How to relieve hangover nausea: The request could not be satisfied
5 tips to handle hangover nausea
(BPT) – Party a little too hearty last night? Chances are, you may have woken up with some of the classic symptoms of a hangover: headache, sensitivity to light and noise, fatigue, thirst, irritability and worst of all — nausea.
Hangovers can make it pretty difficult to function the next day. According to the National Institutes of Health, how you feel after over-imbibing in alcohol can vary a great deal from person to person, and depends on how much you drank the night before. But face it, a hangover can make you feel miserable — and eager to find relief, fast.
Unfortunately, there are also a lot of myths out there about what helps you feel better when you’ve got a hangover, and especially how to relieve that most unpleasant symptom of nausea.
Here are some tried and true tips for preventing and coping with hangover nausea.
1. Know your limits
If you’ve had a hangover before, you may have an idea how much you can drink without making yourself sick the next day. However, over-imbibing can impair your judgment — and memory — when it comes to drinking. The National Institutes of Health website warns that any time you drink to the point of intoxication, you risk developing a hangover.
The UK’s National Health Service recommends eating foods containing carbohydrates (pasta or rice) and fats (oils, butter) before drinking, as they can help slow your body’s absorption of alcohol. And the Mayo Clinic reports that lighter-colored alcoholic beverages are somewhat less likely to produce hangover symptoms — though the amount consumed is the most important factor.
2. Stay hydrated
One tactic recommended by WebMD for avoiding over-drinking is to alternate alcoholic drinks with glasses of water. Not only does that slow down your alcohol consumption, it also helps prevent the dehydrating effects of drinking too much — which can also contribute to feeling nauseated the next day.
If you wake up with nausea after a night of drinking, sipping slowly on cold water or fizzy drinks like clear soda or ginger ale can help you rehydrate and settle your stomach a little.
3. Use acupressure wrist bands
Specially designed wrist bands from Sea-Band Nausea Relief stimulate an exact acupressure point by a plastic stud attached to the inside of the band. This specific acupressure point in the wrist is called the P6 (or Nei Guan in Chinese medicine), which can help relieve nausea and upset stomach when pressure is applied. Just adjust the soft and comfortable wrist band to fit snugly on your wrist to help relieve nausea within minutes.
“Acupressure helps to relieve nausea and upset stomach with no need for medications, which can sometimes make you feel worse or harm your liver,” said family practitioner Dr. Ian Cracknell. “Sea-Bands are an effective, low-cost and drug-free alternative that I often recommend to my patients. They are clinically proven to reduce nausea in patients caused by things like motion sickness, migraines, morning sickness and hangovers.”
Approaching the holidays, it’s a great idea to stock up on re-usable Sea-Bands for yourself, and as great stocking stuffers! Sea-Band wrist bands are available in pharmacies everywhere. To learn more about Sea-Bands and how they work, visit Sea-Band.com/FAQs.
4. Don’t try the “hair of the dog”
The old expression “hair of the dog that bit you” refers to the idea that having more alcohol the morning after can make you feel better. In fact, drinking more the next day is not likely to help.
Because alcohol irritates the stomach lining and increases the release of acid, the National Institutes of Health warns that drinking more the next morning is only likely to increase your stomach irritation and feelings of nausea.
5. Eat lightly
To further aid your stomach in its hangover recovery, eating lightly can help you feel better. Sipping on soup or broth, or nibbling on crackers, can help reduce those unpleasant feelings of nausea.
The upshot is, to completely avoid the risk of developing a hangover, you would need to avoid alcohol altogether. But if you do drink, limiting your alcohol intake to no more than one or two drinks (depending on the amount of alcohol in each drink) and not drinking on an empty stomach can help to some degree. Ultimately, the best cure for hangover nausea (and other unpleasant symptoms) is time.
How to Stop Throwing Up After Drinking Alcohol
This can make it more likely you’ll experience small tears that can damage the esophagus and potentially lead to bleeding.
Drinking alcohol to excess can lead to a host of hangover symptoms, including throwing up. Vomiting is your body’s response to excess toxins from alcohol in your body.
While vomiting may make you feel awful, the risks from excess toxins can be damaging to your system. That’s why it’s best to let your body do its thing, while taking steps to prevent complications like dehydration.
Throwing up is your body’s way of ridding itself of a toxin — in this case, alcohol. Instead of stopping yourself from throwing up, it’s best to simply help yourself feel better until your body’s gotten rid of all the alcohol.
Alcohol overdose or alcohol poisoning is a potentially life threatening occurrence that happens when a person drinks so much that their body can’t compensate for all the alcohol in their bloodstream. This causes symptoms like confusion, vomiting, seizures, slow heart rate, problems breathing, and low body temperatures. Alcohol poisoning also impairs a person’s gag reflex, so they can’t prevent choking on their own vomit.
Anyone who consumes a large amount of alcohol in a short time period can experience alcohol poisoning. If you see a person you think may be experiencing alcohol poisoning, turn them on their side and call 911. Acting quickly may save their life.
Should you make yourself throw up after a night of drinking?
You’ll probably notice one suggestion that didn’t make the above list: intentionally making yourself throw up after a night of drinking.
While you may have a friend that swears by this approach, it’s a dangerous one. Making yourself throw up can put greater strain on your esophagus. This can make it more likely you’ll experience small tears that can damage the esophagus and potentially lead to bleeding.
Intentional vomiting also increases your risk for acid reflux, damage to your teeth, and aspiration. This is when your stomach contents accidentally go into your lungs.
If you feel like you’re going to vomit, it’s best to let it happen naturally. You’ll retch less and reduce your risk for additional health problems that can happen when you make yourself throw up.
Complications of throwing up after drinking alcohol
Throwing up after drinking can make you feel awful. In addition to nausea and vomiting, you may have other hangover symptoms like body aches and a headache.
One of the most significant complications is dehydration. This can affect your body’s ability to function, and can even damage your kidneys. Drinking even small sips of fluids periodically can help to prevent dehydration from occurring.
Other potential, but rarer complications from throwing up after drinking include:
- damage to the lining of the stomach or esophagus
- gastrointestinal bleeding due to irritation or tears in the esophageal lining
- aspiration of vomit into the lungs, which can lead to pneumonia
Ideally, these will not occur after a night of drinking, but if you make binge drinking a habit, the likelihood of more severe complications increases.
Why drinking alcohol makes you throw up
While it doesn’t always feel like it, vomiting is one of your body’s protective reflexes against toxins. When you drink alcohol, your body breaks it down into acetaldehyde, a by-product of alcohol.
Your body can’t keep up
If you don’t overdo it on the drinking, your body (specifically, your liver) neutralizes acetaldehyde with a substance it makes called glutathione. Your body processes the two compounds, and you’re fine.
Except when you drink too much. Then, your liver can’t make enough glutathione to keep up with what you’re drinking. Eventually, your body realizes the liver isn’t going to be able to keep up with how much acetaldehyde is present and gets rid of it another way — through vomiting.
Alcohol irritates the stomach lining
There are other factors at play that can make you vomit after drinking heavily. In addition to the buildup of acetaldehyde, excess alcohol can irritate the stomach lining. This causes a buildup of acid that makes you feel more nauseated.
Chronic alcohol exposure may cause gastritis
People who drink alcohol to excess on a regular basis are at increased risk for a condition called alcohol gastritis. This is when chronic alcohol exposure irritates the stomach lining and damages it.
People with alcohol gastritis can experience frequent stomach-related concerns, such as ulcers, nausea, and acid reflux. Chronic alcohol interferes with absorption of nutrients and is linked to cancer, diabetes, pancreatitis, cirrhosis, and more.
There are times when throwing up after a night of drinking turns from something you’ll get over to something you need to see a doctor for.
Seek medical treatment if you:
- have been continuously vomiting for more than 24 hours
- can’t keep fluids or food down
- have signs of dehydration, such as dizziness, dark urine, or inability to pee for some time
- see blood in your vomit
- start to have problems breathing
- have a temperature greater than 101. 5°F
Becoming dehydrated can lead to a number of health problems in your body. That’s why it’s best to seek medical treatment sooner than later if you have dehydration signs.
Usually, hangover symptoms like vomiting will go away within 24 hoursTrusted Source. If you do vomit after drinking, it’s best to let your stomach upset run its course.
Taking steps to prevent dehydration can help you feel better once the alcohol toxins are out of your body. If your vomiting continues or you start to get dehydrated, seek immediate medical attention.
This article is from Healthline – https://www.healthline.com/health/throwing-up-after-drinking#takeaways
How to Get Rid of a Hangover in Las Vegas
There’s a reason the iconic buddy comedy “The Hangover” takes place in Las Vegas — the desert oasis famed for its wild nightlife. But if you’ve had a bit too much to drink in Las Vegas, you don’t have to miss any action due to a hangover. You can even avoid the unpleasant hangover symptoms of nausea, dehydration, headaches and fatigue when you take the correct steps.
While there’s no magic potion for curing hangovers, you can bounce back from a night out more quickly if you know the top tricks for dealing with day-after symptoms. Below, you’ll find out all there is to know about hangover causes and how to get rid of a hangover fast at home.
What Causes a Hangover?
A hangover results from drinking too much alcohol. For some people, a single alcoholic beverage is enough to cause a hangover in the morning, while others may be able to indulge more without experiencing symptoms.
These are the main effects of having too much alcohol.
- Dehydration: Alcohol makes you have to urinate more frequently, which can lead to dehydration, often marked by thirst, lightheadedness and dizziness.
- Inflammation: Alcohol prompts an inflammatory response from the immune system, potentially causing symptoms like memory issues, an inability to focus, decreased appetite or a loss of interest in usual activities.
- Increased stomach acid: Alcohol can irritate your stomach lining and cause abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting by increasing the production of stomach acid while delaying stomach emptying.
- Low blood sugar: Alcohol may make your blood sugar dip below a healthy level, which could lead to weakness, fatigue, shakiness, mood swings and even seizures if it dips too low.
- Larger blood vessels: Alcohol makes blood vessels expand, which can result in headaches.
- Drowsiness: While alcohol can make you tired, it typically disrupts the sleep cycle throughout the night, leaving you groggy the next day.
What Eases a Hangover?
While a hangover can put a damper on your morning, you can take a few steps the night before to prevent regrets the next day. If you know you will be drinking more than usual, try following these strategies.
- Drinking prickly pear extract: Taking prickly pear extract several hours before drinking can help decrease your hangover symptoms’ intensity by about half. While experts aren’t sure how this substance works, the hypothesis is that the extract contains a protein that lowers the inflammation you can get after overindulging in alcoholic drinks.
- Eating enough: Make sure you eat a complete meal before drinking alcohol. Having food in your stomach when drinking can keep your blood alcohol concentration in check by slowing the body’s absorption of the alcohol.
- Staying hydrated: Drinking water can also slow the rate at which the body absorbs alcohol, which ultimately lowers your BAC. Try to alternate alcoholic beverages and non-alcoholic drinks throughout the night. Also, drink more water before going to bed to lessen alcohol’s dehydrating effects.
However, if you can’t stave off a hangover and wake up with your head pounding, you still have some remedies to turn to for relief. While there’s no guaranteed way to cure a hangover, these methods may help minimize your symptoms.
- Have some sugar: Because alcohol lowers your blood sugar, having a high-carbohydrate breakfast or sipping on a glass of juice is essential for bringing your sugar levels back up as your body works the alcohol out of your system.
- Avoid overeating: When too much alcohol is present, the stomach empties more slowly, which can cause indigestion, nausea and vomiting. Having a large, greasy breakfast can worsen these symptoms.
- Drink water and caffeine: Drinking water in the morning is crucial for counteracting alcohol’s dehydrating effects. Pedialyte or a sports drink can also help you rehydrate quickly because they contain electrolytes. Drinking caffeine can also help alleviate hangover symptoms by increasing your heart rate and constricting your blood vessels to correct the dilated blood vessels that alcohol causes.
- Get potassium: As a natural muscle relaxer, potassium can help you overcome any muscle aches from a hangover. Bananas are rich in potassium and may offer some symptom relief.
- Take a pain medication: Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen can help decrease the headache and other pains that may come with a hangover. However, make sure you don’t take anything containing acetaminophen, which can cause severe liver issues when mixed with alcohol.
Should You See a Doctor About a Hangover?
In general, a hangover after one night’s drinking will go away on its own. However, you may want to consult your doctor if frequent hangovers are beginning to affect your quality of life, including your ability to perform at work or maintain healthy relationships.
Additionally, there are some more severe signs and symptoms to watch out for after a night of heavy drinking. These symptoms may indicate alcohol poisoning, which is a life-threatening emergency. If someone who has been drinking exhibits any of the following signs, call 911 or your local emergency number immediately:
- Irregular breathing — more than 10 seconds between breaths
- Slow breathing — fewer than eight breaths per minute
- Pale or blue-tinged skin
- Hypothermia — low body temperature
- Difficulty remaining conscious
- Passing out and staying unresponsive
Can IV Therapy Help a Hangover?
IV therapy is one of the best ways to ease hangover symptoms quickly. Though a typical hangover lasts about 24 hours, you don’t have to spend all day feeling miserable if you receive IV therapy. IV packages deliver rapid rehydration, which will help you recover from a hangover quicker.
While other hangover cures — like drinking lots of water, eating sugar and taking pain medications — can take hours to provide relief, IV therapy can help rehydrate your body and replenish its nutrients much faster. IV therapy infuses crucial fluids and vitamins straight into your bloodstream so your body can absorb them as quickly as possible. This treatment allows you to start feeling better in about half an hour.
Specifically, these IV package ingredients will help you overcome a hangover.
- IV fluid: The electrolyte-rich IV fluid will help you rehydrate faster.
- Glutathione: This powerful antioxidant can help combat hangover symptoms by lowering the body’s acetaldehyde toxicity.
- Vitamin B complex: B vitamins provide you with a much-needed nutrient boost after drinking too much.
- Vitamin B12: This B vitamin, specifically, can help you overcome hangover-related fatigue.
- Anti-nausea and vomiting medicine: This medicine can reduce alcohol-caused irritation and inflammation in your stomach and gastrointestinal tract to quickly end your nausea and vomiting.
- Anti-heartburn and reflux medicine: This medicine can ease uncomfortable hangover symptoms by temporarily decreasing the amount of acid secreted in your stomach to relieve the irritation caused by alcohol.
- Anti-inflammatory, headache, and pain medicine: This medicine helps minimize the aches, fever, headaches, and general pain that usually come with a hangover.
Receive IV Therapy for Your Hangover From Mobile IV Medics
As a popular destination for gambling, clubbing, vacationing, and parties of all sorts, Las Vegas can also be a top hangover spot. If you don’t want to spend your time in Las Vegas feeling hungover, let Mobile IV Medics bring quick hangover relief right to your door. We offer a hangover IV drip package that can help you bounce back from a long night.
At Mobile IV Medics, we save you the trouble of going to the ER and spending hours in the waiting room by coming directly to your hotel room, home, or office to give you IV treatment. Our registered nurses can arrive as soon as an hour after you book your appointment to administer your IV drip, so you can feel back to normal in minutes.
Schedule your appointment online today, or contact Mobile IV Medics with any questions about our services.
About the author
Brad Wenderoth, Pharm.D.
Brad Wenderoth, Pharm.D. is a licensed pharmacist and co-owner of Mobile IV Medics. With over 16 years of healthcare experience, Brad is bringing his expertise and passion for patient care to the Mobile IV Medics patient population. Prior to Mobile IV Medics, Brad worked in varying areas including both direct patient care and hospital leadership at Keck Medicine of the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles, nationwide health system pharmacy consulting for Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS), and professor of pharmacy at the USC School of Pharmacy. He holds a doctorate in pharmacy from the University of Arizona, a pharmacy practice residency from USC, and a lean six sigma green belt from Johns Hopkins.
Is There Medication For Hangovers?
Overindulgence in the holiday season is a plague that’s very familiar to many among us. All it takes is a bit too much champagne when ringing in the New Year and all of a sudden, January 2nd hits. Of course, the risk of a hangover is not restricted to New Year’s celebrations. Partygoers and fun-lovers of all kinds risk running afoul of our body’s natural balance when we indulge a little too hard and find ourselves reaping the rewards of our over-eager behavior. But is there any way to lessen the impact of a hangover?
The unpleasant symptoms of a hangover include lethargy, dehydration, diarrhea, shakiness, headaches, dry mouth, dry eyes, nausea, low blood sugar, and sleep disturbances.
“There is no cure for hangovers, we can only relieve symptoms,” says supervising pharmacist at Medly Pharmacy, Jacky Zhang. “The products you can use for headache can be aspirin or ibuprofen. Do not use Tylenol because it’s bad for your liver, since you just ingested a large amount of alcohol. In regards to diarrhea and vomiting, I would recommend intake of Pedialite to hydrate your body. As for any stomach or nausea, you could take any antacids. You just need rest. Get plenty of sleep and allow the body to naturally recover itself.”
Hangovers are in fact an immune response and don’t have anything to do with electrolyte imbalances, ketones or anything else. They are caused by inflammation.
Because hangovers are caused by inflammation, aspirin and other anti-inflammatories like naproxen and ibuprofen may be effective at resolving the aches and pains associated with a hangover. However, they may also further irritate the stomach lining, so it’s advisable to at least not take these drugs on an empty stomach.
Two regular-strength tablets of aspirin, naproxen or ibuprofen before bed should help reduce the severity of your hangover. Note that acetaminophen is not an anti-inflammatory, so taking it won’t help your hangover symptoms any.
Nausea is one of the classic symptoms of a hangover, but you don’t need to suffer silently as there are plenty of effective anti-nausea medications on the market. Zofran, Pepcid, and even some humble alka-seltzer will all help to combat the shaky stomach of a post-party hangover sufferer.
Prickly pear extract
A 2004 study showed a reduction in severity of hangover symptoms of up to 50% if taken two hours before drinking. Though the way it works is not fully understood, it may function as an anti-inflammatory.
Supplements in the U.S. are not regulated or tested for safety, so be careful when choosing a brand of supplements.
Studies show positive results for vitamin B-6 — not vitamin B-12 — when it comes to reducing the impact of hangover symptoms. Take 400 mg when you start drinking, 400 mg three hours later, and 400 mg when your night comes to an end in order to receive the best possible benefit.
There are other things you can do to control the severity and duration of your hangover, such as drink lots of water, sleep as much as possible, and avoid drinks with a high degree of congeners, such as whiskey, tequila, bourbon, and brandy. Congeners impart those drinks with their color and flavor, but they give you worse hangovers than clear drinks like vodka. All the same, the list of medications above will help you if you run into trouble and have hangovers you need to fix. Just take care not to do anything too strenuous while your body recovers, and take note of the rest for next time.
9 BEST hangover cures for headaches and nausea | London Evening Standard
f you are tired of regrettable Sunday blues and a day wasted on the sofa feeling the effects of the night before, these are the products and practices that will help you feel like your former self.
While we are all looking for that quick fix solution, we hate to tell you that the ultimate hangover cure does not exist, expect for not drinking in the first place, BUT there are ways to manage the symptoms.
As we get older, the headaches, sicky feeling, fatigue, dizziness and dehydration feels more acute and our once boundless stamina starts to go downhill – popping an ibuprofen or Aspirin may not be an effective solution (and should never be taken on an empty stomach).
Why do we get hangovers and what are the best cures?
First and foremost, sleep is always the best medicine as alcohol can alter your brain activity while you are hitting the hay, resulting in a disturbed snooze. It is also important to line your stomach and stay hydrated. Alcohol is a diuretic and so you should always drink one glass of water for each alcoholic beverage you consumer to counteract the dehydration. Contrary to popular belief, hair of the dog does not cure your hangover and only delays the effects.
There are also a few vitamins and minerals that work to refuel your body and combat the overindulgence to make the next day that extra bit easier. We have consulted the experts – and tried and tested ourselves (it was a tough job but someone had to do it) to find the best ways to fight that hangover feeling.
Biocol Labs – Liver
It is well known that your liver takes the brunt of alcohol drinking and this handy capsule helps to soothe the post-night out effect with a combination of milk thistle, artichoke and choline.
This essential powdered formula is ideal when travelling to exotic locations to counteract upset tummies as it is recommended to replace lost salt and minerals – and the same is true for hangovers.
Shamir Patel, pharmacist and founder of Chemist 4 U explains, “This can help you to feel better and have more energy, and this is especially effective if you have been sick or nauseous.” It is also confirmed by London’s leading nutritionist Lily Soutter who adds that the “electrolyte solution will help to rehydrate the body and replace lost fluids after drinking. ”
Best vegan protein powder
Over Indulgence Milk Thistle Capsules
Take these milk thistle capsules twice daily to maximise the effects of the star hangover busting ingredient. According to nutritionist Lily Soutter, “Studies have shown that the active components of milk thistle may help to ease liver inflammation and promote cell repair.” This explains why the herbal remedy is used to boost your liver and protect it from substances like alcohol.
Long a staple part of the post-night out cure kit, Berocca puts much-needed electrolytes and essential vitamins and minerals back into your body, including both vitamin C and B. Rachel Clarkson, registered dietitiian at The DNA Dietitian explains that the formula “gives a heavy dose of vitamin C – a potent anti-oxidant that fights off free radicals that may be caused by drinking.”
It may be considered an old wives tale to drink pickle juice on a hangover but registered, Rachel Clarkson, confirms the solution works to “replenish your electrolytes because it’s a mix of water, sugar and salt. ”
Step up your rehydration with this beverage from More Labs. The formula contains dihydromyricetin – derived from the Japanese raisin tree – and alongside Prickly Pear Extract supports your liver and boosts its natural ability to break down alcohol. The vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and nut-free supplement is available for worldwide shipping.
The CBD market has exploded with new brands popping up left, right and centre claiming the non-hallucinogenic part of marijuana can cure a whole host of ailments. On top of inflammation and insomnia, these include nausea, headaches and anxiety which become more acute after drinking.
Holy Moly Smashed Avocado
The nation’s favourite breakfast ingredient may be have more of a benefit for your hangover than you thought. Pharmacist Shamir Patel reveals that “avocados have high potassium, which can help restore your levels from alcohol consumption and tackle dehydration” and when paired with toast, it’s even better. “Though a queasy stomach may put you off the idea, you really should try to fill up on food. Carbohydrates will keep you full, and fats help replace the acids lost to drinking,” Patel adds.
Drinking alcoholic beverages can lead to a hangover. The amount of alcohol that can be consumed before a hangover is experienced varies from person to person based on a number of factors including gender, age, weight, and health status. There are a variety of factors that contribute to experiencing a hangover.
Signs and Symptoms of a Hangover
- Dry mouth
- Heartburn, nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea
- Fatigue and “feeling sluggish”
- Body aches
- Red eyes
- Inability to concentrate
As a diuretic, alcohol leads to increased urination often causing dehydration, electrolyte imbalances and lower blood sugar levels. Alcohol also has toxic effects on the brain and liver and irritating effects on the stomach and intestine. In particular, dark or colored alcohols (i.e. whiskey, red wine, and tequila) contain small amounts of congener, which is a toxin that may make experiencing a hangover more likely. At high enough levels, alcohol (a depressant) may lead to decreased respiration resulting in coma and death.
Treating a Hangover
Prevention is the best medicine. The best way to treat a hangover is through prevention. Hangovers can be prevented by limiting the amount of alcohol you choose to consume at any given occasion and being sure to alternate alcoholic beverages with non-alcoholic beverages. Water, sports drinks with electrolytes, and juice help replenish electrolytes and vitamins lost when drinking alcohol.
If you are experiencing a hangover, over the counter pain medication and antacids may help relieve symptoms. Acetaminophen based pain relievers, when taken as directed, should be safe for most students to use. Pain relievers with aspirin or ibuprofen should be taken only with food to prevent stomach irritation.
- Call the Nurse Advice Line (512) 475-6877 (NURS) if you or someone you know are experiencing persistent nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea following alcohol use please call.
- Call 911 or go to a local emergency room immediately if someone you know is experiencing a potentially deadly alcohol overdose with any of the following symptoms:
- loss of consciousness (cannot be roused when shaken),
- slow, shallow or irregular breathing,
- vomiting while unconscious,
- seizure-like activity (involuntary movements of any part of the body) or
- pale or bluish skin color.
Alcohol and Drugs
Bruce the Bat
Programs and Classes
AlcoholEdu and SAPU
Brief Alcohol Screening Intervention for College Students (BASICS)
Center for Students in Recovery
Student Amnesty for Alcohol Emergencies
The Best Hangover Cures – The Stay Club
When there are positive vibes, the alcohol is flowing & you are simply in the mood to celebrate for no reason whatsoever, you already know what is going to come next. A dirty, sneaky hangover. In under 24 hours, you go from being level-headed & composed to being overwhelmed with a mind-blowing headache & feeling sick at the slightest turn. What do you do? Here, we share the most effective tips on how to cure a hangover after a fun-filled night of drinking. But first, let’s dip inside on what causes these dreaded moments.
What Exactly Is A Hangover?
The main culprit is acetaldehyde. Acetaldehyde plays a huge contribution to the cause of hangovers. A metabolite of (ethanal) aka alcohol, this chemical can interfere with your body’s natural balance and insufficient quantity levels can be 30 times more toxic than the alcohol itself. These symptoms tend to bring about motion sickness, nausea, vomiting and can lead to cogitative effects like memory loss. Which I’m sure many can relate to.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure
The best way to avoid a hangover is to simply not drink at all or to not drink in excess amounts. Yes, you read right. However, the reality is… most people will willingly avoid this step and we don’t blame you. I mean, who doesn’t want an endless round of Jager bombs! Here at the Stay Club, we have gathered effective steps on how to avoid a hangover.
1. Don’t Start the Party on An Empty Stomach
To help minimize the effects of alcohol, ensure that you’re drinking gradually on a full stomach. The fat will help line the walls of your stomach & this will help slow down the rate at which your body absorbs the drug. It’s best to stick to carbohydrates. When in doubt, eat a nice plate of pasta!
2. Keep Calm & Drink Water!
If you feel that you’re about to be overwhelmed with drinking, it’s always a good idea to take a break and have a bottle or a glass of water. This will keep you hydrated & and reduce any hangover symptoms that will most likely occur the next day. Dehydration is the main cause of headaches, so ensure that you have a glass before your bedtime. Trust me, it will change your life!
3. What’s the rush, hun?!
The effect of alcohol tends to magically creep up on you when you least expect it. Funnily enough, a lot of people fall into the trap of drinking continuously without knowing that at any moment, the alcohol will finally pounce, and you won’t be able to handle it. Your body takes up to 1 hour to break down one unit of alcohol which is a shot. Take your time, leave gaps & enjoy the gradual stimulation. You’re most likely to remember your night the next day *wink wink*.
4. The Lighter the drink, the better the hangover
Picking your poison can determine your hangover levels, this is due to the congeners in the drink, an element that is produced when the alcohol is fermented. Dark alcoholic drinks such as red wine, brandy, or dark rum will have more congeners, whereas, white wine, vodka & gin will have less. To sum up, pick your poison wisely, you’ve been warned!
It’s Too Late for That, I Need A Cure!
Now, if you’ve gone past the “avoiding a hangover” stage, and you are knee-deep, then this section is dedicated specially for you. There are many stood-by cures out there & can range in different methods or styles reflecting the drinking culture of that said community. For example, you can cure a hangover by drinking coffee (U.S), drinking green tea (China), or by eating shrimp (Mexico). However, it’s all about finding a cure that best works for you. Though, the question is, do hangover cures work? Scientifically, there is no real evidence that these cures help to relieve them. Fortunately, there are ways to lessen some symptoms and provide further relief.
Find the Best Hangover Cure
Now we can’t magically make your hangover disappear with a wink of an eye, however, we can offer the next best thing to help manage your heavy hangovers & get you back to normal. Remember, the best hangover cure can be a unique remedy that your body is most receptive to. Here is an official list of how to cure a hangover. These are tired, tested & safe methods that you can experiment with:
1. Pills, Pills, Pills
Your first thought to relieve your hangover is to probably grab a load of painkillers. We get it, though it’s not recommended, we understand that some hangovers can be excruciatingly uncomfortable. However, by taking the recommended dose, it will do the job, when you need it most. Ibuprofen is the most effective, at a proposed dose. Accompany your ibuprofen with a nice, chilled glass of water before you go to bed. There’s nothing better.
2. Recharge Your Battery
Time & rest is probably one of the best cures for a hangover. Drinking can often disrupt your sleep cycle, which can intensify your hangover, increasing your fatigue and irritability. It’s very important to reenergize your battery, even if you have important commitments the next day. Call in late or take the day off and allow time and rest to fix you up back to your full form!
3. Take a Shower!
Once you’ve rested and feel like you can stand on both feet, freshen up by having a long, cool shower. This will help wake up your senses. Try to avoid a hot temperature as the steam may worsen your nausea. However, if a cool temperature is a no-go for you, open those windows!
4. Get Some Grub in Your Tum!
Though a sensitive method of choice, it’s still a very important step to take on the road to recovery. Now you can’t just eat any old meal as your stomach is still too sensitive. Start with something simple & bland like a slice of bread or crackers. These carbs will help regulate your blood sugar, reducing nausea and dizziness. Incorporate some fresh fruits like bananas to increase your potassium levels. If you’re a drinking pro, a classic fry-up is always a good idea.
5. Water for your matter
Alcohol can dehydrate your body severely and it’s very important to rehydrate it, especially after the numerous toilet breaks you’ve had the night before. Have a good’ ol glass of water before you go to sleep and the moment you wake up. Pour a fresh glass every few hours to ensure that its constantly flowing throughout your body.
How Can I Get Rid of Nausea?
Probably one of the most uncomfortable symptoms of hangovers is having waves of nausea. Here are some remedies to help you relieve them.
1. Ginger or Peppermint tea anyone?
Have yourself a nice hot drink of ginger or peppermint tea. These traditional teas have been a lifesaver for many years. Studies show that ginger & peppermint helped to relieve morning sickness and nausea by suppressing the chemicals in your gut that tells your brain that you’re going to be sick. If you’re opting for a natural remedy, then this is the step for you!
2. Fresh air
Ensure that you get enough fresh air to waken your system. The cool air helps to increase blood flow throughout your body & brain, helping to reduce nausea. Go out for a nice stroll, the fresh air will do you wonders!
What About Good Old-Fashioned Hair Of The Dog?
You didn’t think we’d end this post without discussing this step, did you?! A highly controversial remedy, the ‘Hair of the dog’ method is probably one of the biggest myths in curing a hangover. Drinking more might delay your symptoms, however, it will be patiently waiting to create an inevitable crash that could compromise your overall health. Face the music and allow time to help you recover. Delaying your hangover is never a good idea.
There you have it, here are the most recommended remedies that you can incorporate to relieve those dreaded hangovers. Be mindful that you must find a cure that is most receptive to your body as everyone is built differently. Though we believe that prevention is better than cure, still have a go at experimenting with these steps as it’s all part of the growing up process. For a cheeky discount on your favourite drinks & cocktails be sure to check out our partners & plan your fun-filled nights ahead!
The Best Hangover Cures2021-04-262021-04-26https://www.thestayclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/logo-blank-opt.pngThe Stay Clubhttps://www.thestayclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/blog-hangover.jpg200px200px
90,000 Alcohol Hangovers – How to Quickly Relieve Symptoms at Home
Some studies indicate that hangovers are more likely to occur in people who consume light or moderate alcoholic beverages – wine, beer, cocktails, according to the Harvard Medical School.
To the topic All about a hangover: symptoms, causes and how to deal with it
However, there are several opposite studies showing that people with alcoholism have the worst hangover symptoms.And their alcohol dependence arises from the fact that they fall into a vicious circle – they drink to relieve symptoms.
Hangover – symptoms:
- Unbearable throbbing headache;
- Dry mouth, heartburn, thirst;
- Palpitations, heart rhythm disturbances;
- Increased excretion of urine, disturbed stool, diarrhea;
- Sharp mental perception of the environment, trembling of the limbs and the whole body, irritability;
- Redness of eyes, sensitivity to light and noise, loss of appetite;
- Muscle pain;
- Depression can cover the so-called “adrenaline anguish” – a feeling of guilt, a feeling that the day before he did something inappropriate and wrong.
How to relieve a hangover / Photo wworld. com.ua
How to get rid of a hangover and nausea after drinking at home
- The most common method of dealing with hangover symptoms is one or two doses of alcohol. However, doctors and experts strongly advise against this method, because it can lead to alcoholism.
- During a hangover, it is advised to drink plenty of fluids. Alcohol suppresses the release of vasopressin, a hormone that lowers urine levels.As a result, a person urinates frequently, which leads to excessive loss of body fluids. If the hangover is accompanied by diarrhea, sweating, or vomiting, then this further provokes dehydration. Therefore, even if you are nauseous and not thirsty, even a few sips of water can help.
- Alcohol can lower blood sugar levels, so in theory, fatigue and headaches could be caused by a lack of carbohydrates. Moreover, given the fact that some people forget to eat and eat before a feast.If you feel hungover, eat. This will allow you to recover faster.
- Aspirin, ibuprofen, and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can help with headaches and general ailments. However, consider that in excessive doses, NSAIDs can irritate the stomach, which is already affected by alcohol. Don’t take acetaminophen (paracetamol). If alcohol is still in the body, it can increase the toxic effect of acetaminophen on the liver.
- Try some coffee or tea.Caffeine may not have any anti-hangover properties, but it may provide some energy. However, keep in mind that coffee is diuretic and can increase dehydration.
- In case of nausea, try drinking regular activated charcoal (5-7 tablets) or something from an absorbent like Enterosgel or Atoxil).
Nauseous after alcohol – what is the reason? How to solve the problem?
After a fun holiday and drinking alcohol, many people often have negative consequences.After all, the retribution for this is nausea, vomiting, headaches. If a person is sick after alcohol, what to do in such a situation?
With a hangover, do not fight vomiting or nausea. After all, this reaction is quite natural and even useful. Since the decomposition products of alcohol contain toxic substances, they must be removed from the body. If vomiting is absent, but vomiting after alcohol, what to do? You need to try to induce vomiting yourself. After that, there will be quick relief.In order to provoke vomiting, it is recommended to drink a liter of water. Until clean water comes out, you should drink.
No need to take medication for nausea. They can only prevent the body from excreting toxic foods, and a severe hangover will last longer. At the same time, the harm from drunk alcohol will be much more serious.
Nausea with bile
What to do if you feel sick with bile after alcohol? In the case when the stomach is already completely cleared, and only bile comes out, we can say that the condition will soon improve.Despite the fact that this can take quite a long time, the body still does what it needs to do.
In the case when bile comes out with vomiting, the gallbladder contracts (this means that the load on the liver has decreased, as well as the tension in the pathways through which bile is excreted), and it itself enters the duodenum (the load on the pancreas). At the same time, the stomach pushes it through the esophagus, thereby reducing its sensitivity. This brings relief to the person and the nausea goes away.
Usually, vomiting stops after several passes of bile. If this does not happen, then you need to call an ambulance.
Vomiting does not stop
It also happens that vomiting does not stop and is very sick after alcohol. What to do? If this happens for more than a day, and only water with bile comes out, then you need to take “Tserukal”. It is recommended to drink the product with a small amount of water, so as not to immediately spit out the pill. If it works, then after 15 minutes you need to drink another one.If the pills did not help, and the vomiting did not stop, then you need to call a doctor who can inject a fast-acting agent intravenously.
If vomiting and nausea torments a person for too long each time, even if a very small amount of alcohol is drunk, then it would be logical to contact a gastroenterologist. He will check the liver, pancreas, duodenum. You can also take tests for the content of zinc in the blood. Its lack affects the duration of the state of intoxication.
Blood in vomit
If a person vomits blood after alcohol, what to do? In the event that there is little blood in the vomit, one should not think that this is normal. After the hangover is over, you need to get your GI tract tested right away.
If there is a large amount of blood in the vomit, an ambulance should be called immediately. It is impossible to hesitate in such a situation.
Are nausea and vomiting dangerous?
If, after a drink or a hangover, vomiting begins, but you should not go to bed, as there is a serious danger of choking on your back while sleeping.You need someone to watch over the sleeper. In case of danger, turn it over on its side.
Vomiting and nausea can be dangerous if they are caused by a serious illness that is caused or worsened by a person’s intoxication. You need to be able to distinguish a hangover syndrome from anxiety symptoms.
Eating for nausea
Let’s say a person is sick in the morning after alcohol. What to do? Many people advise to eat fatty soup through force. They say it helps.But it’s not like that. It would be much wiser not to prevent the body from cleaning itself from the poisonous decomposition products of alcohol. It is not necessary to load it with new food until it is completely cleansed. Eating heavy meals with nausea can only be beneficial as a means to provoke vomiting. But it is easier for this purpose to use plain water.
If you want to eat from a hangover, then a person should try to eat only light food. The most optimal foods are bananas, yoghurts and citrus fruits. Bananas will help to replenish the stored potassium.They are easily tolerated with prolonged nausea. Citrus fruits are high in citric acid. It helps to quickly remove toxins from the body and improves metabolism. Yoghurts, on the other hand, contain vitamins belonging to group B. They are the ones that the body loses when it processes alcohol. These vitamins improve the digestion of food, normalize the nervous system and the work of the heart and muscles, and also help with nausea.
Vomiting to prevent hangovers
What to do if you feel sick after drinking alcohol? Immediately after you feel that you have consumed too much, you need to induce vomiting.In this case, the stomach will be cleansed both of the alcohol that has lingered in it, and of unnecessary food, which, during a hangover, loads the liver and pancreas.
Vomiting as a means of temporary sobering
If a person is drunk, but urgently needs to sober up for a while, then vomiting can help. After the stomach is empty, you can drink strong black tea or coffee. These drinks will help you regain your sobriety for a while.
Which makes you sick with a hangover
Alcohol has a very negative effect on the body.Nausea and vomiting after drinking is caused by an acid-base imbalance. After all, all products formed during the breakdown of alcohol are acidic.
That is why soda solution helps many people. It is found in many hangover remedies. But it is worth paying attention to the fact that soda can cause an increase in acidity in the stomach. Therefore, it is better to drink mineral water.
When do you need to induce vomiting yourself?
One of the main causes of nausea with a hangover is that fluid in the body is not redistributed correctly.Edema occurs in the tissues, and in the circulatory system, on the contrary, dehydration. For proper redistribution, it is better to drink water while taking diuretics. These include green tea, non-alcoholic beer or Veroshpiron. Excess fluid is excreted along with the toxic substances that remain in the body. The water entering the bloodstream normalizes the blood volume. All this leads to a decrease in edema, the removal of harmful substances and an improvement in the general condition of the body.Before drinking water, it is necessary to compensate for the missing amount of mineral salts. To do this, you can drink no more than one glass of brine.
If you feel very sick after drinking, what should you do? I need to drink mineral water. It is several times more effective than usual for a hangover. Mineral water helps to shift the acid-base balance to the alkaline side. By doing this, she will eliminate the hangover, and, consequently, vomiting and nausea. Mineral water enters the bloodstream faster than ordinary water. Because of this, the swelling will go away earlier, harmful substances will also be removed from the body much faster.
If a person, having drunk the first glass of water, feels that he is drunk again, it means that there is still unprocessed alcohol in the intestines and stomach. He began to enter the blood together with water. What to do to avoid getting sick after alcohol that has not yet been processed? It is advisable to cleanse the intestines and stomach. Cleansing the stomach occurs by induction of vomiting. An enema is a very effective and quick way to cleanse the intestines. With very strong intoxication, it will rid the body of the toxic elements formed after the breakdown of alcohol.It will also eliminate improper fluid distribution. If an enema is not an option, then it can be replaced with a non-toxic laxative, of which there are a large number in the pharmacy. The main thing is to consult with a knowledgeable person.
🧬 Activated carbon in the fight against a hangover
GMS Clinic gastroenterologist Aleksey Golovenko talks in his Telegram channel “GastroPub” about the effectiveness of activated charcoal and other sorbents in the fight against hangovers.
Drinking a lot, but not wanting to die in the morning, is an unfulfilled dream of humanity.As in the case of other dreams: drinking without damaging the liver, but protecting it with “hepatoprotectors”, or losing weight without dieting or increasing physical activity, but taking weight loss drugs (laxatives with hay) – the Internet offers many simple solutions. The most popular is to drink activated charcoal at night.
A bit of theory
The theory is as follows: “Activated carbon is a porous substance: the surface area of one tablet of coal is comparable to the area of a tennis court (somewhere around 250 sq.m.). We feel that we have gone too far with alcohol – we take activated charcoal at the rate of one tablet for every 10 kg of weight. Excess alcohol is not absorbed. We feel normal in the morning. ” Now for the hard facts:
- In case of serious poisoning (most often, an overdose of paracetamol or antidepressants), activated charcoal is prescribed in a dose of 50 grams (sic!). Even assuming that this will help, it will be technically difficult to swallow 200 tablets of domestic activated carbon.
- Even at a dose of 50 g, activated charcoal is effective only in the first hour after poisoning. If activated charcoal is taken immediately after poisoning, there is a chance to bind most of the toxin. When taken after 30 minutes, absorption will decrease only by 47.3%, after an hour – by 40.07%, and after 2 hours – only by 16.5%. Thus, it is necessary to take 200 tablets directly in the process of drinking alcohol.
- Well, and most importantly: activated carbon, apparently, practically does not bind ethanol! The American Academy of Clinical Toxicology does not explicitly recommend the use of coal in case of poisoning: heavy metals (arsenic, mercury, lead), inorganic ionic substances (lithium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iodine), corrosive substances (acids and alkalis) and alcohols (including ethanol ).
What could happen?
The reason for this ban is simple: the condition of the poisoned person will not improve. And problems can arise. For example:
- Vomiting. In a study of volunteers, vomiting occurred in 8% of participants who took activated charcoal.
- Aspiration of coal (ingestion of it into the respiratory tract). Activated carbon, according to the instructions (alas, foreign, not domestic), is contraindicated in case of possible loss of consciousness.Poisoned patients are recommended to be intubated (tube for artificial respiration) before charcoal administration.
- Impossibility of adequate endoscopy. If in the morning a person vomited “coffee grounds” (digested blood), the pressure dropped, the stomach became very ill, that is, there were signs of bleeding (for example, from a stomach ulcer), a gastroscopy should be done within 24 hours. The purpose of the procedure is to find the source of bleeding and stop it (with a clip-clip, a coagulator, or the introduction of vasoconstrictor drugs through an endoscope).Activated charcoal, firstly, itself stains the stool black (and this is very similar to melena – black stool after bleeding) and can cause vomiting, strongly reminiscent of “coffee grounds”. Secondly, the endoscopist will not be able to see anything in the stomach. You will have to “flush” the stomach before the procedure. Trust me, a hangover is better.
What will help?
Will Enterosgel (Polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate), which is positioned as a “hangover remedy”, help? As in the case of activated carbon, there is a theoretical basis: the suction surface area of the gel is already 10 times larger than that of activated carbon.The drug obviously will not complicate the endoscopist’s work, if it comes to bleeding, and to eat half a tube is not to swallow 200 tablets of coal. But let’s enable skeptic mode:
- The active ingredient is not mentioned in any foreign manual. But it is present in the domestic, adjacent to phospholipids to “protect the liver.”
- Polymethylsiloxane is not known to the FDA website, Cochrane database, or Rxlist.
- In Pubmed about polymethylsiloxane as a sorbent (and not a substance for chromatography, where it is also used as a gel) – exclusively Russian or Ukrainian articles.
A hangover is caused by changes in the composition of the blood, not the contents of the digestive tract.
Anxiety, headache and other symptoms are a consequence of the accumulation of acetaldehyde (alcohol in the liver turns into it), acidosis (“acidification” of the body) and dehydration. The transformation of ethanol into toxic acetaldehyde is almost completely (75-98%) carried out in the liver, after which the latter enters the bloodstream. The biochemical processes leading to its accumulation do not depend in any way on the quality of alcohol, but are inevitable consequences of its metabolism.Tying anything in the stomach in the morning is a pointless undertaking.
What to do?
- Drink responsibly.
- Do not overeat while consuming alcohol: there is a risk of slowing down the absorption of alcohol (it will still get into the bloodstream) and “overdrink”.
- Drink responsibly.
- Reflex ejection of stomach contents through the mouth – if there is a urge to do so.
- Drink responsibly (alcohol is harmful to your health!).
- More fluids (ethanol-free) during alcohol intake, and after, and in the morning.
90,000 6 questions about a hangover
Today, everyone who celebrated the New Year with an abundant drink of alcohol has at least a headache. For the most part – a person literally “dies”, experiencing nausea, dizziness, tremors of the extremities and other unpleasant symptoms in the form of arrhythmia and even hypertension. Why we are sick, how to properly spend the day after a feast, how to be treated at home – about this in our today’s material.
They drank the same yesterday, but it’s only bad for me – why?
Answer: A hangover is an unpleasant painful condition caused by an excessive dose of alcohol for the body. Moreover, this dose is different for each person – someone feels great after heavy libations, the other suffers after a few glasses of wine.Often the degree of intoxication and hangover the next day depends on the weight category. Thin people tolerate alcohol much worse than strong-built people.
Is it possible to get rid of discomfort at home?
Doctor-narcologist Alexey Larionov answers: Yes.First you need to clear the stomach, free it from the remnants of alcohol. To do this, in 10-15 minutes you need to drink 2 liters of still mineral water. Activated charcoal helps to reduce intoxication and relieve nausea – 1 tablet per 10 kg of your weight, as well as other pharmacy absorbents.
For a hangover headache, aspirin with water or effervescent aspirin in a glass of water can help.
If you suffer from colic in the abdomen, you need to drink drugs that restore the normal state of the intestines, suppressing dysbiosis.
Lemon and water will help with nausea. Or cucumber pickle. Eat chicken or beef broth, good with kurut.
Fermented milk products do a good job with hangovers. Drink kefir, yogurt, whey, yogurt.
If all else fails, call your doctor. In every city you can find paid clinics in which you get out of a hangover.
If you increase the degree, then there will be no hangover?
The doctor-toxicologist Stanislav Radchenko answers: The widespread recommendation to drink first less strong drinks, and then stronger ones, if you really interfere with them, is nothing more than a myth.The rule essentially boils down to drinking only one drink.
The degree of intoxication depends (all other things being equal) not on the strength of an alcoholic drink or the sequence of drinking drinks of different strengths, but on the amount of alcohol that has entered the human body in a certain amount of time.
And the headache in the morning after drinking alcohol has its own explanation and clearly does not depend on the sequence of alcoholic beverages (rather, on their composition, the presence of impurities and other factors).
How quickly to sober up?
Answer: Rinse a wide glass with drops of vegetable oil to form a film on the glass. Put in a glass yolk, a couple of teaspoons of tomato sauce, two pinches of ground pepper and a little salt.If you have – a couple of drops of “Pertsovka” and lemon juice. Have a drink and wait to sober up.
How to get rid of fumes?
Answer: It so happens that you need to go to a business meeting today or receive guests in front of whom you would not like to appear with a trail of alcoholic smell, what should you do?
You can chew the flowers of dry cloves, chew two coffee beans – this will remove the smell.This method also helps: put bay leaf in your mouth and slowly dissolve it. Lemon peel, orange peel, mint leaves, pistachio, sunflower seeds help to temporarily remove the smell when chewed.
Is it worth getting drunk?
Doctor-toxicologist Stanislav Radchenko answers: Getting drunk in the morning is useless and even dangerous: it can lead to binge drinking. If you are not a recognized alcoholic, then your health will not improve, but you will also be drunk.
There is also an opinion that a healthy person should inevitably have an aversion to any drink in the morning: in a normal situation, the gag reflex works, and any thought of drinking should cause powerful disgust. If this is not the case, then this is also considered a sign of alcoholism. Be careful.
90,000 drug search, prices and availability of drugs in the pharmacies of Volodarsk-Volynsky and Ukraine
About the project – My Pharmacy
My Pharmacy is the fastest and most convenient way to find the necessary medicines in any pharmacy throughout Ukraine.We provide up-to-date information on prices and availability
medicines in pharmacies in Ukraine. Here you can buy medicines at low prices by comparing prices or making an online reservation.
Our database contains data on more than 11,000,000 product offerings of medicines and related products in 3,000 pharmacy outlets in Kiev and other settlements of Ukraine.
Updating the database of the assortment of goods every 20 minutes allows you to always provide the most up-to-date and reliable information about medicines.
In addition, the user can familiarize himself with the work schedule and contacts of each pharmacy point presented on our resource, find the addresses of 24-hour pharmacies and build them
route on the map.
The purpose of this project is to provide an opportunity for each user to search for medicines as simply and efficiently as possible, and ordering pills online is quick and convenient.
Benefits for users
My Pharmacy has a number of advantages that distinguish us favorably from competitors, thanks to which customers choose us.
- Ability to quickly search for drugs in pharmacies in Kiev and other cities of Ukraine;
- Find out about the availability of a medicine in pharmacies in Ukraine;
- View current prices for medicines in various pharmacies;
- Carry out a comparison of prices in pharmacies for the drug of interest and find out where it can be purchased as profitably as possible;
- We provide an opportunity to get an additional discount when ordering drugs online;
- Find analogs of expensive drugs by comparing drugs by active ingredient;
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions for use;
- Find out about the availability of medicines in the nearest pharmacies, and independently build a route on the map online;
- On our website you can find out the exact address, contact numbers and working hours of any pharmacy and find the nearest pharmacy to you.
- Read useful publications about health, learn the latest news from the field of medicine;
- Share your feedback on the quality of service of a particular pharmacy;
Ordering and searching for medicines in pharmacies on the website
On the main page of the site there is a line for quickly finding the necessary medicines. By the full name or its fragment, the resource will offer you a list of found drugs with the current ones.
prices.To purchase a drug at the lowest cost, you just need to compare prices in pharmacies or make a reserve for it for an additional discount.
Using filters by price, distance, schedule will make your search results more targeted and useful.
The functionality of the service will be useful not only for ordinary users, but also for employees of medical institutions. Selection is available on the advanced search pages
medicines according to specialized indicators:
For each medicinal product, the site contains the original instructions for use from the manufacturer, which indicates everything about the product: active ingredients, purpose, contraindications
and side reactions.Please read this information carefully before purchasing. On the same page, you can quickly find drug analogues by simply clicking the Analogues button. Here you will see everything
options that can replace the drug of interest. And to order pills online, you must click on the green button next to the price.
THE “MY PHARMACY” SERVICE ADMINISTRATION WARNS: SELF-TREATMENT CAN BE DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH! THE INFORMATION ON THIS RESOURCE IS PROVIDED ONLY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES AND NOT
CAN REPLACE THE DOCTOR’S CONSULTATION.
90,000 Nutraceuticals for a hangover | Elena Kornilova
Severe hangover, alcohol intoxication is an unpleasant and even dangerous condition. Better, of course, to do everything to avoid it, exactly how – we told here . If you failed to adequately prepare before drinking alcohol, and you are already feeling bad, it’s time to find out how to quickly get rid of a hangover at home.
Why hangovers are bad
If you are not one of the lucky ones who do not have problems with the production of enzymes, without preliminary preparation of alcohol poisoning (remember that alcohol turns into toxic acetaldehyde) you cannot avoid it.
Dehydration, lack of circulating blood volume, which manifests itself in the form of dry wood; violation of the acid-base balance (acidosis), due to which breathing becomes more frequent and nausea appears in the morning. To get rid of a hangover faster, you need to help the body to remove waste products, support the liver, “water” the cells, restore pH.
Under no circumstances should you take aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) if you have a severe hangover (as well as before drinking alcohol).Drugs popular with hangover syndrome, such as Antipohmelin, Alka-Seltzer, etc., are also not allowed! They contain aspirin, so they not only will not help in difficult times, but will also harm.
This is because aspirin, entering through the portal system of the liver, undergoes a strong effect of the first pass through the liver, paving the way for ethanol. In addition, according to the American Medical Association, aspirin inhibits the action of the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase. And any drug of the NSAID group gives an increased load on the liver.The phenomenon of “suicidal metabolism” can also occur with the formation of hepatotoxic derivatives, as is the case with acetaminophen (paracetamol).
The first step in case of a hangover is to “cleanse” – to go to the toilet well (you can even do an enema or get a chair by taking mineral water, such as Donat Mg). Stool is an alcohol depot, it is better to get rid of them. But in no case should you take laxatives – they will lead to even greater dehydration!
To take sorbent
Sorbents (“Polysorb”, “Enterosgel”, best of all “Zosterin”) will help to make life a little easier with a hangover, but in general it is better to drink them before drinking alcohol.If you take it afterwards, then only with plenty of water, otherwise you will increase dehydration.
To restore the water-salt balance
It is necessary to restore the normal distribution of fluid in the body, disturbed by alcohol, – to transfer fluid from the intercellular spaces into the blood (at the same time to remove the swelling and the headache caused by them). Dehydrated cells need to be watered faster, but if you just drink water, the recovery process will be long, you need a balance of electrolytes. To do this, you can take “Regidron”, mineral water (bicarbonate magnesium waters help to get out of acidosis), sauerkraut brine.These same drinks can help relieve nausea. With severe attacks of nausea, you can dissolve pieces of ginger, drink ginger tea.
90,000 How to get rid of nausea after alcohol
Nausea after alcohol
The gag reflex and nausea are constant companions of alcohol poisoning. Moreover, in some people, negative symptoms appear only the next morning after heavy libations, others feel sick after alcohol after a short period of time after the onset of drinking.Next, we will talk about the reasons that provoke nausea after consuming ethanol, as well as what to do in such situations, and how you can help the body get rid of toxins and obsessive vomiting.
Getting rid of hangover nausea with medication will not be the best choice, since nausea is a natural defense reaction of the body to an excess of toxins formed as a result of ethanol processing.If you feel sick from a hangover, but you can’t clear your stomach, it is recommended to induce vomiting on your own by drinking at least 750 ml of purified water.
In this way, it will turn out to be much more effective to support your own body than in the case of taking drugs that reduce the feeling of nausea, which interfere with getting rid of poisons and increase the duration of the hangover syndrome. Alcohol affects human organisms in different ways, depending on gender, as well as the production of enzymes responsible for the breakdown of ethanol, neutralization of toxins and other individual characteristics.
Alcohol is a strong neurotoxin, moreover, it promotes intensive flushing of vitamins and minerals from the stomach, which provokes dehydration. Fusel oils, acids, methanol and acetaldehyde present in the composition of any alcoholic beverages, upon decomposition, have a pronounced intoxicating effect, which provokes nausea, headache, and a number of other negative symptoms.
Types of nausea after alcohol
Nausea after alcohol is a natural process that allows the body to get rid of various poisons, and is divided into the following types:
- Vomit with remnants of food and alcohol that did not have time to digest are often observed the next day after drinking.They testify to attempts to rid the body of toxins on its own.
- If the hangover syndrome was aggravated by an allergic reaction to an alcoholic drink or its ingredients, it may be accompanied by vomiting, combined with coughing, choking, and a pale complexion.
- Vomit mixed with blood suggests that there is bleeding in the esophagus associated with critical damage to the mucous membranes or tissues of the esophagus. Symptoms like these require immediate medical attention.
- If vomiting has a dark shade, you should also seek qualified medical support, since this factor indicates the presence of bleeding in the digestive system.
There is a widespread belief that hangover nausea is directly related to not having enough snacks the day before, and if you lean on food, then gagging in the morning can be avoided. In fact, food allows you to maintain a relative sobriety during a binge, but it does not save you from most negative consequences, including severe nausea.
When one feels sick with bile after alcohol, it means that soon the general condition will stabilize, and the state of health will become better. The release of bile together with vomit is a sign of contraction of the gallbladder, which indicates a decrease in the load on the pancreas and liver.
However, in a number of cases, vomiting with bile indicates the presence of dangerous diseases of the internal organs, and if nausea is accompanied by a tingling of the tongue and a serious condition, it is necessary to seek medical support, and in the future, completely abandon any alcoholic beverages.
How to get rid of nausea with folk remedies
How to get rid of nausea after alcohol? The most ridiculous decision would be to go to bed, hoping to improve the state of the body after sleep. Nausea indicates the need to get rid of toxins, therefore, in the presence of vomiting, it is recommended to adhere to the following algorithm of actions. First, you need to prepare a solution of baking soda at the rate of 1 teaspoon for 1.5-2 liters of clean heated water.
After drinking half a liter of liquid, you need to press with your fingers on the base of the root of the tongue, provoking an emetic effect.After induction of vomiting, the procedure is repeated. An enema is an optimal procedure for cleansing the intestines, which will rid the body of toxins accumulated as a result of libation. Thanks to the intake of absorbents, you can prevent the absorption of alcohol into the circulatory system and stop obsessive vomiting.
To get rid of nausea from a hangover, you should drink as much liquid as possible, giving preference to mineral water and herbal infusions. The next morning after alcoholic libations, you can drink a decoction of lemon balm, chamomile and mint infusion, which have a sedative, anti-inflammatory effect, and relieve vomiting
Traditional methods of eliminating the negative consequences of the hangover syndrome, such as cucumber pickle, can relieve nausea, since salt in combination with vitamin C accelerates the process of getting rid of intoxication and eliminates vomiting.However, such methods are not suitable for people with low acidity, because drunk brine will negatively affect the condition of the kidneys and the gastrointestinal tract.
What medications can get rid of the problem
Such drugs as No-shpa, which relieves stomach cramps, Aspirin, which accelerates the breakdown of ethanol metabolites, and Validol, which normalizes pulse and blood pressure, help to remove nausea after drinking. Rehydron saves from dehydration of the body, provoked by alcoholic beverages.
It is necessary to take any pharmaceutical products only after consulting your doctor. If the condition is not critical, it is recommended to make a weak tea with sugar or honey, take a short walk and sleep well. The drug Motilium relieves nausea from a hangover, relieving vomiting, belching, heartburn and dyspepsia.
Zofran and Cerucal block nausea, but they are not able to reduce the severity of the hangover syndrome. Gepabene, Essentiale Forte and other hepatoprotectors can provide significant support to the liver during the period of getting rid of ethanol metabolites, but self-treatment without a doctor’s supervision will only aggravate the situation.
Potassium permanganate solution is considered an excellent means for gastric lavage, however, it is not suitable for persons suffering from gastritis or peptic ulcer disease, since manganese crystals irritate the walls of the stomach. In order not to feel sick, it is worth using fresh ginger roots, which are finely rubbed and brewed for further use as tea. You can also apply dried root powder by making a hot drink at the rate of 2 teaspoons per liter of water.
Products that reduce gagging from a hangover
There is a widespread belief that if you feel sick with a hangover, you need to eat fatty foods even if you have no appetite.However, this statement is not true, and such a meal will only increase the load on the stomach, liver and cardiovascular system. Heavy food from a hangover, as a rule, increases gagging and an upset stomach.
If you have a hangover appetite, you should pay attention to products such as:
- Citrus fruits, which contain an impressive amount of vitamin C and important trace elements that accelerate the elimination of toxins from the body.
- Bananas, as they hold the record for fructose and potassium.
- Fermented milk products (tan, yogurt, kefir, yogurt and others). Do not drink more than 500-700 ml on a hangover day.
- Natural kvass from black bread will saturate the body with B vitamins and important minerals.
Alcohol lowers the level of glucose in the circulatory system, therefore, after active libation, it is recommended to eat sweet foods and foods high in carbohydrates.
When to see a doctor
If a person drank alcohol, in most cases, you can overcome vomiting by using the recommendations listed above.However, what if you feel sick after drinking alcohol on the second or third day after libation? The following symptoms indicate the need to see a doctor:
- severe headache;
- Difficulty breathing
- Incessant vomiting.
Such symptoms indicate that the body is not able to fight intoxication on its own, and it is necessary to remove the consequences of hard drinking with medical help. If a person who has gone through alcohol is not lucky enough to lose consciousness, you need to put him on his right side and make sure that vomiting does not enter the respiratory tract.You can bring to life even a dead drunk by rubbing his ears, which will increase the blood flow to the brain.
If a person is very sick from beer or vodka, drunk the day before, it is strongly not recommended for him to go to bed, since such a step can lead to the fact that he will choke on vomit. The best way to prevent the occurrence of gagging from a hangover is to follow your own norm or completely stop drinking alcohol.
Source: http: // armeparh.ru / alkogolizm / vred / toshnota-posle-alkogolya
Nauseous after alcohol – how to get rid of symptoms at home with drugs and folk remedies
If you drink too much, after drinking, a person is often worried about a hangover, it is especially unpleasant when he feels sick after alcohol, and bile appears in the mouth. The state of health is satisfactory, especially when it comes to acute alcohol poisoning. It is necessary to understand the harmful effects of alcohol, to timely control the dose of ethyl alcohol entering the body.If the unpleasant symptoms of the sutra are still present, you can remove the nausea after alcohol using generally available home methods.
Why is alcohol sick
The symptoms of a hangover are well known to every adult, but not everyone understands why they occur, what are the features of the physiological process. The main provoking factor is ethanol, which is productively absorbed into the walls of the esophagus, liver, and gastrointestinal tract. In these important organs, the alcohol base is rapidly oxidized to acetaldehyde and acid.As a result, cellular metabolism is disturbed due to the removal of valuable magnesium, potassium and calcium from the body by acetaldehyde.
Due to the rapid absorption of alcohol, its increased concentration in the blood is observed. The liver cannot cope with the increased load, does not produce enzymes in the required volume, therefore it is not able to remove toxins. In the body, there are pronounced symptoms of intoxication, which reduce the quality of life of a clinical patient, and can cause hospitalization.
With an increase in the dose of alcohol, dysfunction of the pancreas is observed. If the state of alcohol intoxication is made the norm of everyday life, we are already talking about serious health consequences. For example, binge drinking can result in chronic gastritis or provoke cirrhosis of the liver. Nausea after alcohol occurs for the following reasons:
- individual alcohol intolerance;
- drinking low-quality alcoholic beverages;
- severe hangover;
- severe vomiting of bile;
- intoxication of the body.
Hangover symptoms occur not only after intoxication with vodka or wine, beer is another dangerous alcoholic drink. Fermentation products cause serious problems for the stomach and intestines, disrupt the functioning of the digestive system. Even activated carbon does not help to normalize the general well-being. The main reasons why you feel sick after drinking alcohol are presented below:
- intolerance to intolerant drink;
- chronic diseases of the digestive system;
- retention of blood alcohol residues;
- beer abuse.
90,011 results of dehydration of the body;
Such an unpleasant symptom appears with severe pain in the abdomen, therefore it is necessary to urgently call a doctor at home. Urgent hospitalization of the patient is not excluded in order to remove alcohol and get rid of unpleasant consequences in a clinical way. Black vomit after alcohol means that internal organs can be injured due to exposure to toxic substances. This is dangerous, the consequences can be the most unpredictable for life and health.Other reasons why you may feel sick after drinking are as follows:
- stomach ulcer;
- intestinal tumors;
- extensive intoxication;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- pulmonary hemorrhage.
Vomiting the next day
If you feel sick from alcohol in the morning, this is how the classic hangover syndromes appear. The decay products of ethanol are concentrated in the blood, aggravating the work of the liver, kidneys, and pancreas. To avoid a hangover, it is advisable to refuse to drink alcohol or to dose their intake into the body.Drinking alcohol is not recommended, since this way can only worsen the general state of health. The reasons why vomiting appears after alcohol the next day are as follows:
- alcohol intolerance;
- general intoxication of the body;
- chronic diseases of the digestive tract;
- liver disease;
- reaction of the body to the ingredients of alcoholic beverages.
Vomiting of bile
If the stomach is already empty after vomiting, bile is released instead of its contents.It is necessary to drink mineral water in order to avoid general intoxication of the body, extremely undesirable dehydration. The appearance of bile indicates that the general condition will soon normalize, and nausea with other unpleasant symptoms will soon disappear. Other causes of vomiting with bile are as follows:
- stomach diseases;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- protracted vomiting.
With strong intoxication, the concentration of acetic acid in the stomach increases, as a result of which the integrity of the mucous membranes is disrupted, gastritis progresses with a tendency to ulcers.With such a serious symptom, the body seems to report a critical situation, which is more characteristic of a chronic alcoholic, or arises with severe intoxication. To effectively treat a hangover, you must use medication. Major causes of vomiting:
- chronic diseases of the liver and gastrointestinal tract;
- acute intoxication of the body;
- relapse of the underlying disease of the body.
How to get rid of nausea after alcohol
To avoid a hangover, it is recommended to take a couple of Aspirin tablets to thin the blood before the festive feast.In this case, the next morning the head does not hurt, does not feel sick, the general state of health is satisfactory. If the decay products of ethanol already predominate in the body, action is required immediately. Here are the general recommendations of the experts:
- Induce vomiting to remove residual toxins from the gastrointestinal tract, empty the stomach and normalize intestinal motility.
- Take sorbents that “quench” the influence of pathogenic flora, protect the walls of the stomach from destruction.
- Be in the fresh air more often, and then you will not feel sick, your head will stop spinning, you can eliminate hangover syndromes without medication.
- Drink fresh lemon juice, which you need to prepare yourself, adding 1 tsp. sugar for taste (ginger tea, pickles and tomato juice work well).
- Get more vitamin C. It is found in oranges, grapefruit, lemon and other fruits.
How to stop vomiting after alcohol
To cleanse the stomach, it is necessary to perform a cleansing enema at home or in a hospital. However, there are other, more comfortable methods if you feel sick after alcohol.The main goal is to cleanse the stomach of intoxication products, normalize the intestinal microflora, and restore the gastric mucosa. In the fight against severe headaches, analgesics help, otherwise the sequence of the patient’s actions is as follows:
- Drink more water, provoke vomiting, thereby removing ethanol and other toxic substances from the digestive system.
- Then, in the fight against severe poisoning, it is necessary to take sorbents, for example, Linex, Sorbex or activated carbon.
- It is important not to forget about the benefits of natural products with vitamin C, it will also feel better after taking the drug containing acetylsalicylic acid.
- Further treatment of the hangover syndrome is symptomatic, proceeds under the supervision of a knowledgeable specialist.
What helps with hangovers and nausea
A sign of alcoholism is the emergence of a persistent hangover syndrome, constantly after alcohol abuse. The condition can be accompanied not only by nausea, but also by migraine attacks, allergic reactions, vomiting, signs of dyspepsia and swelling of the extremities.To normalize well-being, you need to pay attention to the following medications:
- Vitamin C, being a natural antioxidant, removes toxic substances and toxins from the body. Contained in multivitamin complexes, Aspirin.
- Vitamin E also frees cells from toxins, normalizes cell metabolism. Contained in multivitamin complexes, sea buckthorn, many varieties of nuts.
- Nicotinic acid calms morally, therefore, if vomiting after drinking alcohol, the patient does not behave so aggressively with this component.
Medicines after alcohol should be prescribed by the attending physician, otherwise the systemic digestion and general condition can only be harmed. Here are the effective medicines:
- Cerucal. Tablets remove nausea and vomiting, prevent prolonged diarrhea. The active ingredient metoclopramide hydrochloride monohydrate has antiemetic properties, removes toxins. The maximum daily dose is no more than 20 mg. Pros – high efficiency, cons – does not help everyone.
- Neosmectin. This adsorbent with the active component smectite eliminates the effects of body poisoning, restores the work of the digestive tract if you feel sick. The contents of the bag must be diluted with 1 tbsp. water, drink at a time.
- Filtrum. Tablets with sorbing and restoring properties of the gastric microflora, which should be taken orally. If you are sick, you need to take 3-4 pills at once. Advantages – fast action, disadvantage – contraindications, side effects.
Every person will always have reliable recipes against the effects of alcohol. Here are the most affordable and effective ones:
- It is necessary to grind the ginger root, after which 1 tbsp. l. raw materials pour 1 tbsp. boiling water. Insist and drink if you feel sick.
- It is required to separate 2 egg whites from the yolk, mix the composition and drink it in one gulp on an empty stomach, even if you feel sick at the sight of it.
- Prepare a rosehip decoction and take it internally instead of tea throughout the day until the nausea stops.
How to drink to avoid vomiting
Vitamin C in concentrated form and not only is able to efficiently remove ethanol breakdown products from the body, without retaining them in healthy cells. To quickly stop vomiting, you need to drink the remedy in small sips, slowly, not to overload the stomach. If this is a medicine with a specific smell, it is better not to smell it at all before taking it – to pinch your nose with your fingers.
Means and methods for relieving nausea after alcohol
Nausea after alcohol is a symptom of alcohol poisoning. Less often occurs immediately, more often in the morning after waking up. The severity is related to the amount of alcohol consumed and the individual reaction of the body. Also depends on gender, age and quality of the drink. There are ways to prevent the condition, reduce nausea, headache, and vomiting.
Why is hungover sick
Many are familiar with the symptoms of a hangover, but not everyone knows the cause.Ethanol provokes a similar condition. It is absorbed into the bloodstream, the walls of the digestive tract, and the gastric mucosa. The alcohol is oxidized to acids and acetaldehyde. As a result, vital magnesium, potassium and calcium are excreted from the body at a high rate.
Due to the rapid absorption, the concentration of alcohol in the blood increases rapidly. The organs can no longer cope with the load, and the liver cannot properly filter the blood, since the enzymes are not produced in sufficient quantities.It turns out that toxins are not excreted correctly – intoxication develops.
When the dose of alcohol increases, the load on the pancreas increases, the body stops working properly. If you drink regularly, in medium or large quantities, there are constant disorders in well-being and health. This results in gastritis or cirrhosis. Nausea develops under the influence of:
- severe hangover;
- alcohol intolerance;
- poor quality alcohol;
- frequent use.
How to quickly stop vomiting
There are several ways to cleanse the body. Their main task is to restore the mucous membrane of the stomach:
- An effective way is to induce vomiting. Dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt in 5 liters of water, drink as much as possible, after 10 minutes – a little more. Then press your fingers on the root of the tongue. This will cleanse the body, help remove poisons and toxins, while normalizing health.
- Drink sorbents that help with severe poisoning.For example, Smecta, Polysorb, Enterosgel, the main thing is to choose the right dose, read the instructions.
- Eat a fruit containing vitamin C: lemon, orange, grapefruit, kiwi. Or take an effervescent tablet with vitamin C, dilute in water, and drink. This normalizes health, relieves nausea, and prevents vomiting.
How to get rid of symptoms
To eliminate nausea and other signs of a hangover, follow the rules:
- Drink mineral water, this will normalize the water-salt balance.
- Take a walk outside, preferably in a park, to speed up metabolic processes and recover faster.
- Water treatments will help restore well-being. Take a contrast shower, brush your teeth, and change into fresh clothes.
- When the acute nausea has subsided – have breakfast. Suitable dishes: chicken broth, boiled eggs or vegetable salad with olive or vegetable oil.
These simple recommendations will help you get rid of even a strong hangover, cheer up, get a burst of energy.If you have free time, get a good night’s sleep.
What tools and methods will help
A persistent hangover is a sign of progressive alcoholism. The condition, in addition to nausea, is accompanied by migraines, allergies, vomiting, and swelling of the hands and feet. To restore your well-being, pay attention to vitamins:
- vitamin C – a natural antioxidant, removes poisons from the body, is a part of multivitamins, aspirin;
- vitamin E – allows cells to get rid of toxins, normalizes metabolic processes;
- niacin – helps to calm down emotionally, symptoms are less annoying.
Even in case of alcohol poisoning, a specialist must prescribe medication. Otherwise, rash taking pills can further harm digestion and general condition. The following drugs are usually recommended:
- Cerucal. The tablets help fight nausea, vomiting, and prevent the development of prolonged diarrhea. The active substance has an antiemetic effect, helps to accelerate the elimination of toxins. 2 mg is the maximum dosage per day. The advantage is high efficiency, but it does not help everyone.
- Neosmectin. An adsorbent, helps to fight the effects of poisoning, normalizes digestive functions, removes nausea. Available in powder form. Dissolve the contents of one sachet in a glass of water and drink.
- Filtrum. The tablets work as a sorbent, collect toxins and remove them from the body, restore the microflora of the digestive system. With nausea, drink 3-4 pieces at a time, they act quickly.
Before use, read the instructions, check contraindications, consult your doctor.
In addition to medicines, you can relieve the condition with the help of traditional medicine recipes. Effective include:
- Brine or water with lemon juice also helps to relieve alcohol-related headaches;
- bread kvass;
- warm milk and a few drops of castor oil;
- a glass of water and 10 drops of ammonia;
What not to do
An error in the treatment of alcohol intoxication – a hangover.You should not drink alcohol again, hoping that it will get better. Yes, the condition will normalize, but the effect will be short-lived, and the consequences will be more serious. This approach provokes the development of alcohol dependence.
It is better not to combine smoking and alcohol, this will increase the congestion of the liver. Caffeine also enhances the toxic effects of alcohol on the body.
|Video (click to play).|
It is believed that physical activity will alleviate the condition.This is not entirely true. Light exercise actually makes you feel better by activating blood flow and eliminating alcohol faster. The main thing is not to overdo it, excessive stress will only worsen the condition.
With a hangover, don’t drive. In addition to having a bad reaction, driving a car increases the nausea.
Food and drinking regime
For nausea after alcohol, drink as much liquid as possible. In addition to water, drink the following drinks:
- decoction of mint and lemon balm;
- chamomile tea;
- rosehip decoction;
- mineral water.
They will help to restore the correct functioning of the stomach and intestines, relieve spasms, quickly normalize the water-salt balance, which was disturbed by alcohol.
In the morning, if you have a hangover, have a hearty breakfast. Despite the lack of appetite, to eliminate nausea, you need to eat, for example, low-fat soup, sauerkraut, rye bread rusks, cottage cheese, fermented baked milk.
Symptoms of poisoning will noticeably decrease after pomegranate, orange or carrot juice.They will also help restore peristalsis, reduce flatulence.
Knowing some rules and tricks, you can prevent serious consequences and poor health in advance:
- Vitamin B6 intake. If you drink it 12 hours before and then again 3-4 hours before drinking, the risk of hangover will decrease significantly. Vitamin enhances the production of enzymes in the liver, so it will be easier for it to withstand the effects of alcohol.
- Reception of enzymes: Pancreatin, Mezim-forte, Creon.
- Immediately after drinking, take a sorbent: Polysorb, Enterosgel, Smecta. Then try to empty the intestines so that the toxins associated with drugs are quickly eliminated from the body.
- Take anti-hangover drug immediately after taking alcohol, the main thing is not at the same time with the sorbent. This is Bison, Alka-Seltzer. leave an additional dose in the morning when the hangover comes.
- Dissolve lemon juice in water, in a ratio of 1 to 2, gradually drink. This will speed up the metabolism and help remove poisons faster.
- 2-3 days before drinking alcohol, you should not eat fatty foods, heavy foods, smoked meats.
Nausea associated with a hangover indicates severe intoxication. The body tries to get rid of toxins on its own through vomiting. Try to drink in moderation, it is important to take care of your condition in advance and take preventive measures. In this case, the symptoms of poisoning and feeling unwell will be minimal.
Source: http: // orvote.ru / lechenie / ubrat-posle-alkogolya /
How to get rid of nausea after alcohol: pills and folk methods
Almost everyone sooner or later faces withdrawal symptoms after drinking alcohol. In addition to headaches and general ill health, drinking too much is fraught with nausea and vomiting.
Do not reproach yourself for weakness, because the gag reflex is a protective mechanism for cleansing the body of toxins. Of course, in order not to face the unpleasant consequences of alcohol intoxication, it is better not to abuse alcohol.
But if this does happen in your life, it is better to know the basic methods of how to get rid of nausea after alcohol. You will find the most effective and popular methods in our article.
Types of vomiting after alcohol
Before that, it makes sense to drink about 500 ml. liquids (water, manganese solution, or saline) to relieve vomiting. Believe me, a couple of minutes of unpleasant sensations will allow you to recover from a binge much faster than if you were fighting nausea.
Pay attention to the composition of the vomit.
- If they contain impurities of bile with foam (they have a greenish-yellow or yellow-brown color and are accompanied by bitterness in the mouth), then the intoxication is quite strong.
Vomiting of bile after alcohol means that the gallbladder and liver have been damaged as a result of the poisoning. After such vomiting, it is best to drink black or green tea with lemon or mint to calm the stomach.
- Vomiting blood after alcohol may indicate internal bleeding.
In particular, bleeding of the esophagus or other digestive organs may appear this way.
What if you notice dark clotted blood in the vomit? It is necessary to immediately seek medical help, because this symptom can be life-threatening.
How to stop the development of withdrawal symptoms?
- To ease the general condition after vomiting, must provide fresh air to the room .Ideally, it is better to go outside and take a short walk. Walking slowly will allow the cells of the body to be saturated with oxygen and speed up the metabolism, which will help to get rid of toxins as soon as possible.
Walking in the fresh air will also help relieve headaches, so do not neglect this method to recover from a hectic party.
- After returning home, water treatments will be helpful to relieve nausea. What helps to bring yourself back to normal most quickly? Of course, this is a contrast shower.After taking a bath, do not forget to rub yourself with a towel – this will speed up blood circulation and metabolic processes in the body.
What will help calm the gastrointestinal tract and not induce vomiting?
A viscous porridge or mashed vegetable soup is ideal for this.
Porridge, by the way, is preferable, since cereals, passing through the intestines, cleanse it of the remains of toxins that did not come out with vomiting. It also soothes the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract and restores damaged microflora.
Drugs for hangover and nausea
Since the problem of alcohol overdose in our country is not rare, drugs for hangover syndromes are widely presented on the shelves of pharmacies. Such drugs are usually found in two forms of release: in the form of capsules for oral administration or in the form of effervescent tablets that must be dissolved in water.
So, what to drink to relieve hangover:
- Alkoselzer. This drug consists of only three ingredients: acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), citric acid and sodium bicarbonate (soda). It is produced in the form of tablets, from which a solution is obtained when immersed in water. Aspirin, which is part of the drug, has a strong analgesic effect, and soda soothes the gastric mucosa, reducing the manifestations of nausea.
- Anti-hangover. The preparation contains organic acids (succinic, ascorbic, fumaric), glucose and sodium glutamate.Organic acids neutralize the negative effects of ethyl alcohol on the body and help speed up metabolism. This, in turn, helps to get rid of toxins as soon as possible and improve the general condition of the patient. The drug is produced in the form of tablets.
- Zorex. This medicinal product can be sold in the form of effervescent tablets or capsules. The main active ingredients that can fight hangover symptoms are unitol and calcium pantothenate.Also in the composition of the drug – povidone, starch, citric acid, magnesium hydrogen phosphate, cellulose, silicon dioxide. The complex effect of the ingredients of the drug provides relief of symptoms after alcohol poisoning and promotes detoxification of the body.
When taking a drug for a hangover, carefully read the instructions, as any drugs have contraindications. It is also very important to observe the dosage, otherwise you can provoke an increased load on all vital systems of the body.
Of course, you want to get rid of the symptoms of ethyl alcohol poisoning as soon as possible, but you should not overdo it with medicines. It is better to take care of your well-being in advance and not to abuse alcohol.
Toxic decomposition products of ethanol after alcohol poisoning enter the bloodstream and provoke nausea. In order to cope with intoxication, it is necessary, first of all, to clear the stomach.
For this purpose, you can use the usual weak (light pink) solution of potassium permanganate .Dilute potassium permanganate in a two- or three-liter can of water to the desired color and take 500 ml by mouth. Induce vomiting after each drink. Nausea will disappear after no food debris is observed in the vomit.
After gastric lavage, it makes sense to use enterosorbents to remove toxins and toxins from the body. For these purposes, such drugs as Smecta , Polysorb, activated carbon, Enterosgel, Polyphepan are suitable.
It is better to have some of the above means in your home medicine cabinet, because enterosorbents are indispensable for any poisoning, not only alcohol.They have no side effects and contraindications, since they are not absorbed by the walls of the stomach and other organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
Enterosorbents pass along the food path and clean it from all harmful substances that come across on its way. In addition to nausea, these medications can also help relieve gas, heartburn, diarrhea, and belching.
The drug Duphalac also helps to cope with intoxication after alcohol poisoning. This laxative not only normalizes stool, but also has a gastrointestinal tract cleansing effect.
Too much alcohol is fraught with not only nausea during a hangover – it entails dehydration . The fact is that the intake of ethyl alcohol provokes frequent urination.
Along with urine, excess amounts of mineral compounds leave the body, which are necessary for normal life and well-being. This, in turn, leads to a disorder of peristalsis and disruption of the entire digestive system.
Alcohol abuse is often accompanied by diarrhea, which also contributes to severe dehydration. And with a combination of all three symptoms – nausea, loose stools and profuse urination – a person’s condition deteriorates rapidly and can reach a critical point.
How to quickly restore the water-salt balance? For these purposes, you will need solutions of such drugs as Rehydron , Trigidron, Hydrovit, Reosolan . They normalize metabolic processes and retain mineral compounds in the body.
Rehydration products contain a whole complex of trace elements, including glucose or dextrose. These components help a person replenish their energy reserves faster and feel better.
Sedatives and nootropic medicines
The feeling of nausea can be associated not only with physiological, but also with neurological processes. Poisoning of brain cells with ethyl alcohol causes a state of emotional instability.
In this case, a person gets irritated for no apparent reason, feels unreasonable anxiety and nervous excitement, becomes embittered and aggressive.This condition provokes a disorder of the digestive tract, which is manifested by bouts of nausea or diarrhea.
To normalize the functioning of the nervous system, experts recommend drugs of various groups:
- Nootropics, including Pantogam, Picamilon, Mexidol;
- Natural remedies : infusions of mint, lemon balm, motherwort, St. John’s wort;
- Sedatives , including Persen, Novo-Passit, Deprim.
For the most part, a lack of magnesium leads to neurological disorders after alcohol intoxication. To restore its reserves in the body, it is worth taking a pill Asparkam or Panangin.
Complex vitamins can help in this case, for example, Vitrum, Alphabet or Supradin. And tinctures of echinacea, lemongrass, ginseng, rosea and eleutherococcus radiola will normalize blood pressure in those who suffer from arterial hypotension.
Popular wisdom, multiplied by centuries of experience, can suggest a simple solution to almost any problem. Therefore, if you are concerned about the question “how to stop vomiting after alcohol poisoning at home”, turn to alternative medicine.
Popular wisdom advises how to remove hangover syndromes with improvised means:
What not to do with a hangover
Contrary to popular belief, after alcohol overdose it is not recommended:
- Drink coffee and other caffeinated drinks (e.g. energy drinks).Caffeine overloads an already emaciated liver and also increases the toxicity of ethyl alcohol.
- Drink alcohol (hangover). The improvement in the condition after repeated drinking with a hangover is short-lived. A little later, all the symptoms of alcohol poisoning will return with a vengeance. Think about your body: after an overdose of alcohol, it needs cleansing and sedatives, not a second round of combat.
- Smoking .Cigarettes increase withdrawal symptoms.
Prevention of morning sickness
Before a stormy feast, many people ask themselves how to drink so that they do not feel sick the next day.
There are a few tricks that will help you not get drunk from the first drink, and avoid a heavy hangover:
Well, the most effective advice for getting rid of the symptoms of a severe hangover is to know when to stop drinking. Regular drinking alcohol takes a significant toll on your body and can cause many serious illnesses.
An adult must have certain knowledge about the capabilities and characteristics of his body. And if a hangover becomes your constant companion, then it is worth thinking about how to stop drinking alcohol in excess.
© 2018 – 2019, Dmitry Bunata. All rights reserved.
|Video (click to play).|
How to get rid of nausea after alcohol
Rating of 5 people who voted: 1
Narcologist. Work experience – 25 years.
Does not provide paid consultations on the site.