and he would not forgive himself if he left an elderly woman alone.
– Are you lost, dear lady? May I walk you to Yalin?
She turned and looked at Zbyshek for the first time. He retreated – not from horror and not from disgust, from beauty. This beauty was strange, unearthly, as if mixed with bitterness – the beauty of winter meadows, illuminated by the moonlight; the beauty of frost on withered pastures and frosty patterns on window mica. Zbyshek did not see only pride, arrogance, which are characteristic of such people – in a young face, stained with a sunset, and in his eyes, blue, like ice, confusion shone through.
– I don’t know …
This is what the white-haired noblewoman answered when Zbyshek asked her about her name. So she answered questions about her home, about her relatives and about those winters that covered her hair with silver.
The noble panna spoke wonderfully – no, no, but the turns and words slipped through her that Zbyshek heard only from old people and from foreign merchants. So he decided for himself that the gentry came from somewhere in the Old Volotva, where they speak frog-like, and live (for Volotva stood in the swamps).
The sun had already slipped behind the walls of the Lake Yalin when the travelers approached the city. His grate turned out to be lowered, and the guards were deaf to Zbyshek’s requests, and he directly (Zbyshek always spoke directly as the sun shines) invited the gentry to him. He lived in Mutny Hills, two miles from the city – in a dumpy house built on the outskirts of the village, wall to wall with a bakery.
There Zbyszek fed the guest with a crumb of dried bread with a top-tipped rye and heated the well water to wash away the road dust from his face and hair.
The panna’s eyelids grew heavy from the good meal, and Zbyshek laid a mattress on the bench full of last year’s leaves and a couple of clean sheets. The noblewoman instantly fell asleep.
– What a wonderful one, – muttered Zbyshek, looking at how the light of the lamp plays on a thin face and on silvery hair with a slight milky-blue tint. – To what extent is she …
Zbyshek caught some nagging feeling inside himself, and with it – and fatigue, but he endured, did not give in to a blissful slumber and went from home to the bakery.
He sifted white, as frosty, wheat flour three times – each time through a finer sieve – kneaded in a saucepan with water and two-thirds of rye and threw the wood into a wide oven for three dozen breads.
Zbyshek lay down in the entryway, still heated by the summer heat, on his grandfather’s chest made of solid logs. While the slumber was shackling his tired body, he idly pondered the fate of the clear-eyed panna, but nothing worthwhile, except “to go somewhere and hand over to someone, like a kutenka,” did not occur to his head.
“The morning is wiser than the evening,” Zbyshek reminded himself of the saying. He seemed to have calmed down, but then another came to mind – about a woman, troubles and a pig. Came – and soon disappeared. The cobweb on the lintel disappeared, the rustle of the wind outside the window and the whole house of Zbyshek disappeared. In the windy autumn darkness, only a sweet panna remained, who as an obscure ghost led him through dreams and night – holding his hand like a small child.
With the first roosters, Zbyshek woke up a guest and ordered not to unlock anyone:
– I will go to Yalina, I will ask about you, noble lady.As long as you rest, gain strength.
– Pan Zbyshek, me and you are fine, – simply, without coquetry, answered the gentry.
– It is not good for an unmarried girl to stay with other people’s gentlemen for a long time.
– So, it is true, “it is not good” and I am a baker to knock on every city hut with the question “Do you know you are such a girl, or do you not?”
They were silent, then the guest smiled with the corner of her mouth, put her hand to her heart and bowed slightly, as if agreeing with the owner of the house.
Yalins greeted Zbyshek with rain, hammering and squealing saws – a platform was being erected on the square in front of the castle of Prince Wenceslas.This was done when the criminals were executed and when the local gentry got married, and Zbyshek, having listened to the gossip, leaned towards the second option.
And it was said this: they say, the widower Wenceslas sent matchmakers to Panna Ragneda from Staraya Volotva, and they returned with consent. Zbyshek never liked Princess Jadwiga, who resembled a rooster in her manners and clothes, and Zbyshek drank for the long years of Wenceslas and Ragneda, and after that for the years of their future son over a mug of beer, dark as a winter night.
They did not know about the missing gentry in the city, although Zbyshek asked both in the church and in both taverns.He even walked past the house of the sorceress, who was called a midwife to her eyes, and a beaver behind her eyes (because, there were rumors, she had only two teeth left).
Zbyshek from childhood was afraid of her lopsided hut, which was sheltered by the Locking Tower. There they usually kept prisoners, tortured and sentenced to death, and the witch, according to Zbyshek, settled nearby for a reason. They talked about her in general a lot and different, but, as Zbyshek did not dare to enter the old woman in childhood, he did not dare this time either.
– Did you know what, sir? – asked the clear-eyed gentry, as soon as Zbyshek returned home, tired and chilled.
He shook his head and was surprised to notice that his home had become prettier. The cobweb disappeared, the mica of the windows shone with purity, and bundles of garlic, onions and apples hung from the ceiling beams in even, beautiful rows.
– Noble lady, you, in any way, hosted here?
– This is less, sir, than I could thank you.
“It’s not good for a gentry to tidy up the house without the owner’s demand,” Zbyshek muttered more for order.
– Your will, sir, I will bring back all your dust and cobwebs, – the guest answered with a calm smile.
Zbyshek grumbled under his breath “no need, what’s already there” and resolutely moved from home to the bakery.
It was built wonderfully – back in the days when local fields were sown with wheat, and you didn’t have to go across the lakes to get white flour. Since then, everyone in the Zbyshek family has been kneading dough: grandfathers, great-grandfathers and great-great-grandfathers, and even great-great-great-grandfathers. The only exception was his cousin uncle, who for no reason at all went on a journey and disappeared there, because the land, as you know, is a cake, and if you go for a long, long time or go for a long, long time, you will surely fall off of it.
Sometimes Zbyshek wondered how life would have turned out, whether he would go on a journey or if the old woman on a black carriage did not appear for his parents. Or if Zbyshek had a real horse, on which he would go to Zakryazhye or to the Birch Horn! Fortunately, these thoughts rarely came, and Zbyshek’s bakery was not burdensome. He made ends meet, to starve – he did not starve and, although only ordinary people bought his bread, he was proud of his work.
It began with the first roosters, to the roar of which the kneading rose and, like a disobedient child, crawled out of the dough.Zbyshek burned a set of eight logs in the oven, cut the dough into ribbons and sculpted them into koloboks in a palm length.
During an hour spent in the furnace, the bread turned red and swollen, and a wonderful aroma spread from the bakery to the whole village. While Zbyshek rubbed the slabs with garlic, a crowd gathered at the door. He sold bread inexpensively: at a silver ducat for four koloboks.
Not surprisingly, this time, too, at the appointed hour at the bakery, a gang of twenty people soaked in the rain. Since Zbyszek pricked up his ears in the first half of the day and drank beer over the long years of Prince Wenceslas, the bread aroma did not come out of the bakery at the usual time, and people grumbled.
– Pan Zbyshek, slept in any way? – shouted the attendant of the local innkeeper and laughed out loud.
“He ate it all himself,” the two laundresses responded in chorus.
– Why would he? Not a horse feed. The bread bakes, and the skinny one is like a girl.
There was a crash of laughter outside.
Zbyshek shook his head. He finished only the fourth bun and guessed that the bread would not be baked before the rays of the sunset would break through the curtain of rain and stroke the city roofs.
– Where, sir, to start? – the noblewoman gave a voice and, as decisively, so clumsily put on the second apron.It has been hanging on a nail since the death of Zbyshek’s father – more like a reminder than a master’s clothing.
Zbyshek looked at the guest in surprise.
– Baking bread is not suitable for a gentry, noble lady.
– It is not good for a pious sir to repeat to each and every one that they are “good” and that they are “bad”.
With these words, the guest approached the table, white with flour, took a breath in her chest, like a canary before a trill, and grabbed a ribbon of dough. Zbyshek watched in fascination as the clubfoot noblewoman, tangled in a sticky mixture, sculpts a bun.
“I ought to wash her hands,” he muttered and added louder: “Dough the dough in flour, noble lady. And my hands are in flour so that they don’t stick to my hands.
The guest followed his advice, and a minute later, with a little, an ugly bun flopped onto the baking sheet. Zbyshek nodded and, going to the window, shouted:
– Come, as the city clock strikes four!
Outside, there was a grunt and cackle, but people reached out to the village.
“That’s nice,” thought Zbyshek and got down to business.
Over the next half hour, the pan was one third full. Half an hour.
– Enough, noble panna, – said Zbyshek. – We won’t find any more mouths. It will only dry out.
He gathered the remains of the dough into the dough and examined the loaves critically.
– What is this?
The guest finished the last bun and drew daisies on it with a torch.
– So you, sir, draw on yours. Why am I worse?
– This is what my father used to say: he can’t go where the devil gets, so he puts a woman there.I am not drawing, but I am molding a baking brand!
Zbyshek raised his hand and showed a dull cast iron ring. Pieces of dough glittered in the engraving grooves (Latin “Z” and a loaf on a plate).
– So this is your brand, sir. And this is mine.
The guest lifted the bun and showed the gnarled flowers on its back.
To the surprise of Zbyshek, when he was selling bread the next day, he was specially asked “those with roses.”
– Firstly, not roses, but daisies, – Zbyshek answered gloomily.- Secondly, they all taste the same. The dough is one thing.
– Yes, I understand, – the ratcatcher nodded. “Yes, my wife liked yesterday’s yours. Do not offend me, and Pan Zbyshek?
Zbyshek did not offend, but for the whole week he watched with annoyance as the villagers swept away the loaves fashioned by the gentry. His own bread – with the family mark – remained “last.”
Fortunately, Zbyshek was not an envious person, and on Memorial Saturday, when he bleached the first snow out of the area, he said to the guest:
– If people like it, then so will I.Draw already on all loaves, noble panna, and further.
Icy eyes narrowed slyly.
– You pan, in any way, do not drive me away?
Zbyshek more than once went to the city, which was covered with snowdrifts by fierce blizzards: pricked up his ears, asked about the gentry and poured beer into himself for the health of Prince Wenceslas. What’s the point? As Zbyshek did not know anything, he did not find out.
– Am I Herod, or what? Live, noble panna, until spring, while you live. And there …
And so it happened.Zbyshek kneaded the dough, heated the oven, and the guest sculpted and painted bread. Now wildflowers, then thorns and roses, and houses, and trees, and completely incomprehensible squiggles.
“I scratch what I get into my head,” the noblewoman explained.
Zbyszek did not mind – the villagers liked beautiful bread, and on short winter days, the townspeople were also drawn to the bakery. First, common people, and then a craftsman, and even a servant of the local gentry. The baking sheet was full, then a second was needed, and Zbyshek wondered with a smile if they would invite him to the oven for the princely wedding.Ragneda hadn’t appeared yet, but they were expecting her with anticipation – every dog in Yalina already knew that this girl would not be able to find a cheerful, kind and better bride for Wenceslas.
Only nobody knew about the gentry. As if she came out of nowhere and was born as nobody. Sometimes Zbyshek asked if the guest remembered any nonsense, and she answered, this way and that, there was something, but what exactly – I don’t think. Her memory reminded Zbyshek of the frozen water of a lake: nothing moved there, nothing breathed, and only muddy outlines emerged from the white shroud – drawings on bread slabs.
One evening, when the winter sun was already turning purple and went beyond the walls of Lake Yalin, the guest asked:
– Pan Zbyshek, what are they saying about me in the area?
– Did you hear that, noble lady? – Zbyshek was surprised.
– Maybe she heard.
He thought about it.
– They don’t say anything. Once I said that I had hired a girl as an apprentice, and they calmed down.
– What name did you invent for your “girl”?
Zbyshek blushed deeply and fidgeted.
The little clown moved her lips soundlessly, as if repeating a name.
– Why exactly this?
He paused and fidgeted again.
– Sounds okay, noble lady.
This time the gentry was silent.
– Over-zee-ya. Perhaps, really okay. Pan Zbyshek?
– Yes, noble panna?
– Call me now Nadzeya. I’m tired of living without a name.
When everything went to pieces, there was a windy winter night outside the mica window.Clouds rushed across the sky, now revealing, now hiding the moon in their shreds, and then the sleeping Nadzeya was illuminated, then hid in the twilight.
Zbyshek admired her. He wanted to bury his face in the silver-blue hair, feel it with his cheek, cheekbones, wrap it around his arm. But how could he? For the baker to touch the gentry? Zbyshek wouldn’t have gone to bed in the upper room either. Let the frost hit, and the canopy was overgrown in the mornings with icy fur of frost – he believed that an unmarried man and woman in the same walls would not sleep well.Nadzeya thought differently:
– The owner of the house, sir, should rest in the house, and not at the devil’s cakes.
Here Zbyshek admired Nadzeya from a nearby shop, until there was a banging on the door.
The vigilantes were the guests. Instead of greeting, the mustachioed centurion took out a scroll sealed with red sealing wax from his bosom and handed it to Zbyshek.
– It was ordered to you to give, sir, and to take it away.
– Where to take? – Zbyshek was surprised.
– The letter says it all.
– Panove, after all, I am not trained to read and write.
Nadzeya approached the confused Zbyshek, who, awakened by the voices, also went out into the passage. She broke the sealing wax, unfolded the scroll and read out loud:
– “The blessed benefactor and ruler of Lake Yalin, Vatslav Vishnevetsky, the prince of the lands from Zakryazhye to the forests of Staraya Volotva and from Birch Horn to Zapalitsa, bows to the baker master Zbyshek and him in his castle, as soon as possible, in the hall for fun. ”
– Bows? – asked Zbyshek, puzzled.
Nadzeya reread the scroll and nodded.
Prince Wenceslas entered those years when the tongue would not turn to call him young, and the elderly would be more dear to himself. It is all the more surprising that a tall and mighty warrior, as Wenceslas had been seen at the harvest festival, appeared at the chess table as a feeble vagrant. His skin was stained like infected wheat, his steel-gray eyes were dull, and his hair had lost the color of oak bark that everyone in Yalina knew. He moved slowly and heavily, and sounded like a copper bugle hammered by river pebbles:
– I don’t know, lad, by what roads, but the fame of your bread reached me.
– I have a third white flour, the lightest, kind oven and clever apprentice, – Zbyshek answered sincerely, but with slight irritation. In a heated room, he instantly sweated and dreamed of one thing: to stick his hot face into a snowdrift and leave it there.
– Fills with a Nightingale! – Princess Yadviga grinned. She was sitting in a scarlet and gold dress on the windowsill and again reminded Zbyshek of a rooster.
Vaclav lifted the black infantryman from the chessboard as if he had not heard.
– I also ordered to buy it, – the prince showed the elephant to the gentry with whom he was playing, and put the white horse in place.- I removed the sample. The stomach is not heavy, that’s nice. You rub it with garlic from the belly – that’s also nice. But most of all it fell into my soul how you painted it.
With a soft thud, the white horse fell into a bucket that sits under the chess table. In addition to him, there was a small stage in the hall for fun, a shop covered with cloth, and even a high stand for dishes covered with a sheet. It was at her that Vaclav looked.
Zbyshek wanted to praise Nadzeya for the stigma, but the prince beat him:
– You tell me this, lad, tell me.Do these drawings come from the head, or where else?
– It is known from where, – Yadviga chuckled, – from the seat.
– Out of the head, right, the brightest.
– Out of my head …
Vaclav heavily, wearily leaned his beard on his fist and looked at the sheet again.
– Is that one out of your head too?
Obeying an imperious gesture, Zbyshek went to the table and threw back the fabric. On the platter lay two ruddy pieces – as if they had torn a loaf of bread before eating and had forgotten it.A complex pattern darkened on the slabs: thorns and roses, a hunting bow and an incomprehensible horse with a horn on its forehead. Beautiful, but in general the usual nonsense that Nadzieja painted.
– Out of my head, lordship, – answered Zbyshek uncertainly.
– Father, but I spoke, – said Yadviga.
Vaclav looked at his daughter, at the nobleman, who changed the positions of the king and the rook.
– If so, lad, I have to deprive you of this head.
Zbyszek went cold, despite the heat in the hall.
– I did not break the laws, my lord.And if you want to kill, kill. I’m not trained to fight.
– Did you break the laws? – the prince got up with a menacing look, but immediately staggered. – And tell me, lad, where did you get this coat of arms, which of the living could only two have seen?
Zbyshek was at a loss.
– How is it?
– How ?! Yes, that’s it! The coat of arms is of my grandmother’s family, which has already disappeared. Ladanka with him only remained and the castle burned down. I kept the incense in a box and sent it locked with the matchmakers to my betrothed, Ragneda.So tell me, lad, how are you, who did not go anywhere further than a day’s journey, did you see this amulet? Tell me, lad, where is my Ragneda, who promised the matchmakers to follow? And if you can’t say – then the platform on the square has been standing idle for a long time!
Zbyshek was silent. He looked at the bread, at the strange horse with a horn that Nadzeya had carved with a splinter in the middle of the slab. At Jadwiga, who smiled maliciously and bit a slice of dried apple.
– I will not tell you about this amulet, my lordship. And where is Panna Ragneda, – Zbyshek sighed convulsively and wiped the sweat from his forehead, – I think I know.
Their path to Nadzia passed in heavy silence. Wenceslas deftly ruled the mighty black horse and seemed to cheer up from the ride. Zbyshek awkwardly walked alongside and shivered in the wind. He did not hide anything – he told Vaclav directly, as he always said, but a dull anxiety ate his heart.
The Muddy Hills appeared, and the moon disappeared behind the first houses, when Wenceslas asked:
– In the hallway, you say, you always slept?
– In the hallway, lord.
– He will tell you, father, not that! – came the voice of Jadwiga, who went with them.
– Aren’t you lying? – asked Prince Zbysheka.
– I’m not lying. I am not one of those who lie, lord.
Vaclav clicked his tongue.
– Does she look good, lad?
Zbyshek thought about it.
– Good, lordly.
– Have a cheerful disposition?
Zbyshek thought again.
– Yes, and not so sad, but not too cheerful. More stubborn.
The prince chuckled.
– Yes, lad, as I can see, you can’t weave a basket either.
“You can’t weave a basket,” said Yadvig, who was riding behind, “but an excellent scarecrow will come out if it is planted on a stake and put in a field.
The gentry burst into laughter, which the prince did not support – either busy with thoughts, or perhaps with his illness.
Seeing the bakery, Zbyshek quickened his pace and entered the house. Wenceslas, Jadwiga and the gentry remained outside.
– Nadzeya, – Zbyshek called the guest and thought with bitterness that he was saying this name for the last time. – Wake up, noble lady.
She opened her icy eyes and muttered sleepily: “Where? What for? Why?”.
– Dress yourself, noble lady, but go out into the courtyard. I found your family.
– Found it?
Nadzeya instantly got up and looked incredulously at Zbyshek. The man nodded reluctantly. She began to dress – slowly at first, then faster – hastily braided a silver-blue braid and ran, ran from the upper room, from the entryway.
Zbyszek barely kept up with the next. The clouds opened the moon a little and illuminated Wenceslas, who dismounted and with heavy steps approached Nadzia.They looked at each other intently, tensely – not like future husband and wife, but like wounded knights at a tournament.
– Are you holding me for a fool? – Vaclav asked quietly, threateningly and turned to Zbyshek.
He was taken aback.
– I don’t understand, my lord.
– So I don’t understand why you, lad, are you thrusting this herring instead of Ragneda?
Jadviga cackled with laughter like a real chicken.
“It’s not good for a prince to call a noblewoman a fish,” Zbyshek said bluntly.“If she’s not to your liking, it’s not my fault.
Nadzeya, not understanding, looked first at one, then at the other. Cold and anxiety shook her.
– So you, you fool, do you think, – asked Yadviga, – that my father Ragneda has never seen his portrait?
Zbyshek looked defiantly at the princess.
– And if you have seen, the most luminous, then what?
– And she is copper-haired, that’s what! – Vaclav answered for his daughter and turned to Nadzeya. – Have you seen the copper-haired panna with the incense? A? Hasn’t it fallen under the bench anywhere?
The noblewoman shook her head.
– Who are you yourself?
– Pale louse, – answered the prince Yadviga, and the gentry cackled.
– I’m not asking you, daughter. Speak, panna.
– Pan Zbyshek calls me Nadzeya. And I myself do not know. I forgot. And I don’t want to … I’m Nadzey. Nadzeya!
Vaclav paused, looked at Zbyshek.
– You lied, coming out? Oh boy? Or how should I understand this?
The prince’s hand fell on the hilt of the cord, and Zbyshek wanted to retreat. Miraculously, he regained control of himself and replied:
– I never lie, my lordship.Either she is Ragneda, or … I can’t take my head.
– Breshet, concluded Yadviga. – Like a gray gelding.
Vaclav took a step towards Zbyshek, and both froze. The prince looked for a long time, heavily, at last, winced, as if checking the coin with his teeth for a forgery.
– So that neither the lad nor your damned bread is seen in Yalin. And her, – the prince looked at Nadzeya, then turned to the gentry and again, as in a castle, swayed. – To the Locking Tower. Until she says who she is and where is my Ragneda.
Two weeks have passed. Passed, as in a snowstorm, without a gap and without news. Zbyshek only knew that to collect the same rumors – they say, Ragneda is still late, and the prince interrogates Nadzeya day and night, and she is silent, like the same fish on ice.
Zbyshek bread is not baked. Not out of fear – there was no desire. He seemed to be numb and waiting for something.
And he waited – thunder struck the Solstice. A local merchant, traveling from Staraya Volotva to Yalina, lost his way and came across a rich cart in the forest.Lying there were Ragneda’s warriors, her wet-drinkers, and she herself — slaughtered by someone like lambs.
Zbyshek, hearing this, rushed about the village whitewashed with snow, and then spat and, without hiding, without hiding, openly entered Yalina.
The guards did not stop him.
They did not stop him in front of the castle and in front of the prince’s bedchamber.
– What did I tell you, lad? – Asked Vaclav, barely saw Zbyshek. The ruler Yalin looked even bitter than the last time: he breathed quickly, stooped fairly and sat in a chair as if he was tired of holding his head.
Zbyshek bowed slightly and blurted out to the floor:
– She could not do it, my lordship. Judge for yourself.
– I’ll judge, – Vaclav with a shaking hand reached for the chest and raised the wine jug. – Tomorrow. When, with all honest people, she will be on the wheel. And tomorrow you can enter the city, lad. So be it. And today – get out.
The prince drank his wine greedily.
– But how, my lordship, did the gentry cope with the retinue? – Zbyshek did not calm down. – How is this possible?
– I don’t know how.- Vaclav wiped his mustache. – And if I’m not right – so let him call himself and tell everything. Ladanka will explain.
– She does not remember, the lightest. Does not remember!
– Here, lad, for such an occasion there is an excellent means for memory, – Vaclav with a crash put the jug on the chest. – The “Wheel” is called. They tie a man to him and crush his joints with an iron bar. It was then that he remembers everything.
I wanted to, it was, Zbyshek still say something, but changed his mind: he won’t be able to. Will not move the mountain.
– Will you allow me to see her, lordship? – Zbyshek asked defiantly.
The prince smiled painfully.
– Would be your insolence, lad, but in the cord ali in defiance.
– Not trained, most luminous.
– “Not trained”! Well go, if you want so, take a look.
Zbyshek barely bowed his head and headed away from the castle – to the Locking Tower. He did not know why he was going there, did not know what he would say to Nadzeya and what he would do afterwards, but he walked resolutely, straight ahead – until the house of the sorcerer loomed ahead.
It stood at the window in the snowdrifts: a crumbling hut with a bull’s skull nailed over the jamb.
Zbyshek paused, thoughtful and headed towards her through the creaky snow.
The sorcerer’s teeth turned out to be four, and not a pair, as the rumor said. Although her days were already drawing to a close, the gray hair did not touch her black hair, and her age was guessed only by the trembling of her hands, and by the deep, like castle ditches, wrinkles.
Zbyshek tilted his head and on the move, without dodging, asked:
– Do you know, madam, a means of how to return memory?
Vorozheya wetted her finger and turned over the page of the book she was reading at the window painted with frost.The winter light illuminated the left half of her face, and the fire of the hearth illuminated the right. The shadows were of different shades and moved oddly independently of each other.
– Suppose, sir baker, and I know. I also know that you will not like it.
Zbyshek stepped to the witchcraft and waved his hand.
– Not up to morals, lady. Will you help me? Tell me straight. What I can – I will repay.
The old woman bit her lips with two upper incisors and turned the page. A piece of wood cracked loudly in the hearth.
– You won’t change your mind, will you, sir baker?
Zbyshek shook his head.
– I would not have come otherwise.
– Would you come? Well then, listen. Since you are a baker, then … – she thought, leafed through the book and pointed at it with her finger, – however, no, first of all you will go to the butcher. Strain the blood into a jug. Yes, so that she does not get sick, throw a penny there.
– What kind of pyowku?
– Which in the swamp clings to your leg and cures the blood.
Zbyshek scratched the back of his head.
– Where can I get your penny in winter? The rivers are shackled, ladies, not like swamps.
– I’ll give it to you, sir baker! – the witch was angry. – Why are you so impatient?
Zbyshek bowed his head as a sign of humility.
– After you go to the churchyard, you will dig a not too old grave.
He nodded uncertainly.
– Put the bones in a sack and take them to the mill to Andrzej Kobyla. Say that I sent you, but you will return the bag.
Zbyshek nodded again – he was even more uncertain, for he already guessed what the sorcerer would finish.
– At midnight you will go to Andrzej again and take bone meal from him.Blood on it, and knead the dough on water and flour. How many things, you yourself will figure out, – she paused and looked at Zbyshek, as if checking: was she still frightened?
“I’ll think about it, lady,” he nodded reluctantly.
– Add three pinches of adonis. I’ll give you, sir baker, and him.
– It turns out, lady, I bake bread out of the foolishness of this?
– It turns out like this. I told you that it will not be to your heart.
– Well, then, lady? I’ll bake bread – then what?
– And then you will take it to your beloved.
Zbyszek stepped back in surprise – he had not yet said a word about Nadzie.
“As she bites it off,” the old woman continued, “she will begin to remember. Not all, of course. The most expensive thing. Important. Well, and you, – she paused and looked at him intently, – you will start to forget.
Zbyshek shrugged his shoulders at this look. He stood for a minute in thought.
– How can I repay you, lady?
– Pay? Pay back … the sorcerer pondered, then smiled with four teeth.- That’s what. They say that when an old woman arrives at the last hour on a black carriage, it happens that she likes a person. And very, very rarely, but she offers him to change. She will live it up a century. And he – to get on a cart and travel around the world, collect the dead. Have you heard that?
Zbyshek shook his head.
– My mother had other tales.
– Everyone has their own fairy tales. But I very much, sir baker, would like my old woman on the cart to offer me this. I don’t want to go into the dark and cold, it’s too early.
Zbyshek looked at the witch in confusion.
– How am I going to do this, lady?
The old woman giggled.
– Nothing. I know you can’t. That’s why I don’t need anything from you. I tried your bread – and thanks for that. Good bread. Made with soul. It will be a pity for him.
Something stung Zbyshek inside from these words. Kolnulo – and did not let go anymore, although he thanked the witch and through the snowstorm, with a penny in a pot and an adonis in a sack, went to the slaughterhouse.
– Is it you, Pan Zbyshek? – asked Nadzeya and sat down on the straw.
The chamber was cold and damp. The pink light of a frosty morning penetrated through a window at the height of the second floor and barely reached the stone floor.
– I, Panna Nadzeya, – Zbyshek unbuttoned the knapsack and held out a gray loaf, heavy as a horseshoe.
The noblewoman shook her head.
– I don’t want to. All the same before death you cannot eat and breathe.
– Not good … – Zbyshek shook the loaf and could not find a continuation.
They stared at each other, and Nadzeya was the first to surrender: she raised her weak, as if transparent hand, nipped off a piece of the hump.
“How disgusting to cut,” she whispered, and with a sigh put the crumb into her mouth. – Yes, and the taste.
The noblewoman was slowly chewing the crumb, and suddenly her blue eyes glazed over. His lips trembled, and his hand fell like a dry whip to the floor.
– Remember, Panna Nadzeya?
For a minute she stared at the wall, motionless, like a statue, then smiled askance.
– Zbyshek-Zbyshek … – she said, turned to him and touched his cheek in confusion. – My dear sir … I wish I didn’t remember anything.
She did not say more, for the grating clanked, and the guards grabbed Nadzeya by the arms, and Zbyshek was pushed back to the wall.
– Time of execution, – the voice of the captain sounded.
Snow was falling from the sky, falling white on red – on rowan berries – and white on white – on Nadzeya’s pale skin, on the silvery-blue stream of her hair.In despair, Zbyshek followed – through the crowded streets, to the square in front of the castle.
The noblewoman was brought to the platform, where Wenceslas was already standing in a gray veleis, buttoned with a copper brooch on his right shoulder, and Jadviga in a crimson dress. Three stalwart guards set up a tall, human-sized wheel at a distance.
– Will you call yourself, panna? – Vaclav Nadzee shouted, – I ask for the last time!
His voice sounded hoarse and uneven, as if he could barely speak.
Nadzeya raised her head.
– Why do you, prince, my name? You will not believe the present, and the false will not give you the answers you want to receive. Do you want to know whose hand took your betrothed? Ask not me, your daughter.
There was a noise in the crowd, but Vaclav raised his hand with a weak gesture, and silence reigned in the square.
– Master Ryhor, – the prince asked quietly.
The executioner lifted Nadzeya and, like a doll, put it on the platform. Then he got up himself and began to tie him to the wheel.
Zbyshek, who got stuck in the crowd, like in a snowdrift, was pushing his elbows even more furiously, even stronger – although he did not know what he would do if he got to the platform.
– First, I would have mercy on you, witch, – continued Vaclav in a powerless voice. – Explain everything. But slandering my daughter …
– Tell me, prince, did you feel the last weeks of weakness in the limbs? Did you sweat? Has your consciousness been clouded?
Vaclav froze. His hand went up to his forehead and wiped away the sweat.
– Is this your enchantment, witch? Well, they will go with you to the grave!
Nadzeya smiled sadly.
– Alas, my prince. This is not an enchantment. You felt the poison that your daughter gives you to drink, you barely knew about the young bride.
The crowd gasped. Zbyshek finally made his way to the very platform, but the guard rested the blade of a halberd in his chest.
– Lie! – Vaclav shouted hoarsely and coughed. – Slander of a vile witch.
– Alas, my prince. Not even a week will pass, as your body will be put in the frozen ground and covered with snow.
Vaclav turned to his daughter for the first time and looked at her. Yadwiga snorted.
– Father, who are you listening to? You got sick – so who doesn’t happen to?
The executioner tightened the last knot, took the steel bar and looked at the prince.Zbyshek froze. Vaclav put his hand to his eyes and swayed as if his head was spinning.
“You, prince, will not have a son,” Nadzeya continued, “which Ragneda could give you, and your daughter will rule here after your death. Her years will pass in revelry and drinking, and her descendants will return to the earth before her, and your principality will wither away like a tree with diseased roots. Villages will die out, cities will be empty and another family will take the crown here.
– Who are you ?! – Wenceslas exclaimed in hearts and took his hand away from his face.
Nadzeya was silent, as if pondering whether Wenceslas deserved to hear the truth or not. A snowflake fell on her cheekbone, melted quickly and rolled down her cheek like a tear.
– I was someone, my prince. Was before. Now I am an ordinary person. No talents, no wealth, no great destiny. Like you and your daughter, and everything in this world.
– Who? – Vaclav jumped from his place and rushed, breathing heavily, to the wheel. – Who are you?!
Nadzeya turned away, as if expecting a blow, and at that moment it seemed to Zbyshek that she was looking at him and that she was telling him, to no one else:
– I was one of those who give the last consolation.
– Nun? – Vaclav was amazed. “I’ll be damned if I believe it!
– Oh no, my prince. The very last … consolation.
It became especially quiet in the square. A baby screamed somewhere.
– You paint us as old women on black carts, but in reality we remain the same as we were during our lifetime. And your Ragneda will remain so.
– Lies … – Vaclav whispered. – Witch’s lie!
– You will see it when she comes for you. You will laugh, my prince.Your Ragneda really had a cheerful disposition. So cheerful that I missed the wind in my hair, the sun on my face, the earth under my feet. She was so cheerful that I wanted to offer her what was offered once to me in the last hour. I – to live out her age. She – to sit down instead of me on the beam of the black carriage. Agree, my prince: it is much better if people laugh on their deathbed. And I … I don’t know how to make you laugh.
The prince slowly, as in a dream, stepped towards Nadzeya and put his hand on the hilt of the cord.It seemed that he was gathering strength and was about to draw out his weapon – he himself would cut the noblewoman’s throat. But then Vaclav looked at the executioner. Into the crowd. To Jadwiga. He kept his eyes on her daughter, and the princess jerked and ran. She ran, hunched over, her head pressed into her shoulders, without a drop of honor and nobility in her posture – as traitors, thieves and murderers flee – across the square, through the city, away from the Lake Yalin. Nobody stopped her.
Zbyshek pulled the lock on the door of the bakery and fastened a sack to Bula’s harness.
Spring was already budding the trees and the bright sun was warming my back. Zbyshek jumped into the saddle with that single, but dexterous movement that he had taught the day before, and left the Lake Yalins.
Vorozheya turned out to be right – from the time he brought Nadzie some bone bread, Zbyshek’s business in the bakery went wrong. Every day, trouble happened to him: he would leave the flour damp, then he would not sift it; it will throw away the leaven. The bread burned more and more often, and if Zbyshek took it out on time, it fell like a tasteless stone into his stomach – because the baker forgot how steep the dough was kneaded.
The villagers complained of heaviness in the intestines and went less and less and paid more and more reluctantly. So the time came when Zbyshek sold the house to a local brovar – for a horse Bulka, a cord of one and a half cubits and a bottle of the old monastery beer.
This is the very beer Zbyshek sipped, swaying in the saddle and exposing his face to the warm wind.
Kord tapped on his leg and, no-no, he reminded Zbyshek of the prince. Wenceslas really died a week after his conversation with Nadzeya. There were rumors in Yalin that Wenceslas, losing his breath, suddenly burst out laughing, but for some reason Zbyshek did not believe this.
Yadviga hid in the woods for another month, and then returned. Nobody blamed her openly, because before his death, Wenceslas forgave his daughter, but since then the people have called the princess nothing else but “Fly agaric” – either for her love of poisons, or else for bright clothes.
Nadzeya was taken from the platform to the castle. Zbyshek followed, but he was never allowed – only in the evening the guards said that “the prince pardoned the panna, and she left the castle in a secret gallery, so as not to harm anyone with a word.”
– She whispered, – added the captain, – that if the local pan baker is looking for her, she asks him to turn.Because she knows and will never be able to forget.
– She said so, – the captain was embarrassed and whispered: – They say that she knows how long is given to whom.
Zbyszek Nadzieu never saw again. He remembered her less and less, but driving on this spring day along the Lake District, he could not resist and sent Bulka to last year’s reeds, where he first noticed the gentry.
Spring has already broken the ice, and in the thick blue waves Zbyshek saw his reflection: a young horseman with a sack in a sling.An ordinary person. No talents, no wealth, no great destiny.
“In which direction are you, – he heard his own voice, – noble lady?”
“I don’t know …”
“Now I don’t know either,” Zbyshek whispered.
He smiled at something, turned Bulka away from the water and started galloping.
Lyrics Kruger – Thorns and Roses lyrics songmeanings, video, clip
1. From eternal darkness, traces lead to the furnace of new life,
From the eternal darkness, the path leads to the weave of forces,
From the eternal darkness comes the light of birth and funeral,
From the eternal darkness, the dreams of the former luminaries come.
2. And eternity is the way,
And only the stars are pearls across the sky …
And eternity is the way,
Like the seeds of good and evil,
She gave the taste of thorns
The Cross of wine and bread,
She is calm like immortal ash. 2. Battle of Heaven –
A terrible rain will pour down on the earth!
2 Battle of Heaven –
Torture of purgatory at night and day.
Battle of Heaven –
The Ice Warriors met with Hell.
Battle of the Heavens –
The Horde will perish in the White Furnace!
Thy crown of thorns
Weaved the paths of buds and thorns.
The spirit of inferno gives poison
And in the night crosses burn …
Thorns and roses – joy and pain,
Thorns and roses – life and role,
Thorns and roses – truth and lies,
Thorns and roses – blood and a knife.
3. The thin line of life and death, Light and Darkness.
Sharp temptation beckons the lost with the face of the moon.
Wounds of the soul will be covered by a milky mist.
Blood on the cross will wash away lies and intoxication for a while.
Thorns and roses – day and night,
Thorns and roses – son and daughter,
Thorns and roses – honey and poison,
Thorns and roses – heaven and hell.
At the end of the epochs, a crowd trampled on God.
Vice is on the throne – the evil palace guards!
The gates were opened with the jester’s master key,
The great lie sharpened a hellish knife.
Unclean creature on the black altar
Lay down – surrendered to hellish lust for power.
The animal takes the female, the animal will enter the female.
And Satan will pour the seed into the filthy flesh!
Hellish horde, opening the gates,
Rushed out of the darkness, covering the earth with evil!
The wicked beast took the rabble into the bosom,
Under the wing of the horde, driving the sword into the rift.
The hour of the horde has come – Judas rose to his height.
Thirty cursed coins clinked in the darkness.
The beast is crawling like a snake, drinking the blood of the fallen.
Darkness obscures the view, blocking the white light.
Juice flows from the flowers of the moon –
Potion of secret enchantment for a magic dagger,
Where the rocks are sheer, there are thorns like ice,
There are flowers like heat, like eyes of dangerous stings.
Hell drives you into a criminal chain,
Hell legalized a wormy vice.
The Beast rules the horde of Satan.
Infernal werewolf is a false prophet muazine.
Worms on the corpses of the slain horde,
The fate of the dead is covered with decay.
Plague feasts on death of parasites
A sea of heads worn on pikes.
1. From eternal darkness, traces lead to the furnace of new life,
From eternal darkness leads the path to the weave of forces,
From eternal darkness comes the light of birth and feast,
From the eternal darkness, the dreams of former luminaries come.
2. And eternity is the way,
And only the stars are pearls across the sky…
And eternity is the way
Like seeds of good and evil
She gave a thorny taste
Cross wine and bread
She is calm as immortal ash. 2. Battle of Heaven –
A terrible rain will pour down on the ground!
2Battle of Heaven –
Torture of purgatory night and day.
Battle of heaven –
The ice warriors met with hell.
Battle of heaven –
The Horde will perish in the white furnace!
Your crown of thorns
Weaved the paths of buds and thorns.
Inferno Spirit Gives Poison
And in the night the crosses burn …
Thorns and roses – joy and pain
Thorns and roses – life and role
Thorns and roses are true and false
Thorns and roses – blood and a knife.
3. The thin line of life and death, Light and Darkness.
Sharp temptation beckons the lost with the face of the moon.
The wounds of the soul will be covered by a milky mist.
The blood on the cross will wash away the lies and intoxication for a while.
Thorns and roses – day and night
Thorns and roses – son and daughter,
Thorns and roses – honey and poison
Thorns and roses are heaven and hell.
At the end of the epochs, the crowd trampled on God.
Vice is on the throne – the evil palace guards!
The gate is open with the jester’s master key,
The great lie has sharpened a hellish knife.
Unclean creature on the black altar
She lay down – gave herself up to hellish lust for power.
The animal takes the female, the animal will enter the female.
And Satan will pour the seed into the filthy flesh!
Hellish horde, opening the gates,
It rushed out of the darkness, covering the earth with evil!
The wicked beast took the rabble into its bosom,
Under the wing of the horde, driving the sword into the rift.
The hour of the horde has come – Judas rose to his height.
Thirty cursed coins clinked in the darkness.
The beast crawls like a snake, drinks the blood of the fallen.
The darkness obscures the view, blocking out the white light.
From the flowers of the moon juice flows –
Potion of arcane spell on magic dagger,
Where the cliffs are steep, there are thorns like ice,
There are flowers, like heat, like the eyes of dangerous stings.
Hell drives you into a criminal chain
Hell legalized wormy vice.
The beast rules the horde of Satan.
The hellish werewolf is a false prophet moazine.